"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@Xenomata I played for some weeks an -ATK BH!Roy (until I was lucky to get a better nature). He will proc Galeforce often enough. Life and Death should suffice for a big part of the situations and Cav buffs help with the rest. 

He is fun to play and helped me to cheese some of the story and GHB maps. 

Like the other CYL units he is also good for scoring in arena, because of BST bonus and his SP expensive skills. If you ever get another copy for a merge and to change his nature, he will be a good candidate for your arena team. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is a thing.

YXnAktL.png

The game seems to think he's my favorite sword unit. I won't complain, he's pretty bland, but he's a decent unit with potential to be something more. We've got some stinker natures here but it doesn't matter because one of them is +SPD/-RES. His literal best nature. The *5 one is +SPD/-DEF which is a bit worse. Now... I actually have some options here...

1: *4 Merge

I have enough Marths for a +SPD/-RES Marth at *8 if I feed the *5 one to him and give him Falcion. Comparing the stats.

Spoiler

r84OEie.png

The *4 one is better in every aspect but RES and is subject to another increase in ATK/SPD/DEF/RES with the last two merges for an easy *4 +10 Beast. From there he shoots up to 129/0/35 on initiation. 

This method gives pretty remarkable results for virtually no feather cost thanks to the *5 one.

2. *5 +10.

The pricey option. This one requires upgrading 10 Marths (unless I pull one at *5 again or lolpullhimasafocusunit) with a final cost of 200k. That's an absurd investment for a unit I don't particularly care about as a character or... even as a unit. The end result however is this

Spoiler

EmRbKWN.png

He's a tyrant with enough attack power to make you hurt and enough defense to run Bonfire as a skill instead of Luna/Moonbow.

The drawback here is that it takes literally 100k feathers to make this Marth equal to the +10 *4 Marth (Who's virtually free) and then at least another 60k to make him superior enough for it to actually matter (80k for a glaring difference).

Which is the more reasonable approach? I don't particularly care for Marth as a character and this sort of investment would mean not spending feathers for literal months, the end result would be amazing however. Build a respectably powerful +8 to +10 *4 unit for 0 cost or put in 2-3 months worth of feathers to make him God-tier?

3. Wait.

I could be stupid enough to pull on a Marth banner. Another *5 could pop up since he loves to show up. Pulling 2 *5's cuts the cost down to 160k for the +10 and it only goes down from there. Drawback is having 10+ Marths in my barracks but you never know what's going to happen.

Edited by Zeo

@XRay

A. In all fairness I only today entered tier 20 and fully expect to drop to Tier 19 anyways, so I suppose I'm not that desperate for Tier placement... I'll work on Cecilia then.

B. Might finally be time to get Deflect Missile/Magic...

C. @mampfoid My only real issue is that I STILL don't have any Cav buffs besides Goad Cavalry on my Rein, and because I've been sniping for Reds the last week and a half (with no luck, thanks for asking asdfgh-), I don't expect to be getting any for a while. But noted.

Thanks for the answers both.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Which is the more reasonable approach? I don't particularly care for Marth as a character and this sort of investment would mean not spending feathers for literal months, the end result would be amazing however. Build a respectably powerful +8 to +10 *4 unit for 0 cost or put in 2-3 months worth of feathers to make him God-tier?

Depends on how long you plan on playing.  If you don't think you'll quit any time within the next six months, I'd go full ham on Mar-Mar.  It's a great feeling to sit on a character that's an absolute beast.

35 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Depends on how long you plan on playing.  If you don't think you'll quit any time within the next six months, I'd go full ham on Mar-Mar.  It's a great feeling to sit on a character that's an absolute beast.

I wish I liked him more as a character, but outside of using him in Smash I have no attachment and he quite literally holds up any feather use for months unless I want to wait even longer to optimize him. If he were Lyn, it wouldn't even be a question.

@Ice Dragon

So, I bought some orbs to keep trying for Katarina, and... well, I think the game really wants me to build a dragon emblem team. Or at the very least Young Tiki.

• I believe you said that +Atk/-HP or +Spd/-HP were the ideal boons/bane for Young Tiki, right? Well, I have one of each of those now. Which one would be better? And if +Spd is better, would she want any different skills from her +Atk self, or still the Lightning Breath/TA/QR?
  • I also got another 5-star Fae, during one of the sessions without any reds. Would it be better to keep my current +Atk/-Res Fae, or should I merge her into this new neutral Fae? I'm not sure if the 3 extra Atk is better than the 4 extra Res that the neutral would have.

I was planning to start working on Tiki after finishing my silly +Spd Lilina project, but I think the game is trying to tell me something with these Tikis, haha.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 hour ago, Kevinleon96 said:

Which units I have form a solid team? Thank you!

Three main colors +1 (can be a repeat color or colorless).  Get a mix of magic and physical.

That's really all there is to it.

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I believe you said that +Atk/-HP or +Spd/-HP were the ideal boons/bane for Young Tiki, right? Well, I have one of each of those now. Which one would be better? And if +Spd is better, would she want any different skills from her +Atk self, or still the Lightning Breath/TA/QR?

Both of them prefer the same skill set of Lightning Breath+, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte. Flametongue+ with Distant Counter is also an option if you have a spare Hector and need better coverage at the cost of bulk against green and being able to counter Julia and Diadora.

+Atk is generally speaking the better of the two to get the biggest benefit out of Triangle Adept, but +Spd gives you some player-phase options that you wouldn't have with neutral Spd (like double-attacking those weird +Spd armors you see at the top of the Arena). I'm actually somewhat regretting feeding off my own [+Atk, -HP] Tiki for merging even if I still to this day don't actually know which one I should have kept as the merge base.

I would advise you to keep both and try them out, but Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte 3 aren't exactly cheap, which is a problem.

36 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I also got another 5-star Fae, during one of the sessions without any reds. Would it be better to keep my current +Atk/-Res Fae, or should I merge her into this new neutral Fae? I'm not sure if the 3 extra Atk is better than the 4 extra Res that the neutral would have.

I think the +Atk outweighs the -Res. My -Res Titania (running Emerald Axe+ and Distant Counter, so effectively the same build as Fae) with the same Res as -Res Fae did fine even without Fortify Cavalry up.

That said, it is a bit unfortunate that you no longer have a guaranteed Atk Ploy on Reinhardt (but you can still hit him with Panic Ploy).

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Both of them prefer the same skill set of Lightning Breath+, Triangle Adept, and Quick Riposte. Flametongue+ with Distant Counter is also an option if you have a spare Hector and need better coverage at the cost of bulk against green and being able to counter Julia and Diadora.

+Atk is generally speaking the better of the two to get the biggest benefit out of Triangle Adept, but +Spd gives you some player-phase options that you wouldn't have with neutral Spd (like double-attacking those weird +Spd armors you see at the top of the Arena). I'm actually somewhat regretting feeding off my own [+Atk, -HP] Tiki for merging even if I still to this day don't actually know which one I should have kept as the merge base.

I would advise you to keep both and try them out, but Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte 3 aren't exactly cheap, which is a problem.

I think the +Atk outweighs the -Res. My -Res Titania (running Emerald Axe+ and Distant Counter, so effectively the same build as Fae) with the same Res as -Res Fae did fine even without Fortify Cavalry up.

That said, it is a bit unfortunate that you no longer have a guaranteed Atk Ploy on Reinhardt (but you can still hit him with Panic Ploy).

Alright cool, so I won't have to worry about spending feathers on skills that won't be needed. No Hector at all for me, and there are quite a few other units that I would want to give DC to first, so I'll stick with the TA3 build.

Hm, interesting. I think I might stick with +Atk, then; she'll still be able to double on enemy phase with QR, and enemy phase is when she'll probably see most of her combat thanks to her DC weapon, so the slight drop in Spd hopefully won't hurt her much. I would definitely love to try out both, since this looks more like a matter of personal preference than outright better performance, but like you said, the necessary skills are quite expensive. 

That's comforting to know. If I ever get a +Atk/-Def Fae, even at 4-star, then she'll definitely be used instead, so the Res drop will hopefully only be temporary anyway. Thank you for the help again! I guess I might be back to ask something else if I get a Ninian or something in the next few days, haha.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay

[...]

C. @mampfoid My only real issue is that I STILL don't have any Cav buffs besides Goad Cavalry on my Rein, and because I've been sniping for Reds the last week and a half (with no luck, thanks for asking asdfgh-), I don't expect to be getting any for a while. But noted.

Thanks for the answers both.

Did you send home your two free Gunters from the Hero Battles in special maps? 

How do I change the language of the FEH App to English? I'd prefer to not mess with my Android System Settings, can't it be changed inside the APP? 

I want to take a ton of screenshots for the project topic, but I don't want to translate each skill afterwards. 

@Xenomata Gunter should come back one day, since he is a 3*/4* unit. In fact, he is one of my most pulled units (top 10). 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How do I change the language of the FEH App to English? I'd prefer to not mess with my Android System Settings, can't it be changed inside the APP? 

Misc. → FAQ/Etc. → Change Language

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Misc. → FAQ/Etc. → Change Language

Thanks, I don't read FAQs, therefore I never checked this section (perhaps there is an FAQ "how to change the language?"). lol 

/edit: There is. So the correct answer would have been "RTFM" ^^

Edited by mampfoid

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

So this is a thing.

YXnAktL.png

The game seems to think he's my favorite sword unit. I won't complain, he's pretty bland, but he's a decent unit with potential to be something more. We've got some stinker natures here but it doesn't matter because one of them is +SPD/-RES. His literal best nature. The *5 one is +SPD/-DEF which is a bit worse. Now... I actually have some options here...

1: *4 Merge

I have enough Marths for a +SPD/-RES Marth at *8 if I feed the *5 one to him and give him Falcion. Comparing the stats.

Reveal hidden contents

r84OEie.png

The *4 one is better in every aspect but RES and is subject to another increase in ATK/SPD/DEF/RES with the last two merges for an easy *4 +10 Beast. From there he shoots up to 129/0/35 on initiation. 

This method gives pretty remarkable results for virtually no feather cost thanks to the *5 one.

2. *5 +10.

The pricey option. This one requires upgrading 10 Marths (unless I pull one at *5 again or lolpullhimasafocusunit) with a final cost of 200k. That's an absurd investment for a unit I don't particularly care about as a character or... even as a unit. The end result however is this

Reveal hidden contents

EmRbKWN.png

He's a tyrant with enough attack power to make you hurt and enough defense to run Bonfire as a skill instead of Luna/Moonbow.

The drawback here is that it takes literally 100k feathers to make this Marth equal to the +10 *4 Marth (Who's virtually free) and then at least another 60k to make him superior enough for it to actually matter (80k for a glaring difference).

3. Wait.

I could be stupid enough to pull on a Marth banner. Another *5 could pop up since he loves to show up. Pulling 2 *5's cuts the cost down to 160k for the +10 and it only goes down from there. Drawback is having 10+ Marths in my barracks but you never know what's going to happen.

Personally, I prefer to use him as Spur Speed fodder for my staff healers and Dancers/Singers to help them train units in the Training Tower.

If you do not like to sacrifice him, I would kind of go with option 2, but I would only do it to 5*+1. Promoting the [+Spd, -Res] is not a bad idea, but I am not sure if it is necessary to go all he way to +10 since he probably would not see much use outside of Arena Assault and possibly Tempest Trials.

9 hours ago, Kevinleon96 said:

Which units I have form a solid team?

If it is for a defense team, I would go Leo, Luke, Sigurd, and leave the fourth slot blank for a bonus unit. Red is not the best color to go monochrome and only one out of the three is ranged, but all three are cavalry units.

For an Arena offense team, you want a physical nuke, magic nuke, and maybe a dancer, so I would go with Takumi, Leo/Julia, and Azura. Leo and Julia are super slow, so if you have any better mages at 4*, I would use them instead.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

Personally, I prefer to use him as Spur Speed fodder for my staff healers and Dancers/Singers to help them train units in the Training Tower.

If you do not like to sacrifice him, I would kind of go with option 2, but I would only do it to 5*+1. Promoting the [+Spd, -Res] is not a bad idea, but I am not sure if it is necessary to go all he way to +10 since he probably would not see much use outside of Arena Assault and possibly Tempest Trials.

You think that's a better economical choice? That *5 +1 is still inferior to the *4 +10 and it's costing 20k feathers for a weaker unit. If I'm committing to one of the routes, all Marths will be swallowed one way or the other, *5 +10 seems like a big investment for a unit I don't care that much about. It's just that looking at those stats is enticing, but if we're not going that route, the *4 +10 gives me a *5 +5 for no cost + Falchion.

I don't have Fury fodder anyways, so it's not like I don't have time to think as well.

Edited by Zeo

Would Fortress DEF be good on Arden? Because I have a Seth I don't particularly need, and Arden seems like he'd appreciate being almost impenetrable to physical attackers (and the extra damage on Bonfire/Ignis, when I decide which of those he's getting), and the ATK +3 Sacred Seal could easily fix the ATK drop if it's a problem, so it seems like a good idea, but I dunno.
And if Arden isn't a good choice for Fortress DEF, then is there anyone who would like it? I'm not about to train up Seth (at least, not this Seth), and I wanna free up space for future summons, but I dunno who would really benefit from Fortress DEF.

Also, I have a Hinoka (+DEF/-HP) I'd like to use (with the Guidance Sacred Seal, for a team with Vampire Henry/Arden/Ninian), but I dunno how exactly I should build her. Does anyone have any advice on this one?

Alsoalso, if I want to run the aforementioned Vampire Henry/Arden/Hinoka/Ninian team, should Vampire Henry and Arden support each other, or should they support with Hinoka and Ninian instead? Having Vampire Henry and Arden support each other seems logical, since they're gonna have to be near each other to take advantage of Armor March, so they should be able to take advantage of the boost more often than not, but one of them might benefit more frequently from support bonuses with Hinoka if they move more via Guidance-warping... though in that case whoever's left over would have to Support with Ninian, and I don't think the leftover armor would benefit from support bonuses as often in that case, so I'm not sure what to go with here.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

57 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, I have a Hinoka (+DEF/-HP) I'd like to use (with the Guidance Sacred Seal, for a team with Vampire Henry/Arden/Ninian), but I dunno how exactly I should build her. Does anyone have any advice on this one?

Hinoka's standard set is

Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Reposition, Luna/Draconic Aura/Galeforce, Life and Death 3, [flexible], [flexible])

Hinoka has just a bit more Def than Cordelia, allowing her to more easily go without Escutcheon when running Life and Death.

If you're using Guidance in the S slot, you can consider running Hit and Run, especially on an Arena defense team since the backwards movement both opens up a space for a melee unit to teleport to and makes it more likely for her to end up close enough to other allies to teleport to her. Alternatively, you can run Desperation or a Weaponbreaker.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

You think that's a better economical choice? That *5 +1 is still inferior to the *4 +10 and it's costing 20k feathers for a weaker unit. If I'm committing to one of the routes, all Marths will be swallowed one way or the other, *5 +10 seems like a big investment for a unit I don't care that much about. It's just that looking at those stats is enticing, but if we're not going that route, the *4 +10 gives me a *5 +5 for no cost + Falchion.

I don't have Fury fodder anyways, so it's not like I don't have time to think as well.

With a 5*+1, you can merge future pity breakers into that one. It is kind of awkward sending a 5* pity breaker home or use it for skill fodder when its 4* version can supply the same skill, and passing a unit's 5* Weapon to its 4*+10 copy seems kind of inefficient; that is just my opinion though. I also recommend keeping 1 or 2 4* copies in case you ever need Spur Spd. If you really want to conserve Feathers, then I guess 4*+10 is fine, although I do not think Feather is as rare as it used to be.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Would Fortress DEF be good on Arden? Because I have a Seth I don't particularly need, and Arden seems like he'd appreciate being almost impenetrable to physical attackers (and the extra damage on Bonfire/Ignis, when I decide which of those he's getting), and the ATK +3 Sacred Seal could easily fix the ATK drop if it's a problem, so it seems like a good idea, but I dunno.
And if Arden isn't a good choice for Fortress DEF, then is there anyone who would like it? I'm not about to train up Seth (at least, not this Seth), and I wanna free up space for future summons, but I dunno who would really benefit from Fortress DEF.

Alsoalso, if I want to run the aforementioned Vampire Henry/Arden/Hinoka/Ninian team, should Vampire Henry and Arden support each other, or should they support with Hinoka and Ninian instead? Having Vampire Henry and Arden support each other seems logical, since they're gonna have to be near each other to take advantage of Armor March, so they should be able to take advantage of the boost more often than not, but one of them might benefit more frequently from support bonuses with Hinoka if they move more via Guidance-warping... though in that case whoever's left over would have to Support with Ninian, and I don't think the leftover armor would benefit from support bonuses as often in that case, so I'm not sure what to go with here.

I recommend expanding your barracks if you have not reached 1,000 spaces yet. Arden needs to keep his Attack intact, so I would not give him Fortress Def. I would give Fortress Def to your most used staff user or Dancer/Singer.

TOD!Henry should be support by Arden. TOD!Henry should be running a Blade build since he is your only ranged nuke on the team. Your team should revolve around supporting TOD!Henry nuking things. Hinoka and Ninian should be close by to provide additional support if necessary.

46 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Just curious, but would DB2 work over DB3? I'm asking for three units I have who want DB but I don't have the fodder for DB3. Specifically, a +hp/-res Hinoka, a +atk/-spd Cherche, and a +atk/-spd Rienhardt. 

I think it is fine. However, if you do not summon colorless Orbs often, I think it is worth it to spend 20,000 Hero Feathers on Death Blow 3 for Reinhardt. Reinhardt is really good, and his performance justifies the expense in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Just curious, but would DB2 work over DB3? I'm asking for three units I have who want DB but I don't have the fodder for DB3. Specifically, a +hp/-res Hinoka, a +atk/-spd Cherche, and a +atk/-spd Rienhardt. 

For +ATK Reinhardt, yeah DB2'll work most of the time (DB3 is optimal, but I don't think you need it most of the time... though this is coming from someone who runs either Goad or Hone Cavalry with his Reinhardt, so your experience may differ), Hinoka could probably get away with DB2 (mine does, at the moment)... and I can't speak about Cherche, as I don't use her.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hinoka's standard set is

Hinoka [+Atk, -Res] (Brave Lance+, Reposition, Luna/Draconic Aura/Galeforce, Life and Death 3, [flexible], [flexible])

Hinoka has just a bit more Def than Cordelia, allowing her to more easily go without Escutcheon when running Life and Death.

If you're using Guidance in the S slot, you can consider running Hit and Run, especially on an Arena defense team since the backwards movement both opens up a space for a melee unit to teleport to and makes it more likely for her to end up close enough to other allies to teleport to her. Alternatively, you can run Desperation or a Weaponbreaker.

Thanks for the response!
I can't give Hinoka Hit & Run at the moment (no Clair), and Desperation on 32 SPD doesn't seem especially amazing, so I'll check which Breaker would benefit my team most. And fortunately I just summoned a spare 4-Star Hana that I can use for Life & Death 3 (after dropping feathers on her), so I can hand Life and Death to Hinoka and (after she gets enough SP to equip it, which might take a while, so she'll be running Death Blow 2 until then) see how that goes.
Not gonna go Galeforce, since she's primarily here as a mobility aid for Henry & Arden and thus probably won't see enough combat to get it off (plus I don't have anyone with Galeforce that I'd consider giving up), so Luna'll probably be my choice (plus I just got a 4-Star Frederick I can sacrifice for Luna, and maybe Wings of Mercy 1 because Hinoka can take a third thing off of him and if I can't find a Breaker I like then being able to warp around the map is usually a nice thing to have). Not sure what I'll do for the C Slot (leaning toward Hone SPD, if only because she's already got Hone SPD 2 and I can peel 3 off of Matthew, or Spur ATK, to give Henry/Arden a little more firepower, but maybe there's a better option?).
This has been rather helpful!

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

Arden needs to keep his Attack intact, so I would not give him Fortress Def. I would give Fortress Def to your most used staff user or Dancer/Singer.

That makes sense. Gonna not give Arden Fortress DEF, then. Probably gonna hand it to Ninian (it'd certainly help with her lower DEF), or maybe hold on to Seth for a while and see if a better option comes along.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

TOD!Henry should be support by Arden. TOD!Henry should be running a Blade build since he is your only ranged nuke on the team. Your team should revolve around supporting TOD!Henry nuking things. Hinoka and Ninian should be close by to provide additional support if necessary.

Alright, I just set up Henry & Arden together.
As for a Blade build, I don't have any spare Ninos at the moment, but I'll put Hone Armor on Arden now to give Henry a boost.
Thank you for your help!

Also, one more question: Is +ATK/-RES or +SPD/-HP better for Hana? Because I have both at 4-Star at the moment, and they both seem like pretty good boon/bane combos for her.

I've got a Mist with Assault, Spur Def/Res, Recover, and Miracle. Would she be better off with Imbue instead of Miracle? I'm going for a bit of an all-around build that mostly keeps everyone alive, but can also help finish off enemies that need to die before they can get a turn to attack.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, one more question: Is +ATK/-RES or +SPD/-HP better for Hana? Because I have both at 4-Star at the moment, and they both seem like pretty good boon/bane combos for her.

Both are good, but I would go with [+Atk, -Res]. Life and Death or Swift Sparrow will increase her Speed to the point where +Spd is not necessary.

1 hour ago, Dracologist said:

I've got a Mist with Assault, Spur Def/Res, Recover, and Miracle. Would she be better off with Imbue instead of Miracle? I'm going for a bit of an all-around build that mostly keeps everyone alive, but can also help finish off enemies that need to die before they can get a turn to attack.

You would want Imbue for quickly healing a target back to good health or Heavenly Light to heal everyone at once less frequently. I recommend Imbue since your staff healer is not running Rehabilitate. I usually run Heavenly Light since my BB!Lyn runs Rehabilitate, so any heavy damage is quickly healed back to full health, so I do not need Imbue.