"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

What buffs can Spring Camilla's tome get through the Weapon Refinery? I don't have her, but I want to plan out some various ideas ahead of time if I can.

She gets a 4 HP heal after every combat regardless of phase and gets the same bonuses as every tome I guess. +2 HP and any of +1/2 Might (it goes up to 13MT)/+2 Spd/+3 Def/+3 Res.

To be honest Bunilla prefers either Gronnblade+ for nuking in a Flier Emblem team or TA+Gronnraven+ to tank blues/archers regardless of team.

EDIT: I just looked, any ranged weapon only gets +1MT when refined.

Edited by Alexmender

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

She gets a 4 HP heal after every combat regardless of phase and gets the same bonuses as every tome I guess. +2 HP and any of +1/2 Might (it goes up to 13MT)/+2 Spd/+3 Def/+3 Res.

To be honest Bunilla prefers either Gronnblade+ for nuking in a Flier Emblem team or TA+Gronnraven+ to tank blues/archers regardless of team.

Alright, thanks! Unfortunate that the buffs are lower than Xander's weapon, which is the closest thing I had to go off of, but not too bad all the same.

Oh yeah, I would definitely give Camilla a different tome than her default. My question was... well, it's for a dumb build idea for someone else, I'll say that much. It assumes that I'll get a Camilla for foddering as well, but I wanted to know what the refining situation was like now so I can plan some things first.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, thanks! Unfortunate that the buffs are lower than Xander's weapon, which is the closest thing I had to go off of, but not too bad all the same.

Oh yeah, I would definitely give Camilla a different tome than her default. My question was... well, it's for a dumb build idea for someone else, I'll say that much. It assumes that I'll get a Camilla for foddering as well, but I wanted to know what the refining situation was like now so I can plan some things first.

I assume ranged units get lesser bonuses because range is already a huge advantage to have, no need to make mages/archers more OP than they already are.

Don't let your memes be dreams friend. Says the guy agonizing because he doesn't know what the hell to do with his Tiki

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, duh, Close Def only works on EP anyway.

That would be exactly one of the things I'd forget when on Player Phase with Bonfire charged. At a first glance it doesn't make a big difference in damage output, but I guess @bethany81707 is asking for Tana which could run +19 Close Def (Close Def 3 A-Skill, Close Def 3 Seal, Vidofnir). 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That would be exactly one of the things I'd forget when on Player Phase with Bonfire charged. At a first glance it doesn't make a big difference in damage output, but I guess @bethany81707 is asking for Tana which could run +19 Close Def (Close Def 3 A-Skill, Close Def 3 Seal, Vidofnir). 

Need everything I can get against Michalis. (Aside from not having one ready, this is why I'm leaning *against* Firesweep for the solo).

I gave it one try. I think Guard is a good choice of skill- that's something that needs a 4* donor.

I got a +Def/-Atk Fjorm that I'm considering either merging into the neutral, foddering for skills, or just sending home for feathers. My question is, who might want her skills? Is there anyone that would rather use Atk/Def Bond instead of any other A skill? I guess possibly Xander, since he has built-in DC, and I don't have any Distant Def fodder? And is there anyone that would rather run Drive Atk instead of a Hone/Fortify or Spur?

I have obtained a second Ike with a poor nature, anyone got any fun builds involving Heavy Blade? and can it be used as a psuedo Steady Stance on someone like A!Tiki

I have also obtained a spring Camilla and I want it removed so is it worth giving anyone its skills (including its weapon) (perhaps Halloween Henry?) or should I just feathers

Edited by Mackc2

45 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I have obtained a second Ike with a poor nature, anyone got any fun builds involving Heavy Blade? and can it be used as a psuedo Steady Stance on someone like A!Tiki

I'm waiting for Ikes to give Heavy blade to Minvera and Cherche for instant Galeforce:

• Cherche (+ATK) would run Heavy Blade, Braveaxe+, QP seal and Galeforce.
  • Minvera (+SPD) would run Heavy Blade, Hauteclere, QP seal and Galeforce. 
45 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I have also obtained a spring Camilla and I want it removed so is it worth giving anyone its skills (including its weapon) (perhaps Halloween Henry?) or should I just feathers

Why would you like Henry but not Camilla? 

Her tome and Defiant SPD aren't great. If you are short of Crystals, you could give Live for Bounty to a dancer. Her tome would be good to make some mages look goofy though ... 

6 hours ago, XRay said:

With a Hone Armor partner, Amelia's Speed becomes 40. With Life and Death, her Speed becomes 45, which is more than sufficient to double many unbuffed units.

Most of the prominent Heroes in the game also reach that mark with buffs and can avoid being doubled by 40 Spd. Again, Amelia with any offensive boon would be more offensive but being neutral in both stats makes her rather middling.
Why would you ever use Life and Death on a +Def/-Res Amelia?

I have one Hector to hand out as DC fodder. What sort of unit is likely to receive the skill?

(I'm leaning towards Titania or another green unit, to have a 1-2 range green option outside of Hector himself. Just like to hear some other good places to invest.)

34 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Most of the prominent Heroes in the game also reach that mark with buffs and can avoid being doubled by 40 Spd. Again, Amelia with any offensive boon would be more offensive but being neutral in both stats makes her rather middling.
Why would you ever use Life and Death on a +Def/-Res Amelia?

There is no reason not to. With a Player Phase set, Amelia can get in and get out, and her bulk is so high that the Defense penalty is not a big deal.

43 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I have one Hector to hand out as DC fodder. What sort of unit is likely to receive the skill?

(I'm leaning towards Titania or another green unit, to have a 1-2 range green option outside of Hector himself. Just like to hear some other good places to invest.)

Besides Titania, there is Mathilda and Eliwood who can counter other mages of different colors.

@bethany81707's question reminded me that Eliwood can get now Blazing Durandal. My idea would be to build a 4* +10 Eliwood with Blazing Durandal (long time goal). Unfortunately I have only 3 copies of him left (so many wasted copies ...), but two of them being +ATK (-HP and -DEF). I would start promoting the -DEF copy, giving him Blazing Durandal, LnD3, Desperation, Hone Cav, Reposition and Galeforce. Later, with enough copies ready, I would merge him into the other +ATK copy at 4*. 

The only question would be if I should wait for a +SPD copy? SPD is the only important stat where Eliwood got significantly less (4) than BH!Roy. 

Later he could get also DC, Iceberg and QR if there ever will be a green Reinhardt. 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@bethany81707's question reminded me that Eliwood can get now Blazing Durandal. My idea would be to build a 4* +10 Eliwood with Blazing Durandal (long time goal). Unfortunately I have only 3 copies of him left (so many wasted copies ...), but two of them being +ATK (-HP and -DEF). I would start promoting the -DEF copy, giving him Blazing Durandal, LnD3, Desperation, Hone Cav, Reposition and Galeforce. Later, with enough copies ready, I would merge him into the other +ATK copy at 4*. 

The only question would be if I should wait for a +SPD copy? SPD is the only important stat where Eliwood got significantly less (4) than BH!Roy. 

Later he could get also DC, Iceberg and QR if there ever will be a green Reinhardt. 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Yup go for speed if you want to make offensive eliwood, although a meme Distant Counter Eliwood would PROBABLY run +ATK, using Red Tome Breaker as a pseudo speed bump. Sadly Eliwood isn't really that self sufficient as a Mage counter due to his low HP imo

My reasoning is that.... between Horse buff and realistic attack Eliwood's attack isn't as low as it seems. Also if your using ATK Ploy on him his attack marks goes even higher. Mind we haven't seen how high ATK marks are in the new meta, but Effie at 57 ATK is pretty much the highest there is because most high ATK base unit used abilities that gave them temporary atk boost, or did not run ATK ability at all. Eliwood at 50 ATK, could reach 59-ish with Buff and A slot.

I personally think the best Eliwood set is one where he used all sorts of Ploys to equalize his stats with BRoy, and take advantage of his Resistance and go offensive, but thats mostly because i don't particularly like DC Eliwood

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yup go for speed if you want to make offensive eliwood, although a meme Distant Counter Eliwood would PROBABLY run +ATK, using Red Tome Breaker as a pseudo speed bump. Sadly Eliwood isn't really that self sufficient as a Mage counter due to his low HP imo

My reasoning is that.... between Horse buff and realistic attack Eliwood's attack isn't as low as it seems. Also if your using ATK Ploy on him his attack marks goes even higher. Mind we haven't seen how high ATK marks are in the new meta, but Effie at 57 ATK is pretty much the highest there is because most high ATK base unit used abilities that gave them temporary atk boost, or did not run ATK ability at all. Eliwood at 50 ATK, could reach 59-ish with Buff and A slot.

I personally think the best Eliwood set is one where he used all sorts of Ploys to equalize his stats with Eliwood, and take advantage of his Resistance and go offensive, but thats mostly because i don't particularly like DC Eliwood

Ok, thank you. So Eliwood can make a discount Roy. ATK ploy sounds good, but I don't even have one Katarina (or Leo). The DC option was more theoretical, because I don't have any spare Hectors left. 

My action plan is set: 

Spoiler
  1. Wait for the next 20k to arrive and promote one Eliwood
  2. Wait for the resources for promoting Durandal and do so
  3. Give Reposition, Hone Cav, Desperation to Eliwood
  4. Wait for the next 20k to arrive and promote Hana to feed her to Eliwood
  5. Wait for the next Cordelia and 20k to arrive to give Galeforce to Eliwood
  6. Wait for a +SPD Eliwood copy and other 7 copies to merge. 

A lot of waiting involved ... and not considering my other projects *sigh*. I need to pull blue, but I didn't do so since NS!Corrin arrived. 

10 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I pulled a +Atk/-Def Fjorm.  Should I go ahead and merge my neutral one into her, or will she really miss that extra 4 defense?

I do not think she would need it since BH!Lyns can be better countered with Raven mages. I think Fjorm is better off being a mage counter instead.

I've got a 30 def/30 res Nowi (speed bane, TA, no b slot yet) and I'm not sure which lightning breath+ to get her. The +4 def, the +4 res or the +2 MT version? I was thinking the might at first, but I do like to use her to bait out ranged AI and defenses always help.

I can't guarantee the Distant Defense seal always being on her (right now its on Dorcas) for things like arena assault or tempests, if that matters any

Does KageroChart not correctly take Desperation's effect into account? I tried running Bride Caeda at half health against a few ranged units, but they still seemed to retaliate first, even with Caeda having a Spd lead of 15+.

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I pulled a +Atk/-Def Fjorm.  Should I go ahead and merge my neutral one into her, or will she really miss that extra 4 defense?

If you run neutral Fjorm with her standard kit plus Distant Defense 3 Seal, she arrives at 41 DEF (30 + 6 DD +  5 ATK/DEF bond) against ranged physical enemies if an ally is on a tile next to her. Plus her special reduces 30% of at least the first attack. 

It depends how you want to build and play her, but I wouldn't say that DEF is unimportant on her. 

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Does KageroChart not correctly take Desperation's effect into account? I tried running Bride Caeda at half health against a few ranged units, but they still seemed to retaliate first, even with Caeda having a Spd lead of 15+.

Should try refreshing the page or something, it's working perfectly fine for me atm.