Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I just started **yesterday** so I'll stop at 5k for now. It's still early and my team has shown some promise so I don't want to make any major changes just yet though.

Guess we're somewhat close. Sitting at 4,2k and giving it one last go in a few minutes to make 4,5k. Going to try hitting the daily 10k from tomorrow onwards.

10k of failures again. PTSD.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Spd essentially reads: "If you have Windsweep or Watersweep, they work on enemies up to 4 points faster than you rather than up to 1 point slower. If your enemy has Windsweep or Watersweep, they must be 6 points faster for it to work rather than 1 point."

Holy freaking horse crap, I just encountered a Boey in lunatic trials with 33 speed on the final map where I proceeded to get demolished because Lucina can't outspeed him and it took the combined efforts of Lucina, Mae, and Olivia giving Lucina another turn to take down just Boey. After that, enemy Olivia danced Celica around to kill everyone. Did not help that I forgot enemy Olivia was there leading to Nino getting killed. So used to dealing with a knight from the previous trials that I'm not used to seeing melee infantry.

I didn't check his attack, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could have killed Sophia and maybe 4* Raigh at least after 3 hits knowing what Veronica was like. It's just great having only the starter red mages and then being given a -Atk 3* Henry.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Soul~! said:

Guess we're somewhat close. Sitting at 4,2k and giving it one last go in a few minutes to make 4,5k. Going to try hitting the daily 10k from tomorrow onwards.

10k of failures again. PTSD.

Celica's stats made me skip Day 1 of Tempest Torture just so I could build the one unit that would counter her perfectly.

Reinfart.

Praise be.

Not sure if this belongs here, but *ECHOES SPOILERS*

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mine is +Res -Def, so 43 Atk / 40 Def after Fortress Def 3. 32 damage Ignis still bites.

I'm seriously considering just using Nino instead because my team has no answer to Nowi or bulky greens currently, but I'd also suffer having less points per run.

I just started **yesterday** so I'll stop at 5k for now. It's still early and my team has shown some promise so I don't want to make any major changes just yet though.

Every single 5* Lukas I pulled were -Atk. I was just lucky enough to get a +Def one at some point (first one was +Spd/-Atk which is just horrible). I got lucky with that latest 4* pull.

And 32 damage Ignis is still pretty good

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

;A; I want Lukaaaaaaaaas! 

I actually was using Julia before. XD She was my healer (with the same Breath of Life setup), but I had given her G. Tomebreaker for her general build which is kind of useless in the Tempest. Plus Fury whittled away at her health before too long, and she wasn't powerful enough to oneshot anything that wasn't a blue dragon. I switched her out for Nino even though she's maxed out SP. It's just convenient to have two speedy mages, one kind of speedy character, and then...Faye who is basically a snail. Though she did manage to double a Sophia. lol

Well he's a potential 4*, so he should show up, given time. Unless he's like Klein for me

I usually have Julia run G Tomebreaker and Hone Atk in the Arena, but for the TT, Renewal and BoL are way too good. Especially since Renewal mitigates the Fury's recoil.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Phantom Sweep (or was it called Phantom Speed?) only applies if there is a Sweep skill on either side of combat. It does nothing otherwise.

Yeah that's what I was asking. Worded that question weirdly.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Well he's a potential 4*, so he should show up, given time. Unless he's like Klein for me

I usually have Julia run G Tomebreaker and Hone Atk in the Arena, but for the TT, Renewal and BoL are way too good. Especially since Renewal mitigates the Fury's recoil.

XD That'll probably be the case. Lucius was like that as well. I just about pulled every colorless unit except for him before I finally got him. I have a feeling Lukas will only come when I least expect it.

I may switch back to Julia before the Tempest is over. I have the fodder for Renewal 2 at least. Does Renewal's turn count carry over like the specials?

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

XD That'll probably be the case. Lucius was like that as well. I just about pulled every colorless unit except for him before I finally got him. I have a feeling Lukas will only come when I least expect it.

I may switch back to Julia before the Tempest is over. I have the fodder for Renewal 2 at least. Does Renewal's turn count carry over like the specials?

In the last few banners, I pulled a sizeable amount of colorless orbs. I got a total of 14 colorless 5*. Not a single 4* or 5* Klein though.

Renewal resets at the start of each map, which is actually a good thing since Renewal always heals you on the first turn. So you can end a map on a turn where Renewal procced and get an additional 10 HP at the start of the next map.

5* Tobin has been obtained! I'm probably going to go for the 99,999 reward this time because I want to squeeze at least one 5* out of these banners before my pity% goes down the drain.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

In the last few banners, I pulled a sizeable amount of colorless orbs. I got a total of 14 colorless 5*. Not a single 4* or 5* Klein though.

Renewal resets at the start of each map, which is actually a good thing since Renewal always heals you on the first turn. So you can end a map on a turn where Renewal procced and get an additional 10 HP at the start of the next map.

Oh man. I know how it is though. My Lucius search was during Celica's banner/the Triangle Weapon banner I believe. I started pulling from the latter before deciding that the chance of getting Genny was better than not getting Genny. I must have pulled a dozen colorless 5 stars as well. 

That's pretty sweet actually. That'll be my next endeavor then!

Just now, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh man. I know how it is though. My Lucius search was during Celica's banner/the Triangle Weapon banner I believe. I started pulling from the latter before deciding that the chance of getting Genny was better than not getting Genny. I must have pulled a dozen colorless 5 stars as well. 

That's pretty sweet actually. That'll be my next endeavor then!

Funnily, Genny is the other elusive colorless, along with Mist, though I can understand it more with those 2 since they're 5* exclusives. Watch me get both of them before Klein.

It was really useful in both Trials. Last one, I also had Lucina who had it through her Falchion and it really helped getting deathless runs. Admittedly, I could make a medic Alm to replace Faye, but I just don't want to bother with the SP grinding it would require and I don't have the necessary fodder. Need to get a Fae for more Renewal.

starting to get the hang of things with A/A and A/B runs unless i do something dumb. i'm really glad i promoted Klein, a good delete button. my -Spd Mae is also working out super well; with Darting Blow, +Spd seal, Blarowl buffs, and a speed buff from Lon'qu she doubles pretty much anything and tanks mages like a champ. Lon'qu with QP has Moonbow up basically always to obliterate a lot of things and can tank hits for the others. i thought it would be awkward with all three of them coincidentally having Draw Back, and it did take getting used to but it works pretty well. meanwhile Priscilla keeps everyone topped off. 

this TT definitely seems more chill than last time. i think maybe because the maps aren't as annoying, except..the one (you know..the one). i only have 12,000 points so far because i was busy killing myself and my stamina over the final Lunatic Chain Challenge..finally got those 4 orbs...totally worth..it -croaks-

With my last run, my score is now sitting at 22,665.

Current A Team

Spoiler

Alm (+HP, -RES): Falchion, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Attack +3, Renewal 3, Threaten Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1
5* Lukas (+HP, -RES): Killer Lance+, Swap, Ignis, Fortress Def 3, Quick Riposte 2, Spur Spd 2
5* Kagero (+SPD, -HP): Poison Dagger+, Ardent Sacrifice, Reprisal, Life and Death 2, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Speed +1
5* Lachesis (+HP, -SPD): Slow, Rehabilitate, Solid-Earth Balm, Live to Serve 2, Spur Res 3, Spur Def 1

Not Quite Horse Emblem featuring Anna Current B Team

Spoiler

Leo (+DEF, -RES): Brynhildr, Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Goad Cavalry
5* Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 2, Goad Cavalry
5* Anna: Noatun, Reciprocal Aid, Luna, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Spur Res 2
4* Priscilla: Pain, Rehabilitate, Solid-Earth Balm, Spur Def 2

The +ATK/-RES Squad featuring Ryoma Current C Team

Spoiler

Ryoma (+SPD, -DEF): Raijinto, Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3
5* Eirika (+ATK, -RES): Sieglinde, Rally Defense, Moonbow, Speed +3, Drag Back, Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res 1
5* Nino (+ATK, -RES): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3
5* Klein (+ATK, -RES): Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Threaten Def 3, Attack +1

My A Team has been changed up a bit since both Effie and Bride!Lyn are now at max merits and ready to earn their Lv. 50 Mr. Hollywood suits. I'll be surprised if anyone here knows what I'm referencing with that. I currently have Lukas in Effie's place and Lachesis taking Lyn's spot though I've also used my +1 Minerva (+HP, -DEF; Hauteclere, Swap, Luna, Life and Death 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Threaten Atk 3, Quickened Pulse) a bit as well. I'm still mostly getting A Speed / B Survival runs on the 7 battle Lunatic tier though I've gotten 705 score runs a few times. So far, I've just been taking it easy and I'm not in any particular rush to pad my score. As such, I've only used one or maybe two stamina pots to get more runs in up to this point. 5* Tobin will likely be mine by the end of Sunday night at the rate I'm going at, so there's that I guess.

Gonna start pacing myself a bit. Since the TT quest rewards will double on the second week, and I'm poised to have 40K before then. Better to lay off so that there's more than 3 orbs to push for on my reward list.

I'm at 6,000 points now, this is good, specially because I just played on hard maps with my last stamina. I played Lunatic 7 too, and this time I was able to clear it 2 times with no problem, but then I "relaxed" and played on hard for easy 300 points.

4*Tobin is finally here, that was in 2 days only? at this rate I think I can get 5*Tobin too even with no 40%bonus. The modifications for this mode were really a big help!

25 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Gonna start pacing myself a bit. Since the TT quest rewards will double on the second week, and I'm poised to have 40K before then. Better to lay off so that there's more than 3 orbs to push for on my reward list.

Really?

...Honestly, I'm going to press on and on and on either way. I'm going to try and claim at least 6,000 ranking feathers- the 99,999 points for all the orbs is perhaps too much (I'm sticking to Hard), but with the negative reception to playing Tempest more than necessary, I can see putting my foot in the door giving a good chance.

I'm actually incredibly impressed at how well Faye is doing in this tempest. She's actually proving invaluable right now. Oneshotting almost every magic unit and some of the squishier colorless units like Niles and Gaius. If she had Luna/Brave Bow+ and DB3 she could probably one round Celica. Nino is doing what Nino does but there are a good few units Nino can't one round and Faye takes care of quite a few of them. It's pretty annoying that Nino becomes almost useless on the last stage because EVERYONE is ALWAYS red there. I was trying to save that Odin I found for Blarblade+ for Bride Caeda. Really would have come in handy right now. Stupid BHB. I could potentially get A/A runs if I could just finish that last stage with my team.

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

Bullshit.

This is exactly what happened last time, and I made 50k with only a week and no Bonus Character bullshit.

My team isn't the problem. It's me.

You may not be the best tactician ever, but honestly, your team lacks nukes. Sanaki can bomb things well. Hawkeye can tank well and you've got a healer and a dancer to keep people safe. But Hawkeye is being doubled by everything, sneeze on Sanaki and she dies, Maria is paper mache and of course Azura has her weaknesses. You have a well rounded team but it's the same as my old team. Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys. You might be able to skirt but you have to play virtually perfectly in order for things to go smoothly. In the worst cases the team you face can be a hard counter. Perfect example being a group of blues and colorless units in your case. As soon as I started getting things like Nino, Xander, etc things got ridiculously easier. Still have to play smart but the pressure is off and I get consistent A/B runs unless I play like a noob. 

Anyways, at around 29k. Going to hit 30k before hitting the sack. Not really going to wait around during this tempest. Going to go ahead and wipe out that 100k so I can be done with this aside from the daily quests and maybe some HM/SP grinding. Don't know what the next two weeks will be like, rather not be tied down. I want to hit 50k by monday. Good luck on your grind Soul, if you're anything like me, you may play around with some team lineups and you'll start getting A/B-A/C runs easy.

12 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

That's pretty awesome. I've been using pure 5* units with very little thought needed behind them, so it's great to see a team like this being used (especially since I adore Subaki, Narcian and Palla for all the work they've put into flier quests for me, and Cordelia has given me some help in this TT on the occasions my first team has failed to slaughter Celica). Just a shame about the bonus unit. You actually get more points for having the bonus unit than you do for not dying, so it might be worth doing the whole fielding a bonus unit and then surrendering thing, despite only grinding for HM with that team. More points can't hurt, after all, despite you being way about me xD 

On my side, my Reinhardt has continue to put in the work. I know, I'm using lazy girl tactics but eh. The points are mounting, and Alm is slowly gaining SP where he can, so all's good here ^.^''

I usually switch to a team of Xander/Olwen/Cecilia/Sharena for the final map but I wanted to see if my flier emblem could win and lo and behold they've managed to do it! Haven't managed to do it again yet as it's super dependent on what units are on the map but I'll keep trying
Yeah, they are pretty fun to use as I love seeing melee units doing 0 damage to my team, though there are times when the maps screw me over

Spoiler

TgoZY0x.jpgZHdFSGV.jpg

Anyway currently sitting at 28k, hopefully I'll be able to be in the top 1000 with the way I'm going

Edited by Symphonica

Sitting over 8K so far, I'm a bit thankful they gave hard such a point boost. On track for the seals and everything.

Never again with Lunatic. Not after last time.

(Also, Askran trio + Lissa can actually beat the whole thing depending on what they face. Usually they aren't able to deal with all 5 in the last map sadly, though quite often they can still win without a second party. Any other losses before that map are me derping like leaving Anna in Eldigan's range. Stupid call.)