Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Ended up ≈86k, I'm fine with that.

@Thor Odinson, some unlucky sod might have bumped into your team just before the deadline, I'd guess.

Possibly, but you know how when they give you feathers in the arena and there's usually your score? The defense came up blank on the score department.

13 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I got 500 feathers even though I didn't get a defense score? maybe something in the database just screwed up?

i will not complain about my feathers.

Did you get the 500 from your Rank?

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

I get 1600 from 3k+ score, 1500 from rank, and an extra 500 from defense.

I dunno, maybe someone lost to you last minute.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I dunno, maybe someone lost to you last minute.

11 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Possibly, but you know how when they give you feathers in the arena and there's usually your score? The defense came up blank on the score department.

I'd think a last minute loss would still warrant a score display. There's a bug either way.

Edited by Thor Odinson

3/2  Score: 3,954  Rank: 45,397

3/3 Score: 4,015 Rank: 56,565

3/6 Score: 4,015 Rank: 70,518 13 hours left, should be ok.

3/6 Score: 4,015 Rank: 74,000

Good enough I guess

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

I get 1600 from 3k+ score, 1500 from rank, and an extra 500 from defense.

Basically my rank! I rounded out at 29,954. Felt good to be under 30k!

3 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'd think a last minute loss would still warrant a score display. There's a bug either way.

There's actually a bulletin from Ninty (you can see it right now) mentioning that Arena Defense Reward scores may not be appearing. You'll receive the correct award though, which is neat.

Just now, Elieson said:

There's actually a bulletin from Ninty (you can see it right now) mentioning that Arena Defense Reward scores may not be appearing. You'll receive the correct award though, which is neat.

Huh, alright, maybe that's why I didn't seem to get anything all week despite putting in 2 Takumis and an Olivia as a desperate last resort.

I feel better about my team now.

New bonus characters so a new Arena team composition question.

5* +Spd/-Def Marth, 4* +Res/-Atk Olivia, 5* +Atk/-Spd Robin, 5* +Spd/-HP Camilla. Any of these for a main force and all Level 40.

I also have Level 40 4*s of +Atk/-HP Chrom, +Spd/-Atk M!Corrin, +Def/-Res Adult Tiki, neutral Sharena, +HP/-Res Abel, +Def/-Atk Shanna, +Atk/-Spd Barst, neutral Narcian, and +Def/-HP Fae.

• +HP/-Spd Level 40 4* Jagen
  • +Res/-HP Level 20 3* Jagen
  • +Spd/-HP Level 20 3* Sully
  • neutral Level 20 3* F!Robin

I think Sully would be the better choice as she'll contest Swords really well--but I have to raise her from 3* while there's a Jagen ready to go. Between the two, Jagen has been recorded of having higher stat totals, but he's a Res bus and slow (21 Spd).

I could see merit in F!Robin since she's ranged and will help any issues against blues. Only thing is is that blues aren't as common and the ones that are are Linde, who F!Robin's probably not getting through her Res even with Blue Tomebreaker.

Thoughts? I don't mind unlocking a 3* with my fat stack of 27K+ feathers.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Holy hell! Pulled Eldigan so I'm running a new Arena team with a BST of 705 (Ryoma +1, Julia, Effie, Eldigan), and I ran into a team with Nino +10, Julia +10, Y!Tiki +2, and Eirika +5. That was the most terrifying match of my life. 

(I did win and gained 664 points though. Thank Naga for Eldigan and his special)

1 hour ago, Dual Dragons said:

I could see merit in F!Robin since she's ranged and will help any issues against blues. Only thing is is that blues aren't as common and the ones that are are Linde, who F!Robin's probably not getting through her Res even with Blue Tomebreaker.

Assuming that we have F!Robin's stats at -1 Atk over M!Robin (because of weapon differences in Mt), we have 5* Lv40 F!Robin with

#*  HP   AT   DF   SP   RS
5*  40    39    29    29    22
4*  38    33    27    27    20 
3*  36    31    25    25    19

Which is super middling, but considering her tome is effective against Olwen and Reinhardt (doubling them automatically) and effective against Sully/Jagen...what do we have?

You're looking at what I believe is a raw 80% boost to your damage [(1.5*1.2*ATK)-Res=Dmg]:

Testing my 3* Gronnwolf F!Robin, 33 Atk vs enemy Blue Cavalier, Res 9:

• Deals 48*2 (with Blue Tomebreaker ofcourse, plus higher speed)
    • (32*1.5*1.2) - 9 = (57.6) - 9 = (57) - 9 = 48

Since your boosts kick in before hand, let's lay this out for what you'll have (RoundDown all values that have decimals):

Spoiler
Your F!Robin's Atk Eff. V Blue Dmg b4 Res
20 36
21 37.8
22 39.6
23 41.4
24 43.2
25 45
26 46.8
27 48.6
28 50.4
29 52.2
30 54
31 55.8
32 57.6
33 59.4
34 61.2
35 63
36 64.8
37 66.6
38 68.4
39 70.2
40 72
41 73.8
42 75.6
43 77.4
44 79.2
45 81
46 82.8
47 84.6
48 86.4
49 88.2
50 90

Hero HP ATK SPD DEF RES
Jagen 37 45 27 28 38
Olwen 34 36 29 20 30
Reindhart 38 41 18 27 25
Sully 42 42 34 24 24

Looking at the above, here's the requirements to KO the blues in the Arena;

• Vs 5* Lv40 Jagen
    • OHKO 75 Eff. Mt [42 Atk]
    • 2HKO 57 Eff. Mt [32 Atk]
  • Vs 5* Lv40 Olwen
    • OHKO 64 Eff. Mt [36 Atk]
    • 2HKO 47 Eff. Mt [27 Atk]
  • Vs 5* Lv40 Reinhardt
    • OHKO 63 Eff. Mt [35 Atk]
    • 2HKO 45 Eff. Mt [25 Atk]
  • Vs 5* Lv40 Sully
    • OHKO 66 Eff. Mt [37 Atk]
    • 2HKO 45 Eff. Mt [25 Atk]

*Assuming all of the above have neutral res and are not carrying Res or HP buffs in any way. +HP/+Res provides each unit with +3 HP/Res accordingly, which you can do the math for to figure out the requirements. For instance, F!Robin with 40 Atk can OHKO -Res or -HP Jagen, as long as they aren't +HP/-Res or vice versa.

Implying that:

• Base Lv 40 5* F!Robin can 2HKO any of the blue Cavs
    • Without a Rally/Hone/Spur Atk buff, she can OHKO any blue cav except Jagen
    • With a a Rally/Hone/Spur Atk buff, she can OHKO any cav
  • Base Lv 40 4* F!Robin can 2HKO any of the blue Cavs
    • With a Rally/Hone/Spur Atk buff, she can OHKO any cav except Jagen
  • Base Lv 40 3* F!Robin can 2HKO any of the blue Cavs except Jagen
    • With a Rally/Hone/Spur Atk buff, she can 2HKO Jagen
    • With a Rally/Hone/Spur Atk buff, she can OHKO Reinhardt

*All Atk buffs are assumed to give +4, as coming from Sharena and her free Rally Attack, you have an easy +4 Attack to work with

Bear in mind that she'll take a hit back from Olwen and Reinhardt, but it won't hurt that much, and B Tomebreaker will be active after you get attacked, making sure that you attack twice vs Olwen and Reinhardt for the Super Duper effective damage.

None of the above calcs accomodate for Glowing Ember/Ignis's damage boosts of +50% of your Def or +80% of your Def (3* or 4/5*), so keep that in mind if you're using F!Robin in your arena team, like I am.

Anyway, I underlined the Lv40 stats for F!Robin's Atk and her Effective Atk vs the blues in the spoiler, so you can see where she's at. Short version; If you have 2000 feathers to dump into Robin, deploy her with Sharena and you should be able to handle them all with ease. Sharena can check Eldigan and Sanaki, while F!Robin checks the other 4. Lachesis and Klein aren't super threatening and can be checked by the other half of your team. Go with a 4* and you're covered pretty well.

Edited by Elieson

So a team of Sharena, Robin, Olivia, and Tiki this time?  I guess I can make it work!  Though Sharena/Robin will need quite a few levels to be viable, and Lucina's a problem again.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

So a team of Sharena, Robin, Olivia, and Tiki this time?  I guess I can make it work!  Though Sharena/Robin will need quite a few levels to be viable, and Lucina's a problem again.

4* Sharena checks Robin pretty hard from level 30 or so, and i did all the math for you to see what you need to make your robin work. Olivia dance support should be alright...which Tiki do you has/

Just now, Elieson said:

4* Sharena checks Robin pretty hard from level 30 or so, and i did all the math for you to see what you need to make your robin work. Olivia dance support should be alright...which Tiki do you has/

The Tiki that isn't doubled by everything under the sun.  No ranged counter, but who cares?

It's a bit more magic damage than I like, but I'll figure out a way to make it work.

Lol, switching out Julia for 4* F!Robin has immediately created a big hole in my team. I could depend on Julia to pretty much nuke any Blue in the world, and even heavily dent Greens, but now things are a bit rough with F!Robin's specialized kit. I still won in Advanced without losses, but it was much scarier. Not looking forward to the split map...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol, switching out Julia for 4* F!Robin has immediately created a big hole in my team. I could depend on Julia to pretty much nuke any Blue in the world, and even heavily dent Greens, but now things are a bit rough with F!Robin's specialized kit. I still won in Advanced without losses, but it was much scarier. Not looking forward to the split map...

I know the feeling...I use Julia with Olivia to 2HKO most reds too. Even with WTD she slaughters pretty much anything that has 1 Mov or more. Not sure how to quite rebalance my team yet given that the only other bonus units i have are Jagen and Sully, both of which are 3*

Yeah, my Arena team is also going to be hurting with this new round of bonuses.

I do have some Jagens around, one that was even a 4* character, but I decided to go with F!Robin and spent 2k feathers on her so she can become a 4* character. I am debating if I should 5* her once I get my 2k feathers back (I was right at 20k), but I want to level up F!Robin first and see if I can make it within the top 30000.

10k or less is more or less impossible with my current roster, so I guess I have to aim for a comfortable score within the 10k-30k range. I'm hoping having a 4* unit that needs to be trained won't hurt my ranking too much...