Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Thanks for the advice  i have enough feathers to promote one 4* to 5*  and have enough great badges for blue and colorless ones, peri is already over level 20 4* would she be a good choices other non healer options that need levelling are mathew felicia cherche cordilia fcorrin abel

22 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hmmm... You'll have to look into your 4*s, because I don't believe you don't have tools to clear this map with just this selection. Nowi only buys time, Takumi dies to everything that can hit him, and the rest obviously can't deal with Ursula.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think you might want to drop Catria for Olivia, so that Lissa can get in and heal Effie, then get the hell out of there. Effie will mop everything up for you after Ursula's death, as long as she is kept healthy vs the Axe armor.

I suppose even a lvl 20 3⋆ Olivia will suffice? All she has to do is dance Lissa and get the hell away to tuck in a corner.

Huh, Cecilia is also an interesting thought.

Edited by Vaximillian

The problem I have is that my Olivia is too weak to take 2 hits at 4* level 22. I need to raise her higher just so she can survive another enemy phase. Maybe then I'll have a bit more luck in beating Lunatic. Maybe I can take Clarine instead of Robin-M. Other problems are that the red cav will kill Camilla, and if I manage to kill the red cav, the remaining ninja and Ursula will doubleteam and kill Tharja. Maybe I should hold back on killing the top-most ninja for the sake of keeping Ursula occupied as opposed to breaking the wall. Fucking A, this map.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yep. Cecilia is the only unit that has weapon triangle advantage against colorless and is not infantry. At 4 stars, Cecilia takes 7x2 damage with =Def and deals 14 damage back with =Atk. Not great, but with healer support, she can eventually wear them down pretty safely.

You don't want her in range of Ursula, though, due to Ursula having effective damage against cavalry.

I'm missing a physically bulky blue non-infantry unit (Shanna takes way too much damage).  Just upgraded the free Subaki to 4*. Hope my theory works!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm missing a physically bulky blue non-infantry unit (Shanna takes way too much damage).  Just upgraded the free Subaki to 4*. Hope my theory works!

Subaki's going to be my go to, too. Hopefully it works out :D

Beat it on Lunatic with Takumi/Eirika/Nino/Lissa.

Spoiler

IMG_1365.thumb.PNG.c0f10e226741e03f8446503f81b92e5a.PNG

Set it up like this so Nino could ORKO Ursula w/Eirika buff and Takumi could chip the bottom thief.

IMG_1366.thumb.PNG.2ef335fdfcf083b85bd825b0493e037a.PNG

Healed Takumi and retreated like so on Turn 2.

IMG_1367.thumb.PNG.0d81a7be45eb2a7f2b999036e9ec147a.PNG

Since Takumi can just barely take one hit from anything, Rehabilitate works wonders here.

IMG_1370.thumb.PNG.2031cf0fb3c34d0b39fc8640551d5bc5.PNG

Nino finished off the armor and with both thieves out of the way (and some healing), Takumi can finish off the last sword social knight.

11 minutes ago, flare9 said:

Thanks for the advice  i have enough feathers to promote one 4* to 5*  and have enough great badges for blue and colorless ones, peri is already over level 20 4* would she be a good choices other non healer options that need levelling are mathew felicia cherche cordilia fcorrin abel

I wouldn't really recommend using feathers on any of those, but I think you can use Cherche for this map. She functions similarly to Frederick (take little damage from Thieves, kill the armor dude). However, you'll still need someone else to kill Ursula for you. Do you have F!Robin?

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I suppose even a lvl 20 3⋆ Olivia will suffice? All she has to do is dance Lissa and get the hell away to tuck in a corner.

Yeah, she doesn't need to fight.

Cecilia won't take too much damage from the Thieves, yeah, but she doesn't really damage them enough without some help with her Attack. If your Cecilia is a 4*, then Olivia's Hone Attack won't be enough.

Just now, Raven said:

The problem I have is that my Olivia is too weak to take 2 hits at 4* level 22. I need to raise her higher just so she can survive another enemy phase. Maybe then I'll have a bit more luck in beating Lunatic. Maybe I can take Clarine instead of Robin-M. Other problems are that the red cav will kill Camilla, and if I manage to kill the red cav, the remaining ninja and Ursula will doubleteam and kill Tharja. Maybe I should hold back on killing the top-most ninja for the sake of keeping Ursula occupied as opposed to breaking the wall. Fucking A, this map.

Why does she need to take a hit?

Added Nino and Frederick to the list of recommended peeps, and believe it or not, Eldigan. That man is a god on this map once Ursula dies.

Holy shit I actually fucking did it.

5* Lv40 Tharja, 4* Lv35 Clarine, 5* Lv40 Camilla, 4* Lv22 Olivia.

RieWzKY.jpg

Most of this strat is already mentioned earlier by @kickthecommie. Just a few different units and a different ending.

1. Move Camilla to Ursula range. Have Tharja set up ready/in range to hit the armour when he moves down.
2. Tharja kills the armour with Olivia's Dance giving her the second turn needed.
3. Camilla kills the lone ninja up top. Keeping Olivia and Clarine out of range is advised.
4. Next enemy phase, Ursula will come past the broken wall to attack Tharja. She survives.
5. Ursula is now dead by Camilla.
6. Tharja will step on Ursula's final resting place to take out the ninja who injured himself due to using Reciprocal Aid on Ursula after her attack from Tharja in the previous turn.
7. Move Clarine towards Tharja, heal her for shits n giggles if you want.
8. Have Olivia Dance for Clarine, and move Clarine in front of Tharja (heal Tharja again because why not?), blocking the red cav from killing Tharja.
9. Now Tharja attacks the red cav, gets Danced, and will finish the red cav with a final round of attacks.

This took way too much stamina.

Thanks @SatsumaFSoysoy, the Olivia & Lissa combination worked wonders for nice hit-and-run healing! Robin removed Ursula and then the axe armour in two turns. Effie was an army of one a one-woman steam engine of destruction, ridding the map of the thieves and the sword cavalier one by one.

6hZdpdr.png

CrhAor5.png

PX5SGE9.png

Yay me and my girls!

Edited by Vaximillian

I only had  3 5*, Takumi, Tharja and Catria. The only other fliers I had are Subaki, Cherche, Shanna, Est, Narcian and Florina.  The cavalries I had are Gunter, Eliwood, Stahl, Cecilia, and the 3* Ursula.  I also have a Draug. Who should I raise to beat Lunatic? I also have Lissa and Olivia from the free rotation.  I hope I can save feathers from these sets, F2P player here. I wish Google accept Maestro cards... *sigh* 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

9 minutes ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Will 3-star Robin hit the necessary stats to ORKO Ursula? Really don't feel like spending 2000 feathers on her, saving them to promote Sharena to 5 stars.

You'll need to get 3* Robin to level 40 to reach 31 Attack for the ORKO. Spur, Hone and Rally Atk can also do the trick if you're short of 31. Time for Sharena to earn her 5* status, eh?

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

Holy shit I actually fucking did it.

5* Lv40 Tharja, 4* Lv35 Clarine, 5* Lv40 Camilla, 4* Lv22 Olivia.

Most of this strat is already mentioned earlier by @kickthecommie. Just a few different units and a different ending.

1. Move Camilla to Ursula range. Have Tharja set up ready/in range to hit the armour when he moves down.
2. Tharja kills the armour with Olivia's Dance giving her the second turn needed.
3. Camilla kills the lone ninja up top. Keeping Olivia and Clarine out of range is advised.
4. Next enemy phase, Ursula will come past the broken wall to attack Tharja. She survives.
5. Ursula is now dead by Camilla.
6. Tharja will step on Ursula's final resting place to take out the ninja who injured himself due to using Reciprocal Aid on Ursula after her attack from Tharja in the previous turn.
7. Move Clarine towards Tharja, heal her for shits n giggles if you want.
8. Have Olivia Dance for Clarine, and move Clarine in front of Tharja (heal Tharja again because why not?), blocking the red cav from killing Tharja.
9. Now Tharja attacks the red cav, gets Danced, and will finish the red cav with a final round of attacks.

This took way too much stamina.

Ooh, no wonder you were struggling with that team. Must have been intense, huh?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks @SatsumaFSoysoy, the Olivia & Lissa combination worked wonders for nice hit-and-run healing! Robin removed Ursula and then the axe armour in two turns. Effie was an army of one a one-woman steam engine of destruction, ridding the map of the thieves and the sword cavalier one by one.

Reveal hidden contents

6hZdpdr.png

Reveal hidden contents

CrhAor5.png

Reveal hidden contents

PX5SGE9.png

Yay me and my girls!

Glad to have helped.

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Growing Thunder (5-count) [AoE magic damage, reference Young Tiki/Lilina for radius]

Like this?
Zlggmkj.png

Rising Flame is a straight horizontal line, Growing Flame is a horizontal double-straight-cross, Rising Thunder is a straight vertical line; makes sense for Growing Thunder to be a vertical double-straight-cross, am I correct?

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Like this?
Zlggmkj.png

Hide contents

Rising Flame is a straight horizontal line, Rising Flame is a horizontal double-straight-cross, Rising Thunder is a straight vertical line; makes sense for Rising Thunder to be a vertical double-straight-cross, am I correct?

Hm? Did you type Rising and Growing for both versions lol?

I believe you are right about Growing Thunder being a vertical pattern, though, judging from the way the thunder effects travelled across the ground when I got demolished by it.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hm? Did you type Rising and Growing for both versions lol?

I believe you are right about Growing Thunder being a vertical pattern, though, judging from the way the thunder effects travelled across the ground when I got demolished by it.

Well, Growing is a 9-tile version of 5-tile Rising anyway. Can update my post on AoE patterns now!

3 hours ago, XhenD said:

I beat the map on Lunatic with M!Robin, Effie, Julia and Klein. Ursula does not damage to Julia while Effie is immune to poison. The lack of red unit is compensate by using Klein und M!Robin to deal with the heavy armor guy.

I really think Effie is the key here, at chocke point she takes no damage from the ninjas, can take 2 hits from Ursula, and if you deal with the heavy armor guy quick enough, the rest will be easy.

Tried this with Henry instead of Robin and it worked excellently on the hard map, but my Effie is just 4* and the damage adds up on Lunatic. Plus while Henry took zero damage from the ninjas on hard, he actually gets hurt by them on Lunatic (plus Klein/Effie needs to step in to kill).

Might try Kagero as a counter to the ninjas and see if Nino can deal with Ursula. My F!Robin is still just 3* and I don't have enough feathers to upgrade her.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, Growing is a 9-tile version of 5-tile Rising anyway. Can update my post on AoE patterns now!

No, in the spoiler, you wrote "Rising Flame is a straight horizontal line, Rising Flame is a horizontal double-straight-cross", and same for Thunder. I was confused about that.

@Eleanore Nino can deal with Ursula just as well, but F!Robin can take care of Ursula no problem at just 3*. Kagerou is excellent for the Thieves.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, in the spoiler, you wrote "Rising Flame is a straight horizontal line, Rising Flame is a horizontal double-straight-cross", and same for Thunder. I was confused about that.

Ah, nice catch. Fixed now, thanks. I very definitely meant Growing in the second cases.

urgh I beaten on hard without much of a problem but I think I'm lacking some good units that can tank either Ursa or the ninjas. My biggest problem is that while I can beat it the units I have but all of the viable units I have are severely under levelled so they get ORKO. Or that my "tank" units lacks the range to attack them D:

Here's my rooster sorted by level:

Screenshot_2017-03-10-12-12-48.png

Screenshot_2017-03-10-12-12-56.png

As you can see most of my units are in the 20-35 level range so which units do you think I have best chance of completing and should I make my F!Robin to 4* and which ones should I focus training? Or any other tips is also helpful.

46 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Like this?
Zlggmkj.png

Reveal hidden contents

Rising Flame is a straight horizontal line, Growing Flame is a horizontal double-straight-cross, Rising Thunder is a straight vertical line; makes sense for Growing Thunder to be a vertical double-straight-cross, am I correct?

Really underwhelming in most cases. Let's face it... this scenario as in my SS will most likely never happen. It's amazing when it does happen, tho. Edit: Lvl 1 skill.

IMG_5538.JPG

Edited by TEHPWNZOR

5 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

urgh I beaten on hard without much of a problem but I think I'm lacking some good units that can tank either Ursa or the ninjas. My biggest problem is that while I can beat it the units I have but all of the viable units I have are severely under levelled so they get ORKO. Or that my "tank" units lacks the range to attack them D:

Here's my rooster sorted by level:

Hide contents

Screenshot_2017-03-10-12-12-48.png

Screenshot_2017-03-10-12-12-56.png

As you can see most of my units are in the 20-35 level range so which units do you think I have best chance of completing and should I make my F!Robin to 4* and which ones should I focus training? Or any other tips is also helpful.

I would just raise up F!Robin to level 40 (3* is fine) to replace Linde, then put Lucina in place of Elise. Kagerou, Lucina and F!Robin will basically win you the map for free, so Olivia just makes it slightly easier. Alternatively, if your Linde has more than 46 Attack, you can still keep her on your team; after Olivia's Hone Attack boost and leaving Lucina next to her for Spur Attack, she will be able to kill Ursula in one round.

4 minutes ago, TEHPWNZOR said:

Really underwhelming in most cases. Let's face it... this scenario as in my SS will most likely never happen. It's amazing when it does happen, tho. 

I think Growing Thunder has some decent potential in the Arena. The AI likes to hide enemies behind more enemies, so that'll blow em up for your teammates to finish them off.

I've been raising F!Robin and Kagero to deal with the lunatic map as it's impossible to win with the units I currently have. I can usually kill all but one of the enemies, but the remaining ninja always kills one of my units and ruins the run.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I would just raise up F!Robin to level 40 (3* is fine) to replace Linde, then put Lucina in place of Elise. Kagerou, Lucina and F!Robin will basically win you the map for free, so Olivia just makes it slightly easier. Alternatively, if your Linde has more than 46 Attack, you can still keep her on your team; after Olivia's Hone Attack boost and leaving Lucina next to her for Spur Attack, she will be able to kill Ursula in one round.

my Linde IV is +atk/-HP (very definition of glass canon), my Kagero has +spd/-hp, my Lucina is +spd/-res so yeah they all are kinda squishy in this case. If my 3* F!Robin is enough at lvl 40 then I'll just level her up with Olivia I guess. But I'll try if I can do it with Linde, Lucina, Olivia and Kagero for now. If anyone else got other tips I'll like to hear them as well.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Any high-Def armor, cavalry, or flying unit should work fine to tank the thieves (they have only 33 Atk and no bonus damage against non-infantry units). If you already have Robin (F) with enough Atk to one-round kill Ursula (the tile directly down-right from the 3rd start position can only be targeted by Ursula on the first turn), let Ursula kill herself on you on the first turn, then take it slow with your tank.

Thanks for that! I did have Camilla but it took a bit of tinkering to figure out what I needed to do.

The Team:

- +Atk/-Spd Level 40 5* M!Robin
- +Spd/-HP Level 40 5* Camilla
- +Res/-Atk Level 40 4* Olivia
- neutral Level 39 4* F!Robin (Level 40 after killing Ursula)

Swapped Marth for F!Robin who was already Level 39 4* thanks to training with Sully before. Aegis messed up a couple of my attempts. Thankfully, even a -Spd Level 40 5* M!Robin can double the Sword Cavalier under Defiant Speed. People were getting close to dying thanks to the north Ninja's Savage Blow, but M!Robin proved how tanky he can be against three Ninja strikes. Though +Atk M!Robin does need Atk buffs to kill the Ninja, else he'll be one HP shy and die from two more attacks. Literally 1 HP shy. It hurt seeing that. I assume neutral/-Atk variants won't be able to kill Ninjas unless boosted hard.

F!Robin truly shined by killing Ursula on first turn, hitting the Armor coming back, then killing the Armor later with Olivia's Dance. Ignis hit the Armor after the Aegis proc so a lot of damage wasn't mitigated.

Camilla tanked the north Ninja until all the other enemies were cleared. Got her into position to kill the Ninja distracted by her. Despite being -HP, she lasted enough turns to not die. She took 5 HP per hit. Can't recall if she had enough power to kill the Ninja in one shot.

With Savage Blow, Olivia was at risk of dying to the Sword Cavalier that would come running through the passageway. She even had to stare down the Cavalier to dance M!Robin. Stupid Aegis, surviving the Bonfire strike.

The Steps

1) Hone Atk M!Robin and F!Robin. I can't recall the effect for F!Robin though I assume she wouldn't need it. M!Robin will need those buffs.

2) Put M!Robin and F!Robin together along the passage.

3) Ursula will die to F!Robin but the Ninja will survive. Cavalier pulls him back.

4) F!Robin hits the Armor and gets danced so she can move to Camilla's south, who's positioned north to distract the Ninja. M!Robin moves in a way to kill the Ninja when Ninja initiates attack.

5) Camilla tanks but Savage Blow hurts F!Robin and Olivia. M!Robin is pretty much on his last breath.

6) Sword Cavalier has moved to being west of the Armor.

7) M!Robin severely wounds the Cavalier and F!Robin finishes off the Armor. Olivia has to dance for M!Robin to kill Cavalier.

8) Camilla moves so now the Ninja starts moving. I make sure that Camilla can be danced for four attacks the next turn if need be.

9) Camilla one-rounds the Ninja. Map clear!

Phew! Glad I didn't need to train anyone during the map's period. Still going strong with having all the Grand Hero Battle units and variants.