Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm trying to resist making a response. 

Reveal hidden contents

But I heavily disagree, I mean Anna can't be Alfonse if Anna is with Anna. They purposely separated Anna from Anna to make sure Alfonse didn't happen again. I know you like Anna better than Anna, but Anna has this one. I'm just saying, if Anna wins before Anna, I'm bungee jumping off a cliff.

pfffhaha...dangit! no chill, you lie...but maybe it doesn't count if it's in spoilers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Arcanite, team Camilla has 5,677,133,548 right now. Cordy's at 1,287,505,381.

So the 20 orbs are in the bag, booyah!

Team minerva is at 1.3 billion against 700 million. It looks like subaki doesn't want us to double them, which is understandable.

7 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

maybe it doesn't count if it's in spoilers

Which is why I like spoilers so much, I technically never said anything unless you opened it hee hee

@Arcanite, wasn't it in the bag since day one? In the last VG, Lucina and Sharena combined managed over half the 10 billion requirement by getting a total of 6,119,189,662 and Lucina alone got over 6 billion by herself on the second round to Chrom, Eirika, and Ephraim getting around 3 billion. And then she got 13 billion by herself on the last round. The mark was doubled by Lucina alone.

The developers should have set even higher bars or higher rewards. There really should be a 15, 20, or 30 billion reward marks. Yes, I get that they don't want to give us too many things, but maybe something like if 30 billion is reached, then whoever wins means everyone gets the winner as a 2* or 3* unit which could push massive incentive for units like Hinoka and Minerva who you cannot summon in any other way, but as 5*.

Just now, Kaden said:

@Arcanite, wasn't it in the bag since day one?

Well there are many different variables that could've stopped her from getting the 10 billion you know. High speed meteors crashing into the Earth and destroying the Earth before she reaches the goal. The entire planet blacking out for 3 days and stopping the gauntlet. A star crashing into the sun. Among many many many other things.

Either way, I don't think they're gonna increase the reward. I highly doubt it. In fact, if they do I'll........................

Do nothing, cause I don't have time for bets right now.

I actually also do hope they increase the reward and give us bonus feathers

They should only give the 2 finalists a one star version of the character they support. That'll mix things up a lot.

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Arcanite, wasn't it in the bag since day one? In the last VG, Lucina and Sharena combined managed over half the 10 billion requirement by getting a total of 6,119,189,662 and Lucina alone got over 6 billion by herself on the second round to Chrom, Eirika, and Ephraim getting around 3 billion. And then she got 13 billion by herself on the last round. The mark was doubled by Lucina alone.

The developers should have set even higher bars or higher rewards. There really should be a 15, 20, or 30 billion reward marks. Yes, I get that they don't want to give us too many things, but maybe something like if 30 billion is reached, then whoever wins means everyone gets the winner as a 2* or 3* unit which could push massive incentive for units like Hinoka and Minerva who you cannot summon in any other way, but as 5*.

I think it's more about playing it safe in case there's a sudden low turnout. I imagine games like these are fickle.

Though yes it'd be nice if there was a "wow you guys really blew it out again huh" reward

5 hours ago, Falcom said:

I'm not ready. I'M NOT READY! SEND HELP PLEASE! CAMILLA'S GONNA MURDER US ALL!
(But seriously, good luck. I hope you keep losing so you don't spend any of your flags. Nah, I'm only kidding. ;D)

If it's consoling enough, I'll have 2.9k flags or so saved for Minerva in the final.

Hopefully that will place me high in the army.

Team Cordy's actually putting up quite a fight, gradually gaining on Cammy's lead; I highly doubt it'll be enough to overtake us but their spirit is admirable. Lady Camilla would be impressed. 

8 hours ago, Rezanator said:

If you want to see some real unity check out my team at Camilla's army:

When faced against an army of Takumi. Minerva and Camilla agreed to a truce to fight against them. We lost anyway. But still is the thought that counts.

7hl437d.png

Camilla can't resist  Minnie either (And we won against the swords :D)

(Shout out to that JP Eldigan. He's been on my team lots and has been great)   

6 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

Tsubaki: 821,108,518

Minerva: 1,595,419,961

oooo we're half way there, livin' on a prayer

more than half, actually woah

If you're gonna reference a song, you have to put the link in your text!

Otherwise people will look at you like a weirdo ;):

54 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I'm ranked roughly top 33k with Cordelia, no flags. It seems we're saving them for the final round. Makes sense.

Good, just make sure you tell your cordy friends what's going on. Cause we're pining for some flags! 

Non-troll question, but Cordelia fans, why is she a favorite of yours?  Her main character trait in Awakening was her pining for Chrom, which was a bit annoying.  I don't dislike Cordelia, I just wonder why she gets a pass for that.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Non-troll question, but Cordelia fans, why is she a favorite of yours?  Her main character trait in Awakening was her pining for Chrom, which was a bit annoying.  I don't dislike Cordelia, I just wonder why she gets a pass for that.

As for me, she was simply the best of the Pegasi options. She's not by any means the best. However, I did sympathize with her (small and underdeveloped) survivor's guilt about the rest of her squad dying and coming to terms with that.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't pretend to have anywhere close to the capacity to pass judgement on Cordelia, having made neither head nor tail of what little of Awakening I've seen. However, theorycrafting a pegasus team shows that Cordelia has access to Axebreaker and Bowbreaker, making her a key unit when at a disadvantage.

I mean, Severa can do the job just as well, if not better, but that's a rare combination that earns my approval. It's also rather easy to set up on these two.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I asked the same thing a while ago, knowing she's popular due to the poll that won her the spot the Awakening beach DLC but not really being sure why either; one thing I remember people saying is that she's identifiable for things like working so hard to do her part, getting hazed by her squadmates, etc. Because unlike Subaki her perfectionism isn't like a deliberate image thing for her, it's more like she just works really hard to do a good job and just kind of ends up with that reputation.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not currently backing up Cordelia (because I'm playing this in a purely mercenary way and it's easier to get high ranking by backing up underdogs :)) but she's favourite of mine.

I don't find Cordelia's crush on Chrom to be annoying, although it's badly implemented due to the "timeless" nature of all supports in Awakening and also their abundance. "Getting a pass" seem to imply it's a universal source of blame otherwise, but I don't remember ever thinking badly of a character just because they are pining on another character. Should I?

But I think she has a lot of personality beyond that... she's a very driven, and something of a perfectionist; but she deals with survivors' guilt and the burden of responsibility in addition to her personality. And that feeling is complexified by the fact that her former squadmates did... not treat her very well. Cordelia both wants to be the best (which shows some superiority) and at times thinks very little of what she can do. I like that conflict (and I can relate a bit).

Actually Marybelle, another of my favourite character in Awakening, has a similar kind of complicated inner conflict between overachievement and not thinking that highly of herself, with a context of bullying, although it has a lot of points of differences and Maribelle's much more flashy in personality.

To be honest, my favourite peg knight in any game is pretty much given to be the "dutiful" archetype. Erinys, Fiora, Palla, Tanith... they're pretty much always my fave. They're not the most demonstrative characters, but I like their self contained professionalism.

Cordelias crush on Chrom like barely comes out besides on one particular support

If theres anything about Cordy that is annoying its the forced drama on her introduction and her perfect angle. With her support convo with Donnel at the worst as it can gets

Personally the one thing i hate about Cordelia the most is how her best support is the same one that led into the worst support line in the game by far

Cordelia is a favorite of mine because I can relate to her the most. I know her pain when it comes to unrequited love pretty well, and I'm fairly flat chested. I'm also often told I'm pretty talented, and I don't want to be told that all the time. I still think there are people out there who surpass me by a long shot no matter what the task is. Much better artists, much better writers, much better singers (yes, I'm even told my voice is really good), etc. I still have a ways to go on all of those things, so I don't consider myself super talented. Maybe a bit naturally gifted since I do learn fairly quickly, but definitely not as talented as people think I am. So the way Cordelia hates being told she's perfect, a genius, whatever, I hate people praising my talent the same way.

Also, she works really hard, but doesn't seem to get anything for it. I feel like that a lot too. And wasn't she mistreated by her fellow Peg knights? I was often mistreated by my peers too.

I also think she's pretty and I've always been a fan of Pegasus knights.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly, a small part of me wishes I went with Team Subaki just because I have Iote's on mine, and I keep getting other flyers on my team when I just want to use Minerva for the bonus points ;___; (stop using flying units as your rep smh) It doesn't help that I often end up with teams like two Minervas and a Michalis even when there aren't archers if the enemy team is mostly red. Sad days. 

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

If you're gonna reference a song, you have to put the link in your text!

Otherwise people will look at you like a weirdo ;):

i've already accepted my place as a weirdo, but thank you for linking for me 8')

37 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Honestly, a small part of me wishes I went with Team Subaki just because I have Iote's on mine, and I keep getting other flyers on my team when I just want to use Minerva for the bonus points ;___; (stop using flying units as your rep smh) It doesn't help that I often end up with teams like two Minervas and a Michalis even when there aren't archers if the enemy team is mostly red. Sad days. 

it's not much better over here, i keep on getting other Tsubakis and with no Iote's shield against a lotta archers or green. team, i get that ya'll like Tsubaki but please i can't win with this

Edited by wizzard of soz