Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

I assume the new set of bonus heroes comes in tomorrow. Any idea who will be in it aside from Camus?

No new bonus heroes next week. This arena set is continuing until the 20th. I'm assuming its because they are trying to make up for time as the Ike banner ran for 3 weeks instead of the usual 2.

Tier 18 score of 4846  (no deaths, no surrenders; Nowi +1/+2, Sharena, 5*, Eirika, Nino +3; 690, 690, 690, 688, 696, 698, 694):

• Jun 9 12:30AM - #1027 (/6290 to Tier 19)
  • Jun 9 3:00PM - #1200 (/6322 to Tier 19)
  • Jun 10 3:40PM - #1428 (/6382 to Tier 19)
  • Jun 12 3:15PM - #1819 (/6462 to Tier 19)

Numbers look pretty steady overall. My lazily unchanged defense team picked up two more wins. I guess I'll have to be more diligent again from tomorrow until my first defense win (hopefully) happens.

I also got to 19! Was barely in the top third of the people moved up, though, which means I'm probably not going to make it into the 35% threshold for 20 this time around unless I can somehow improve my score to at least 4850.

Also didn't get any defense feathers. I did get enough to hit 20k again, although I'm holding off on using them to upgrade Alfonse in case the next GHB turns out to have a character I'd like to upgrade and use in his place. Not like I'll have the stamina to train him anytime soon, anyway.

Managed to stay in Tier 20 thanks to Wishiwashiing for Bride Caeda and building my Aether Fae. Ended up at Rank 128 an hour before the arena closed.

If you'd have asked me a week ago how I would perform this season, I would not have guessed I'd have bothered to actually try to stay in Tier 20.

Well, with the larger number of players in Tier 20 this coming season, I think I can now turn on cruise control forever. On the other hand, if I teach Tharja Aether and snipe the highest score in my score range, I might be able to push to 5,166 points this coming season...

Score of 5106 (T20) nets 5400 feathers, 4 orbs, and a ticket back to T19. I'll probably try swapping Hector back out for Nino next season...it'll be a bit of an adjustment to go from a heavily EP-oriented playstyle to hyper-offense with 2 -blade mages (Nino & Caeda), but I'll see how it goes.

2,500 feathers for 4,710 offence score;
   900 feathers for 574 defence score;
1,700 feathers and 3 orbs for demoting from tier 18 to tier 17.

5,100 feathers and 3 orbs overall. Nice!

Got my 6400 feathers!  I made the cut for 20!  :D:

Won't be staying there.  I barely made it in with my mergeless team.  (Actually just boosted Reinhardt to +1 last night, but obvs that isn't going to do much to raise my score.)  

Next season is gonna be chill cause I'm going to be demoted no matter what, so I don't have to worry about getting deathless, eheheh.  :lol:

Didn't really put much effort this week as I didn't have the resources to get into Tier 20.

Score: 4643

Defense: 572, 180*

Tier: 19 --> 18

Total Rewards: 5200 Feathers + 4 Orbs

Because of TT, I didn't feel like putting out a proper defense team since it would require switching out skill sets.  I put my TT sack team (Lv17 5* Peri / Lv4 1* Lissa / Lv22 1* Sophia / Lv1 4* Nowi) for defense after acquiring all possible arena awards; they managed to get one defense at 180 points.

Edited by Kalibur

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Got my 6400 feathers!  I made the cut for 20!  :D:

Won't be staying there.  I barely made it in with my mergeless team.  (Actually just boosted Reinhardt to +1 last night, but obvs that isn't going to do much to raise my score.)  

Next season is gonna be chill cause I'm going to be demoted no matter what, so I don't have to worry about getting deathless, eheheh.  :lol:

Just wondering what your team is and what your overall score was. I might try for tier 20 if the cutoff isn't too high

Season 19 (1.3.0 S5) Results:

Score: 4,780
Defense: 0

JF6GIGf.png

There was no strategic reason to swap out Nino for Julia -- I just wanted to try something different.  Olivia gained some new skills, and is now a +1 4* merge, and I finally got Threaten Spd 3 on Ike.  I got really lazy with the arena this week, with almost all of my playtime for this game going towards the Tempest Trials.  If I burned some crests and went score fishing, maybe I could have squeeked by into Tier 19.  

Season 19 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

aHyJUyn.png

One day I'll get a salvageable version of this goddess, some day...

6z7xd5V.png

It's been a long time since I've seen regular Camilla in the arena, and this guy went all out.  The addition of an inheritable DC axe I feel is something that would really complement a build like this.

Nybtb1U.png

"Lucky" me, running into someone with the Quickened Pulse seal already.  It was on a horse team too, but thankfully on the oasis map.  A "fuck you Nino" build if I've ever seen one.  I'm almost disappointed he didn't have Distant Defense. 

Previous Season Results:

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Just wondering what your team is and what your overall score was. I might try for tier 20 if the cutoff isn't too high

Team was Ryoma, Hector, Reinhardt, and Olivia (All 5* with full skills). 

My score was 4832.  I was matched up with teams in the 686 to 694 range. :^_^:

Edited by Infinite Dreams

After a ton of trouble early on in the season, I finally got a deathless run with my top 5* team in the last hour, and am advancing to tier 18.

Team: Hector, Eirika, Soren, Sharena (all 5*, no merges)

Score: 4816 (personal best)

Tier: 17 -> 18

I complained much about faciong teams of +3 to +5 merged units earlier in the week, and it wasn't easy, but in the end I pulled off a deathless run and got in the top 1000 for tier 17.
I think the bonus units are the same for next week, so hopefully I can pull this off again and advance to tier 19.

A2WAvol.png

For anyone curious about the cutoffs, my score before this run was 4960 which was ranked around 21,000 an hour before season's end.

Cutoff rank to reach tier 18 was just over 19,000, so that would be just over 4700 I'd guess. Meaning you could probably get 1 death with a full 5* team and still advance to 18.

Spoiler

3yRoXrA.png