Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who might still need help, here is my video for the Infernal Berkut GHB. Hopefully this helps someone/I hope at least someone enjoys this video, and if anyone has any feedback, that would be awesome.

Spoiler

Cleared all three difficulties using more or less the same strategy which involved destroying most of Berkut's army on Turn 1.

Team + Relevant Stuff:

• Eldigan: Mystletainn, Ignis, Fury 3, Lunge, Goad Cavalry;
  • Peri [-HP/+SPD]: Brave Lance+, Miracle, Fury 3, Goad Cavalry, HP+3 Seal;  Note: Desperation could've been used instead of Miracle... but I lack fodder.
  • Ursula: Blarwolf+, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3
  • Azura: Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3

Both Peri and Eldigan's Goads were important for achieving several of the KOs.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

They also did reinforcements in Legion's GHB. They could do a sort of TT GHB where you face multiple armies in a row before reaching the final boss, kind of like advancing toward Rudolf in Gaiden/Echoes. "Boosting numbers" can be a way to increase difficulty, sure, but it isn't really a "fair" way to boost it, or for that matter a unique way.

What game were you playing? I beat Rudolf by hitting him with Delthea from outside the castle, and when he tried to run away, have Silque warp Delthea in so she could hit him again.

---

I beat Hard in one try with Eldigan/Hector/Delthea/Olivia. Delthea got hit by green axe cavalry and lived- I'm impressed. Don't know if I'm going to try Lunatic for Water Boost fodder, especially when Fae doesn't really need it...

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What game were you playing? I beat Rudolf by hitting him with Delthea from outside the castle, and when he tried to run away, have Silque warp Delthea in so she could hit him again.

---

I beat Hard in one try with Eldigan/Hector/Delthea/Olivia. Delthea got hit by green axe cavalry and lived- I'm impressed. Don't know if I'm going to try Lunatic for Water Boost fodder, especially when Fae doesn't really need it...

Rudolph only starts up on the parapet in Normal. On Hard, he's all the way in the back, surrounded by several Arcanists. Breaking through the gate aggros everything but he and the Arcanists (who require someone to enter their range). Granted, they never leash, so it's possible to just pull them back to their own gate and choke them there.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Rudolph only starts up on the parapet in Normal. On Hard, he's all the way in the back, surrounded by several Arcanists. Breaking through the gate aggros everything but he and the Arcanists (who require someone to enter their range). Granted, they never leash, so it's possible to just pull them back to their own gate and choke them there.

At least they noticed, I suppose.

@DehNutCase helped me crack the first turn because of how the AI moved in your run..and then simulating a Quad Briceload with Lance Breaker Klein lol..

i was pretty lazy though and after trial and error i slapped a few other needed skills on people and called it a day - Escape Route on Azura and +2 Speed on Olivia to avoid getting doubled by the Axe Knight

i wanted to use my DC Lon'qu somehow but game didn't want my dreams to be realized, and makes me want to regret what i did to Hector. i got to use him on the Lunatic map though, i can be content with that much..that was also an interesting run because the whole team except Lon'qu had WoM. my WoM Breath of Life Nino finally did what she was built for..

5 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I wasn't talking about the battle against Rudolf himself... at least I don't remember talking about the battle against Rudolf... I meant the majority of Alm's battles against the Rigelian forces leading up to the final battle against Rudolf throughout Echoes Chapter 3 and 4. Save for the brief detour to Fear Mountain and the Necrodragon nest of course, but either way.

After using two bars of stamina, I finally did it in Lunatic. Quite the shit, I can say.

Team was :

• Michalis (40, 5*) (Bonfire, Iote's Shield and Threaten Def are important, using Lancebreaker can be useful, but not needed) at the right spot.
  • Katarina (40, 5*) (+Atk -HP) (Raourblade+, Glacies, Swift Sparrow was needed) at the bottom-left spot
  • Azura (39, 5*) (Fortify Res 3 was needed) at the bottom-right spot
  • Eliwood (38, 5*) or any unit not blue and not armored with at least 28 speed and 46 atk at the top spot

Strategy :

Spoiler
  • Katarina and Azura moves from one tile to the left. Michalis, one tile to the top. Your last unit (Eliwood in my case) at the top of Michalis.
    • The archer and Berkut will attack Michalis.
    • The mages attack Katarina
    • The axe horse moves with the mages
  • Destroy the green horses with Katarina and with the dance of Azura. Finish Berkut with Michalis and kill the archer horse with the last unit.
  • Kill the red mage horse with Azura in the next turn

The movement of the axe horse is determined by the unit at the top spot. So that's why blue units are a no-go for this strategy. I didn't try with green units, so be careful with that.

Edited by Ledrert

Cleared Berkut infernal a second time, this time including Alm and Celica for thematic purposes. (Strategy was basically WoM abuse. Apparently Alm can take on the green mage and red mage cavalier by himself after hone speed)

Edited by Korath88

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Four princesses maim this prince’s pride… with hot Obstruct action!

All hail Sakurawhale, our Lord and saviour.

What I want to know is how this person practices their GHB runs. Or whether they pre-prepare all the math (which is possible here, but that's a lot of it).

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

What I want to know is how this person practices their GHB runs. Or whether they pre-prepare all the math (which is possible here, but that's a lot of it).

It could have been try 129 for all we know, although he must have calculated some of this before hand.

It seems WoM is the real winner this time around though, as both he and pretty much all free clears seem to have used it (all still pretty ridicilous though).

55 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

He tries a lot of combinations in practice instead of just calculating it out. Which is part of why he hated that Gronnraven TA mage Cav in Clarisse's GHB so much.

Done Lunatic, but Infernal is trickier. They really made it trickier for you to abuse Horse Emblem so you don't steamroll woth Xander/Reinhardt

I used Wings of Mercy shenanigans in my main account. It was Olivia, Hector with WoM and Bonfire, Tharja with Desperation and HP+3 seal and Merric with Fortify Res seal and Renewal/Ardent Sacrifice (optional). I put Tharja to bait the mages on bottom left, the Spur Res from Merric is critical to survive as my Tharja is -Res, and Fortify Res seals adds damage. Hector baits Berkut on top right and Olivia sits next to Hector with Spur Def seal since my Hector is -Def.

Tharja is left with single digit health as the green cavaliers and red mage attack her. This is important but unfortunately she can't touch the red mage who sits on a fort tile, which is where WoM comes in! Hector with Bonfire charged up flies in between Tharja and Red mage, leaving the red mage with 7 health. Green mage is left with 3 health which Olivia can finish off after she flies down next to Tharja.

After that Tharja can clean up bow knight, Hector/Merric deals with Berkut and Olivia/Tharja for axe cavalier.

Originally i used Linde and Fortify Res to make sure Tharja survived initial mage assault but even she couldn't do good damage to the red mage with Distant Def on a fort tile and is in danger of the green mage/cavalier.

in my other account, i used Delthea and Sanaki for bottom right while Summer Tiki and Olivia dealt with Berkut and bow knight. Sanaki brushed off green mage while Delthea deals with red mage. Summer Tiki is great at melee combat with Close Def. Unfortunately same strategy fals in Infernal as Sanak is doubled straight away by the mage cavalier on turn 1.

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Four princesses maim this prince’s pride… with hot Obstruct action!

All hail Sakurawhale, our Lord and saviour.

1:20 He was like "oh no, she's in danger" and I'm just sitting here like "you're the one that put her there" lol 

Anyway, hopefully they release Ursula's map again so I get a copy of her. 

Edited by tobuShogi

On 7/18/2017 at 9:25 PM, JSND said:

The reason most people have difficulty with GHB is because they didn't do the god strats of "Just use Cecilia"

You mean "Just use Nino" ;P

Edited by Oboro!

Just now, JSND said:

Ostian Age has gone its now the age of Etrurian Sensei Scum

The fall of Camelot

Etrurian scum was too scared of Bern to do anything about it. Kektor at the very least looked death straight in the eye.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The fall of Camelot

Etrurian scum was too scared of Bern to do anything about it. Kektor at the very least looked death straight in the eye.

Kektor still lose though kek

I mean we all know the reason kektor lose is because Lycia lost the guy who is by far their strongest fighter and ruler to Fire Emblem parent disease but idk Kektor should have carried with beard that epic

Edited by JSND

9 minutes ago, JSND said:

Kektor still lose though kek

I mean we all know the reason kektor lose is because Lycia lost the guy who is by far their strongest fighter and ruler to Fire Emblem parent disease but idk Kektor should have carried with beard that epic

Clearly the solution was QR on Armads when HP >= 0% kappa

In all seriousness he would have trashed Bern singlehandedly if he had Armads with him in the first place, I'm pretty sure he tucked it away after FE7 even though he knew what was coming to him in the future.

*Ahem* topic. Why build Berkut to be a Res tank when he has nowhere near enough Spd to deal with magical hits? Being blue doesn't help either with how common cinnamon roll and Etrurian scum are.