"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Since my merge projects aren't really moving along, I have some feathers to burn. I have a +Atk/-Spd Hawkeye and another one that is +Def/-Spd and I can't decide which one I should promote so I can merge the 5* Atk bane Hawkeye that I pulled last year into the new merge base. He's most likely getting Glacies and QR down the line and I'm debating if I should refine his Slaying Axe for Res to deal with dragons in AA should the situation calls for it. Thoughts?

2. Is Moonbow the optimal Special for Lewyn? I was thinking about giving him Luna but I get the feeling that Luna will be too "slow" since he wants to maintain 50%+ HP to ensure his weapon effect stays active and the fewer hits he has to take the easier it is to keep him above the HP threshold. I think trying to activate Luna might put him in a situation where he might have to take an extra hit to activate it, which is likely to make him to go under the HP threshold and that's something that he'd want to avoid. Thoughts?      

58 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

2. Is Moonbow the optimal Special for Lewyn? 

I’ve often seen Blazing Wind being recommended for him. He’ll charge it after every combar past the first one (discharge → 4, two hits → 2, Special Spiral effect → 0), and with his sizable Atk it’s going to rip through almost everything.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

1. Since my merge projects aren't really moving along, I have some feathers to burn. I have a +Atk/-Spd Hawkeye and another one that is +Def/-Spd and I can't decide which one I should promote so I can merge the 5* Atk bane Hawkeye that I pulled last year into the new merge base. He's most likely getting Glacies and QR down the line and I'm debating if I should refine his Slaying Axe for Res to deal with dragons in AA should the situation calls for it. Thoughts?

If you are using him for Arena Assault as a dragon counter, I recommend [+Atk, -Spd]. +Def is normally more optimal in Arena since you may need Hawkeye to tank greens and colorless, but for Arena Assault, I would go for +Atk to ensure overkill since he is most likely going to face blues only.

I built mine with the following skill set:

Slaying Axe+ [Res]
Swap
Iceberg
Triangle Adept 2
Quick Riposte 2
Threaten Atk  3

Mine is neutral with some merges. I have a 3* copy with [+Atk, -Spd], but since he is a melee unit and all his 5* copies are pity breakers, I do not feel like upgrading him anytime soon.

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

I have like 12 Bartres. 
who would the best benefactors of his skills be? (like in general, but if you'd liike to know my units, i can give that rundown) :)

His Hammer is useful if you need to build some anti armor units, but you generally do not need too many.

Smite generally sucks.

Everyone can use Fury.

Units with A Sketchy Summer Weapons can use Brash Assault, but other than that, no one wants Brash Assault on their B slot until Desperation Sacred Seal is released. Brash Assault by itself sucks.

On 13.09.2018 at 8:55 PM, Ice Dragon said:

+Spd works for specific builds, but it's typically better to run +Atk even if he's -Spd (though -Res would be most preferred). It seems +Atk has slightly better performance for both of his common builds (Bonfire/Draconic Aura and Blazing Flame/Thunder/Wind/Light), though it's a bit less pronounced for the Bonfire/Draconic Aura build.

This suddenly became relevant again because I’ve just got an Atk/Spd Ares. I’m likely going to keep Draconic Aura on him (then again, 55 Atk produces the same 16 damage from DA that 33 Def produces from Bonfire but I don’t need to spend a Robin or a Tiki). What else should I give him? Should I keep Brazen or would something more generalistic like Fury be better? As for B, QR? A breaker? 26 Spd is low enough for QR to work well, I think.

@XRay too because why not.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

This suddenly became relevant again because I’ve just got an Atk/Spd Ares. I’m likely going to keep Draconic Aura on him (then again, 55 Atk produces the same 16 damage from DA that 33 Def produces from Bonfire but I don’t need to spend a Robin or a Tiki). What else should I give him? Should I keep Brazen or would something more generalistic like Fury be better? As for B, QR? A breaker? 26 Spd is low enough for QR to work well, I think.

I run Vantage with Quick Riposte in the Sacred Seal slot. Vantage for infinite Bonfire. Quick Riposte to get the first Bonfire out. (Replace "Bonfire" with "Draconic Aura" if you're going that route.)

I left Brazen Atk/Def in his A slot, thoughm ideally, I'd like to put Distant Counter there. But that's expensive.

9 hours ago, XRay said:

His Hammer is useful if you need to build some anti armor units, but you generally do not need too many.

Smite generally sucks.

Everyone can use Fury.

Units with A Sketchy Summer Weapons can use Brash Assault, but other than that, no one wants Brash Assault on their B slot until Desperation Sacred Seal is released. Brash Assault by itself sucks.

thanks for that. 
okay i won't use smite. hehe that everyone can use Fury. I don't have any Sketchy Summer, so that's good then 

Another question for the group - 
If i have my projects (In this case Nino, Olivia and Caeda), do i just upgrade them in the barracks merge, and then grind up the one person? I'm not exactly understanding (other than the basics of "merge character) what the most ideal way to do this is. 

9 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Is there a way in the settings to make the music not change in battles? I'm tired of the super good music of some areas getting cut short by the standart battle music.

Misc. → Settings → Enemy Music: set to Off, Battle Music, set to Off.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

If you are keeping Brazen Atk/Def, I would switch his Special to Bonfire if you can afford it. Without Brazen active, both Draconic Aura and Bonfire will give the same damage, but once it is active, Bonfire will give you 3.5 more damage compared to Draconic Aura's extra 2.1 damage.

As for how you should build him, it is up to your preferences. Since there are so many sword units already, I am more open to give some of them less reliable builds such as running Vantage as @Ice Dragon suggested, as it saves you from running another Weapon and Quick Riposte. His regular Enemy Phase build should not be any different from the standard, but he needs to inherit another another Weapon for optimal performance and obviously Quick Riposte as well; he performs best as a Spd tank with Wo Dao [Spd]-Moonbow.

For the Vantage build, if you want him to perform really well in his second round of combat and beyond, you will have to compromise his first round performance.

Here is his first round performance:

Brazen Atk/Spd
Enemy Phase 47:109:9
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 67:82:16

Draconic Aura, Fierce Stance
Enemy Phase 49:108:8
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 80:78:7

Fury
Enemy Phase 64:91:10
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 89:67:9

Here is his second round performance assuming Special is ready and he has 1 HP.

Brazen Atk/Spd
Enemy Phase 101:64:0
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 122:43:0

Draconic Aura, Fierce Stance
Enemy Phase 80:85:0
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 119:46:0

Fury
Enemy Phase 60:105:0
6/6/0/0
Enemy Phase 101:64:0

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Ares (5* +atk -spd)  
Weapon: Dark Mystletainn  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Brazen Atk Def 3  
B: Vantage 3  
S: Quick Riposte 3  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  
Special: Draconic Aura  
A: Fierce Stance 3  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  
A: Fury 3  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

— — — — — — —

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Special: Moonbow  
Replace Special: true  
Replace A: true 

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

thanks for that. 
okay i won't use smite. hehe that everyone can use Fury. I don't have any Sketchy Summer, so that's good then 

Another question for the group - 
If i have my projects (In this case Nino, Olivia and Caeda), do i just upgrade them in the barracks merge, and then grind up the one person? I'm not exactly understanding (other than the basics of "merge character) what the most ideal way to do this is. 

If you plan to pimp them out (5*+10 and have a bunch of expensive Skill Inheritance), the best way to do that is to:

1. Inherit all the skills you want onto a bad nature copy #1.
2. Train bad nature #1 to 5* level 40 and learn as much skills as possible.
3. Merge #1 into a level 1 bad nature #2.
4. Train #2 and learn as much skills as possible.
5. Merge #2 into #3.
6. Rinse and repeat until you get to 5*+9. Make sure that all of them are NOT the nature you want the final unit to have.
7. Merge #10 into #11. #11 is a good nature copy. Ideally, if you are not using #11 often, then it should be 3* or lower so you can build up a little more SP in case you want to inherit more skills in the future. If you plan to use it often, then it does not really matter since units gain SP really fast when you use them often.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

Ares (5* +atk -spd)  

— — — — — — —

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Special: Moonbow  
Replace Special: true  
Replace A: true 

If you plan to pimp them out (5*+10 and have a bunch of expensive Skill Inheritance), the best way to do that is to:

1. Inherit all the skills you want onto a bad nature copy #1.
2. Train bad nature #1 to 5* level 40 and learn as much skills as possible.
3. Merge #1 into a level 1 bad nature #2.
4. Train #2 and learn as much skills as possible.
5. Merge #2 into #3.
6. Rinse and repeat until you get to 5*+9. Make sure that all of them are NOT the nature you want the final unit to have.
7. Merge #10 into #11. #11 is a good nature copy. Ideally, if you are not using #11 often, then it should be 3* or lower so you can build up a little more SP in case you want to inherit more skills in the future. If you plan to use it often, then it does not really matter since units gain SP really fast when you use them often.

Oohh goodness. thanks so much. so basically i have to figure out who my bad people are - and then when i do that - THEN i merge. got it. :) 
is "brave sword" a good sword for Olivia? (I'm thinking she can't have any other legendary swords)

4 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Oohh goodness. thanks so much. so basically i have to figure out who my bad people are - and then when i do that - THEN i merge. got it. :) 
is "brave sword" a good sword for Olivia? (I'm thinking she can't have any other legendary swords)

I prefer Wo Dao or Slaying Edge since you can Refine it for more score. You can also run her with Barrier Sword or Safeguard, but I prefer my Dancers/Singers to deal more damage or deal it more frequently.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

@daisy jane

Clarification: If #11 is not 5-star, get it to 5-star before you merge. Merges are removed on rarity promotion.

Personally, I don't see any reason to bother training each of the copies unless you have a metric fuckton of skills you want to teach. Snowball merging by itself gives you 6,600 SP (granted about 500 of that will go to waste due to not being able to perfectly use up all of your SP after each merge), which is more than enough to deck out just about any unit.

If it's a unit you use often, don't bother with a snowball merge since it's more worth it to get the merges as they become available instead of waiting until you have 11 copies and enough feathers since you'll be getting SP simply by using the unit.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personally, I don't see any reason to bother training each of the copies unless you have a metric fuckton of skills you want to teach.

It depends on the person and the unit.

Most of my combat units are pretty light on SP. However, my staff healers are very SP heavy, as I slap all the cheap 4* healer skills on most of my healers, so most of them know most staves, most Balms, Heavenly Light, most staff Supports, Live to Serve, Savage Blow or Threaten Atk, and whatever C slot buffs I have an abundance of.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Most of my combat units are pretty light on SP. However, my staff healers are very SP heavy, as I slap all the cheap 4* healer skills on most of my healers, so most of them know most staves, most Balms, Heavenly Light, most staff Supports, Live to Serve, Savage Blow or Threaten Atk, and whatever C slot buffs I have an abundance of.

I believe that counts as a metric fuckton.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@daisy jane

Clarification: If #11 is not 5-star, get it to 5-star before you merge. Merges are removed on rarity promotion.

Personally, I don't see any reason to bother training each of the copies unless you have a metric fuckton of skills you want to teach. Snowball merging by itself gives you 6,600 SP (granted about 500 of that will go to waste due to not being able to perfectly use up all of your SP after each merge), which is more than enough to deck out just about any unit.

If it's a unit you use often, don't bother with a snowball merge since it's more worth it to get the merges as they become available instead of waiting until you have 11 copies and enough feathers since you'll be getting SP simply by using the unit.

thanks. 
so if i am understanding this correctly, what you would suggest is - 

unlock potential for all my units (get them all to 5*)
then do the one merge. 
then train the Merged. 

i'm working on Nino, Caeda and Olivia  first. so i want to see what skills would be of benefit for them 
(soren will be next - i just have more Caedas, Ninos and Olivias). 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I prefer Wo Dao or Slaying Edge since you can Refine it for more score. You can also run her with Barrier Sword or Safeguard, but I prefer my Dancers/Singers to deal more damage or deal it more frequently.

thanks for this :) 

i do believe Wo Dao is an Athena weapon. i get her a lot too!

So. (i'm just looking at my 3* Camillas)

I have one 

Hp: 18, Atk: 14, Spd 7, Def 5, Res 6

Second one
Hp: 16, Atk 16, Speed, 7, Def 5, Res 6

Third 
Hp 16, atk 15, Spd 7, Def 5 Res 7

since camilla is more about attack and speed, out of these three, the middle one would be the "vanilla" and i'd merge everything into that one? i'm trying to make sure i'm reading this right so i don't bother y'all with various same questions lmao 

(i also have a 4 star Camilla who is level 22 so i don't know what her base stats were)

2 hours ago, daisy jane said:

So. (i'm just looking at my 3* Camillas)

I have one 

Hp: 18, Atk: 14, Spd 7, Def 5, Res 6

Second one
Hp: 16, Atk 16, Speed, 7, Def 5, Res 6

Third 
Hp 16, atk 15, Spd 7, Def 5 Res 7

since camilla is more about attack and speed, out of these three, the middle one would be the "vanilla" and i'd merge everything into that one? i'm trying to make sure i'm reading this right so i don't bother y'all with various same questions lmao 

(i also have a 4 star Camilla who is level 22 so i don't know what her base stats were)

Your middle one's nature is [+Atk, -HP], which is the best out of the three. [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res] are the best natures in my opinion. I prefer +Spd for better independent performance, but if you can afford to give her offensive buffs consistently, then +Atk is better. Between -HP and -Res, it does not really matter if you have the right buff, but I prefer -Res for better melee combat, but -HP preserves her Res so she can Ploy things better if you want to go that route as well as making it easier for her reach Desperation range.

Yes, you want the middle one to be the final unit and have other copies merge into it. As @Ice Dragon said, you do not have to wait for the 10th Camilla and you do not have to train each one. Most of my combat units take around 2,000 to 3,000 SP to build, sometimes 4,000 if I want to give it some extra skills such as a Gem Weapon and alternative C skills. If you level each Camilla from level 1 to level 40, you will gain about 1,000+/2,000+ SP if you grind efficiently depending on whether doubles SP bonus is active. If you do it 3 times for the first Camilla (3* 1-40, 4* 1-40, 5* 1-40), you will get 3,000+/6,000+ SP, so you do not have train the rest of the Camillas. I sometimes half ass my training to around 32 instead of 40 and then do the snowball merge, as training on lower levels is easier and more efficient when you can auto battle it and/or spam the End Turn button.

For any non 5* unit, you can go to Unlock Potential screen and see their level 1 stats for the next rarity.

Edited by XRay

I just got pitybroken by a bad sigure. I could always merge him into my existing one, but i was wondering if anyone else wants his skills (namely darting stance or harmonic lance) all of my lance users have good niches except for maybe fin (because Abel dies the brave lance cav thing better). As for darting stance, i was thinking maybe +atk/-def nephnee? otherwise, no real idea.