Jedi's Thoughts on the FE Warriors news

Jedi

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I'm aware of that. I mean NEW amiibo. The Smash ones have been out of print for quite a while already and the FE ones are among the rarest of the bunch. No, popularity means nothing now and there are a few "angry fans" already if you haven't looked around the webs and those are only a vocal minority. Besides, Heroes is taking care of bringing in as many characters as they can. It's weapon triangle diversity now and they already mentioned that this won't be a gathering of protagonists. Koei-Tecmo loves to throw in joke and unexpected characters. What I'll say is this: don't be expecting Ike at all. Consider him a bonus IF he does make it in despite Koei-Tecmo's limit on sword using protagonists. His protagonist status as well as being an infantry sword user work against him now. If the game sells well, there's the possibility of DLC. 

I find the bolded amusing since our Best Buys never seem to be short on Lucina Amiibo.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

I find the bolded amusing since our Best Buys never seem to be short on Lucina Amiibo.

And my closest Gamestop has been having the same 4 Robin amiibo on clearance for months...since last year. 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The angry ones are only a minority. Ike and Lyn aren't enough. Same with Roy. I'd suggest waiting for more news on this year's e3.

Given how many angry people I've seen so far, I don't think so. Especially with how popular those characters really are.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Jedi: I've been reading it. I like it so far and yes, I also like Lian's design. As of now, I'm expecting no new protagonists outside SD, Fates and Awakening. Maybe some slight cherry-picking of non-protagonists, though. A wait-and-see approach.

I think the wait & see approach is probably the best one right now. We all have our personal thoughts on what may or may not happen, of course. It'll be fun to see which ones may turn up right or wrong honestly.

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Yeah, you can't even come up with ten who use axes naturally within those three.  At least, not among the most popular.  You get some like Darros or the forgotten new characters in the DS remakes, and people might think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel.  You pretty much have to go with units who have them as a secondary type, either at base or through promotion.

For lance reps, it'd probably be the ones I listed above.  Probably throw in some armors like Effie, Draug, Benny, or the mysterious hero no one sees, and all's good.

Yeah, for axes you have the glorious selection of: Walhart, Barst, Garon, Camilla, Frederick, Basilio, Rinkah, Charlotte, Arthur, Beruka, and Vaike. They are really shooting themselves in the foot.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Given how many angry people I've seen so far, I don't think so. Especially with how popular those characters really are.

Not that many, especially in an echo chamber. The majority that would buy this game are the casual audience that started with Awakening and Fates so nothing of value was truly lost. 

@ Jedi: And this is someone who would love to see Eliwood riding into battle and crush enemies with the large Durandal but with that character restriction on, Nino is a far more likely candidate. It's wait-and-see for me for now. 

28 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Yeah, for axes you have the glorious selection of: Walhart, Barst, Garon, Camilla, Frederick, Basilio, Rinkah, Charlotte, Arthur, Beruka, and Vaike. They are really shooting themselves in the foot.

Bord, Cord, Samson, Darros, Ymir, Minerva, Cherche. And a number of others too 

25 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Not that many, especially in an echo chamber. The majority that would buy this game are the casual audience that started with Awakening and Fates so nothing of value was truly lost. 

@ Jedi: And this is someone who would love to see Eliwood riding into battle and crush enemies with the large Durandal but with that character restriction on, Nino is a far more likely candidate. It's wait-and-see for me for now. 

Hey I'd love to see Eliwood too, he's my favorite lord after all haha, Nino yeah she's got popularity everywhere, even back on a Japanese FE7 character poll. 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Edited by Jedi

11 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Bord, Cord, Samson, Minerva, Cherche. And a number of others too 

Hey I'd love to see Eliwood too, he's my favorite lord after all haha, Nino yeah she's got popularity everywhere, even back on a Japanese FE7 character poll. 

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/k_tohyo/index.html

Forgot the remakes changed Minerva's weapon, I lost my soul playing FE1. 

33 minutes ago, L9999 said:

There's also Darros, and Cord and Bord(Who I imagine will be alternate costumes for Barst).

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Slumber said:

There's also Darros, and Cord and Bord(Who I imagine will be alternate costumes for Barts).

Edited to put them and Ymir there too.

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Edited to put them and Ymir there too.

I don't imagine most of them will be in there.

I'd say yes to Minerva, Camilla, and probably Charlotte, Cherche, Walhart and Barst.

I'd say probably not to Darros, Rinkah, Vaike, Garon, and Beruka. There's a chance they'll be in to fill roles, and I'd give Beruka the lowest chance of making it in, due to Minerva, Camilla, and Cherche likely being in, saturating the wyvern count.

I'd say definitely not to Cord and Bord(Underlings of Barst who are just lamer versions of him), Ymir(Way too obscure), Samson and Ogma(Ogma will definitely be in, but only as an "axe user" if you can swap weapon types) and Frederick(Again, I imagine he'll be in, but I doubt he'll be an axe rep unless you can swap weapons).

Assuming the roster is somewhere between 20-30. Accounting for all the weapon types and if they want the numbers to be truly balanced across all weapon types, I can't see more than 5 axe users popping up.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Ymir(Way too obscure)

Koei isn't above putting in obscure characters, they did make characters who never existed in history part of Dynasty Warriors for lols, just because of some urban myths.

Then there was Agatha in Hyrule Warriors, and several other choices in other games.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Koei isn't above putting in obscure characters, they did make characters who never existed in history part of Dynasty Warriors for lols, just because of some urban myths.

Then there was Agatha in Hyrule Warriors, and several other choices in other games.

He is a remake-exclusive character, though, and I think Koei is pretty clearly choosing which games get represented based on popularity. I can't remember, but I think SD and NM didn't do as well as the originals.

I don't think he'll get in based on that. Darros and Barst are the only two axe infantry from FE1/3 I imagine showing up in FEW, purely because of their impact and the archetypes they set. Ymir doesn't really get that, since he wasn't even a thing until SD.

Edited by Slumber

Rinkah has a shot, if only because of how easy it would be to make an unique moverset for her, with her having fire "powers" and being the only primary club user in the series. And she's a warrior through and through. The big issue is that people generally dislike her.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Rinkah has a shot, if only because of how easy it would be to make an unique moverset for her, with her having fire "powers" and being the only primary club user in the series. And she's a warrior through and through. The big issue is that people generally dislike her.

She has the whole oni theme going on for her so she's most likely going to be playable. Garon too as our slow powerhouse with crazy range and bright smile.

@JediAh yes, I can actually see Nino making it over Lyn. Japan still loves her a lot. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

She has the whole oni theme going on for her so she's most likely going to be playable. Garon too as our slow powerhouse with crazy range and bright smile.

(groans of increasing slaughter). 

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Oops, well i'm still getting USED TO THIS. 

Also unpopular opinion I actually really like Lians design.

Hey now s'all good. Though not being verbose, for me anyway, is a compliment. I like a good lengthy read, but I also like short and sweet ones too.

I don't dislike it per se, I'm just pretty impartial. Maybe I need to see it from the back :u

Also, might I suggest editing in your article to the OP so it doesn't get buried? For some odd reason, people tend to not go to the main page.

Just now, Soledai said:

Hey now s'all good. Though not being verbose, for me anyway, is a compliment. I like a good lengthy read, but I also like short and sweet ones too.

I don't dislike it per se, I'm just pretty impartial. Maybe I need to see it from the back :u

Also, might I suggest editing in your article to the OP so it doesn't get buried? For some odd reason, people tend to not go to the main page.

Yeah I'll edit that into the OP in a moment.

20 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@JediAh yes, I can actually see Nino making it over Lyn. Japan still loves her a lot. 

...You can see a minor mage character getting in over one of the most popular characters in the series?

I just can't take you seriously at this point. If any Elibe characters get in, I expect Lyn and Hector (and maybe Roy, but there's the sword thing there).

Edited by Anacybele

Ana, Lord-Zero I appreciate the passion you both have right now.

But it might be a good idea to relax from quoting each other, and agree to disagree for the moment. 

I think you both have good points and some which are kind of out there, but thats all of us. 

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Ana, Lord-Zero I appreciate the passion you both have right now.

But it might be a good idea to relax from quoting each other, and agree to disagree for the moment. 

I think you both have good points and some which are kind of out there, but thats all of us. 

I suppose you're right. And I'm calling it a night now anyway. So yeah.

I'll reply to her for one last time and I'll end it there. I, myself, am getting tired of this. 

@Anacybele: Minor mage character that Japan absolutely loves and she's still quite popular and I'm pretty serious about that one since she's diverse enough to actually slip in. More so than the protagonists themselves. Remember, this won't be a gathering of protagonists. Protagonists outside SD, Awakening and Fates are all in a difficult position. 

Okay, that will be all. We'll just disagree again.

Edited by Lord-Zero

43 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Assuming the roster is somewhere between 20-30. Accounting for all the weapon types and if they want the numbers to be truly balanced across all weapon types, I can't see more than 5 axe users popping up.

Why do we have to stick with one weapon type per character all the time? Ogma is the original Mercenary/Hero, which since FE5 have always packed Sword and Axe. Dynasty Warriors has used a weapon switch mechanic before too, so it isn't like KT couldn't integrate one.

Also, while the weapon triangle is going to be adapted in some capacity, I'm not seeing it as being overpowering. Assuming no more than 4 controllable characters per fight, the limit in Hyrule Warriors Legends and the Samurai Warriors Chronicles games, it'd be wholly possible that one could select a team without full WTC. And it wouldn't be fun if one was a slave to the WT all the time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why do we have to stick with one weapon type per character all the time? Ogma is the original Mercenary/Hero, which since FE5 have always packed Sword and Axe. Dynasty Warriors has used a weapon switch mechanic before too, so it isn't like KT couldn't integrate one.

Also, while the weapon triangle is going to be adapted in some capacity, I'm not seeing it as being overpowering. Assuming no more than 4 controllable characters per fight, the limit in Hyrule Warriors Legends and the Samurai Warriors Chronicles games, it'd be wholly possible that one could select a team without full WTC. And it wouldn't be fun if one was a slave to the WT all the time.

I'm assuming it makes it easier on KT for creating move sets by having everyone with a single weapon, while also making it difficult for the player during combat should they encounter their weakness. 

EDIT: Apparently, Chrom uses a lance during an extended trailer, so they may already have thought about that. Actually, now that I think about it, I think he uses it during a special attack? I really don't feel like trying to look up the trailer just to confirm, though. At any rate, it could be an EX mode where the units use a secondary weapon for a limited amount of time, maybe?

Edited by saisymbolic