Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

hmmm. Maybe bait with a more levelled up Caeda?

She's useless. She can barely damage anything or take any hits in return. The only thing good about her is her speed (and maybe res). I've also seen others say she's pretty bad. She does have an armorslayer for armors, but that's Freddy's job (except for sword armors, which male Robin takes care of).

Edited by Anacybele

Or maybe you can keep Palla? Just have a mage or something to deal heavy damage and she can finish him off with her special attack.

Then again, I'm speaking from last-5-minutes experience, hahaha.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Talking about the Michalis battle, what else? xP

Yeah, I edited in a bit of clarification. It looks like I was tagged as one of the people to settle some sort of bet?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still need to know how exactly to get Roy to reach Michalis because of the mountain barriers...

I don't know how well this would work, but maybe try having Frederick be a lure up the right side? It would probably be the cav who attacked him, not the blue peg knight, so he wouldn't get dragged. I'd imagine if you have a unit close to the range on the bottom Michalis might get lured down.

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

If you put a a blue in the red cavalier's range that should draw Michalis towards him but he shouldn't be able to attack.  Then maybe have the blue get out of his range (this will be easier with Able since he has more move) and put Roy in his range?   It's hard to say without playing the map, but I'll try to test it when I get the chance.

Doesn't work, I've tried something similar many times. The blue peg knight will drag the unit into Michalis' range and he'll get destroyed. Even if you can somehow get Roy there, I takes him 2 turns to kill Michalis, and you have to let Michalis attack first so he doesn't use his special. In the meantime Roy would be killed.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Or maybe you can keep Palla? Just have a mage or something to deal heavy damage and she can finish him off with her special attack.

Then again, I'm speaking from last-5-minutes experience, hahaha.

I don't have a mage that can do that. Both my best magic attackers are blue and my only other mage is green. We just talked about this. >_<

Cool, this 4-year old account still works even though I've only used it only once.

Anyway, dumb question of the day: you have to aggro the units to get them to do anything, right? They won't start moving on their own like on other maps after a certain amount of turns?

This is the first lunatic GHB map I've done since I was underleveled for the other ones and it's bothering me that I can't think of up a strategy.

Hard mode was fine; lunatic is not.

Edited by Kaden

49 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I can suggest a compromise.

He attempts both strategies.

Whichever one takes the least amount of turns wins.

45 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Second, that sounds legit but that all depends on if Fypo is gonna bother to do both. We shall see who is the superior tactician. Whoever loses has to change their "rank" to total moron for a day and makes a post in general saying "I'm a total Moron. Someone fix me."

What do ya say? Gotta deal? heh heh heh 

So me and Smokestack were helping out TuckingFypo with her team and I said she should bring Takumi and Smokestack said Olivia. Whoever's team wins in the least round is the winner. Whoever loses does that^

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, what's this whole competition?

Read above~

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Cool, this 4-year old account still works even though I've only used it only once.

Anyway, dumb question of the day: you have to aggro the units to get them to do anything, right? They won't start moving on their own like on other maps after a certain amount of turns?

This is the first lunatic GHB map I've done since I've was underleveled for the other ones and it's bothering me that I can't think of up a strategy.

On this map specifically? The enemy only moves once you put your units in range.

Some maps have the enemy aggro you right away though.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have a mage that can do that. Both my best magic attackers are blue and my only other mage is green. We just talked about this. >_<

It's a shame one can't check before doing the actual battle. Otherwise I'd tell you to try the Palla+mage thing with your Robin, despite being Blue.

Sometimes, a strategy allows room for stuff like WTD.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It's a shame one can't check before doing the actual battle. Otherwise I'd tell you to try the Palla+mage thing with your Robin, despite being Blue.

Sometimes, a strategy allows room for stuff like WTD.

Robin would be the worst choice for this because I gave him Triangle Adept.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She's useless. She can barely damage anything or take any hits in return. The only thing good about her is her speed (and maybe res). I've also seen others say she's pretty bad.

Fair enough. I personally would use a flier as bait...

I looked at the lunatic enemy stats again... I think a Robin or Abel would be good to take out the Sword Cavalier.... 

The pegasi have darting blow. (YGTBFKM) But I think it's possible.

Actually, I'm thinking:

• Roy/Palla - Definity need a sword user
  • Abel - Brave weapon should help with the pegasi there....
  • A Robin - You do need a ranged fighter... M!Robin if you want to fight the Sword cavalier, F!Robin for the Lancer and Michalis
  • Maybe Freddy? - For his Fortify Defense.

EDIT: Actually, you could do Virion in place of Robin. If you have him follow Abel, he could take out the Blue pegasi, while Abel whacks the Sword Cavalier.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

@Arcanite and @MrSmokestack Jeez a lot happened while I was napping, huh...

I have my own opinions on Takumi vs Olivia, but I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the show and claim I had the same idea as whomever the winner ends up being :P

EDIT: @Anacybele I'm not entirely sure why people are suggesting Roy over Palla and citing Triangle Adept as the reason. A Ruby Sword (or any gem weapon) is the exact same thing as a weapon with Triangle Adept 3 built into it. It's also the reason the gem weapons' WTA don't stack with the Triangle Adept skill if you had both for whatever reason. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Just now, Anacybele said:

Robin would be the worst choice for this because I gave him Triangle Adept.

Can't you switch it out for the time being?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@Arcanite I'm not entirely sure why people are suggesting Roy over Palla and citing Triangle Adept as the reason. A Ruby Sword (or any gem weapon) is the exact same thing as a weapon with Triangle Adept 3 built into it. It's also the reason the gem weapons' WTA don't stack with the Triangle Adept skill if you had both for whatever reason. 

Palla has much lower attack compared to Roy though. I think Vax mentioned something crazy like 5* 40 Palla doing 7 damage to him? I prefer Stahl over Roy due to having more competitve bulk though.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

On this map specifically? The enemy only moves once you put your units in range.

Some maps have the enemy aggro you right away though.

Yeah, this map specifically.

Well, that sucks. I've read some of the posts here and people have been saying to get rid of the lance Pegasus Knight right away. Was not able to do that since I only have 3*, lv. 31 Beruka and Cherche as my only axe flyers and the 3* Michalis. Never was able to get Narcian since I was underleveled to the point where 2* Narcian was out of reach.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Palla has much lower attack compared to Roy though. I think Vax mentioned something crazy like 5* 40 Palla doing 7 damage to him? I prefer Stahl over Roy due to having more competitve bulk though.

Yeah, I'd say I prefer Stahl as well in this case. 

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with Roy over Palla in general, I simply thought it was misleading to cite Triangle Adept as a reason and wanted to clear things up. 

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That can't be true, my Palla does 9 damage to him (this is without Sharena's Rally Attack) and she's 4 star. Though that's still not much.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That can't be true, my Palla does 9 damage to him (this is without Sharena's Rally Attack) and she's 4 star. Though that's still not much.

Is your Palla +ATT? That may be why. Also, I made a suggestion to you in my last post.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Is your Palla +ATT? That may be why. Also, I made a suggestion to you in my last post.

No, she's +res. And I suppose your idea could work, but my female Robin is too weak at 3 stars. I find it hard enough to get a 4 star to lv. 40.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm glad I decided to make Narcian my first 5*. I also gave him Triangle Adept 3 to make him the ultimate Blue Killer.

This map was kinda easy with him. And I used Lilina to oneshot Michelis. I don't know if Henry or Sophia can do the same, but I'm not fond of them.

Edited by CaptainObvious

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, this map specifically.

Well, that sucks. I've read some of the posts here and people have been saying to get rid of the lance Pegasus Knight right away. Was not able to do that since I only have 3*, lv. 31 Beruka and Cherche as my only axe flyers and the 3* Michalis. Never was able to get Narcian since I was underleveled to the point where 2* Narcian was out of reach.

Beruka still works as long as you have a red mage and a bow user or something to keep her away from Michalis and the red peg.