Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34k now. Nap time.

B!Cordelia with LnD3/BB+ and Swordbreaker/Desp must be really freaking incredible because this DB2/PS3/BB Faye with New Moon is tearing through tempest and unlike Cordelia, she's taking hits like a champ.

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

wait, where did you got this information from?

Notification board.

When I first saw that, I thought it meant TT points would double, but nah, just the quest rewards.

Lessons from a bad strategist during the Tempest Trials

1. Look at the freaking skill sets. I get surprised every time WoM gets an entire team killed. 

2. Speaking of WoM, I think this TT is in love with it. I have run into three teams where EVERYONE had it. Beware!

3. Weird teams that don't make any sense can work better than you would ever think. Sure, Chrom, Boey, Klein and Legion go together...why not.

4. I can beat Lunatic 7 with my primary team or (see above - WoM) lose on the first map depending on playing the map right.

5. I need to learn how to use and abuse WoM myself.

6. There are some crazy builds that I feel I should screenshot for myself for later.

What are you learning this time through? What is the craziest build you have run across?

3 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

1. Look at the freaking skill sets. I get surprised every time WoM gets an entire team killed.

This, although in my case it's panic ploy and atk ploy that kill me. It turn out that if you rely a lot on buffs to be able to kill stuff, those skills can really screw you over...

Then again, I probably should have learned this lesson already after all the times my arena runs were ruined by WoM on a dancer.

Got my Resistance Seal this morning and am now at 22,628, more than halfway to the other Seal.

I notice they actually gave Tobin skills, so hopefully all the Tempest units from here on out won't require a bunch of SI to fill them out.  Too bad Tobin's a bit lackluster.  If he had a similar Stat spread, but was a Bow Knight instead, he'd at least have that niche.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I notice they actually gave Tobin skills, so hopefully all the Tempest units from here on out won't require a bunch of SI to fill them out.

If he had a similar Stat spread, but was a Bow Knight instead, he'd at least have that niche.

Tobin is just Selena with Pivot and worse Spd. He really should have been the game's first Bow Knight because there isn't any reason to run this iteration of him aside from sheer favoritism.

I won't say no to more Horse Emblem cheese, besides.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Tobin is just Selena with Pivot and worse Spd. He really should have been the game's first Bow Knight because there isn't any reason to run this iteration of him aside from sheer favoritism.

Really, I think they should avoid giving Swords to any Infantry units, unless that's the only weapon that they would reasonably be associated with, like Myrmidons.  There's so many Sword Infantry that it's hard to carve a new niche without being overshadowed by the myriad units that often have signature weapons, since the majority of the Lords have Swords.

Also, shout out to you for giving me the idea of giving Reinhardt R Tomebreaker.  At least I think it was you.  I'm also glad that I learned Renew 3 stacks with Falchion.  Alm recovering HP has been a godsend for durability and not running a Healer.  Boey also does it to a lesser extent.

Is it just me, or is Tobin wearing lederhosen?

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

To me, Tobin seems closer to a +Spd, -Def Hinata or a +Def, -Atk Laslow with better resistance and no natures. Or a +Res, -Atk Seliph and if it were possible, a +Res, -Atk Alfonse without a legendary sword. I get that villagers use swords in Echoes and Gaiden, but Gray would have made more sense while implying that he's also a mercenary or a trainee one.

Tobin as a freaking sword knight would have been better even though that doesn't exist in Echoes and Gaiden. At least people would have more chances to get a sword knight that isn't Draug, the only summonable sword knight.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Tobin as a freaking sword knight would have been better even though that doesn't exist in Echoes and Gaiden. At least people would have more chances to get a sword knight that isn't Draug, the only summonable sword knight.

I mean Heroes hasn't been exactly faithful to the Gaiden/Echoes peeps, Faye can't even become an archer yet she is one in Heroes.

Just wait for other goofiness for Grey & Kliff if they ever show up

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I mean Heroes hasn't been exactly faithful to the Gaiden/Echoes peeps, Faye can't even become an archer yet she is one in Heroes.

Just wait for other goofiness for Grey & Kliff if they ever show up

I never got why archers were gender-locked in Gaiden/Echoes. Sure, for Gaiden, whatever, it's old, but with Echoes, they could have just lifted the lock off. Of all the classes, archers.

I hope Gray shows up as a cleric and Kliff a Pegasus Knight. Yeah, that'll show 'em. We developers can do whatever we want. *cue everyone getting excited because Kliff is basically sword Cordelia and Gray has Wrathful Staff* :p

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I never got why archers were gender-locked in Gaiden/Echoes. Sure, for Gaiden, whatever, it's old, but with Echoes, they could have just lifted the lock off. Of all the classes, archers.

That decision is even stranger given that the Archanea remakes did lift the male-only lock on archers with them introducing Norne and Clarisse while also allowing females to reclass into archer.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Also, shout out to you for giving me the idea of giving Reinhardt R Tomebreaker.  At least I think it was you.  I'm also glad that I learned Renew 3 stacks with Falchion.  Alm recovering HP has been a godsend for durability and not running a Healer.  Boey also does it to a lesser extent.

If only we had Weaponreavers in this game already instead of reusing weapons no serious build for a unit is going to run. At least Arena would be more interesting since it'd turn the weapon triangle on its head.

I'd take credit for it, but it isn't a very novel idea given that Triangle Adept + Weaponbreaker can trivialize any boss. Reinhardt even has the luxury of attacking Celica on a defense tile.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is it just me, or is Tobin wearing lederhosen?

Can't unsee

Edited by MrSmokestack

33 minutes ago, Kaden said:

To me, Tobin seems closer to a +Spd, -Def Hinata or a +Def, -Atk Laslow with better resistance and no natures. Or a +Res, -Atk Seliph and if it were possible, a +Res, -Atk Alfonse without a legendary sword. I get that villagers use swords in Echoes and Gaiden, but Gray would have made more sense while implying that he's also a mercenary or a trainee one.

Zephiel is a free unit and Draug was also released free, so I'd say sword is the type of armor least in need of another free one. A free axe armor would be nice since it's both the only one without a unit available at 3* and the only one where one of its two units so far is 5* locked, but alternatively another lance armor would fit nicely with how Echoes does it, and other games for that matter.

Woah buddy. Woke up this morning (well.. 1pm..) And even with 22k points I'm in 22,000th place. I guess buffing the points from the non-lunatic difficulties really got a lot more people to grind, cause I sure doubts it's cause of Tobin or the new seals over last time.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If only we had Weaponreavers in this game already instead of reusing weapons no serious build for a unit is going to run. At least Arena would be more interesting since it'd turn the weapon triangle on it's head.

I'd take credit for it, but it isn't a very novel idea given that Triangle Adept + Weaponbreaker can trivialize any boss. Reinhardt even has the luxury of attacking Celica on a defense tile.

Can't unsee

I kinda hope they don't add Reaver Weapons.  I like each color being set in that way.  Maybe they could add Horseslayers to help check Horse Emblem a bit.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Woah buddy. Woke up this morning (well.. 1pm..) And even with 22k points I'm in 22,000th place. I guess buffing the points from the non-lunatic difficulties really got a lot more people to grind, cause I sure doubts it's cause of Tobin or the new seals over last time.

Never count Tobin out.

I picked up my 5* Tobin, and, with all the feathers I've been getting from the Tobin Trials, Chain Assault, and HM, I made Anna a 5*. She leveled up to 40 really quickly, and I'm happy I pulled a couple of Shanna's, so as to give her Desperation 3. Works wonders with Noatun!

With 31,777 points, I'm at exactly rank 2,500. Wonder if I'll stay in the top 5k this time?

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

There's also the daily quests, which hands out a stamina potion, I think that probably adds to it.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I notice they actually gave Tobin skills, so hopefully all the Tempest units from here on out won't require a bunch of SI to fill them out.  Too bad Tobin's a bit lackluster.  If he had a similar Stat spread, but was a Bow Knight instead, he'd at least have that niche.

I think they may be saving the Bow Knights for iconic characters, such as Rath from Blazing Sword or Midayle from Geneology. Maybe even Sue if they go for Binding Blade instead.

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I think they may be saving the Bow Knights for iconic characters, such as Rath from Blazing Sword or Midayle from Geneology. Maybe even Sue if they go for Binding Blade instead.

Possibly, but Tobin is hinted at being an Archer in game, and a Bow Knight would be his canon final class, and Tobin's got a bigger role in Echoes than Rath or Sue have in their respective games.  I can't speak for Jugdral.

Wow, 10k in 3 days!

I feel that I'm doing this more quickly than the previous time, and I have only played Hard mode with 20%bonus thanks to Sharena. 5*Tobin is going to be mine!! And if I keep pressing with some stamina and decide to do the 5 battles in Lunatic, I will be able to go for the 40K seal... But really, I don't want to play Lunatic again, I feel stressed while playing it and Hard is giving me a good amount of points (actually near the same points than 5battles lunatic), so I'll probably stay in Hard, since I'm able to beat it with A in speed and 2 teams... And 2 teams only because I need to deploy Sharena for the bonus (or if something bad happens to team A)

Got my 5* Tobin.  I may spend another Stamina Potion tonight to get another stretch of grinding in.  My score's currently 32,952.  I should be able to get the Final Seal in the next day or two.  After that, I might try going after some of the 3 Orb rewards.  I'm not sure if they tweaked it, or the map line-up is easier this time.  I actually got my first B rank for Speed ever so far on this Tempest, so score's been easier to get.

I must have needed sleep. I woke up and realized I gave my only Luna to Faye this morning instead of Masked Marth. A unit that I'll actually be using when the trials is over. I feel a lot like a chump right now. Faye's not killing anything she wasn't killing already with New Moon so it's basically a waste.

That being said. consistent A/B runs like before. I'm at 37k. Was actually in the top 1000 before I went to sleep. Gonna go ahead and finish this up.