Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You mean people hacking into their account?

Doxxing specifically means getting hold of personal information such as; real names, home address, phone number, Zip Code etc. and then threathen to make it public.

If they do so by means of hacking is another matter.

Ninja'd

Edited by Tactician_Iris

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The more..."popular" characters tend to have more of those...err, how should I say this..."toxic" people...for a lack of a better term.

Larger populations will have more toxic people than smaller populations.  Got it.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Doxxing is a bit more than that.  I know you as "Zangetsu" - I have no idea what your real name is, where you live, who you're related to, etc., nor do I really care.  When you're doxxed, that means that "Zangetsu" is (insert you name here) who lives in (insert your home address here) and can be contacted at (insert your phone number here).  People have received death threats via phone before.  People related to doxxed people have received similar things.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's bad, and is very much not allowed on SF.

But you guys can prevent that here, right?

Just now, JJ48 said:

Larger populations will have more toxic people than smaller populations.  Got it.

Nice attempt at "sarcasm" there. More like those bad apples are far more...vocal in the bigger fanbases. 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But you guys can prevent that here, right?

If i can catch it in time.  However, if someone decides to take a screenshot of the info before it's removed, it will be out there.  Hence why doxxing is bad, and the fact that it happened during this gauntlet is bad.

22 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

1: As noted, Ike fans are going to get smug(ger) and (even more) arrogant.

As a Lyn fan, you don't have any room to judge another character's fandom right now after the shit some of your brethren pulled. Oh, and there are plenty of us Ike fans who are respectful and don't try and shove him down other people's throats. I'd appreciate it if you and others like Lord-Zero would stop painting us all as arrogant jackasses. Just as those doxxing assholes don't represent all Lyn fans those guys do not represent all us Ike fans.

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Wooo, managed to sneak into Rank 9,878 in Team Camilla in the final hour so that's good.

Also Rank 2,274 for Team Ike, which I think is the highest I've ranked in a final round. Nice!

Around 30,000 tier all around for total ranking.

Congrats to Team Ike, and @Rezzy your Titania is such an MVP and kept coming to Ike's aid very often :)

Also shout out to @XRay's Bride Cordelia. She's a pleasure to use especially with Cancel Affinity!

Thanks. I switched out her Desperation because she either kills a lot of things in two hits or dies on the counter attack, so it was kind of hard to activate Desperation.

Ike vs Lyn was the true final battle of this gauntlet. This final round was nothing. Ike did what he needed to do and crushed a pitiful opponent that should not have made it to the final round. The feathers were nice though.

I prefer gauntlets with characters I don't care about. Makes things less irritating. Like the healer gauntlet. That one just sucked for me for feathers.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If i can catch it in time.  However, if someone decides to take a screenshot of the info before it's removed, it will be out there.  Hence why doxxing is bad, and the fact that it happened during this gauntlet is bad.

All I can ask is for you guys do your best, thank you for that.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Ike vs Lyn was the true final battle of this gauntlet. This final round was nothing. Ike did what he needed to do and crushed a pitiful opponent that should not have made it to the final round. The feathers were nice though.

I prefer gauntlets with characters I don't care about. Makes things less irritating. Like the healer gauntlet. That one just sucked for me for feathers.

I prefer gauntlets where I like all of the characters.  That way, I'm happy no matter what!

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I was just sad that Serra didn't make that one.  T_T

Well, I'm glad that's over with. I can only hope that the newly-ignited 3DS hate that came from this gauntlet doesn't stick around, but I fear that having Camilla come that close is going to keep it around and strong for a long time. I would have preferred it to be someone other than Ike to win(he represents a lot of stuff about both FE itself and the fandom that I am not fond of), but c'est la vie. 

Just now, Zeo said:

You're kind of a ray of sunshine, you know that?

I try~!  Being sad/disappointed/mad/frustrated is a terrible feeling, and I really don't want to feel that when I'm playing a game from a series I love.

50 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I recall the devs stating that Ike's personality was inspired by Hector too. An honorary Hector indeed.

Never heard that myself, and while I think Hector > Ike personality-wise, I can totally see Ike being inspired by Hector. Though I, out of criticism of FE's writing, have derided all lords as to being either to: perfection with soft appearances- Marths, warriors with tough appearances- Sigurds, and cliched females. It isn't quite this bad perhaps, but I think its rather too close still.

31 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well now that this gauntlet is over, I'm dreading some things.

Dread during the Voting Gauntlet, dread after the voting gauntlet, dread before the next one. Dread is a natural part of life I guess- but if FEH is what dreads you the most, how fortunate you are!

34 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I just hope the next batch of characters for the next gauntlet aren't of the super popular kind. 

Would unpopular characters be worthy of being in a gauntlet? Would their fights be so intense? I doubt it.

By the way, why were all of us (including myself I honestly profess) like elephants in musk? Seems rather silly and meaningless now. Perhaps we should rob a nitrous oxide (laughing gas) plant the next time a Gauntlet comes up. Instead of "Robin is too perfect- to hell with them!" we'd be saying "Robin, Robin? Purrrrrfect!" and "Sooorreen, flllyyying! Everyone now!"

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like Lyn fans are any better? They were the ones that caused a shitshow. As a big Ike fan, I was feeling bad because this behavior basically said it was wrong for me to enjoy the gauntlet the way I did.

I want to celebrate Ike's victory, but I find myself unable to despite my happiness that he won.

And all in all, every fanbase has bad apples. You can't say that if Lyn had won, some of her fans wouldn't have gotten more smug and arrogant.

I don't know why you feel you can't be happy for Ike's victory. He didn't win by any upsets so people are satisfied.

If he lost to an upset, however, I'm sure there would be a great amount of saltiness from his fanbase. You saw a "shit-show" from some Lyn fans because they felt cheated from their victory. That's how any fanbase acts.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I try~!  Being sad/disappointed/mad/frustrated is a terrible feeling, and I really don't want to feel that when I'm playing a game from a series I love.

That's the right way to be. There will be quite a bit more sunshine in my little corner of heroes once Lyn finally shows her face. 

This game is for you and your favorites, it would be considerably more enjoyable if my #1 favorite character would show up out of the 2 banner she's in.

Just now, NekoKnight said:

I don't know why you feel you can't be happy for Ike's victory. He didn't win by any upsets so people are satisfied.

If he lost to an upset, however, I'm sure there would be a great amount of saltiness from his fanbase. You saw a "shit-show" from some Lyn fans because they felt cheated from their victory. That's how any fanbase acts.

I'm not saying I can't be happy for Ike's victory, I AM happy about it. I said I can't seem to celebrate it or say I enjoyed the gauntlet without feeling bad about enjoying it because of the shitshowing...

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

That's the right way to be. There will be quite a bit more sunshine in my little corner of heroes once Lyn finally shows her face. 

This game is for you and your favorites, it would be considerably more enjoyable if my #1 favorite character would show up out of the 2 banner she's in.

Almost all of my favorite characters don't exist in this game. . .but that's okay, because it means that I can find new favorites in the current roster~!

Good luck with your Lyn pulls!  TT banner's your best bet IMO.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I'm not saying I can't be happy for Ike's victory, I AM happy about it. I said I can't seem to celebrate it or say I enjoyed the gauntlet without feeling bad about enjoying it because of the shitshowing...

Ike won in the end, so join the other revelers for this historic moment!

I think Lyn would have defeated him but who knows.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and there are plenty of us Ike fans who are respectful and don't try and shove him down other people's throats. I'd appreciate it if you and others like Lord-Zero would stop painting us all as arrogant jackasses. Just as those doxxing assholes don't represent all Lyn fans those guys do not represent all us Ike fans.

I took extra care to add "noticeable" as a way to say that it's not all of them. It's the bad apples that are making the good ones look bad. You taking offense is understandable but it doesn't help.  

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Almost all of my favorite characters don't exist in this game. . .but that's okay, because it means that I can find new favorites in the current roster~!

Now that is positive- I have difficulties opening up to the casts of the more recent games for fear of being burned by them (and the plots) by opening up. And I'm not without some justification- Anna lost likability from me the way she abuses her connection to Tiki in her Awakening support. Thus, I spurn the characters completely and play for the gameplay alone. Tis a little hallow though- because I know I'm missing out on something.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Whoa, just coming in and...why are we treating supporters of Lyn and Ike as if they're responsible for the actions of others on their team? 

The guilt by association is getting real right now.

Well, this. I was on team Lyn and I definitely didn’t deanonymise or flame anybody. And the majority didn’t.

And then I was on team Camilla and guess what, didn’t deanonymise or flame anybody. And the majority didn’t.

Team Lyn and team Ike are not some singular entities that always behave the same, hey, what the hell is that.