Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

46 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I got my Camus all promoted (thanks to the month's feathers and HM helping me reach that 20k threshold~) and level 40 now, ready and waiting to be deployed at the vortex. I placed him Vantage, Moonbow, and Swap, but I still need to get Vantage to 3, and need Hinata for the Fury~

17 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Mine's sitting at level 30 and 4 stars right now.

My Camus is 5*, w/ Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, and Reposition. I had been waiting and prepared for his arrival! The only thing he needs now is a good offensive special, but his native special is fine for now. Plus, the AOE specials are going to be good in the vortex, since you keep your charge levels between rounds.

In any case, just advanced to Tier 18! I have 6k+ feathers, and am very tempted to spend some of them, to do things like give Hector Vantage 3.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2,500 feathers from 4,774 offence points; 3 orbs and 1,800 (I guess?) feathers from ranking up to tier 18.

And then I got randomly disconnected so I can’t be sure regarding the promotion gains.

20,000 feathers ready for Camus!

33 minutes ago, Astellius said:

My Camus is 5*, w/ Fury 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cav, and Reposition. I had been waiting and prepared for his arrival! The only thing he needs now is a good offensive special, but his native special is fine for now. Plus, the AOE specials are going to be good in the vortex, since you keep your charge levels between rounds.

In any case, just advanced to Tier 18! I have 6k+ feathers, and am very tempted to spend some of them, to do things like give Hector Vantage 3.

I thought so. I can always change back to Camus's built-in special anytime. Then there's also Leo, Merric, Navarre, Hawkeye, Ursula, who all have decent AoE specials to work with. Yeah. Good idea. :)

Edited by Lyrai

10 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I thought so. I can always change back to Camus's built-in special anytime. Then there's also Leo, Merric, Navarre, Hawkeye, Ursula, who all have decent AoE specials.

Well, aren't all of the AOE specials good, if you can use them? I mean, the main problem behind the AOE skills is that they take 5 bouts to charge, but, by that point, you should pretty much be done with the battle. Here, you get to carry over the charges, so now they actually become good. You'll be able to start some battles with the ability to decimate the enemy forces. These are just my thoughts on the matter.

Healers also become useful, since you'll have to do a lot of battles in a row.

26 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Well, aren't all of the AOE specials good, if you can use them? I mean, the main problem behind the AOE skills is that they take 5 bouts to charge, but, by that point, you should pretty much be done with the battle. Here, you get to carry over the charges, so now they actually become good. You'll be able to start some battles with the ability to decimate the enemy forces. These are just my thoughts on the matter.

Healers also become useful, since you'll have to do a lot of battles in a row.

For story context AOE is always pretty good

Its when it activates Vantage that it become a small issue

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ooooh... All right. I couldn't remember if the orbs went up or not. I wonder if they'll do something like that in the future... However I doubt it. 5 orbs a week seems a little too generous.

It's not much more generous than 4. I'm guessing eventually they'll add more tiers beyond 20, because 20 will eventually get pretty easy to reach for dedicated players, so those will probably go up to at least 5 orbs.

Season 18 (1.3.0 S4) Results:

Score: 4,776
Defense: 0

CM2L2Cg.png

Probably as close to a "primary core" as I've ever had.  Like with most -blade tome buff teams, it is both effective and very easy to use.  At my score range I rarely encounter super merges with this team, but as a consequence it doesn't score particularly high.  It was more than good enough to increase my rank this time, but we'll see if that will be the case next week.  Olivia, being a non-merged 4* with two empty skill slots, drags my score down a bit.  I'm considering grinding up her SP some more and giving her two filler skills, but I'm not sure that will be enough to push 4.8K.  Does anyone know if skills like Knock Back or Lunge give the same amount of points as the traditional 3-tier skills? 

Season 18 Hall of Fame:

Spoiler

yZtR42f.png

This mother handed me my one and only death this season -- which eventually snowballed into an outright loss.  It was on the indoor castle map with all the breakable blocks, and I miscalculated how he would move in conjunction with a dance from Olivia.  It was a three-red team interestingly enough, supported by a Julia.    

Previous Season Results:

Apparently a score of 4559 got me into T17... This does not bode well for me. At all. My matches are basically 3v4 atm, since Sharena is only Lvl 30 as a 4*, so I mainly rely on Ryoma, Hector and Rein to do the heavy lifting for me. On Defence, my main double blue core of Catria/Rein is netting me solid wins, with Lucina/Ryoma ( to deal with manaketes and green mages respectively ) thrown in for good measure

Already got my deathless streak done cause I'm impatient.  The arena is fun, what can I say? :lol:  It went super smoothly.  These maps are definitely my faves!  

Offense score of 4832.  Gonna try to raise it later in the week with the free swords.  I'm in Tier 19 currently. 

Team: Ryoma, Hector, Reinhardt, Olivia (All 5*, no merges)

1 hour ago, Luchi said:

Apparently a score of 4559 got me into T17... This does not bode well for me. At all. My matches are basically 3v4 atm, since Sharena is only Lvl 30 as a 4*, so I mainly rely on Ryoma, Hector and Rein to do the heavy lifting for me.

Your tier doesn't affect your arena matchmaking at all. There is nothing bad about going up a tier unless you somehow don't like feathers and orbs.

Tier 18 FTP! im happy, now i cant reach tier 19 because i dont have any unit 40 +i only win 670 per combat then ill go to 17, I played Ike, Sharena, Nino, Azura. I think tier 18 FTP is a good meta, but ill keep playing. 

I'm a bit disappointed with the game because there is no option to keep in tier 18, u only can go to 19 or 17 :(. 

Only one defense 572 points WITHOUT hero of the season :)

I think I like these defensive maps better. 2 crests gets a streak of 5082 (T20), which is Rank 75 (current requirement to hold is 124)...I guess other people like the defensive maps better too =P .

Teams faced:

Spoiler

ImRjOQ3.png

I forgot to record the first team's merge levels.

Rauðrrraven Tharja + Assist-less Azura new meta.

The Distant Counter + Swordbreaker Eirikas kinda confuse me, since imo her stat line really isn't a good fit for trying to do both O.o ...

3 defense wins, highest score is 586 (interestingly, the rep unit for all 3 is Sharena).

Edited by LordFrigid

Took me 2 hours and 12 crests, but I finally got a deathless run. I remember being fond of this map rotation the first time I played it, but this week, the defensive tiles allowed way to many enemies to survive with single digit HP, which always ended up costing me a death. I'm also hating Wings of Mercy right now, especially when it's on a dancer.

I'll need to do the June quests cause I only have one Crest left... I remember when I had 60 of those.

At least I have a score of 4870, currently granting me rank 138 in Tier 18, which hopefully will allow me to promote to Tier 19 next season.

3 hours ago, Okigen said:

*sigh* I really need a Rein or Eirika banner to reach tier 20...

No you don't. Right now Tier 19 is composed entirely of people who moved up from Tier 18 last week. I ranked in the top 300 with a score of 4864. With 51xx people in the Tier, the top 1900ish will be able to advance to Tier 20. If I can get a similar score again this week, I should easily make the cut.

Your score of 4960 should be way more than enough to make it to Tier 20, and with Tier 20 expanding, you should have a pretty good chance of staying there.

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Only one defense 572 points WITHOUT hero of the season :)

It's impossible to get a defense score that high without a bonus hero.

@LordFrigid what are the awards in Tier 20? How many feathers if you stay and how many if you fall down to Tier 19?

Got deathless on my second run because apparently my team is solo'd by vantage proc'd Hector with bonfire LELELEL

Even so, I got a new high score of 4,778 points! WOO HOO!

I never got a team that went lower than 680 which is great! I saw A LOT of crazy merges though. Like a +5 Julia with Fury 2 putting her at 35 speed XD. Tier 18 really is crazy. Seems to be filled with lower degree whales. Not even sure how I survived (Well I am sure because Nino pretty much killed everyone in almost every match).

No defense win yet, and my current rank in tier (Tier 18) as of now is 770 with the cut-off being 4,096 for promotion! WOO HOO!

Now lets hope the game doesn't cheese me and I end up getting shrek'd!

My team as follows:

Spoiler

Azura [+SPD/-HP] 5 stars

Spoiler

36 HP / 43 ATK / 39 SPD / 21 DEF / 28 RES
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Special: N/A
Passive A: Speed +3
Passive B: Escape Route 3
Passive C: Hone Atk 3
Sacred Seal: HP +3

Lyn [+HP/-DEF] 5 stars

Spoiler

41 HP / 44 ATK / 37 SPD / 23 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Sol Katti
Assist: Reposition
Special: Galeforce
Passive A: Defiant Atk 3
Passive B: Brash Assault 3
Passive C: Spur Spd 3
Sacred Seal: Spur Def 1

Nino [+ATK/-DEF] 5 stars

Spoiler

33 HP / 53 ATK / 39 SPD / 19 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

Sharena [Neutral] -- 4 Stars

Spoiler

40 HP / 41 ATK / 33 SPD / 26 DEF / 20 RES
Weapon: Silver Lance
Assist: Rally Attack
Passive B: N/A
Passive C: Fortify Def 2
Sacred Seal: Fortify Res 1

41 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Took me 2 hours and 12 crests, but I finally got a deathless run

People can give me shade about not clearing Camus in one try, but as long as it doesn't take me that long to get a deathless run, I think I'm satisfied heh

No offense to you though, since your score is quite a bit higher than mine anyway and I'm pretty sure you have triple my 5 stars XD

Just now, Arcanite said:

Got deathless on my second run because apparently my team is solo'd by vantage proc'd Hector with bonfire LELELEL

Even so, I got a new high score of 4,778 points! WOO HOO!

I never got a team that went lower than 680 which is great! I saw A LOT of crazy merges though. Like a +5 Julia with Fury 2 putting her at 35 speed XD. Tier 18 really is crazy. Seems to be filled with lower degree whales. Not even sure how I survived (Well I am sure because Nino pretty much killed everyone in almost every match).

No defense win yet, and my current rank in tier (Tier 18) as of now is 770 with the cut-off being 4,096 for promotion! WOO HOO!

Now lets hope the game doesn't cheese me and I end up getting shrek'd!

My team as follows:

Reveal hidden contents

Azura [+SPD/-HP] 5 stars

Reveal hidden contents

36 HP / 43 ATK / 39 SPD / 21 DEF / 28 RES
Weapon: Sapphire Lance+
Assist: Sing
Passive B: Escape Route 3
Sacred Seal: HP +3

Lyn [+HP/-DEF] 5 stars

Reveal hidden contents

41 HP / 44 ATK / 37 SPD / 23 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Sol Katti
Assist: Reposition
Special: Galeforce
Passive A: Defiant Atk 3
Passive B: Brash Assault 3
Passive C: Spur Spd 3
Sacred Seal: Spur Def 1

Nino [+ATK/-DEF] 5 stars

Reveal hidden contents

33 HP / 53 ATK / 39 SPD / 19 DEF / 29 RES
Weapon: Gronnblade+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Draconic Aura
Passive A: Fury 3
Passive B: Desperation 3
Sacred Seal: Attack +1

Sharena [Neutral] -- 4 Stars

Reveal hidden contents

40 HP / 41 ATK / 33 SPD / 26 DEF / 20 RES
Weapon: Silver Lance
Assist: Rally Attack
Passive B: N/A
Passive C: Fortify Def 2
Sacred Seal: Fortify Res 1

People can give me shade about not clearing Camus in one try, but as long as it doesn't take me that long to get a deathless run, I think I'm satisfied heh

No offense to you though, since your score is quite a bit higher than mine anyway and I'm pretty sure you have triple my 5 stars XD

I didn't clear Camus in one try either...

I think having a Lucina+4 along with a +2 and two +1 may be what caused me so much trouble.

For exemple, I met a Rauðrblade+ Leo with Close Counter and QR who survived with 1 HP against my Sanaki and then got fully healed by a Reciprocal Aid Titania. He was sitting on a Defensive tile, Sanaki had 4 HP left and everyone else got 1RKOed if not outright 1HKOed despite being at full HP and I had no way of getting everyone out of his range. This was 6 match into a run. Things like that kept happening...

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I didn't clear Camus in one try either...

I knew I wasn't the only one

16 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

For exemple, I met a Rauðrblade+ Leo with Close Counter and QR who survived with 1 HP against my Sanaki and then got fully healed by a Reciprocal Aid Titania. He was sitting on a Defensive tile, Sanaki had 4 HP left and everyone else got 1RKOed if not outright 1HKOed despite being at full HP and I had no way of getting everyone out of his range. This was 6 match into a run. Things like that kept happening...

Dang that sucks

Well at least you have deathless now so the nightmare is over XD I still have over 30 crests too.

51 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

No you don't. Right now Tier 19 is composed entirely of people who moved up from Tier 18 last week. I ranked in the top 300 with a score of 4864. With 51xx people in the Tier, the top 1900ish will be able to advance to Tier 20. If I can get a similar score again this week, I should easily make the cut.

Your score of 4960 should be way more than enough to make it to Tier 20, and with Tier 20 expanding, you should have a pretty good chance of staying there.

It's impossible to get a defense score that high without a bonus hero.

@LordFrigid what are the awards in Tier 20? How many feathers if you stay and how many if you fall down to Tier 19?

Really? Last week only top 600 moved to Tier 20 and I was like, 900 :(

@Arcanite @LuxSpes Step up your game

Arena is looking to be incredibly easy this week, so I'm going to ride off of the free crests instead of rushing for deathless. I probably will get demoted to T18 anyway, which I'm fine with since the rewards are about the same.

Xander with Fury and Fortify Cavalry has 59 Def on a fort. Camus has the best offensive parameters out of anyone in my army aside from Nino after Fury and Hone Cavalry, with 58 Atk and 42 Spd; Nino has 63 Atk  and 47 Spd in my current setup with Sharena but can hit at most 65 with Ephraim. I love this team.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Wow, I really got up to Tier 17... Now I need to be prepared to going to back to Tier 16 at the end of this season, there is no way for me to survive this lv :sweatdrop:

1 minute ago, Okigen said:

Yeah, Tier 19 was really small last week because the only way to be in it was to get the top cut in every arena season after the update (and to have started playing the game from the beginning). All of the lower Tiers are much larger due to multiple ways to enter them. Tier 19 has over 5000 people this week. From now on you should have a relatively easy path up to Tier 20.

I actually lucked out a few weeks back when I forgot to finish a deathless arena run (had 1 battle to go and 2 swords just waiting to be used), because I only moved up 1 Tier instead of 2 that week. I've had an easy path to Tier 19 due to the larger groups of people. Had I moved up 2 Tiers that week, I would have been in the same boat as you this week.

58 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

what are the awards in Tier 20? How many feathers if you stay and how many if you fall down to Tier 19?

3,000 feathers and 4 orbs if you stay in Tier 20. 2,000 feathers and 4 orbs if you fall to Tier 19.

40 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

One reason I like running a defensively oriented (i.e. counter kill) team, especially on weeks with fortification tiles: you get to decide where your opponent stands when you enter combat.

13 minutes ago, Okigen said:

I believe he meant in the long-term. Once the top tiers start to saturate after a week or two, your score will be more than enough to not only reach Tier 20, but to stay there.

Anyways, I have no delusions of being able to hold my position in Tier 20 this week. Unless I somehow have enough SP to teach Aether to every one of my units or pull another 4 Bride Caedas.

Actually... both of those actually sound somewhat doable.

Only did 3 matches with the free crests today, but I was surprised just how easy the matches were compared to yesterday, and for the same point totals too (686-688 range). I'm not sure why things have gotten easier in tier 19 compared to 18. I scrambled to get a higher total yesterday so I'd move up, since I was just about to fall out of the top 5100 to move up with 4,796 score. Blew a bunch of crests and surrendered some matches (which I've never done since I don't like wasting crests like that) and shot up to around the 2,300th place with 4,814 points. Had some really hard matches with some absurd merge level enemies and nasty map picks for the teams I had to fight.(cav team+dancer on that double breakable wall map is awful and broke my streak a couple of times). I was seeing shit like +7 Reinhardt and +3-5 on average of everything else.

But today? No/low merges and some odd units/skill builds instead of the standard top tier stuff. Like a +2 Florina with a Carrot Lance, or a +1 Eirika with Seal Speed and Defiant Attack.

I doubt I'll be able to move up to 20 with the scores I'm able to get, but I'll take these comfy easier matches at least. Tier 20 would be cool, but rewards-wise I'm fine bouncing between 18-19 if I have to.

Edited by Alkaid