"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Not yet, but soon. He'll really shine in this Grand Conquest that's coming up in a little less than a week.

I think I am going to switch to my Nowi for the GC. She is definitely my MVP in that mode. 

If you want a great mixed tank who can counter at range, I highly recommend building a Nowi. I guess Fae would work just as well too. Maybe better because of her color, but she is invaluable as Renewal 3 fodder so I haven't gotten around to building her myself.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I plan to promote & upgrade Fir all the way through, which IV's is better for her, ATK or SPD?

Depends. If you're planning on making the gets hit and counters with a special build then +atk. If you want a unit that you can use in the player phase then +spd

39 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I plan to promote & upgrade Fir all the way through, which IV's is better for her, ATK or SPD?

For Player Phase, it depends on how you build her.

Fir -Res
Nameless Blade [Spd], Moonbow
Life and Death, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase [+Atk] 97:24:123
Player Phase [+Spd] 89:25:130

Fir -Res
Nameless Blade [Spd], Moonbow
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase [+Spd] 76:14:154
Player Phase [+Atk] 68:14:162

For Enemy Phase, if you need to counter Celica and offensive mages, I would go for +Atk and special Refinement to aim for one hit knock out on the counter.

So I pulled a F!Kana (+Atk, -HP) now I want to discuss her build.

I do have an extra WB lying around and that would be my preferred focus for her. If she would have been +Spd she could run a WB build with 33 Def, 30 Res and 40! Spd.
Since she is +Atk I'm more leaning towards stacking her defensive stats. With a +Res refine she has 33 Def & 34 Res with a Seal to improve it while retaining 34 Spd.

More importantly this dictates what her B-Passive is. I also have Wrath to inherit away which could result into WB + Wrath on her. However I'm not sure if that is a good idea on neutral Spd and Quick Riposte might be necessary to ensure her kills and compared to say BK she doesn't have the punching power in a Special or her stats to nuke everything away.

Edited by The Priest

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

So I pulled a F!Kana (+Atk, -HP) now I want to discuss her build.

I do have an extra WB lying around and that would be my preferred focus for her. If she would have been +Spd she could run a WB build with 33 Def, 30 Res and 40! Spd.
Since she is +Atk I'm more leaning towards stacking her defensive stats. With a +Res refine she has 33 Def & 34 Res with a Seal to improve it while retaining 34 Spd.

More importantly this dictates what her B-Passive is. I also have Wrath to inherit away which could result into WB + Wrath on her. However I'm not sure if that is a good idea on neutral Spd and Quick Riposte might be necessary to ensure her kills and compared to say BK she doesn't have the punching power in a Special or her stats to nuke everything away.

In my opinion, Enemy Phase units should always have Quick Riposte on either their B slot or Sacred Seal slot to help them kill things regardless of what their Spd is. 40 Spd is no where near enough to double fast units. If you want an Enemy Phase unit to rely on their Spd to double, that unit will need around 55 Spd or more if you take merges into account, which is not practical for most units and team compositions to achieve.

Since you gave her Warding Breath and Res Refinement, I am assuming you are giving her Lightning Breath as well to counter mages. I would actually recommend Spd Refinement unless you have a specific enemy in mind that you need her to counter where she needs the +Res.

F!Kana +Atk -HP
Lightning Breath [Spd], Bonfire
Warding Breath, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Enemy Phase 151:34:59
Enemy Phase [[Res]] 137:62:45

If you have Distant Counter, you can alternatively keep Water Breath and achieve similar performance, getting less losses at the price of less wins.

F!Kana +Atk -HP
Water Breath [Spd], Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Speed +3
Enemy Phase 147:27:70
Enemy Phase [[Res]] 135:52:57

You can also run Wrath-Quick Riposte for points, but that combo has worse performance than Quick Riposte-Speed +3.

F!Kana +Atk -HP
Lightning Breath [Spd], Bonfire
Warding Breath, Wrath
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 143:67:34
Enemy Phase [[Res], Iceberg] 132:85:27

F!Kana +Atk -HP
Water Breath [Spd], Moonbow
Distant Counter, Wrath
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 144:57:43
Enemy Phase [[Res]] 136:71:37

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be an option to turn off enemy phase BGM in the last update? Where is it, or is it going to be in a future update?

Not yet released.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

40 Spd is no where near enough to double fast units.

I highlighted 40 Spd to say that Kana won't get doubled while retaining strong mixed bulk and having free reign in her Seal choice. Her EP is of course still dependent on other skills.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Since you gave her Warding Breath and Res Refinement, I am assuming you are giving her Lightning Breath as well to counter mages. I would actually recommend Spd Refinement unless you have a specific enemy in mind that you need her to counter where she needs the +Res.

Right now she only has WB and I plan to give her Lightning Breath, yes. She is more meant as general tank against all type of attacks (minus Red of course).
It slipped my mind that we have Spd seals. I could build her with that in mind though that will eliminate the choice of Close/Distant Def.

So I got pity broken by a Mist (which is fine since it's my first one and she didn't block me from getting someone I really wanted, plus I like her art) and I'm not super sure what to do with her. She's +hp/-res which of course isn't great but she doesn't really have anything one of my other healers really wants (Genny might like recover but I've enjoyed the utility of Physic, Priscilla's happy with everything she has, and I'd rather give Fear to the Lissa I'm slowly building). Any recommendations?

27 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

So I got pity broken by a Mist (which is fine since it's my first one and she didn't block me from getting someone I really wanted, plus I like her art) and I'm not super sure what to do with her. She's +hp/-res which of course isn't great but she doesn't really have anything one of my other healers really wants (Genny might like recover but I've enjoyed the utility of Physic, Priscilla's happy with everything she has, and I'd rather give Fear to the Lissa I'm slowly building). Any recommendations?

You seem to already have other built up healers... I think your best bet is to just fodder her for Recover+ even if no one really needs it

Looking at her skills the only other things she has that are worthwhile are slow and Spur Def/Res 2. So my only other question is, do you think you'd want anyone to have Slow+? Or maybe use Spur Def/Res as an expensive C slot in the arena?

42 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I recommend grinding her for some Merit first. I think foddering her off immediately as @Arcanite suggested feels a bit too extreme. There is nothing wrong with keeping her around and use her as part of a Training Tower team for a while.

I just noticed my first sentence sounds a little wrong.

Edited by XRay

47 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

If you want to use her, you can give her Resistance +3 or Fortress Res 3 in her A slot and use her as a Ploy bot. The -Res nature is unfortunate, but 34 or 36 Res is quite usable for Ploys.

In terms of Skill Inheritance, you can pass off her Slow+ and Recover+ and Miracle in one go (obviously requires someone else to provide Slow and Recover, but those are available at 4-star rarity). Spur Def/Res is an okay skill, but it's now available from male Morgan without a 5-star promotion, and I personally prefer Drive skills due to their more versatile positioning.

13 hours ago, Hawk King said:

I think I am going to switch to my Nowi for the GC. She is definitely my MVP in that mode. 

If you want a great mixed tank who can counter at range, I highly recommend building a Nowi. I guess Fae would work just as well too. Maybe better because of her color, but she is invaluable as Renewal 3 fodder so I haven't gotten around to building her myself.

I detest Nowi. It would be an extremely bitter pill to swallow +10'ing her which is something I'm not sure I'll ever do. I know how good she is though. I wish I could raise M!Kana instead. Fae on the other hand I like quite a bit and am completely open to +10'ing her. In fact, she is among my top 3 greens to *5 +10 (along with Nino who is +8 and Raven whom I've only pulled one of ever, albeit at an optimal nature).

I don't use Renewal 3 that often for fodder and she's about as common as Nowi is for me. I'm pretty sure I've got 5-7 of her in my Barracks. When it's not for TT, Renewal is an arena score points skill anyways and I don't have to worry about that just yet.

Lukas will detonate Rival Domains so I'll try him out tomorrow.

Ok another question, I have this now.

deWeNzA.png

She's glorious. But I also have this.

vKOWyg7.png

And I'm not sure how to build her. I had a +DEF/-HP Celica that I plan to fodder for DD3 to my new Guard Bow +DEF/-SPD Faye. This one is +ATK/-HP and I've been sitting on her for the longest. I caved yesterday and gave her Life and Death 3 as I think that's the best A skill for her but where do I go from here? If I give her Swordbreaker I feel like she's just another Lilina with a bit more capacity to double? So what? Renewal? Vantage? Standard Desperation? Desperation doesn't factor into the Ragnarok buff and it's not that great at 38 Speed, Fury/Desperation was an option but then that means I wasted my Sothe.

Suggestions?

@Zeo I have personally had a good experience with Renewal as her B Passive. It works best when she doesn’t have to eat a counterattack though, which is getting harder nowadays (though mine is +Spd, and carries the only field buff on the team I run her on, so that’s probably part of it).

You could always go with something situational for AA purposes if you need that (Axebreaker to get through Wary Fighter, for instance).

Edited by LordFrigid

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

She's glorious.

Do not forget to put Attack +3 Sacred Seal on her!

43 minutes ago, Zeo said:

This one is +ATK/-HP and I've been sitting on her for the longest. I caved yesterday and gave her Life and Death 3 as I think that's the best A skill for her but where do I go from here?

Luna-Heavy Blade is a great way to crack certain mage tank set ups. Moonbow-Speed +3 is another way. For her B slot, I gave mine Renewal, although Desperation is not bad either if you can give Celica buffs after Ragnarok expires.

I ran some tests against LOTW!Lyn and it does not look too good for Celica. Despite LOTW!Lyn being green, it is impossible for Celica to crack LOTW!Lyn's Resistance if LOTW!Lyn are near her allies. In fact, I think LOTW!Lyn is probably the only green unit in the game that hard counters offensive red mages since her Spd and magical bulk is so high. Luckily, WE!Tharja can still overpower LOTW!Lyn with Bold Fighter.

So, if you see LOTW!Lyn with the following set, do NOT use Celica against her if LOTW!Lyn is near her allies!

LOTW!Lyn neutral
Swift Mulagir, Moonbow
Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged
Quick Riposte

Edited by XRay

On 24.4.2018 at 2:31 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Miracle isn't for player-controlled staff users. It's for AI-controlled staff users.

In player hands, it's generally better for a staff to run Heavenly Light or a Balm. The one exception is for challenge maps against fixed enemies where you can engineer Miracle to activate at the right time to get something specific done.

Ah, okay, thank you. I'll just stick to Heavenly Light then.

@Zeo I personally like Renewal on Celica, though between summoner support and a speed seal (which I know aren't always typical) she doesn't really need much help doubling at full health (she hits 47 speed at full health if she isn't near her wife and 51-52 if she is). I would recommend swordbreaker though if you really want to make sure she doubles the fast swords instead.

@Zeo before anything else, do you love your Celica? If you love her, keep her and hunt for preferred IV when she is available in any banner in the future.

Desperation is good for her in PvE content at lower merge. At higher merge it can be useful in higher tier arena, after she gain 4 additional SPD from merges. She don't need Sword Breaker anymore as she can one shot most of them(+ATK IV). Let her carry 4 cooldown AOE special(Ex. Blazing Light or Wind) along with Heavy Blade Seal. She can ORKO Effie and Hardin with AOE special intitial hit combine with normal hit. The only weakness of this set is enemy Vantage units.

I don't have her but I have a +10 from my close friend and I use her a lot in VG, Rival Domain and GC. The only thing you have worry about her is to keep her safe. Reposition and Dance to safety after she nuke someone. Bring some sort of healing if you want her to secure a kill every turn. Renewal is only good in TT and Chain Chalenge. Quite useless in arena fast pace battle.

With that said, give her both Swordbreaker and Desperation and you can switch them anytime you see fit.

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm pretty excited for Legendary Lyn and I really hope I can summon her. Based on what we know so far, what would be some good builds and optimal IVs?

If you plan to use her as a mage counter with her default build, I recommend [+Atk/Spd/Res, -Def], but neutral works just as well. The following build should be able to counter Celica and most Rauðrblade mages, assuming all units have approximately the same merge levels.

LOTW!Lyn neutral
Swift Mulagir, Moonbow
Laws of Sacae, Dull Range
Quick Riposte

— — — — — — —

If you want to user her as a nuke, you will want something like [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res].

LOTW!Lyn +Atk/Spd
Swift Mulagir, Moonbow
Swift Sparrow / Life and Death / Fury, Desperation
Speed +3

LOTW!Lyn +Atk
Brave Bow, Luna
Life and Death / Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Attack +3

LOTW!Lyn +Spd
Firesweep Bow, Moonbow / Luna
Life and Death, Poison Strike / Cancel Affinity
Poison Strik

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm pretty excited for Legendary Lyn and I really hope I can summon her. Based on what we know so far, what would be some good builds and optimal IVs?

+atk or spd for boon. -def would be the preferred bane

Her base kit is good enough. If you're however planning on making the most optimal offensive builds then brave bow or firesweep bow. Death blow (brave) or LaD (firesweep) for A-slot if you don't like "laws of sacae"

Edited by silveraura25