"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Zeo said:

My best enemy phase units are Xander and Ike and they don't need the Wo Dao+. My only player phase Sword unit is Athena (+DEF/-RES). M!Marth is a Falchion/Renewal/Rep Aid healer, my Y!Tiki is vanilla but will eventually become an enemy phase unit most likely and my +SPD/-DEF Marth is level 1 and currently lacks the fodder to be built. My only player phase sword is a +SPD/-ATK Cain and my +SPD/-RES Ogma. Only thing is that Ogma does anything Athena can do better except of course survive mages. If magic even blows in his direction he's dead, of course it's the same without LnD2/3, but 10 Res is of course better than 5.

Oh. Hm... Yeah, just give it Ogma then since everyone else seems to be okay with their weapon. Even if you give it to Ogma, I am not sure if you would want switch out his Brave Sword for Wo Dao though since he gets far more kills with Brave Sword.

You can also hold onto it for now if your barracks is not full.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh. Hm... Yeah, just give it Ogma then since everyone else seems to be okay with their weapon. Even if you give it to Ogma, I am not sure if you would want switch out his Brave Sword for Wo Dao though since he gets far more kills with Brave Sword.

You can also hold onto it for now if your barracks is not full.

Hm. Not according to the numbers. 

• Brave Sword+
  • Draconic Aura
  • Life and Death 3
  • Swordbreaker 3

131-5-28. Dragon Fang shoots up to 137-5-22 but I don't know why you'd pick a skill with such a long cooldown.

• Wo Dao+
  • Moonbow
  • Life and Death 3
  • Swordbreaker 3

134-4-26.

Generally the ceiling is just a bit higher with Brave Sword and Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang with Skill procs vs Wo Dao and Moonbow. His ceiling is 150 wins with Dragon Fang and 145 with Moonbow. Of course with the Brave Sword+ he's probably not taking any damage vs the Wo Dao+, but Desperation at 42 Speed is pretty respectable for a swap out B skill and of course Ogma has an actual enemy phase with the Wo Dao+.

Actually... now I'm conflicted... dang it. Maybe I will just hang on to it.

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Zeo said:

Hm. Not according to the numbers. 

• Brave Sword+
  • Draconic Aura
  • Life and Death 3
  • Swordbreaker 3

131-5-28. Dragon Fang shoots up to 137-5-22 but I don't know why you'd pick a skill with such a long cooldown.

• Wo Dao+
  • Moonbow
  • Life and Death 3
  • Swordbreaker 3

134-4-26.

Generally the ceiling is just a bit higher with Brave Sword and Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang with Skill procs vs Wo Dao and Moonbow. His ceiling is 150 wins with Dragon Fang and 145 with Moonbow. Of course with the Brave Sword+ he's probably not taking any damage vs the Wo Dao+, but Desperation at 42 Speed is pretty respectable for a swap out B skill and of course Ogma has an actual enemy phase with the Wo Dao+.

Actually... now I'm conflicted... dang it.

I should have checked the numbers. I keep having the mentality that Brave is better than everything else.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I should have checked the numbers. I keep having the mentality that Brave is better than everything else.

Not for Camilla :PPPPP

I'm still upset she has 38 Atk with a Brave Axe+. I need to give her Emerald Axe+ whenever I get a spare Hector to sacrifice for DC. Speaking of which, is that her best set? It seems like she'll be my best Reinheiny counter once she's set up like that

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

In a nutshell Brave gets more Player Phase kills marginally and has a higher ceiling + the bonus of being at full health virtually all the time.

Wo Dao+ gives you a respectable enemy phase and Pesudo Brave Sword offense with Desp if you forgo SB, but you have to take the hits.

They're virtually equal. I have no idea what I want to do with this character now.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Not for Camilla :PPPPP

I'm still upset she has 38 Atk with a Brave Axe+. I need to give her Emerald Axe+ whenever I get a spare Hector to sacrifice for DC. Speaking of which, is that her best set? It seems like she'll be my best Reinheiny counter once she's set up like that

Camilla's best set for the most kills I think is the Brave Axe build with Hone Fliers, but you might as well invest all that resource in Cherche, Raven, Fredericak, etc. who can do that job better.

Camilla's best set in terms of practical use is baiting and counter killing Reinhardt with Emerald Axe and Distant Counter. If you want to bully Reinhardt harder, you can give her Guard as well so Reinhardt will have a harder time activating a Special. I do not remember how Guard exactly works, but I think it either works by increasing enemy's cooldown with every hit, or it only increases enemy's cooldown after battle. If it is the former, then Reinhardt cannot activate his Special against Camilla unless it is already ready to activate on the first strike.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

In a nutshell Brave gets more Player Phase kills marginally and has a higher ceiling + the bonus of being at full health virtually all the time.

Wo Dao+ gives you a respectable enemy phase and Pesudo Brave Sword offense with Desp if you forgo SB, but you have to take the hits.

They're virtually equal. I have no idea what I want to do with this character.

I would ditch the Brave Sword. If Ogma is your favorite red character, then there is no reason not to pimp him out.

I personally pimped BB!Cordelia out, although that is more because I need to spend her SP or else it would have went to waste since I use her so much.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I would ditch the Brave Sword. If Ogma is your favorite red character, then there is no reason not to pimp him out.

I personally pimped BB!Cordelia out, although that is more because I need to spend her SP or else it would have went to waste since I use her so much.

He's definitely not my favorite character, but I do like him quite a bit and his potential is massive. I don't see anyone else that can really take the blade. I saw an Olivia in Arena with it and she was pretty beast, but it's a waste in comparison.

Favorite character is Lyn, who has still managed to evade me since launch.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not remember how Guard exactly works, but I think it either works by increasing enemy's cooldown with every hit, or it only increases enemy's cooldown after battle.

Guard decreases the enemy's special skill charge rate by 1, which is pretty clear in the Japanese description and not clear at all in the English description.

This means that if the enemy would have charged 1 point per attack, they instead charge 0 points per attack, and if they would have charged 2 points per attack (i.e. Heavy Blade), they instead charge 1 point per attack.

24 minutes ago, XRay said:

Camilla's best set in terms of practical use is baiting and counter killing Reinhardt with Emerald Axe and Distant Counter. If you want to bully Reinhardt harder, you can give her Guard as well so Reinhardt will have a harder time activating a Special. I do not remember how Guard exactly works, but I think it either works by increasing enemy's cooldown with every hit, or it only increases enemy's cooldown after battle. If it is the former, then Reinhardt cannot activate his Special against Camilla unless it is already ready to activate on the first strike

Guard, huh? I've never considered it. It seems more annoying on the enemy than on the player. I do not have Titania or Leon though :(( I will  consider it if I ever get them

After someone mentioned a possible future firesweep sword in another topic, I wanted to toy around a little bit with Alm and Windsweep. I could give my +ATK-DEF +1 Alm darting blow and phantom speed seal to reach 41 speed, but I don't know if it's worth to sacrifice my last spare Florina. 

In comparison to firesweep he would not be able to double and be couldn't use drag back or hit and run, since his B- Slot would be occupied. He would kill less, but would also suffer less from his DEF bane. 

Did anyone ever try windsweep and found it worth keeping? 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

After someone mentioned a possible future firesweep sword in another topic

I MENTIONED IT EARLER IN THIS TOPIC :dDDDDD

Also your avatar is a bit unsettling but I don't really know why...

I wish I could answer this, since I'm interested in Windsweep. I have some pretty high Speed units...

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Guard, huh? I've never considered it. It seems more annoying on the enemy than on the player. I do not have Titania or Leon though :(( I will  consider it if I ever get them

Guard on a player-controlled unit is basically there to serve as a check for Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt.

A green unit with Triangle Adept and 36 Res takes zero damage from +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) + 6/6/0/0, and Guard prevents Reinhardt's Moonbow from charging up. Titania has 30 neutral base Res, and Camilla has 31, meaning they have 36 and 37 Res, respectively, with their corresponding movement-type Fortify, meaning they can live through any number of Reinhardts indefinitely (as long as Reinhardt doesn't have Goad Cavalry support).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Guard on a player-controlled unit is basically there to serve as a check for Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt.

A green unit with Triangle Adept and 36 Res takes zero damage from +10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) + 6/6/0/0, and Guard prevents Reinhardt's Moonbow from charging up. Titania has 30 neutral base Res, and Camilla has 31, meaning they have 36 and 37 Res, respectively, with their corresponding movement-type Fortify, meaning they can live through any number of Reinhardts indefinitely (as long as Reinhardt doesn't have Goad Cavalry support).

Do you think I should give Fae Water Boost to act as a mini-Reinhardt counter until I get Camilla built up? Mine is +HP -Speed. She has 30 Res. She'll have 36 Res with Water Boost but that means she can't have TA3. I don't have Fortify Dragons

Edited by GuiltyLove

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Do you think I should give Fae Water Boost to act as a mini-Reinhardt counter until I get Camilla built up? Mine is +HP -Speed. She has 30 Res

Water Boost means you can't run Triangle Adept, and Triangle Adept is by far the most powerful defensive skill in the game against colored units.

21 minutes ago, Zeo said:

He's definitely not my favorite character, but I do like him quite a bit and his potential is massive. I don't see anyone else that can really take the blade. I saw an Olivia in Arena with it and she was pretty beast, but it's a waste in comparison.

Favorite character is Lyn, who has still managed to evade me since launch.

Yeah. I did not get her until like a month ago. My Elibe section is finally complete. I did not get the chance to use her yet, but her numbers are decent. I do not think mine has an ideal nature though, so those numbers are worse.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Guard decreases the enemy's special skill charge rate by 1, which is pretty clear in the Japanese description and not clear at all in the English description.

This means that if the enemy would have charged 1 point per attack, they instead charge 0 points per attack, and if they would have charged 2 points per attack (i.e. Heavy Blade), they instead charge 1 point per attack.

Cool, since it is the former, it means enemies will basically have their Specials paused if they do not have Heavy Blade.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You can also give her Quick Riposte, but if her only job is to counter Reinhardt in Arena Assault, then she does not really need Quick Riposte since most Reinhardts are pitifully slow, unless they use a +Spd with Blárblade or something. I cannot think of any other fun skills for her though. You can also give her Cancel Affinity, but she will not tank Reinhardt as well anymore since you need to get rid of the Emerald Axe for something else.I

1 minute ago, XRay said:

You can also give her Quick Riposte, but if her only job is to counter Reinhardt in Arena Assault, then she does not really need Quick Riposte since most Reinhardts are pitifully slow, unless they use a +Spd with Blárblade or something. I cannot think of any other fun skills for her though. You can also give her Cancel Affinity, but she will not tank Reinhardt as well anymore since you need to get rid of the Emerald Axe for something else.I

I don't expect any Reinhardt to run Blarblade, so I won't need QR2/3 in my opinion. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know what sort of thing Camilla can do other than counter Reinhardt. I do want Emerald Axe and DC on her though. Or maybe Silver Axe to make her more versatile? Which is betteR?

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I MENTIONED IT EARLER IN THIS TOPIC :dDDDDD

Also your avatar is a bit unsettling but I don't really know why...

I wish I could answer this, since I'm interested in Windsweep. I have some pretty high Speed units...

Yeah it was you, sorry. I've had some post Overkill today and mixed up some topics unintentionally. 

As of my Avatar: I wanted to make Xander a bit fatty with an easy to use online filter, but he seems more sad than fat now ... when I'll have some spare time, I'll give him a makeover. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo ('s)

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I don't expect any Reinhardt to run Blarblade, so I won't need QR2/3 in my opinion. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know what sort of thing Camilla can do other than counter Reinhardt. I do want Emerald Axe and DC on her though. Or maybe Silver Axe to make her more versatile? Which is betteR?

I have not seen one yet either, but I do plan to put Bláblade+ on my +Spd one either at the end of this month or at the end of the next limited holiday banner.

Besides Reinhardt, she can counter other blue mages, but that is pretty much it. She is mostly a Reposition and buff bot.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

As of my Avatar: I wanted to make Xander a bit fatty with an easy to use online filter, but he seems more sad than fat now ... when I'll have some spare time, I'll give him a makeover. 

I thought you were giving him an Obama face. Haha.

Spoiler

ObamaNotBad.jpg

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah. I did not get her until like a month ago. My Elibe section is finally complete. I did not get the chance to use her yet, but her numbers are decent. I do not think mine has an ideal nature though, so those numbers are worse.

What you do with her depends on her nature I think. I can't say I'd do the same thing with a +ATK Lyn that I'd do with a +SPD one.

Now.. if it's something like +DEF/-RES like a lot of my units are, I'll probably just go the Fury/Brash Assault standard build. I've had a *4 Bartre on standby since my first week of playing the game patiently waiting for her.

I'm thinking of building Frederick for one of my Arena Assault teams, since Horse Emblem is always nice.  I've got two contenders and am not sure which nature would be better. @Ice Dragon @Legion! @Astolfo! @XRay

I've got a +Atk,-Def Frederick.  +Atk is nice, but -Def hurts a bit, since tanking physicals is one of his niches.  He's most likely be a Brave Axer.

The second is -HP,+Spd.  +Spd actually bring him into respectable territory with Hone Cavalry, although this would not be ideal if I were to go the Brave Axe route for him.  I could theoretically give him an Emerald Axe, and make him like another Titania.

The bad thing in raising Frederick is that it would be a 40K feather investment, since the Hammer is the worst possible Axe right now.

Having Frederick would give me a third viable Horse Team, though, since currently I have.

Titania, Ursula, Xander, Elise

Leo, Cecilia, Camus, Eldigan

I've also got Reinahrdt, Olwen, Abel, Cain, Clive, Mathilda, Roderick, and Seth.  to mash together a third team with, but no Green to round it off.  Half of them are -Atk, but Hone Cavalry helps that a bit.  I'd probably move Leo or Eldigan to the C team, since my other Reds are -Atk, or I could promote my 4* Eliwood, too.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got a +Atk,-Def Frederick.  +Atk is nice, but -Def hurts a bit, since tanking physicals is one of his niches.  He's most likely be a Brave Axer

This one

You don't need another Titania, as much as Titania emblem sounds tooootally awesome. Do you even have like, a 5 star viable brave axe user?

15 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

This one

You don't need another Titania, as much as Titania emblem sounds tooootally awesome. Do you even have like, a 5 star viable brave axe user?

I'll probably do this one, just not sure if I should wait around for a +Atk/-HPor-Res.

You can never have enough Titania.

The terrible thing about getting so many -Atk 5*s is that -Atk doesn't do very well with Brave Weapons.  My -Atk Camilla is my only Brave Axer right now.

52 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got a +Atk,-Def Frederick.  +Atk is nice, but -Def hurts a bit, since tanking physicals is one of his niches.  He's most likely be a Brave Axer.

The second is -HP,+Spd.  +Spd actually bring him into respectable territory with Hone Cavalry, although this would not be ideal if I were to go the Brave Axe route for him.  I could theoretically give him an Emerald Axe, and make him like another Titania.

The bad thing in raising Frederick is that it would be a 40K feather investment, since the Hammer is the worst possible Axe right now.

Use [+Atk, -Def]. The -Def doesn't matter because, with a Brave Axe+, the opponent should be dead before they get a chance to counterattack.