"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

@NSSKG151 Brash Assault still isn’t very good even as a sacred seal. If you do want to use it, you can look for slow, bulky units with brave weapons. With Desperation, you can land all four hits before the enemy’s counterattack.

Brash is unique for being able to deal with Distant Counter enemies, but having to initiate on an enemy that can also hit you back already presents a great deal of risk.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@NSSKG151 Brash Assault still isn’t very good even as a sacred seal. If you do want to use it, you can look for slow, bulky units with brave weapons. With Desperation, you can land all four hits before the enemy’s counterattack.

I think I’m going to try Brash on Fury Desperation Anna.

Thanks for the info @MrSmokestack. Yeah, I always thought Brash Assault was inferior to other skills like Desperation and Quick Riposte but at least with the seal it doesn't waste a b-skill slot.

@Vaximillian I was actually thinking the same thing earlier. I was thinking of Anna with Brave Axe, Fury, Desperation, Def Ploy, and Brash Assault Seal. It's something I plan to experiment with in the future.

36 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Does anyone know what type of unit benefits the most from Brash Assault? I have the seal and I'm thinking of upgrading it but I'm not sure who it should go to.

Lyn and Valter.

Lyn is the only unit in the game currently able to run Desperation 2, Brash Assault 3, and Wrath 3 simultaneously.

Valter has the combination of Cursed Lance and Fury 3 dealing 10 damage to him after every round of combat, allowing him to quickly and safely enter range of activating Desperation 3 and Brash Assault 3.

Other than that, anyone with a Brave weapon and Desperation.

I've actually gotten good results from Brash Assault 3 on Bridelia with Summoner Support. If I leave her in range of someone with less than 39 speed, they usually leave her with less than 21 hp, and then everything just dies because for some reason everyone can counterattack at range.

2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Does anyone know what type of unit benefits the most from Brash Assault? I have the seal and I'm thinking of upgrading it but I'm not sure who it should go to.

What @Ice Dragon wrote, plus: On any other desperation unit that risks not doubling an opponent in a certain low health situation (very situational, but that's what seals are good for). 

It helped Valter and Eldigan a lot in the last TT to double things. I will do the same thing to Alfonse when he becomes a bonus unit for Mini TT 2 or 3. 

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn and Valter.

Lyn is the only unit in the game currently able to run Desperation 2, Brash Assault 3, and Wrath 3 simultaneously.

Valter has the combination of Cursed Lance and Fury 3 dealing 10 damage to him after every round of combat, allowing him to quickly and safely enter range of activating Desperation 3 and Brash Assault 3.

Other than that, anyone with a Brave weapon and Desperation.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

What @Ice Dragon wrote, plus: On any other desperation unit that risks not doubling an opponent in a certain low health situation (very situational, but that's what seals are good for). 

Brash Assault seems to be tricky to use in general. I never pulled a regular Lyn and most of my Valters were sacrificed as Luna/Darting Blow fodder. Maybe I will just upgrade a different seal instead. Thanks for all the advice though everyone.

I have a spare Desperation.

I have a few units who might be interested: Elincia, Springcina, Hana, Summer Elise all make some sense (All of these units have neutral speed). But who should I pick and is there a better alternative to suggest?

Also, is there a resource to calculate arena score? Curious to see what thresholds I can reach.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know/can anyone confirm whether the Hardy Bearing Seal affects weapon effects as well? I don't have any thoughts in mind for using the Seal, I was just curious if it worked against those or not.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anyone know/can anyone confirm whether the Hardy Bearing Seal affects weapon effects as well? I don't have any thoughts in mind for using the Seal, I was just curious if it worked against those or not.

It works against Vantage and Desperation, it should with work also against Brunos and Lyns Weapons. 

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

I have a few units who might be interested: Elincia, Springcina, Hana, Summer Elise all make some sense (All of these units have neutral speed). But who should I pick and is there a better alternative to suggest?

Also, is there a resource to calculate arena score? Curious to see what thresholds I can reach.

I would pick the ranged unit you use the most who can reach at least 35 Spd.

Here is the Reddit post with the most comprehensive information that I could find on Arena score, and here is the calculator from Reddit too.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

It works against Vantage and Desperation, it should with work also against Brunos and Lyns Weapons. 

That's what I assumed, but I'm always a little unsure of whether weapons are always included when a description simply mentions "skills". I would've checked it myself, but I'd rather not spend 150 coins just to test out a Seal that I won't use often, haha.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's what I assumed, but I'm always a little unsure of whether weapons are always included when a description simply mentions "skills". I would've checked it myself, but I'd rather not spend 150 coins just to test out a Seal that I won't use often, haha.

Weapons always count as skills.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Weapons always count as skills.

Alright, good to know. I guess it's just paranoia that makes me think weapons might not always be counted under skills, even though they are officially classified as skills.

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Those are all valid candidates for that skill and certainly fast enough. If you run someone of them with Fury or Life and Death, they will reach Desperation range faster.  Desperation is the perfect B skill for Anna btw. 

I also would like to have access to an arena score calculator. I'm using a simple formula to compare my units and to find the best candidates, but its not even near to calculate an exact score. 

I was wondering who should I put in my armor emblem team >.< summoning Jakob really threw  me off. 

I also got a useless Deirdre (-atk) and was wondering what skill should I sacrifice her for? Speed ploy to Arvis? And I summoned a second takumi and this one is -atk close counter to Jakob?

https://m.imgur.com/a/3qL1u

Edited by Sakuto

4 hours ago, Sakuto said:

I was wondering who should I put in my armor emblem team >.< summoning Jakob really threw  me off. 

I also got a useless Deirdre (-atk) and was wondering what skill should I sacrifice her for? Speed ploy to Arvis? And I summoned a second takumi and this one is -atk close counter to Jakob?

What other armor units do you have? That would make it easier to recommend specific characters.

Even with -Atk, a unit can still be perfectly usable, especially depending on her boon is. 3 less damage isn't going to drastically change a unit's performance, in my opinion. However, if you do want to sacrifice her anyway, either her B or C skill could be great. Speed Ploy sounds pretty good on Arvis, to go with his tome effect. Quick Riposte 3 is still only available from 5-star units as well though, so if there's anyone that you think could use that (armor units especially can normally benefit from it, or tankier units like Tiki or Lukas), that might not be a bad option too. Jakob sounds like a great choice to give Close Counter to.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

What other armor units do you have? That would make it easier to recommend specific characters.

Even with -Atk, a unit can still be perfectly usable, especially depending on her boon is. 3 less damage isn't going to drastically change a unit's performance, in my opinion. However, if you do want to sacrifice her anyway, either her B or C skill could be great. Speed Ploy sounds pretty good on Arvis, to go with his tome effect. Quick Riposte 3 is still only available from 5-star units as well though, so if there's anyone that you think could use that (armor units especially can normally benefit from it, or tankier units like Tiki or Lukas), that might not be a bad option too. Jakob sounds like a great choice to give Close Counter to.

Sorry, I forgot to post the link xD

https://imgur.com/a/3qL1u

But I already have a Julia so Deirdre wouldn't be too useful.

Just now, Sakuto said:

Sorry, I forgot to post the link xD

https://imgur.com/a/3qL1u

But I already have a Julia so Deirdre wouldn't be too useful.

I would recommend something like Jakob, Black Knight, Hector, and Amelia. A bit green heavy, but that would give you two units with Distant Counter/a Distant Counter weapon, plus Armor March to help your units actually move anywhere. If you don't care about Amelia and want a little bit more variety, you could sacrifice her to give someone else Armor March, and then add your best Effie in her place. Arden is a good alternative to Black Knight if you would rather have a better player phase and more pure defense, but Black Knight has a Distant Counter weapon and more Spd for better enemy phase countering, so that choice is more up to your own playstyle.

That's fair. I have Julia too, so Deirdre is admittedly not too interesting to me either.