Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

32 minutes ago, The Priest said:

@Glaceon Mage
Just wait the 2 years until the rerun happens in NA.

I've spent the last day charging through Okeanos/London with the 1/2 ap story trying desperately to get a quartz supply.

Now at early America with 56 q and 5 tickets.  Still doomed on the Iskandar front, but Saber Diarmuid might come in this much if he exists, right?????  Right????

you know the only way I'm rolling this banner when NA gets there is if there's Saber Diarmuid, if he's not there there's no need to wait eagarly for it on NA, really...  It would mean skipping Achilles in NA though...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

fuck

anyone have a rider mordred?

I don`t have rider Mo, but if you need some strong options for quick clears, you can add me!

Maxed squirtle np3 / or Drake at 6/6/10 were my go to units when I had no time and just wanted to clear the raids

FC: 314.369.629 -  2 open spots for ppl with 15ddays without log-ins Y.Y

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

... I need 319. Admittely I have yet to pull the one who consumes most of them (Zhuge Liang) but Helena and Robin also need 40+ for their skills respectively. Though I probably won't reach the skill level that consumes feathers because freaking Void Dust keeps blocking requirements (Emiya needs 40(!!!) for a single skill, wtf).

Ah yes, I often forget that units like Waver / Scathach / Bryn needed them because I`ve raised them so long ago - 190 feathers for the 3

but yes, many of the old guard units want those plumes huh? Looking at Martha / Atalanta / Liz and Okita myself. It never ends :P

Good news for me is that after Quetz, I should be done with servants that use those so hey, kudos right? Kappa

Btw, what is the bone magic? I never have enough of those and I still have some heavy eaters -> looking at you Altera and Carmilla

Edited by QKumber

41 minutes ago, QKumber said:

FC: 314.369.629 -  2 open spots for ppl with 15ddays without log-ins Y.Y

I sent a request.
Gonna start my grind marathon tonight, hopefully I'll be able to make substantial progress!

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

About that...

Yeah, I saw, been rambling about it in Skype and Discord.

I have about 39.27% chance to get him before event rewards are factored.  

So, I have some hope, I guess.

Not so much with Iskandar, but Iskandar can wait I guess.  He'll get another rateup eventually, probably, I hope...

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

When will Diarmuid  lancer version get some love? He could be better if Love Spot got changed to something better.

I'd address Knight's Strategy before Love Spot tbh, Knight's Strategy as is is literally just vanilla Clairvoyance.  Combined with Lancer Diarmuid's pretty sucky hitcounts (2 on everything but extra, 4 on extra), it's basically a waste of a skill slot and mats that I'm maxing anyway because I love Diarmuid.  Giving it a 3 turn Quick up is probably the easiest change to make to it.

Love spot would be an alright skill if it lasted 3 turns instead of 1, the Atk debuff is actually pretty big (-50% at level 10).  Maybe throw in a defense debuff vs females as well, and I think it'd be fine.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'd address Knight's Strategy before Love Spot tbh, Knight's Strategy as is is literally just vanilla Clairvoyance.  Combined with Lancer Diarmuid's pretty sucky hitcounts (2 on everything but extra, 4 on extra), it's basically a waste of a skill slot and mats that I'm maxing anyway because I love Diarmuid.  Giving it a 3 turn Quick up is probably the easiest change to make to it.

Love spot would be an alright skill if it lasted 3 turns instead of 1, the Atk debuff is actually pretty big (-50% at level 10).  Maybe throw in a defense debuff vs females as well, and I think it'd be fine.

Ok heres the thing, 20% defense buff for 3 turn is shamelessly overpowered in this game

So 50% Def up for 3 turns with 5 CD shouldn't even fucking exists even if its limited. And hell being female only isn't THAT much of a limitation since its super obvious and common enough to be aplicable in a lot of fights.

If they want to buff Love Spot, the right way to do it is just to add a global extra effect. Something like on demand buff cleanse would be cool(since NP buffcleanse had this awkward stuff where you want to use NP for damage)

And yeah Knight Strategy sucks. Clairvoyance was never good to begin with even if you put it on Gilgamesh(who is objectively the best user of Clairvoyance in the game. When the one who is the best by far still sucks at some point you'd just realize the skill is unfixable). I think a potential cool addition to it would be just to turn Knight Strategy into Fionn's first skill, since the primary niche of Lancer Dia atm is the fact that he's one of few Arts Oriented Lancer which is actually a big deal

Or.... give it NP charge button turning him into Bedi Lancer. That seems cool too

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Clairvoyance is a fixable skill. It’s just simply not worth using if the star generation buff doesn’t cap out at 100% when maxed. It’s the reason why EMIYA completely outstrips Kuro as a crit damage dealer, as he can produce a metric ton of stars and deliver steroid crits over the next two turns. Same with Gilgamesh Caster giving Arts teams an alternative to 2030 and allowing Tamamo to generate stars.

Clairvoyance tends to fall flat on most servants because they either A) have low hitcounts or B) have low scaling to make the skill more RNG than it should be.

Extending the duration on Love Spot is a little too good on a 3* unit, I agree.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Clairvoyance was never good to begin with even if you put it on Gilgamesh(who is objectively the best user of Clairvoyance in the game. When the one who is the best by far still sucks at some point you'd just realize the skill is unfixable).

Gilgamesh is actually a pretty mediocre user of clairvoyance. The people who want stargen+ are people with hilarious hitcounts on their NPs. (Archer Artoria with 10, EMIYA with AoE 10, Raikou with 7 in AoE (and she knows this, because her NP gives exactly that), Lancelot Beserker with 10 AoE, Atalanta with 10 AoE, EMIYA(Assassin) with 15).

Regular cards will never provide enough crit stars for Clairvoyance to be worth more than Instinct or Innocent Monster. The main reason stargen+ is pretty bad is because half the people who want it already have it---Raikou with her overcharge, Lance & Atalanta since their NPs are quick (and effectively get 70% crit gen compared to buster, or 80% compared to arts) and EMIYA himself gets hawkeye. (Honestly for a starting servant Clairvoyance seems... alright for him. It's pretty bad now, but it feels around the same power level as most other starting servant's skills.)

The reason you want it on NPs rather than regular cards is because quick cards already have tons of stargen+. 80%/130%/180% quick stargen depending on whether the card's first, second, or third means that if you wanted stars on demand you'd get it without needing a skill slot on servants with actual quick cards.

Edited by DehNutCase

19 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also whats wrong with EMIYA, that sounds fairly easy to do. He needs 40 dust for a single skill but he only have one skill

Emiya's skill are all relevant though. Projection is pretty good with its omni-card boost, whether you use it for a crit chain or boost his NP.
Only Mind's Eye strikes as "unnecessary" but there is a difference between a 6 turn and 7 turn cooldown.

Saber Alter is a better example of a Servant that has only 1 skill (aka Mana Burst).

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Not so much with Iskandar, but Iskandar can wait I guess.  He'll get another rateup eventually, probably, I hope...

Class-based rate-ups are your best bet for Diarmuid honestly. If you want Iskandar in JP now's the time.
Saber Diarmuid might also spook you whenever you roll.

---

Not gonna lie; when I saw the Diarmuid video I thought this was some kind of elaborate troll from reddit.
But more power to the king. I really hope they give him some kind of Strengthening (on his Tactics skill preferably) because he is still one of the worst SSR Riders (which becomes worse compared to newer SSR Riders).

Hopefully they didn't forget about Lancelot. The man is still from the old days and desperately needs a touch-up.

Edited by The Priest

15 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Class-based rate-ups are your best bet for Diarmuid honestly. If you want Iskandar in JP now's the time.
Saber Diarmuid might also spook you whenever you roll.

There’s a bunch of SR sabers though aren’t there?  More than 1, at any rate, which since 4* rateup is 50% of the total would be the max to make class better than solo for a specific SR.

or were you under the impression he was 3*?  Because he’s not...

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There’s a bunch of SR sabers though aren’t there?  More

than 1, at any rate, which since 4* rateup is 50% of the total would be the max to make class better than solo for a specific SR.

or were you under the impression he was 3*?  Because he’s not...

Yes, out of 14, theres 2 Wellfare, 4 story lock, and 2 limited. 10 is on class gacha

To put that into perspective, the closest is Lancer at 9. Meanwhile amount of Archer on Class only gacha is 6 which is kinda the "average amount of SR".

The amount of Rider?  4

Because SR Rider is the specific rarity - class combo that went extinct after Thunder Motorbike armageddon

17 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

There’s a bunch of SR sabers though aren’t there?

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yes, out of 14, theres 2 Wellfare, 4 story lock, and 2 limited. 10 is on class gacha

This but solo rate-up for 4* isn't that much better (which never happens since there is always another 4* at the same rate-up).
At least in the class gacha the odds are 1/13 that the gold card you get is the Servant you want.

34 minutes ago, The Priest said:

This but solo rate-up for 4* isn't that much better (which never happens since there is always another 4* at the same rate-up).
At least in the class gacha the odds are 1/13 that the gold card you get is the Servant you want.

Diarmuid gets a solo rateup this event though.  Twice, I believe, with Iskandar.  It’s rotating

splitting 3% 10 ways (class gacha) does not seem like better odds for getting a specific unit than splitting it 2 ways (solo rateup).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

21 hours ago, Sire said:

I sent a request.
Gonna start my grind marathon tonight, hopefully I'll be able to make substantial progress!

Accepted many hours ago! You and I GlaceonMage request!

Good farm nodes, rather boring event in the end for me. It was ok

35 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I don't know if it's midriff-revealing shirt or what, but I am getting some serious JoJo vibes.

Muscles plus belly-shirt definitely.  His cowlick also makes him look a lot like Jonathan.

Welp, that was rough. I ended up falling asleep during the "night marathon," woke up today and noticed that the event had less than a day left to finish it (and I thought I had one more day to grind it out). Luckily I managed to complete all of my remaining missions and max out Kuro 30 minutes before the event ended. I did miss out on the shop, but I got Kuro. All is well in the world.

Sleep time for me.

Edited by Sire

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

I don't know if it's midriff-revealing shirt or what, but I am getting some serious JoJo vibes.

IMO it's the eyes and the pose.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Welp, that was rough. I ended up falling asleep during the "night marathon," woke up today and noticed that the event had less than a day left to finish it (and I thought I had one more day to grind it out). Luckily I managed to complete all of my remaining missions and max out Kuro 30 minutes before the event ended. I did miss out on the shop, but I got Kuro. All is well in the world.

Sleep time for me.

Luckily, the event shop sticks around for a week after the event ends, so go nuts!

It took me like an hour to notice the gacha CE drop changes in the Zero rerun, it works like the servant bonus now (CE gives boosts to the class that the servant equipping is advantaged against).

I like this change, and am still kinda baffled they made it different before.  Was the main reason 5* gacha CEs were totally made obsolete by the shop CE for farming any type of seal other than Berserker.

Unfortunately I'm still kinda gimped for bonuses until Saturday because Poly killed all his kidGils, Shota Iskandars, and Diarmuids...

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So how good Saber Diarmuid is? After comparing with other Sabers, wow quick based swords are rare. 

Yeah, the only others are Caesar, Okita and Summer Fran.

Diarmuid looks pretty good overall.
Raw Stats-wise he is very similar to Gawain and Saber Alter, only having 100 points less in each stat.
High hitcounts on every card, and his NP gain is solid, having 2.92 on his 2 Quick cards and his 3rd skill gives a 30% NP gain boost on top of it, if maxed. His Riding actually matters since he is Quick-based. Speaking of which, he also gains 20% Def
His 2nd skill is basically Atalante Alter's 1st skill, exchanging the ridicilous star absorb in exchange for 5 more stars. He doesn't need that much help to keep critting if you have 2030 or can spam his Quick NP that has 10 hits.

He has the same problem as Raikou though; his steroid is on his Evade which kinda sucks.
It is also unfortunate that the Defense buff removal doesn't happen first, so the effect is pretty much wasted. Insta-Death is worthless as ever.