Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

23 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also in the forest map, does anyone else's units turn the wrong direction? Has this always been the case?

Player’s units always face right, enemy units always face left.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, I caved and ended up doing another arena run after all (paid 2 swords).

Hide contents

I think I'm just going to lazy my way into a 4k run next week and bounce between 18 and 19. Hate Sharena so much.

Was going for Askr promo next, whats so bad about Sharena?

Managed to salvage a trainwreck of an arena battle through a lot of Vantage. Wouldn't have maintained a deathless streak if I still needed one, but it was still funny.

Xander/Camus/Sharena/Hector vs Klein/Azura/Hector/Ike. Tried to have Xander take on Klein, but I hadn't bothered to check for Wings of Mercy, which resulted in Azura teleporting in and killing him and then Hector teleporting in and knocking Camus to 1 HP. (Azura was injured from killing Xander because he'd gotten Vantage+Bonfire to hit her back hard, which resulted in Hector being able to teleport to her.) Sharena was able to beat Ike 1v1 easily, but with Camus injured, I sent Hector over to try to fight Klein and the enemy Hector, and he did a bit of damage but quickly got killed. So I had Sharena and 1 HP Camus against Hector, Klein, and Azura. Fortunately Camus also had Vantage, and Klein and Azura were low enough in HP that he could take each of them out in one hit, but he needed to charge Moonbow to kill Hector so he had to do a lot of running around to first bait Klein and Azura and kill them, then take out Hector. It worked eventually, though.

Edited by Othin

14 minutes ago, JSND said:

She doesn't fucking do anything. That's her problem. 32/32 offenses doesn't mean jack when you're fighting people with multiple merges (32 speed might've been enough when everyone's units were slow as molasses, but that's not the case anymore with merges, good amount of +Spd boons, Fury 3, etc.) And, defense wise, Alfonse is actually tankier because, again, her speed tier gets worse and worse as time goes on because everyone gets +Spd, merges, and A-slot speed skills. If they're both getting doubled, Alfonse's higher bulk wins out.

Part of it is also because my blue lances are pretty fucking good, and she can't even come close to filling their shoes. (Cordelia and Azura are some hard shoes to fill. I actually tried taking out Cordelia for her, but Sharena ended up being so useless that I had to take out Azura, give Sharena reposition, and use Sharena as the worst fucking dancer ever.)

Maybe I'm just spoiled by how good Alfonse was at one-shotting greens. He wasn't quite as good as Lucina, obviously, but he filled her slot on the team without problems. Sharena, on the other hand, is comparable to replacing Lucina with 4* Navarre in terms of how quickly the quality dropped. (Edit: Of course, if I gave Sharena Brave Lance and L&D she'll probably do a 'barely acceptable' Cordelia impersonation, but fuck dropping 40k feathers on her. I'll just build up some good ranged units for when I can't use a dancer because she's wasting a team-slot.)

Edited by DehNutCase

22 minutes ago, JSND said:

She isn't. She has a balanced stat spread and plays mostly a supporting role.

DehNutCase does make a good point in how her ceiling gets lower over time since +Spd, Fury, and merges exist. Mine does fine with just Fury / QR though.

I'm surprised at the division of tiers. Going off my results, The bottom 30% of Tier 15 scores as high as the top 20-30% of Tier 14.

I like that the division is so clear. But it's approximately as easy to jump from Tier 14 to 16 than it is to simply hang on in 15 without getting booted. Perhaps jumping multiple tiers should be impossible past 13 or so where players power levels become much closer

Edited by Gustavos

8 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Based on total BST? Perhaps it would be nice if you also include the numbers, but essentially, my team probably is in the low score range due to being mostly a horse emblem, I guess.

Stat total means almost nothing now.

Low means really low. Like if using your defense team as your offense team gets you per-match advanced scores of 600 or lower. That kind of low.

Welp, I was able to do another 7 fights and got a new high score: 4634... If nothing happens in 1 and a half hour, I'm going to go up to Tier 17. Rank 13,222 in Tier 16, this one is probably going to change

Also, I got 290 points of defense! 500 feathers are fine! Camus is going to be a 5* in 1 and a half hour! Yaaaay!

Tier 17 Score of 4842 (no surrenders; no deaths; 694, 692, 690, 692, 688, 692, 694; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +2):

• Jun 5 3:00AM PT - #799 (/13 885 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 5 3:20PM PT - #857 (/15 038 to Tier 18)

Whoa, that final rush. +1000 to the size of the promotion cut-off. Also had 3 more defense wins suddenly appear overnight for a grand total of 8. Nothing higher than 578, though.

13 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

How on earth did I get 11 defense wins this season?  So random.  :huh:

My team is nothing too special.  Hector, Ryoma, Rein, and Olivia.  I guess Reinhardt is always a pain to deal with.

All 4 of your units are a pain to deal with. Especially if Ryoma or Hector have Vantage.

Looks like there will be 5,158 people in Tier 19 next week. Since i'm rank 341 I should be able to easily make the cut up to Tier 20 in the following week.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:45 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Arena Update~

My score of 4,810 is currently ranked 2,362 in Tier 18, which is quite a ways from the cutoff of 5,094 at the moment. Is Tier 19 possible?

Also, finally got my defense win for this week, worth 578 points.

Current Team:

Reveal hidden contents

Xander

Reveal hidden contents
  • Siegfried
  • Swap
  • Bonfire
  • Fury 3
  • Quick Riposte 2
  • Spur Def 3
  • HP +3

Nino (+Spd -Def)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Gronnblade+
  • Draw Back
  • Moonbow
  • Fury 3
  • Desperation 3
  • Hone Atk 3
  • Spd +1

Sharena

Reveal hidden contents
  • Fensalir
  • Rally Speed
  • Bonfire
  • Fury 3
  • Quick Riposte 2
  • Hone Atk 3
  • Fortify Res 1

Effie (+Def -Spd)

Reveal hidden contents
  • Silver Lance+
  • Pivot
  • Bonfire
  • Death Blow 3
  • Wary Fighter 3
  • Threaten Def 3
  • Atk +1

The payout's being issued early? Wow.

• 4,810 points nets the maximum offense reward of 2,500 feathers.
  • 578 points nets the maximum defense reward of 900 feathers.
  • Promotion from Tier 18 --> Tier 19 nets an additional 2,000 feathers, as well as 4 orbs.

Total gains: 5,400 feathers, 4 orbs.

I doubt I can make Tier 20, though. I'll enjoy hovering between 18 and 19 at least!

Got demoted after a final rush to get Olivia the SP to inherit Fury 3, after I got an unexpected Hinata summon. Managed to teach her Fury 3, and as I expected, teams gave me more points than with HP+5. However... They gave me MUCH more points! So many points, that the teams were usually very hard, with lots of high-end merges and of course not a single half-assed SI. Ended up losing one unit in my 6th battle when there was 10 minutes remaining ;_;

Anyway, next week I'll easily go back to 18, at least, and if things progress logically, I'll end up going up into 19 as well the next. If I manage to rebound from 18 to 19 eternally, I'll be happy.

*swims in feathers*

I really like the reward system for the Arena now. Before, based on feathers alone, I might be able to promote a unit ever 6 (maybe 5) or so weeks. But with this system, it's entirely possible to 5 star a unit once a month. ...plus you get orbs. I highly doubt I'll be able to get up to 5 orbs a week, but 4 orbs a week is almost enough for a full pull.

It looks like I'll be promoting to tier 18. I've got around 17k feathers now. I may spend 2k to get Olivia a special so I can do a little bit better next season. If I do roughly the same next season, I should be up at 20k to promote Camus...

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wow, with a score of 4707, I'm at rank 10.9K out of 12.9K in tier 18; dropping down to tier 17.

Dang. I'm pretty close at that I stayed at around 4753, 10k out of 18k in tier 17, rising to tier 18 and that glorious 4 orbs spot.
Seems like staying at the 18th tier is going to be harder than expected, but I have to give it my all for this week!

My problem is the lack of defense points in these two weeks. I need to put on a better strategy to screw someone over, hence, I only got 4400 feathers.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*swims in feathers*

It looks like I'll be promoting to tier 18. I've got around 17k feathers now. I may spend 2k to get Olivia a special so I can do a little bit better next season. If I do roughly the same next season, I should be up at 20k to promote Camus...

I got my Camus all promoted (thanks to the month's feathers and HM helping me reach that 20k threshold~) and level 40 now, ready and waiting to be deployed at the vortex. I placed him Vantage, Moonbow, and Swap, but I still need to get Vantage to 3, and need Hinata for the Fury~

I can honestly say Camus is the best of the GHB heroes so far. Bless Saint Elimine for making my choice all the worthwhile :D

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

*swims in feathers*

I really like the reward system for the Arena now. Before, based on feathers alone, I might be able to promote a unit ever 6 (maybe 5) or so weeks. But with this system, it's entirely possible to 5 star a unit once a month. ...plus you get orbs. I highly doubt I'll be able to get up to 5 orbs a week, but 4 orbs a week is almost enough for a full pull.

4 orbs/week is the max arena reward. Tier 20 gives 1k feathers over tier 19, but no extra orbs.

25 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

I got my Camus all promoted (thanks to the month's feathers and HM helping me reach that 20k threshold~) and level 40 now, ready and waiting to be deployed at the vortex. I placed him Vantage, Moonbow, and Swap, but I still need to get Vantage to 3, and need Hinata for the Fury~

I can honestly say Camus is the best of the GHB heroes so far. Bless Saint Elimine for making my choice all the worthwhile :D

Mine's sitting at level 30 and 4 stars right now. I had been trying to grind up the majority of my characters to level 30, but I may just go ahead and push for the final 10 levels, so he's ready to go. I have access to Fury right now. I'd like to give him Vantage as well, but I'd have to promote my Lon'qu... I may just use one of my excess Gordins to give him 1 and 2 for the time being. Giving him a special will require more feathers. XD Gosh... I have a lot of work to do before next week.

20 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

4 orbs/week is the max arena reward. Tier 20 gives 1k feathers over tier 19, but no extra orbs.

Ooooh... All right. I couldn't remember if the orbs went up or not. I wonder if they'll do something like that in the future... However I doubt it. 5 orbs a week seems a little too generous.

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Mine's sitting at level 30 and 4 stars right now. I had been trying to grind up the majority of my characters to level 30, but I may just go ahead and push for the final 10 levels, so he's ready to go. I have access to Fury right now. I'd like to give him Vantage as well, but I'd have to promote my Lon'qu... I may just use one of my excess Gordins to give him 1 and 2 for the time being. Giving him a special will require more feathers. XD Gosh... I have a lot of work to do before next week.

I just promoted a Lon'qu for Vantage 3's sake recently. I had to do it.
Well... I hope it's well spent... I also need to give my Takumi Vantage as well. So I'm going to use a 4* Gordin on him for the Vantage 2, at least. :)

Keep doing your goddess's work, or anything, haha~ And don't trip over. They're your priority above all else. :D: