Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

8 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't think gameplay reason would have help her that much.

She is one of two flying mages and she has much better artwork.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Man...this is just an absolute slaughter.

Gaius has had more bonus hours than I care to count and he's still super far behind. Imagine if this didn't even have bonuses.

Just to put things in perspective, Elise got the multiplier 14 times total in Round 1. Gaius has already had it 11 times in this round.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just to put things in perspective, Elise got the multiplier 14 times total in Round 1. Gaius has already had it 11 times in this round.

Take away the fans who disappear on opportunity cost, and her opponent does... worse?

(Or he's due for only three more multipliers somehow).

4 hours ago, Lushen said:

I think the VG is broken now and it was slightly less broken before.  The best way they could have repaired the VG is to just use their brains when deciding who to use.  They could have used close matche'd CYL which is proven to work (Chrom v. Ephraim was very close and they were very close in CYL).  

Easier said than done.

Ephraim v. Chrom was decided in favor of Ephraim by a margin of 0.7%. The second closest match was Subaki v. Beruka with a margin of 4.4%. This gives you an idea of what needs to happen in order for a "close match" to occur.

Now take a look at the CYL results. Chrom beat Ephraim by a margin of 60%, which would have been a complete blow-out in Voting Gauntlet terms.

The closest match of this Voting Gauntlet (based on scores without counting multipliers) was Gaius v. Frederick, where Frederick had the lead by about 5-10%. The CYL results, though, have Gaius ahead by a margin of 142%.

Robin led Tiki in the first round by roughly 20-25%, but led in CYL by only 6%.

The CYL results are clearly not at all predictive of Voting Gauntlet performance. With only straight points, a winner is virtually decided if the score difference is around 5-10% because no amount of rally is going to be enough to out-rally the opponent's counter rally in the following hour, not to mention the winning team tends to rally in the last two hours or so even without being behind.

Not to mention it's nearly impossible to produce a themed tournament using only characters that place "close" to each other in CYL.

4 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

All the multiplier really does is allow upsets to happen, and I don't see the point of that in a popularity contest.

That's because Voting Gauntlet is a game mode first and a popularity contest second. If it fails to function as a game mode, then there's no point in putting it in the game.

If this were first and foremost a popularity contest instead of a game mode, you shouldn't need to complete a map to gain the right to vote, you shouldn't need to play other parts of the game to give yourself more votes, and you shouldn't be allowed more votes in the first place anyways.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Take away the fans who disappear on opportunity cost, and her opponent does... worse?

(Or he's due for only three more multipliers somehow).

He means we're only halfway through this round and Gaius has almost gotten as many multipliers as Elise got her entire round.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He means we're only halfway through this round and Gaius has almost gotten as many multipliers as Elise got her entire round.

Which is amazing, because unlike Elise, there's nothing along the lines of 'Elise would have more support, but her fans are busy supporting someone else'.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just curious, how is everyone ranking in these large teams?

25,746 with 111,600. I'm going to spend the 200 Arena flags I have yet to claim later today and the remaining 800 tomorrow at the end of the gauntlet. Hopefully I can stay in my current bracket (I could promote due to keeping 600 flags from last round, but I don't expect it.)

Cumulative rank 31,116. Don't think I'll be keeping up with Gaius.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unranked in Team Corrin right now (score of 3,520) since I'm sitting on my remaining flags (2,710) until it gets down to like the last 10 hours or so of the round. My overall rank is sitting at 20,645 (score of 908,420).

Currently ranked 20,377 with 223,430 points. But it's going to tank soon, because I'll be sleeping in a few hours. I'm hoping that the final multipliers will be enough to bring my score higher up and I still have about 1,600 left. I've been throwing in some 50-100 occasionally to keep my score afloat.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Unranked with 35,370 points on Team Corrin. Was in the 90,000's a few hours ago.

Rank 52,386 with 522,794 points cumulative.

I have 800 flags left right now and 400 waiting for quests to complete themselves (only missing the 10 arena match quests and 5 green and colorless quests).

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

At the moment, I'm ranked 41,162 with 90,190 points on Team Corrin. I went into this battle without any flags, so I'm using the ones given to us in this round only. I'm saving 400 flags to use at the end, and I still have 305 flags to get from quests and the dailies. I also kind of stopped caring a ton, so it doesn't matter to me how I rank. 

Cumulatively, I'm ranked 7,939. I ranked in the top 200 for the first round and top 100 for the second round on Leo's team. I'm kind of hoping I can stay in the top 10k overall, but it's fine if I don't. I'm pretty sure it won't be hard to rank in the top 30k at least. 

That's interesting

I'm rank 26,781 (1900 flags left) and 21,7111 (2800 flags left) in Team Gaius, so just around the average rank, just waiting to use the flags later. Still need to grab the last Arena ones during the refresh.

I'm going to have to start spending some without multipliers soon though, since sleep/work beckons for tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I repeatedly got a Tharja+10 and was briefly wondering whose she was. The truth was surprising: she was @Ice Dragon’s! I thought you only were a dragon dragon.

Meanwhile, I got the same Tharja and realised it immediately. The +10 was a tip-off.

Then I read the thread I missed overnight and spotted the switch.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I repeatedly got a Tharja+10 and was briefly wondering whose she was. The truth was surprising: she was @Ice Dragon’s! I thought you only were a dragon dragon.

I'm busy showing off a bit. I couldn't resist given the venue.

I also figure Tharja's a bit more useful than Tiki since she actually has normal buffs and isn't completely crippled against green.

I might switch to Minerva sometime tomorrow (just to show off, also because she has a dragon). I just got her to +10 and am pretty proud of her, too. I think she'd go well for anyone fielding Summer Corrin since she's got Hone Fliers on her.

Now, would people prefer her with Fury or Life and Death in her A slot?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I also figure Tharja's a bit more useful than Tiki since she actually has normal buffs and isn't completely crippled against green.

I might switch to Minerva sometime tomorrow (just to show off, also because she has a dragon). I just got her to +10 and am pretty proud of her, too. I think she'd go well for anyone fielding Summer Corrin since she's got Hone Fliers on her.

Note to self- do not bring Fae to the final hours.

Since I've largely been using Hana, I'd personally want Fury. However, if Life & Death is the consensus on others, I could always switch back to Delthea.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I've been on team Corrin the entire time and my army rank for this round is currently 3008 with a score of 231,000.  I have 810 flags left to spend.

Cumulative score is currently 889,730 and rank 21,691.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, he isn't solely a dragon guy. I had plenty of fun with his +10 5* Peri back in the healer gauntlet though I've also been getting his Tharja relatively often in this current round as well.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My Blarblade Corrin would very much like that Minerva. I'm perfectly fine with whoever you put out there though.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oooh, your +10 characters would be a lot of fun to use.  If you have any space left on your list, may I add you?  (If so, what is your ID?) :^_^:

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Oooh, your +10 characters would be a lot of fun to use.  If you have any space left on your list, may I add you?  (If so, what is your ID?) :^_^:

PMed. :]

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Team Corrin: I was unranked with 3560 points until last night when I decided to start spending some flags (I had 2600 saved up). My score is now 91670 and my Rank 71632 (total rank 27459).