2nd Feh Channel (27th July 2017)

Armagon

loved all the new stuff coming. the changes to summoning in particular? *kisses fingers* beautiful. If comical that they're solving the 4 star problem by literally just...swapping the rates....

That said

In this specific case I think it might have mattered. Discounting Celica, there were only 6 units to fill out 5 slots after Alm, Tobin & the askr member.  They have to choose Faye or Genny (or both, I guess) no matter what, and both of them are 5* only. I don't see them putting a 5* exclusive unit as a 20% bonus

it's like they specifically went out of their way to spite me by not only putting a 5* in the 20% category, but putting two of them there. And no askr trio. And also every unit that isn't Berkut & Clive is 5* exclusive. If I hadn't thrown every orb I could I wouldn't have ever gotten Sonya, so I got pretty lucky! Saber probably should have been 40% at the very least.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Othin said:

How about we all agree to not keep arguing over things Ana said that the conversation has shifted very far away from?

this is the correct course of action

I just watched the stream again and the Free Summon is also only applicable to Banners starting on August 7th onwards.

Which is a real bummer.

I guess I'll have to wait to see if a SS Banner shows up, otherwise I'll probably try to get a TT Hero or S!Corrin.

And then a SS Banner shows up AFTER the GHB...

4 hours ago, KongDude said:

If people would just adapt to the situation when Ana posts, and just NOT respond to it, things would be a lot quieter. That or quit putting down anything that annoys her. Nobody's even trying to avoid the hissy fits. And it sounds unfair that the only way to avoid it is for you to change, but it doesn't help that many of the responses she gets is just unneeded corrections and disagreement. Let her have her word if she wants because everyone let's everybody else do so.

There is one simple reason people pay attention to her a lot more.

Because she clutters threads and she has to respond and put her foot down every time it relates to something she likes or disliked. Her being noticed because she is so vocal is only a result of her own actions.

Expecting the forum members to cater to her is a little out there. I've been here since the early days of the FE6 translation patch and have seen my share of vocal members come and go. And none has as much prescence and problems with the general playerbase with behavior as much as she has.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 hours ago, Integrity said:
4 hours ago, Othin said:

How about we all agree to not keep arguing over things Ana said that the conversation has shifted very far away from?

this is the correct course of action

25 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

...<snip>

Is there really any reason for this thread to continue?  All the news we got out of this has split into several different topics specific to what was discussed such that the only thing left to discuss in this thread is off-topic related jibber-jabber or redundancy.  Between this and the general thread, we have 3 possible threads to look for if we want to read about one of the new upcoming features/events.

47 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Because she clutters threads and she has to respond and put her foot down every time it relates to something she likes or disliked. Her being noticed because she is so vocal is only a result of her own actions.

Expecting the forum members to cater to her is a little out there. I've been here since the early days of the FE6 translation patch and have seen my share of vocal members come and go. And none has as much prescence and problems with the general playerbase with behavior as much as she has.

ahem

EDIT: in case this isn't clear enough, this is dead done. if anacybele is a huge problem, i should see reports about her, not derails in threads. brush off ya shoulder.

Edited by Integrity

17 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Aversa GHB tho

I hope so, but who knows. It looks like they're preferring the seasonal route for tome fliers so far.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I hope so, but who knows. It looks like they're preferring the seasonal route for tome fliers so far.

Well, the only units who would have a chance of becoming tome fliers would be units from FE13 and 14, and I don't think we have had new ones since launch (apart from two GHB's). Considering the theme's they've had so far, they also didn't have a lot of options to add tome fliers outside of seasonal banners. We could get an easier obtainable one once they focus on giving us some new Awakening characters (instead of alternate customes of the ones already in the game).

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Well, the only units who would have a chance of becoming tome fliers would be units from FE13 and 14, and I don't think we have had new ones since launch (apart from two GHB's). Considering the theme's they've had so far, they also didn't have a lot of options to add tome fliers outside of seasonal banners. We could get an easier obtainable one once they focus on giving us some new Awakening characters (instead of alternate customes of the ones already in the game).

There are only 2 canon mage fliers in the series. Camilla was given an axe and Aversa hasn't shown up yet. I'd like more of them but IS seems to prefer melee weapons on fliers. Even if those units can't use them in their original game *cough cough* Narcien

44 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

There are only 2 canon mage fliers in the series. Camilla was given an axe and Aversa hasn't shown up yet. I'd like more of them but IS seems to prefer melee weapons on fliers. Even if those units can't use them in their original game *cough cough* Narcien

Most units are given their preferred weapons in Heroes, although there are few exception, but generally speaking, malig knights are axe users before they are mages, when dark fliers are tome users before they are lancer users, and similarly, kinshi knights too are archers before they are lancers. 

But what does IS smoke whenever they decide any unit that doesn't have personal weapon the wrong class and weapon... Nobody can guess. 

34 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Most units are given their preferred weapons in Heroes, although there are few exception, but generally speaking, malig knights are axe users before they are mages, when dark fliers are tome users before they are lancer users, and similarly, kinshi knights too are archers before they are lancers. 

But what does IS smoke whenever they decide any unit that doesn't have personal weapon the wrong class and weapon... Nobody can guess. 

Kinshi knights, huh? Hope they put Reina in there... we need more ranged fliers (and more fliers in general)

Ok so... Let's see here... wow this is overwhelming.

1. Bound Hero Battle: Cecillia & Lillina

The theme continues, the characters are from the same game and their fates are bound together. This one is fine but I don't really care. I kinda wish they switched it up and did something like if you clear the battle you can choose one of the two units at random and get a neutral version of the character at *1 rarity. I think that would make this a lot more unique and different from the GHB. It would also give the 1-2 star rating more place as once you get all those daily units it's basically over. You have to put in quite a bit more work but how many people would turn down a *1 Ike or Hector? They will all raise them to *5 even if they're neutral. But eh, More orbs are always nice anyway, I'll never complain about that.

2. Tempest Trials

This isn't just an update, it's a quality of life improvement. I don't use Auto, but it's a Godsend to have, Reserve Team system streamlines the process, now everyone of all levels can compete, the bonus every day of the trial makes the slog to 100k MUCH faster as well. What really got me though was the bonus ally boost. Seriously Basically making them a +10 version of themselves was ridiculous, the SP and EXP boost is simply overkill. My Delthea is just going to bomb everything on the next trial. Clive is Clive. Hope he's better than Tobin but all the free units being swords and cavalry is getting old. If you're going to give us another cav, at least let it be an axe (With Distant Counter)

3. Arena Assault

It's likely that only the whales will be benefiting from this mode the first go around. Squad Assault was hard enough but 7 teams and you can only use one of each character? Items or no it's pretty ludicrous. Still insanely fun to try and with no entry cost there's no fear. More feather income and the sacred coins will play a big role later on which is exciting and scary at the same time. This mode also is going to force people to raise more units to 40 and branch out, something I'm excited to do.

Version 1.6

Catalog is fluff but cool at no real space cost since all the assets are already in the game. Hero Merit cap raise to 3000!!! This is NOT the only time this is going to happen, I guarantee that. This also gives me a reason to use my old units again since all my strongest are maxed, more feathers yet again. This game wants you to have 5 stars. They make you work but you're rewarded greatly for it.

Training Tower improvements interest me and I wonder what they're going to do. Maybe they've caught on that after you hit level 30 Chain Challenge normal becomes a better training ground in every way. Arena boosts are nice, no one uses that to grind but it's a nice little bonus for your strong units that are saving up for that QR3 or something. All in all the update is amazing.

Summer Festival and VG

FLYING. TOME. USER. I am a player that joined in April, 2 weeks after the end of the Spring banner so I've never even gazed upon S!Camilla. That being said I have a Hinoka (bad nature but hone flyers is a thing) and a +ATK Cherche and a +ATK Catria as well as a Palla and Caeda so the game wants me to have Flyer Emblem but it's impossible without a tome user. I don't know if a Blue tome flyer will be better than a green one but I'll take whatever I can get. The utility is amazing. This actually excites me for red tome flyer which will probably be Tharja in the Christmas banner now that I think about it (Halloween could be a thing though). Don't care for the other summer units though so I'll pass on them but maybe I'll pull for Leo.

Moving on from that, don't care about VGs but I'll support Fred since I have him. Still sour about no Summer Robin or Tiki, I really wanted Robin and those Valor skills but oh well. Wont be as heavy on participation for these though, I don't care about it and there's no clear winner to support. Probably Tiki though.

6-Month Anniversary

Man oh man... this event. There's never been a better time to be playing Heroes. Daily Orbs, new quests on top of the newly implemented Daily Quests they shadowed in on us a while ago means people will be swimming in orbs and they want you to spend them all up on these units. Hero Fest in particular is insane. I want every unit except Julia. Saving for CYL was never a thing for me but it would be hard if I tried.

Summoning Changes

Swapping the *3 for *4 rates needed to happen. Seems kind of weird on paper but the *3 stars have remained the same while the pool of *4 units is getting bigger and bigger so this is their way of solving the issue. I have no problem with that. A little less Reposition and Draw Back but the rewards far outweigh the cons. I STILL don't have Fury fodder while we're on that subject.

Premium summon is AMAZING but before anyone gets excited it probably is just a single unit. So 15-16 orbs for a full summon the first go around, more discounts in a gacha game that wants you to pay is welcome. I'm F2P but when money is coming in for me personally, they will be getting some of it, guaranteed. Not turning into a whale but a solid 20 bucks is something I'd be willing to do.

There has never been a better time to play and I'll be continuing to play. My iPhone is broken and I don't care. I'll be figuring something out and won't be missing out. 

Edited by Zeo

On 7/29/2017 at 11:52 AM, NekoKnight said:

There are two other hopes for a magic flier. Nichol, the malig knight prisoner unit, and Myrrh who is treated as a flying unit in Sacred Stones.

But they could just as easily give Nichol an axe (he was better with it) and Myrrh could be treated as infantry if we're just unlucky.

12 hours ago, r_n said:

There are two other hopes for a magic flier. Nichol, the malig knight prisoner unit, and Myrrh who is treated as a flying unit in Sacred Stones.

But they could just as easily give Nichol an axe (he was better with it) and Myrrh could be treated as infantry if we're just unlucky.

On 7/29/2017 at 11:42 PM, DraceEmpressa said:

Although I admit Myrrh could be a flier unit, and we could get infantry if we're unlucky.. Same deal with the herons and tellius dragons. 

13 hours ago, r_n said:

Any Myrrh would be lucky!

I'd be fine with Myrrh being green infantry as Fae is the only other green manakete to date. Her being a flier would be unique but not very useful because Flier Emblem is hurting more for ranged units than the ability to do magic damage.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Although I admit Myrrh could be a flier unit, and we could get infantry if we're unlucky.. Same deal with the herons and tellius dragons. 

Of those, only Myrrh, Reyson, and Leanne can fly in their untransformed state. The most likely implementation of Laguz would be that they transform only in combat (like dragons), meaning the black Dragon Tribe units wouldn't have a flying movement type despite having flying movement when transformed.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Of those, only Myrrh, Reyson, and Leanne can fly in their untransformed state. The most likely implementation of Laguz would be that they transform only in combat (like dragons), meaning the black Dragon Tribe units wouldn't have a flying movement type despite having flying movement when transformed.

To support this theory, Awakening dragons flies when transformed,  but walks like infantries . Meaning, what will decide will they be flier or infantry is their untrasnformed state, so, yeah, just Myrrh, Reyson and Leanne. 

Why do I get the feeling you NERDS missed the most amazing joke in the broadcast? 

"There are over 150 Heroes, but did you know there are over 200 types of owls? We're still in the lead ^v^"

Those stat boosts on bonus units sound really enticing. +10 HP, and +4 on the other 4 stats. Maybe I'll 5 star Berkut and use him on my team. I don't have a 1.4x bonus unit to sacrifice, but I'll make some of those points back on a one team clear. And with the new bonus mechanic, I need to up my highest possible score whatever way I can.

23 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Why do I get the feeling you NERDS missed the most amazing joke in the broadcast? 

"There are over 150 Heroes, but did you know there are over 200 types of owls? We're still in the lead ^v^"

Those stat boosts on bonus units sound really enticing. +10 HP, and +4 on the other 4 stats. Maybe I'll 5 star Berkut and use him on my team. I don't have a 1.4x bonus unit to sacrifice, but I'll make some of those points back on a one team clear. And with the new bonus mechanic, I need to up my highest possible score whatever way I can.

I loved that joke. Wonder if anyone's getting to breeding new breeds of owls to race the Heroes.

I dunno, technically Myrrh could be a flying dragon user. Right now, dragons count as infantry, there's no reason they can't have a dragon count as a flier.  The only issue would be is they definitely can't count a dragon as a horse and it would be a bit strange to see two movement types represented and not the third. 

I wouldn't be surprised if IS goes around this by just not releasing Myrrh.  There's always going to be other units to chose from, I could see them holding off on the more complex units as long as possible.

Im going to ignore the Reyson and Leanne topic because I've already argued about what Laguz are going to be like 5 times and I'm at the point where I just want to wait and see xD

Edited by Lushen

43 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Right now, dragons count as infantry, there's no reason they can't have a dragon count as a flier.

Not so much "dragons count as infantry". "Dragon" is technically a weapon type. "Infantry" is a movement type. There is neither a requirement that dragons be infantry nor anything strange about a unit counting as both dragon and infantry.

47 minutes ago, Lushen said:

There's always going to be other units to chose from, I could see them holding off on the more complex units as long as possible.

There's nothing complex about a unit being both dragon and flying. No more so than a unit being both sword and infantry.

46 minutes ago, Lushen said:

The only issue would be is they definitely can't count a dragon as a horse and it would be a bit strange to see two movement types represented and not the third. 

Armor exists.

Presently:

• Two movement types have red tomes. Two do not.
  • Three movement types have blue tomes. One does not.
  • Three movement types have green tomes. One does not.
  • Two movement types have staffs. Two do not.

I don't think there would be anything strange about two movement types having breath and the other two not.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not so much "dragons count as infantry". "Dragon" is technically a weapon type. "Infantry" is a movement type. There is neither a requirement that dragons be infantry nor anything strange about a unit counting as both dragon and infantry.

That's kind of what I was saying with different wording...

There's nothing complex about a unit being both dragon and flying. No more so than a unit being both sword and infantry.

Complex meaning that IS would have to make a decision about how to handle it.  Do they want to make Myrrh the only flying dragon or do they want to make all dragons infantry including Myrrh?  It's more complex than adding, say, Boyd.

Armor exists.

Cavalry was the thing that stuck out to me as totally impossible.  I don't know why they would make a dragon an armored unit, but they could.  Even if they made a new unit during the storyline.  Cavalry would make no sense.

20 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Cavalry was the thing that stuck out to me as totally impossible.  I don't know why they would make a dragon an armored unit, but they could.  Even if they made a new unit during the storyline.  Cavalry would make no sense.

Here, an armored dragon:

As for cavalry, we already have a dragon riding a dragon. Granted she can't transform, but it's a dragon riding a dragon.