Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, fangpoint333 said:

The only potential upset that I can see happening is Sanaki beating Julia, but even then the odds are kinda low.

Just be ready to strike comrade. All we can do at this point is hope and pray for our opportunity to come.

It really sucks because it was going at too fast of a rate where we would have gotten the bonus with 4 or 5 hours left giving Julia one last chance to counter. But now it's going too slow.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So since the round seems more or less decided, who will you all be switching to?

I only have Robin and Tharja left if Sanaki falls. I might try to pull a Julia though. Robin if I don't get her.

1 minute ago, fangpoint333 said:

Robin for me if Sanaki likely loses. [He's the only one that I have a usable 5* of

The strength of your character doesn't matter. Actually using a lower leveled character makes the battles easier.

10 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Thank you. Plan on turning him into a monster once I have access to the QR and Threaten Atk.

By the way, your Ninian is also insanely awesome. Makes battles go by more easily and quickly.

Also @GuiltyLove your Linde is pretty useful too. You just need to get Desperation 3 and more speed buffs so she doesn't die to Ryoma.

Lukas is a monster. With the addition of defensive tiles, he laugh even in the face of some green units. Seeing a Effie deals 0x2 with a Brave Lance+ is great.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Just be ready to strike comrade. All we can do at this point is hope and pray for our opportunity to come.

It really sucks because it was going at too fast of a rate where we would have gotten the bonus with 4 or 5 hours left giving Julia one last chance to counter. But now it's going too slow.

I only have Robin and Tharja left if Sanaki falls. I might try to pull a Julia though. Robin if I don't get her.

The strength of your character doesn't matter. Actually using a lower leveled character makes the battles easier.

At this rate I'm gonna be bringing 700ish flags into the next round lol. I might burn like 400 in the last hour if her chance doesn't come just to secure my rank in this round.

I want to have a better chance in ranking so I'd prefer a unit that I can fight with (also it's more fun). I have a Julia as well, but I only recently got her and she isn't exactly usable at the moment.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yay! I had a team of three Lindes once lol

I hardly have any good fodder for her... I'm thinking of Life and Death, Desperation, and... something else

Good idea. However if you can't get Life and Death 3, Darting Blow from 4* Florina is a good backup. I'd say your C slot depends on whether you want her to be support (hone and spur atk/spd) or offensive (threaten spd/res). But you'd be better off giving her hone/spur atk/spd cause she's already quite the glass canon.

Ultimately up to you. I actually don't have any ideas for C skills. Just juggling ideas as I type.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Lukas is a monster. With the addition of defensive tiles, he laugh even in the face of some green units. Seeing a Effie deals 0x2 with a Brave Lance+ is great.

Surprisingly, an Ike still managed to defeat Lukas on a defensive tile. Mainly due to Aether but still. Also, it ain't easy for Lukas to utilize the defensive tiles when the meta uses primarily mages.

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

I can only hope that the closeness of the other matches has encouraged more flag spending, to give Tharja an easier ride to ultimate annihilation!

It was going to happen no matter what. All everyone who picked someone else can really hope for is that the person we back can win at least one before they get matched up against her. Poor Linde was doomed from the start.

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I can only hope that the closeness of the other matches has encouraged more flag spending, to give Tharja an easier ride to ultimate annihilation!

May their flags disappear into the darkness!

like I said earlier I picked linde first round cause even though I love her I knew she'd lose to tharja

so i'm picking tharja next round cause I wanna win

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I haven't used a single flag. There are stronger opponents out there.

Team Merric did their best, they deserve our respect.

I really hope Sanaki gets the last minute x3.

Just now, Falcom said:

Surprisingly, an Ike still managed to defeat Lukas on a defensive tile. Mainly due to Aether but still. Also, it ain't easy for Lukas to utilize the defensive tiles when the meta uses primarily mages.

Don't think I ever saw my Lukas fall to Aether, mainly because Ike dies due to QR2 and Ignis. Though I think mine should survive an Aether depending on whether or not the Luna part of it takes the defense boost from the tile in consideration. As for mages, that's why I run him with Fae and Sanaki. Sanaki eats the red and green mages, Fae the blue ones and Lukas takes care of tanking physical attacker. Probably will have a redux of it next season where Linde, Julia and undetermined bonus unit blast mages while hiding behind Lukas.

I'm not sure who I'll root for next. I kind of want to root for another underdog, so it will be easier to rank and maybe save some flags. Ranking in Team Merric  (at least the top 1000) proved to be a little harder than I thought it'd be. I had to sleep, and when I woke up, my rank had gone from 500 to 1400. Used every single flag during the 3x multiplier (except for 200 by mistake). And even now, my score has been plummeting even while I'm active. XD Everyone's still alive and kicking. 

Team Robin seems like the most logical choice, so even though he might not be the underdog, it will give me an excuse to use my awesome Robin. 

....but if Sanaki ends up coming out on top and has to face Tharja... I may have to go Team Tellius. I don't have a Julia otherwise I'd jump on that ship. Getting the extra points means a lot to me. XD

nngh...I guess a x3 multiplier isn't enough for the clutch victory. Being 10% behind is a tall order, even for a round 1 battle where only a fraction of the full player base are participating in your matchup. And there's no guarantee that all players are ready and waiting throughout the day to get their two 60000 point shots in.

Edited by Gustavos

8 minutes ago, unique said:

like I said earlier I picked linde first round cause even though I love her I knew she'd lose to tharja

so i'm picking tharja next round cause I wanna win

I ended up going with Tharja and kind of regret it with this new x3, as Tharja only had a very brief window with the x3 bonus this whole round (as far as I saw anyways).  If you have the proper hero I'd advise going against Tharja just so you can blow all your flags on the sweet x3 bonus. The ranking difference will probably make a bigger difference, as everyone on team Tharja is going to have a noticeably smaller score overall.

I cheaped out and used 300 flags instead of 400 while Henry's multiplier was up, and as a result am at the awkward rank of 1,077 with a score of 351,190. Goddammit, self! I doubt the multiplier will come back unless Team Leo has been secretly hiding a flag hoard, so short of spending my flags now and hurting my cumulative rank, I won't hit the top 1k.

On the bright side, I'll have 455 flags leftover for the next round (short of a multiplier suddenly appearing). It's been so stress-free fighting with level 1 Henry and badass friends that I'm definitely hopping to Team Tharja so I can use my level 1 Tharja to continue cheaping out on matches. Hopefully she'll have the multiplier up now and then so I can spend flags on them.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm not sure who I'll root for next. I kind of want to root for another underdog, so it will be easier to rank and maybe save some flags. Ranking in Team Merric  (at least the top 1000) proved to be a little harder than I thought it'd be. I had to sleep, and when I woke up, my rank had gone from 500 to 1400. Used every single flag during the 3x multiplier (except for 200 by mistake). And even now, my score has been plummeting even while I'm active. XD Everyone's still alive and kicking. 

Team Robin seems like the most logical choice, so even though he might not be the underdog, it will give me an excuse to use my awesome Robin. 

....but if Sanaki ends up coming out on top and has to face Tharja... I may have to go Team Tellius. I don't have a Julia otherwise I'd jump on that ship. Getting the extra points means a lot to me. XD

I'm actually thinking it would be better for me to join team Julia lol, but I want to use my awesome Robin as well.

2 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

nngh...I guess a x3 multiplier isn't enough for the clutch victory. Being 10% behind is a tall order, even for a round 1 battle where only a fraction of the full player base are participating. And there's no guarantee that all players are ready and waiting throughout the day to get their two 600000 point shots in.

It's a tall order yeah, but it's within the realm of possibility. All we can do is wait and hope.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I ended up going with Tharja and kind of regret it with this new x3, as Tharja only had a very brief window with the x3 bonus this whole round (as far as I saw anyways).  If you have the proper hero I'd advise going against Tharja just so you can blow all your flags on the sweet x3 bonus. The ranking difference will probably make a bigger difference, as everyone on team Tharja is going to have a noticeably smaller score overall.

that's true but i'm not fully aware of how this works

i picked minerva last time thinking I could switch to team camilla last round after she lost to cordelia, but she never actually went against cordelia

i think the only one I have is sanaki, does she have any chance of going against tharja last round? cause I still wanna pick tharja for last round

1 minute ago, unique said:

i picked minerva last time thinking I could switch to team camilla last round after she lost to cordelia, but she never actually went against cordelia

i think the only one I have is sanaki, does she have any chance of going against tharja last round? cause I still wanna pick tharja for last round

None at all. If Sanaki wins (odds are low), then she'll go against Tharja on round two. Thaja's last round will be against one of the males (most likely Robin).

All I really care about is the finals not being Robin vs Tharja.  I don't care if one of them wins overall, I just don't want to back a character I hate.

4 minutes ago, unique said:

Sanaki and Tharja are on the same side of the gauntlet, so no.

The final round is the winner of Julia/Sanaki vs Tharja and the winner of Leo vs Robin (these matches are basically foregone conclusions at this point).

Edited by Glaceon Mage