Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

Does anyone have full information on the reinforcements? There was talk earlier about some of them, but I can't find any place listing the timing and location for the timed ones, or the (Infernal) stats for any of them.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

Does anyone have full information on the reinforcements? There was talk earlier about some of them, but I can't find any place listing the timing and location for the timed ones, or the (Infernal) stats for any of them.

FE Heroes's gamepedia has the Infernal stats listed: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Legion:_Masked_Maniac.

Mkv has proven that even reinforcements on a lunatic GHB can be cleared with 3* units:

I'm guessing clearing Infernal with only 3* units might be a bit to much to ask for. The last few turns are pretty much how Draug works in a nutshell...

42 minutes ago, Kaden said:

FE Heroes's gamepedia has the Infernal stats listed: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Legion:_Masked_Maniac.

That's not what @Othin is asking for. He's asking about what reinforcements appear when certain units are defeated or a certain number of turns have passed.

To my knowledge...

-The Red Sword Knight appears at the end of Turn 3 at the bottom of the map.

-The Blue Mage Cavalier appears at the top at the end of Turn 4.

-Defeating the right Legion causes the Triangle Adept Blue Mage to spawn at the bottom.

-Defeating the initial Blue Mage Cavalier causes the third Legion to spawn at the bottom.

-Correct me if I'm wrong, but defeating the Swordbreaker Red Mage causes the fourth Legion to spawn at the top.

Edited by MrSmokestack

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's not what @Othin is asking for. He's asking about what reinforcements appear when certain units are defeated or a certain number of turns have passed.

To my knowledge...

-Defeating the right Legion causes the Triangle Adept Blue Mage to spawn at the bottom.

-Defeating the initial Blue Mage Cavalier causes the third Legion to spawn at the bottom.

-Correct me if I'm wrong, but defeating the Swordbreaker Red Mage causes the fourth Legion to spawn at the top.

I was looking for both the conditions for the reinforcements appearing and their stats, actually, so between the two of you, that covers it. Thanks!

Edit: There's also a lance cavalier, right? Do you know anything about that?

Also, does standing on the spot where the reinforcements would appear keep them from showing up?

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also, does standing on the spot where the reinforcements would appear keep them from showing up?

I tried to block them from showing up that way, they just pop up a couple of blocks away unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

To my knowledge...

From all the tries I have to do in both Lunatic and Infernal:

• South Legion spawns at the end of the enemy phase after you defeated the Blue Mage Cavalier in the East Corridor
  • North Legion does the same, but with the Red Mage's death as his trigger
  • If you defeat the East Legion, a Blue Mage will spawn in the South of the Map
  • If you defeat the West Legion, you will have to deal with Blue Cavalier appearing North.
  • The Red Cavalier and the Other Blue Mage Cavalier are Timed additions to Infernal. 

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Mkv has proven that even reinforcements on a lunatic GHB can be cleared with 3* units:

I'm guessing clearing Infernal with only 3* units might be a bit to much to ask for. The last few turns are pretty much how Draug works in a nutshell...

it feels really appropriate that DOGA is the one who CHOKES the point in this GHB

Shit dude, this map is balls-to-the-wall hard. Easily hardest GHB we've had in a long time, possibly the hardest yet even WITHOUT the infernal version. As it stands I barely managed to beat Lunatic and nab the first 4* Legion (first GHB unit I might actually use/upgrade; planned to do Camus too but ain't got around to him yet lol;; ). His axe seems like it might be good on Titania as well so that's interesting. 

So. 

What suggestions do y'all have for beating Infernal difficulty? 

My 5* / SI-heavy units include a!Tiki, m!Robin, Tharja, Kagero, Nino, Abel, a -Atk healer build Marth, and Bride Lyn along with Olivia. Barely managed to beat Lunatic with a team of Tharja+Nino (both of whom had Drag Back) + Robin (Raven Adept + Repo) + Olivia, which took teaching Olivia Fury 1 just so she could avoid getting doubled and killed by the GTB Legion... but with the inflated stats, I'm not really sure how we're gonna manage it on Infernal. Dx I've got 40k feathers and enough stamina potions/crystals to do some emergency upgrading+grinding, if that'd be what it takes... Any suggestions?

Edited by BANRYU

21 minutes ago, AstraSage said:
  • If you defeat the West Legion, you will have to deal with Blue Cavalier appearing North.

Right as I was wondering why the left Legion didn't have a reinforcement associated with it too.

Thanks for the correction!

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Shit dude, this map is balls-to-the-wall hard. Easily hardest GHB we've had in a long time, possibly the hardest yet even WITHOUT the infernal version. As it stands I barely managed to beat Lunatic and nab the first 4* Legion (first GHB unit I might actually use/upgrade; planned to do Camus too but ain't got around to him yet lol;; ). His axe seems like it might be good on Titania as well so that's interesting. 

So. 

What suggestions do y'all have for beating Infernal difficulty? 

My 5* / SI-heavy units include a!Tiki, m!Robin, Tharja, Kagero, Nino, Abel, a -Atk healer build Marth, and Bride Lyn along with Olivia. Barely managed to beat Lunatic with a team of Tharja+Nino (both of whom had Drag Back) + Robin (Raven Adept + Repo) + Olivia, which took teaching Olivia Fury 1 just so she could avoid getting doubled and killed by the GTB Legion... but with the inflated stats, I'm not really sure how we're gonna manage it on Infernal. Dx I've got 40k feathers and enough stamina potions/crystals to do some emergency upgrading+grinding, if that'd be what it takes... Any suggestions?

Robin, Tharja, and Kagero all is pretty ok for this map

If your A-Tiki have TA3/Axebreaker or QR i honestly think shes pretty good for this. She took minimal damage from Legion, with Reprisal Legion being the only real threat

Edited by JSND

I almost beat Infernal with just two 5*s (Xander and Reinhardt, joined by 4* Cecilia and Olivia) but messed up at the end because I forgot the blue cavalier could counter Reinhardt. (I thought I needed to kill the blue cavalier before it could kill Cecilia, but had forgotten that she could use Escape Route to get to safety.)

Edited by Othin

27 minutes ago, JSND said:

Robin positioned on the left Turn 1 with Tharja and Kagero sounds ok

If your A-Tiki have TA3/Axebreaker i honestly think shes pretty good

Honestly i'm wondering if its possible for you to do the 2 turn clears of Infernal. The strats for that looks like this:

Bait Blue Mage with Nino, and Red Mage with robin

KO the Red Mage during player Phase. Have Nino KO the Brave Archer

Park Adult Tiki against one of the Legion. Kill off the other Legion.

Press End Turn. Win

Unfortunately we got no TA3 access for Tiki .-. She has her default of Defiant Atk and QR1, and unless I want to 5* a spare selena I have (honestly doesn't feel like a great use of feathers), she ain't gettin' that Tringle Aderpt. Do have a Laslow for Axebreaker (that I'd have preferred to use on someone else but I'll do what I have to at this point lol ;; ), or if Axebreaker 2 would work I also have a spare Eliwood that I'm not doing anything important with. 

I'll give this a trial run or 3 to feel it out and see how it feels. My Kagero is a bit better off with Defiant Atk + Vantage + Moonbow so she should be able to wreck some shit. 

If that doesn't work out, I think I'll have to consider 5*ing my +Atk 4* Reinhardt and possibly a spare Ursula for Death Blow or some such. :\ Anyway, we'll see what I can do with who I've got. 

EDIT: Okay. So. With that strategy listed above, here's how it goes so far...

Turn 1: Tiki procs Hone Atk 3 and Kagero procs Hone Spd 2 for both Nino and Robin. Robin goes to the lowest red mage bait space, Nino goes to the lowest Blue mage bait space.

EP Turn 1: mages kill themselves on Robin (QR1) and Nino, walls gone and Legions preparing to advance. Third legion spawns. Nino not in range of the archer.

Turn 2: can't really... position Nino and Kagero to not get killed by bottom Legion....?? Dead. 

Attempted it again by having Tiki Swap Robin so he can get in range of the archer as well, hoping to kill both him and the red mage during EP, but Legion blocks the red mage from being able to attack Robin after he breaks the wall so no dice there. Red mage not killable on my phase and still can't get the non-Tiki girls out of Legion's reach. 

Edited by BANRYU

Infernal difficulty is a nice challenge, but I'd enjoy it a lot more at a time with less pressure on stamina. Hopefully they keep it in future GHBs and add it to story maps at some point. 

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Infernal difficulty is a nice challenge, but I'd enjoy it a lot more at a time with less pressure on stamina. Hopefully they keep it in future GHBs and add it to story maps at some point. 

I agree, this GHB and Infernal were the most fun i had in a while in Heroes. Hopefully they keep the difficulty and add maybe inheritable special Weapons you can use on any Heroe that matches the color/class.

ItchyBackside with the relatively low-budget Infernal clear: featuring vanilla free 4* Cecilia, 4* Ursula, and 3* Olivia. The 5* Xander in the vid has Gunter's (a free unit) Hone Cavalry.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Finally cleared Infernal difficulty this morning using a team of Ike, Mae, Hector, and Xander.  Would have cleared it sooner if it weren't for that defence tile glitch which prevented Hector from one-shotting the blue mage cavalier that had life and death.

I'm really glad to see them add a higher difficulty to Grand Hero Battles.  The previous Grand Hero Battles had been too easy, so it's nice to have a challenge for once.  Hopefully future Grand Hero Battles will continue to be as difficult as this one.

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

ItchyBackside with the low-budge 4*-only Infernal clear: featuring vanilla free Cecilia, Ursula, and Olivia. The Xander in the vid has Gunter's Hone Cavalry.

It's not really 4* only when Xander is a 5*. There's several points in this vid where him being 5* matters, most notably the fact that he now survives with 3 hp, where he has 3 hp less as a 4*. It's still impressive, and promoting Xander is a pretty good idea in general, but I wanted to warn people that this doesn't work with 4* Xander.

Just now, Bartozio said:

It's not really 4* only when Xander is a 5*. There's several points in this vid where him being 5* matters, most notably the fact that he now survives with 3 hp, where he has 3 hp less as a 4*. It's still impressive, and promoting Xander is a pretty good idea in general, but I wanted to warn people that this doesn't work with 4* Xander.

Yeah, I edited the post. 

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Specifically against the archer, 5* Xander has Siegfried to counter him, enough speed to not get doubled by the archer, and enough defense to take 0 damage from the archer while standing on a defense tile. 37 defense being boosted by 30% from a defense tile gives him 48 effective defense. The Brave Bow archer has 42 attack and Death Blow 3; exactly 48 damage. 4* Xander has 35 defense which would be 45 on a defense tile. He'd take 3x4 from the archer who has 27 speed to 4* Xander's 22. The archer having Moonbow also means more damage, so there's that too.

The only other options to counter and no sell this dude with a 1-range unit is with Draug, +Def Frederick -- 36 =Def ends up 2 points short from taking 0 damage --, Gwendolyn, Luke, or Zephiel with Distant Counter, or Hector. None of them can be -Def and two of them, Gwen and Lukas, would be at WTD against Legion. Otherwise, Boey, Henry, F!Robin, M!Robin, and Sophia with a -raven tome and T-Adept would be your best bet if you want to hard wall the archer. Spring Camilla would need to be on a defense tile since if not she'd take 13x2 if he attacks. If you want to straight up kill him, however, you need to do 62x2 physical or 48x2 magical.

Took a couple (dozen) tries but I finally beat infernal. I used a team of Ursula, Olivia, Reinhardt, and Xander.

Ursula was pretty much useless the entire time and only served to bait out the red mage/blue horse mage at the beginning. The rest was Xander holding down the line of axe users and Rein+Olivia taking out anyone else.

On 15/6/2017 at 6:02 AM, Vaximillian said:

An unspecified amount of orbs will be distributed to all players soon as compensation.

Is this after the Grand Hero Battle ends?