"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Catria is not a huge priority in my opinion since there are tons of other good lance fliers. If she is your best lance flier, then I would promote her, but I would not make her a priority just in case someone like Tana or Hinoka shows up.

Plus I already have three lance users, three blue tome users, and two blue dragons (once i promote nowi), and my non-infantry unit is blue. THat's why I was thinking of michalis. i only have two axe users and two green tome users, and my only other green flyer of any rarity is beruka. (i have six sword users, and flyers for anything other than lance, sword, and axe are really hard to come by).

On that Note, does anyone have general strats for the michalis ghb lunatic, so i don't have to use 2000 feathers to promote him to 4* (and have a backup in case someone else really needs iote's shield or something.)

Edited by sirmola

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, sirmola said:

Plus I already have three lance users, three blue tome users, and two blue dragons (once i promote nowi), and my non-infantry unit is blue. THat's why I was thinking of michalis. i only have two axe users and two green tome users, and my only other green flyer of any rarity is beruka. (i have six sword users, and flyers for anything other than lance, sword, and axe are really hard to come by).

On that Note, does anyone have general strats for the michalis ghb lunatic, so i don't have to use 2000 feathers to promote him to 4* (and have a backup in case someone else really needs iote's shield or something.)

Michalis is a solid option for a promotion. You can poke around on his GHB thread for possible strategies that might work for you.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

I had a general question. Can someone explain why moonbow, glimmer, and noontime are much better than luna, astra, and sol? I am partly wondering because i have much more fodder for luna, astra, and sol (especialy if the above catria is garbage).

They aren't, strictly speaking. What makes one preferable over the other is the timing of the activation.

In most cases, since your special cooldown fills up on both your own and your opponent's attacks, you want to make sure the cooldown hits zero exactly in time to activate in on your own attack. If your special skill becomes fully charged, but your opponent gets a chance to attack before you can activate it, that's often a sign that you should switch to a skill with a longer cooldown.

More specifically, Glimmer is outclassed by Moonbow. Astra is outclassed by everything. Sol charges too slowly to usually be useful, but I can see some niche cases where it can come in handy. Moonbow is typically used on any unit with a slowed special cooldown (Lightning Breath, Blarblade, etc.) because all other skills end up with too long of a cooldown.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Maybe it is doing that to anticipate enemies having Refined Weapons? Once Kagero Chart's Calculator is updated, I can compare and contrast the results between the two to confirm the performance of a unit more accurately.

I guess so. HP is the only boosted stat, and it doesn't indicate anywhere on the page that it's doing that. That's poor design, imo.

~

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

Fae I have absolutely no experience using at all, so I have no idea what to do with her.  Any input is helpful here.

I agree with XRay's opinions for Tiki and Nowi (especially the bit about trying to have Nowi fight greens), so I'm starting here.

TA/QR is fine on Fae, TA is arguably preferable due to Reinhardt. I'd wait for a +Atk Fae, though, as the difference between +Atk and the natures you have available is pretty stark. From the numbers I've run, Fae actually gets the best results out of the Def upgrade. I can revisit the numbers if you want more specifics; I ran them a few days ago when trying to pick the upgrade for my own Fae.

1 hour ago, GinRei said:

Once I decide on those three (which should hopefully be some time this week, worst case next week), I'll be able to upgrade Sol Katti.  Which leads to the question of what to put on Lyn's B slot.  Only real choices for me are Escape Route or Swordbreaker (since no Wrath fodder).  If fighting another Swordbreaker user, does Brash Assault still let me double if my speed is high enough/regardless of speed difference, or would I need my own Swordbreaker for that matchup?

You can find information on follow up attacks in the "Speed Calculations" spoiler of this thread. The gist of it is, if the factors that guarantee a follow up outweigh the factors that prevent a follow up, a follow up will occur. Having 5+ more Spd than the opponent is a factor that guarantees a follow up.

So, if Lyn has 5+ Spd more than a Swordbreaker opponent (1 factor guaranteeing follow up, 1 factor preventing follow up), and the requirements for the Sol Katti's Brash Assault effect are met (2 factors guaranteeing follow up, 1 factor preventing follow up), then she will perform a follow up even without Swordbreaker.

Not sure if this needs its own thread or not, so I thought to just ask it here to be safe. Could the game have gotten too big or something for my phone to run well anymore? I started getting some annoying lag and just a little while ago, the game crashed. Parts of the game load really slow too.

Or could the most recent update have some bugs? Maybe they only affect certain phones?

I have an Android that's an LG K4 VS425 that I got in summer of last year, right after Pokemon GO released. I got that upgrade because my old phone wasn't compatible with GO and I was due for an upgrade anyway.

Here's a picture of my phone's model for reference.

Spoiler

lg-pdp-392015-d-1?bgc=ffffff&scl=2

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not sure if this needs its own thread or not, so I thought to just ask it here to be safe. Could the game have gotten too big or something for my phone to run well anymore? I started getting some annoying lag and just a little while ago, the game crashed. Parts of the game load really slow too.

Or could the most recent update have some bugs? Maybe they only affect certain phones?

I have an Android that's an LG K4 VS425 that I got in summer of last year, right after Pokemon GO released. I got that upgrade because my old phone wasn't compatible with GO and I was due for an upgrade anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

I have been noticing slightly longer load times too since version 2 came out, and I just got my (midrange) phone in august.

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

I have been noticing slightly longer load times too since version 2 came out, and I just got my (midrange) phone in august.

Huh, maybe it isn't my phone then... I do think I'm due for an upgrade again soon anyway since I've had this phone for a year and a half now, but I see.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Reveal hidden contents

My game crashed too and I had to reinstall it a few days ago, although the game was fine afterwards.

For me, the slowness is usually due to a slower internet connection when I am off Wifi or I left too many apps open.

Just now, XRay said:

My game crashed too and I had to reinstall it a few days ago, although the game was fine afterwards.

For me, the slowness is usually due to a slower internet connection when I am off Wifi or I left too many apps open.

I see... I might try a re-install if another crash happens then. I use my home Wifi to play most of the time though, and I never really have more than two apps open at a time.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I use my home Wifi to play most of the time though, and I never really have more than two apps open at a time.

I guess it could possibly be due to the phone too, although mine is pretty old as well since it is a refurbished Galaxy S5, so I am not sure if the oldness is a factor.

I could use some help, I want to train up one of my dancer units but don't know who is the best. I have a 5* regular Olivia, and all 4 of the specialty dancers.

Not sure if it matters, but my current team is Joshua, Brave Ike, and Brave Lyn(I switch her out sometimes with Nowi though).  Thanks for any help and advice, this game still confuses me for some reason...; - ;

Edited by twentyonestarsets

10 minutes ago, twentyonestarsets said:

I could use some help, I want to train up one of my dancer units but don't know who is the best. I have a 5* regular Olivia, and all 4 of the specialty dancers.

Not sure if it matters, but my current team is Joshua, Brave Ike, and Brave Lyn(I switch her out sometimes with Nowi though).  Thanks for any help and advice, this game still confuses me for some reason...; - ;

Ideally, you'd want to train all five of them.

Given your current team, I'd focus on Shigure for blue coverage first, though Azura and Inigo are great for all-round use, Azura due to Urdhr's effect and Inigo due to being a green tome user.

10 minutes ago, twentyonestarsets said:

Train all of them. They all have different colors and can fill in depending on what your team is, and in Arena Assault you can field one for five teams.

The best dancers are easily Nohrian Azura and Inigo, so you can start building up those first. Inigo is unique in that he can also function as a defensive check to some meta threats like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn with the proper build. Triangle Adept as the A passive and Bowbreaker as your B are good starts. If you want him to check Brave Lyn, he will need to get himself a Gronnraven tome though, which can be an expensive upgrade.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

For Y!Tiki, I would go with +Atk for more kills.

For Nowi, I would go with +Atk. There is no reason to ever make a Triangle Adept unit fight against a color they are weak against in the first place, as that is a generally a terrible idea since Nowi has teammates who can do that job for her, so those match ups do not need to be considered. A Triangle Adept unit's only role is to counter colors they are strong against, and the only reason fight other colors is to finish a kill or something that does not jeopardize their survival.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I agree with XRay's opinions for Tiki and Nowi (especially the bit about trying to have Nowi fight greens), so I'm starting here.

TA/QR is fine on Fae, TA is arguably preferable due to Reinhardt. I'd wait for a +Atk Fae, though, as the difference between +Atk and the natures you have available is pretty stark. From the numbers I've run, Fae actually gets the best results out of the Def upgrade. I can revisit the numbers if you want more specifics; I ran them a few days ago when trying to pick the upgrade for my own Fae.

You can find information on follow up attacks in the "Speed Calculations" spoiler of this thread. The gist of it is, if the factors that guarantee a follow up outweigh the factors that prevent a follow up, a follow up will occur. Having 5+ more Spd than the opponent is a factor that guarantees a follow up.

So, if Lyn has 5+ Spd more than a Swordbreaker opponent (1 factor guaranteeing follow up, 1 factor preventing follow up), and the requirements for the Sol Katti's Brash Assault effect are met (2 factors guaranteeing follow up, 1 factor preventing follow up), then she will perform a follow up even without Swordbreaker.

Thanks for the input.  I've waited this long on Fae, I can probably wait longer to see if I can get anything better.  If I need a third upgrade in the meanwhile, I think I can get by with upgrading Ninian's Light Breath.  Looked like her +HP/-Atk nature can actually survive a lot of otherwise fatal attacks by refining speed and getting speed elsewhere from either a Hone, Seal, or A-skill.

And thanks on the Lyn info.  Guess Swordbreaker may be better on her than Escape Route then.

I noticed that I have like 6 Nowi's lying around, and I'm thinking of merging them to start my way toward 4+10. 

I'm not sure what to do about skills. I have the following serious skills available right now.

Special : Bonfire / Iceberg / Moonbow

A: Fury / Fortress Defense / Close Def (the 4 star Joshua isn't doing anything)

B: Bow Breaker / Quick Riposte 

Personally Leaning toward Bonfire+Close Def+ Quick Riposte

Is it better not to merge to take advantage of the forgeable breath weapons? Is it better to wait for traingle adept? I mean I see a lot of people in the arena discussion thread with stories of their nowi kiling units that they theoretically shouldn't be able too, so i don't want to miss out on anything by going TA just to beat the reds Nowi already beats harder.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Would this be considered a decent build, or are there A skills I could be overlooking?  I kept her default special for now, but might change it later.

Attack +3 is literally the best offensive A skill she can use. That's also exactly the same skill build my own Elise is running, so I can vet for its effectiveness (though mine is [+Atk, -Def]).

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

@MrSmokestack @Ice Dragon @DehNutCase @XRay @LordFrigid

I sacrificed a sheep.

[Error: Picture is too awesome to display in a mere quote block]

Would this be considered a decent build, or are there A skills I could be overlooking?  I kept her default special for now, but might change it later.

First things first: you have excellent taste in healers.

It looks fine to me. Congrats on your newly built invincible, unstoppable, legendary Princess of Nohr!

Edited by LordFrigid

I asked a related question earlier, but looking at my 5-star healers, I figured I'd ask with a bit more detail. What would be the ideal staff for an offensive-oriented healer like Maria? I can give her Pain+, Gravity+, and Slow+ from various sources, or just keep her own Panic+ Alternatively, if there's another staff that's even better, than I can promote another healer for their staff instead. She's eventually gonna run +Atk/-Res (until I get one with a better bane), with Speed+3, Wrathful Staff 3, and the Dazzling Staff upgrade for whichever staff she gets. I'm just not sure how much of a difference each staff might make for her performance.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I noticed that I have like 6 Nowi's lying around, and I'm thinking of merging them to start my way toward 4+10. 

I'm not sure what to do about skills. I have the following serious skills available right now.

Special : Bonfire / Iceberg / Moonbow

A: Fury / Fortress Defense / Close Def (the 4 star Joshua isn't doing anything)

B: Bow Breaker / Quick Riposte 

Personally Leaning toward Bonfire+Close Def+ Quick Riposte

Is it better not to merge to take advantage of the forgeable breath weapons? Is it better to wait for traingle adept? I mean I see a lot of people in the arena discussion thread with stories of their nowi kiling units that they theoretically shouldn't be able too, so i don't want to miss out on anything by going TA just to beat the reds Nowi already beats harder.

Moonbow-Fury-Quick Riposte should net her the most kills if you do not have Steady Breath. I would promote her to 5* and slowly merge her.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I would also sacrifice an innocent farm girl for Attack Spd 2. Preferably three of them and two more sheep for the ultimate triple Elise team. Just make sure two of the Elise has +Atk/+Spd and the other one has +Spd/+Atk, since there are only two Attack +3 seals and two Speed +3 seals. Bane does not matter as long as it is not Atk/Spd. In case the scoring is too low, you might need to use Miracle instead of Balms for her Special.

41 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I asked a related question earlier, but looking at my 5-star healers, I figured I'd ask with a bit more detail. What would be the ideal staff for an offensive-oriented healer like Maria? I can give her Pain+, Gravity+, and Slow+ from various sources, or just keep her own Panic+ Alternatively, if there's another staff that's even better, than I can promote another healer for their staff instead. She's eventually gonna run +Atk/-Res (until I get one with a better bane), with Speed+3, Wrathful Staff 3, and the Dazzling Staff upgrade for whichever staff she gets. I'm just not sure how much of a difference each staff might make for her performance.

Maria's bane does not matter with the following skill set:

Maria +Atk/Spd -HP/Def/Res
Fear/Slow [Dazzling Staff], Rehabilitate/Physic/Recover, Heavenly Light/Miracle
Attack Spd 2, Wrathful Staff
Speed+3/Attack +3 Sacred Seal (If Attack boon, run Speed +3; if Speed boon, run Attack +3.)

If you do not want to kill a poor farm girl, then I would just go with Attack +3.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That’s as good a build as you can get, but Rehabilitate would be a nice touch if you can get the + version.

I prefer 34 (37 with Hone Cavalry) healing all the time over 14 healing plus more only when the target is at low health.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Speed+3/Attack +3 Sacred Seal (If Attack boon, run Speed +3; if Speed boon, run Attack +3.)

If you do not want to kill a poor farm girl, then I would just go with Attack +3.

I'd still like to get her with +Def eventually for a bit more bulk when attacked (30+ Res isn't too bad for baiting with her high Spd), but that's good to know that it's not an unusable bane at least.

I'm a bit surprised that Fear/Slow would be the most recommended. Is it because they have 12 Mt, or because of their effect, or a mix of both? I'm perfectly fine with it though, I don't have much other use for Mist now that she's maxed HM. The rest looks good, luckily she starts with Physic and Miracle, although I'll keep an eye out for the others to give her eventually as well.

I only have one Nephenee unfortunately, and she has a good boon/bane and a lot of investment already, so I'll stick with Attack +3 for now. Plus Maria already has that skill, so that helps too, heh. But if I get another Nephenee or two, then I'll definitely be giving Attack Spd 2 to Maria instead. Thanks!

Spoiler

@MrSmokestack Please forgive my own healer bias. I'll get Genny to max HM first though, I promise!

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Attack +3 is literally the best offensive A skill she can use. That's also exactly the same skill build my own Elise is running, so I can vet for its effectiveness (though mine is [+Atk, -Def]).

Thanks, maybe I'll get a better nature someday, but she's been doing nice work with the build so far.

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

First things first: you have excellent taste in healers.

It looks fine to me. Congrats on your newly built invincible, unstoppable, legendary Princess of Nohr!

Why thank you, she also gets the coveted ally support with Titania.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I find the combination of Dazzling Gravity plus someone with Reposition is very nice.  If you have Wrathful Staff as well, all the better.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Moonbow-Fury-Quick Riposte should net her the most kills if you do not have Steady Breath. I would promote her to 5* and slowly merge her.

I would also sacrifice an innocent farm girl for Attack Spd 2. Preferably three of them and two more sheep for the ultimate triple Elise team. Just make sure two of the Elise has +Atk/+Spd and the other one has +Spd/+Atk, since there are only two Attack +3 seals and two Speed +3 seals. Bane does not matter as long as it is not Atk/Spd. In case the scoring is too low, you might need to use Miracle instead of Balms for her Special.

Who has Atk/Spd 2?  It's hard to track all the new skills, especially with half of them being on holiday units.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Rezzy Don’t talk to me or my sheep daughter ever again

That’s as good a build as you can get, but Rehabilitate would be a nice touch if you can get the + version.

That would need a 5* Wrys, correct?  Recover usually gets the job done with Elise's decent Atk, but I might give her the complete treatment if I still have feathers left after mixmaxing my Arena team.