Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably over? The gap needs to be around 257.6 million for the boost if Julia gets ~50 million by next update. Which means Sanaki needs the deficit to be 28.1 million larger, so she has to get less than 21.9 million next update (again, assuming Julia does around 50 mil). Given current trends, that's not happening.

I only have Julia and Robin out of the remaining and Robin looks much stronger than Leo so Julia ftw.

Edited by XeKr

1 hour ago, Tarilaan said:

Already planned to back Leo from the beginning if Merric were defeated, so as long as you guys on his team can keep him in the running, reinforcements will be on the way next round. 

We welcome any new help for Team Leo,

Less than 1 hour left? I'm not sure how much time is left (game say 1 hour), but it looks that I can't be quicked from my rank, so, I'll probably keep my 100 flags for next round... unless I see danger for Leo, then I will use them

1 minute ago, SniperGYS said:

Less than 1 hour left? I'm not sure how much time is left (game say 1 hour), but it looks that I can't be quicked from my rank, so, I'll probably keep my 100 flags for next round... unless I see danger for Leo, then I will use them

Nah it's an hour plus the remainder of this hour. 

Speaking of flags, I have a question.

How is it possible for people to become the top ranked player? Do they hoard flags or something? Does it have to do with the region they live? Or is it something else entirely?

12 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

How is it possible for people to become the top ranked player? Do they hoard flags or something? Does it have to do with the region they live? Or is it something else entirely?

Basically play every half hour on the dot, and use all your flags when the x3 bonus is up.

9 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

They play majority of the time and use all of their flags from that round and possibly from past rounds.  It's easier to be in the less populated teams.  Last gauntlet, I was in the top 100 for Cherche, but I was on a lot of the time, used all my flags, used a Cherche, and lost some sleep.  No relation to region, I live in the US, and if you look there are Japanese names on there as well, it all just depends on who wants to lose sleep, if you have that specific hero, and if you've hoarded flags.  In this gauntlet, being strategic and waiting for the X3 multiplier is  they key to victory

I guess Julia wins. Not cool... She deserves to lose against someone like Sanaki, imo. But oh well. I guess I'm going team Robin now. I'm tired of my team losing all the time... I want the extra feathers again. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I guess Julia wins. Not cool... She deserves to lose against someone like Sanaki, imo. But oh well. I guess I'm going team Robin now. I'm tired of my team losing all the time... I want the extra feathers again. :(

I'm pretty sure I gained way more feathers being in team Sanaki than if I had in team Tharja. I'm currently rank 85 and I still have 300 flags. Meanwhile I never got near the top of the ranking when I was in team Lucina.

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'm pretty sure I gained way more feathers being in team Sanaki than if I had in team Tharja. I'm currently rank 85 and I still have 300 flags. Meanwhile I never got near the top of the ranking when I was in team Lucina.

I could've had a decent ranking AND the extra feathers with how close this match was though. I really thought Sanaki would win this one no doubt. Kind of embarrassing too.

EDIT: How about no?

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm guessing people who don't know about the necessary threshold for the 3x boost are dumping flags to secure ranking. It sucks but Julia is a better unit in the current meta that this was inevitable.

Just now, fangpoint333 said:

I'm guessing people who don't know about the necessary threshold for the 3x boost are dumping flags to secure ranking. It sucks but Julia is a better unit in the current meta that this was inevitable.

...Being a better unit in the meta shouldn't matter. This is a popularity contest.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Nyehehe. Feel Julia's wrath. I would've actually chosen Sanaki if I pulled her instead of Julia in my latest pull lol

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Being a better unit in the meta shouldn't matter. This is a popularity contest.

Being good makes a unit popular. Why do you think I like Nino so much? I haven't even played The Blazing Blade.

Edited by Seafarer
typo

Just now, Ralphophoulous said:

Bow before Julia Begnion Peasants! May you find absolution for your heresies by joining Naga's army. 

It would be most kind....  

You might want to use a less belittling tone if you wish for people to join your team 

Being called a peasant and a heretic might just make me decide to join Tharja instead of Julia next round >v>

Just now, KongDude88 said:

Nyehehe. Feel Julia's wrath. I would've actually chosen Sanaki if I pulled her instead of Julia in my latest pull lol

Being rude is not necessary, thanks.

Just now, Seafarer said:

Being good makes a unit popular. Why do you think I like Nino so much? I haven't even played the Blazing Blade.

...No it does not. If being great automatically makes you popular and not being great makes you unpopular, why do people love Roy so much? He sucks as a unit in his game and isn't as good as other sword lords in Heroes either.

Just now, Anacybele said:

More people would pick her because they rolled for her because she's a more needed unit. They got more mileage out of her and would get more attached is how is how I viewed it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The thing is that she's popular as a unit (a green mage tank for walling Reinhardt and Linde). Many arena teams run Julia either on offense or defense.

3 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Being good makes a unit popular. Why do you think I like Nino so much? I haven't even played the Blazing Blade.

I played Blazing Blade but I didn't like Nino that much as I do now.

Even though she was a good unit in BB.

Edited by Rosetta

1 minute ago, Seafarer said:

Nino STILL would've been stomped on by Tharja though.