Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

I don't know what to do anymore. I had 2000 flags saved for Leo final round but thats gone now. I'm just gonna mope. Idk what team I want. Idc anymore. Just need the orbs and I'm done.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

YS!Robin is a plain old melee unit while NS!Corrin is a flying mage. If they were both their normal versions, maybe it would have reflected their popularity better.

I agree with this. Because the summer versions were released so recently, I think people chose more based on how good they are as units/ which one they were lucky enough to pull as opposed to their actual favorite. Plus Flying tome users are way more rare and cool. After missing out on Spring Camilla, a lot of people weren't going to let that happen again with Summer Corrin.

Also, personally, I find the Summer Corrin artwork to be much more attractive the the Summer Robin artwork.

7 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I don't know what to do anymore. I had 2000 flags saved for Leo final round but thats gone now. I'm just gonna mope. Idk what team I want. Idc anymore. Just need the orbs and I'm done.

Go with Gaius. You can get a huge score if you wait for some later multipliers. You would be pretty much guaranteed top 1000 for the cumulative rank, and top 1000 for Team rank shouldn't be too hard either.

Edited by Hawk King

Man, I sure wish the summonings were being more kind to me then they are recently, I could of gotten corrin to help me get bonuses on her team.... oh well.

Corrin's army will never see a multiplier again. Just bust your flags out then sleep for the rest of the gauntlet, is what I would do.

But since I'm in Gaius' army, I am being very conservative with flag usage this early on. We will see bonus hours often enough, even towards the end. Maximum point output is my goal, for the highest feather rewards.

Had I been thinking about culmative ranking I would have gone with Gaius. I opted for the guaranteed 500 feathers from winning with Corrin.

Well that's a bummer. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

Corrin's army will never see a multiplier again. Just bust your flags out then sleep for the rest of the gauntlet, is what I would do.

Yeah, pretty much what I'm doing.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

As it is now, there only positive from being on the undeserving multiplier receiver underdog.  They all rank very easily due to multipliers, and they can even win and get feathers that way, while having only half the players supporting them.

Aye, when you consider that there is a ranking system tied with in-game rewards to this game mode then yes, it's flawed. Under the current ruleset both the team and cumulative scores are bloated as a result of multipliers which, since the majority of them tend to happen in the beginning of matches, also means that your timezone plays into wether you can feasibly catch them or not. 

Granted, I'm at a point in the game where my roster is padded out enough that having feathers to promote another 5* is for most of the time just gravy - so feathers don't matter as much to me any more as they did when in the beginning.

But for a new player? This would be a perfect event to earn feathers to promote that much needed 5* to clear harder challenges (TT is too steep for a newcomer fresh with maybe one full summon and the Askr Trio).

To me the better way to rank these scores would be to calculate them without any multiplier. That way they promote players to play as often as they can and it lessens the amount of "dead hours" in which the best course of action for teams to win means "don't play the game and avoid giving the opponent a multiplier" (which indirectly affects your feathers, since by not playing you're throwing out free Hero merit for each matchup you don't participate in).

As for wether to keep the multiplier at all...I'm torn, but the inflating scale for the multiplier is certainly too big imo. There's always going to be one character who is more popular than the others, since the whole point of the Gauntlet from a business perspective is to bank money on focus banner with the most popular characters.  There's little way around that in the end.

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Had I been thinking about culmative ranking I would have gone with Gaius. I opted for the guaranteed 500 feathers from winning with Corrin.

Well that's a bummer. Oh well.

POUND IT INTO YOUR HEAD 

THE UNDERDOG

ALWAYS

GETS

MORE

FEATHERS 

I just checked the Summer Gauntlet data Google spread sheet. If I am reading it correctly, Corrin did not get a single multiplier at all in the beginning.

Just now, XRay said:

I just checked the Summer Gauntlet data Google spread sheet. If I am reading it correctly, Corrin did not get a single multiplier at all in the beginning.

She certainly did not! In fact, Gaius got 2 multiplier hours in a row early on! And in the previous hour, Corrin scored 7x as many points as Gaius did in the same hour.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is that really a big surprise?

Anyway, I really hope the next gauntlet is more fun. This one was fun for me in the beginning, what with fighting for Freddy and all, but then it just sucked because of all the negativity over the multiplier and Gaius upsetting people, and such, and this is on top of my disappointment of Freddy losing...

I'm still not against the multiplier system, but maybe it DOES need tweaking again.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Gaius upsetting people

He's a no good thief who deserves to die for his terrible behavior and basic cheating!

HE'S NOTHING BUT SCUM 

Why am I on team Gaius though

I still think the scores should be based on system like an arena match, where the number of surviving units at the end influences the score, and then the overall team scores would be the average of everyone. That would instantly make it perfectly fair, with the team size being irrelevant, and without the need for a multiplier.

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

He's a no good thief who deserves to die for his terrible behavior and basic cheating!

HE'S NOTHING BUT SCUM 

But those who abandon even one of their allies are worse than scum

idk where I'm going with this, I just wanted to make the reference just cause

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

HE'S NOTHING BUT SCUM 

You're crapping on him, but still joined his team? Really? :/

12 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

POUND IT INTO YOUR HEAD 

THE UNDERDOG

ALWAYS

GETS

MORE

FEATHERS 

Not when the multipliers are in the wee hours of the morning and you can't get any of them. I got 1.7k feathers from Frederick and 1.3k from Robin. I would have gotten more just from picking corring and getting 1.3k twice. And I wouldn't have to sacrifice sleep to do it.

I honestly got the most feathers on the first gauntlet I was a part of when I just picked Tharja.

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

She certainly did not! In fact, Gaius got 2 multiplier hours in a row early on! And in the previous hour, Corrin scored 7x as many points as Gaius did in the same hour.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is that really a big surprise?

Anyway, I really hope the next gauntlet is more fun. This one was fun for me in the beginning, what with fighting for Freddy and all, but then it just sucked because of all the negativity over the multiplier and Gaius upsetting people, and such, and this is on top of my disappointment of Freddy losing...

I'm still not against the multiplier system, but maybe it DOES need tweaking again.

I fell asleep trying to stay up late for the multiplier. I remember seeing the clock on my computer hitting 3 am, but I do not remember anything past that, so I must have fell asleep right after I saw the time. When I woke up this morning, I thought I missed out on a lot of multipliers, but I guess I did not.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:49 PM, Anacybele said:

I found this guy on the Gaius leaderboards. We're all just here for the feathers, we know Gaius is going to crash and burn anyways.

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I found this guy on the Gaius leaderboards. We're all just here for the feathers, we know Gaius is going to crash and burn anyways.

IMG_4563.PNG

Haha, well, I like seeing someone that likes Freddy!

But how did people change their names like this? I've not found any option in the game that lets a player change their name.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found it. Nevermind lol.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

POUND IT INTO YOUR HEAD 

THE UNDERDOG

ALWAYS

GETS

MORE

FEATHERS 

Underdog feathers require snaggin all them bonus hours, especially for in-army scoring. Also each victory on the winning team is worth more than an individual cumulative rank.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes! Yes I am!

BURN GAIUS

WHAT A LOSER

But also, give me more feathers please

Spoiler

I hope you know I'm not being serious... I'm not bashing his character or anything heh

I'm just bitter because Leo should be here

And that seriously seriously seriously seriously steams my clams....

Spoiler

But I still joined because feathers....

Spoiler

I'm a treacherous mechanism just like Arcanite :(

@Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Not when the multipliers are in the wee hours of the morning and you can't get any of them

Gaius is still getting multipliers 

The multipliers that come later are better anyway :p

Just now, a bear said:

Underdog feathers require snaggin all them bonus hours, especially for in-army scoring. Also each victory on the winning team is worth more than an individual cumulative rank.

You get better multipliers later anyway so you really don't even need "all"

you just need to be there for the SUPER high ones!

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Yes! Yes I am!

BURN GAIUS

WHAT A LOSER

But also, give me more feathers please

Arcanite, I think you're cool and all, but now you're just making no sense to me. xP

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

But those who abandon even one of their allies are worse than scum

idk where I'm going with this, I just wanted to make the reference just cause

Is this referencing what I think it's referencing? 

Just now, Anacybele said:

Arcanite, I think you're cool and all, but now you're just making no sense to me. xP

I never make sense, what are you talking about

Gaius gives more points because of multiplier and his team has less players so it's easier to rank. That's why joining his team gives you more "goods"

Team Corrin doesn't have that, but I could've went with them for the revenge of The Sith Leo. But that wouldn't give me anywhere near as much points...

So here I am on Team Gaius! I HATE HIM!

but.... feathers....

19 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

HE'S NOTHING BUT SCUM 

Because you're nothing but scum yourself?

Spoiler

Just kidding, you're still one of my favourite characters in fates.

26 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

POUND IT INTO YOUR HEAD 

THE UNDERDOG

ALWAYS

GETS

MORE

FEATHERS 

With the multiplier, that's not really true anymore. When I went team Elise last gauntlet, I made the top 1K of each round rather easily, and even made it into the top 5K cummulative. I can tell you that's not going to happen again this time (and even if I did, I would still get less because no winning feathers).