Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

God I tried auto battling on 5 and it is just painful to watch, the AI is just so dumb 

Yes. The AI is very, very stupid. I ended up slapping Renewal on Reinhardt and Lachesis to increase their chances to survive. The setup of 3 attackers and a healer with no weapon equipped worked for most maps. The AI did make good use of Reposition, though. 

Changed idea (another time ...) and switched Arden (plus Amelia) in. Also Klein went out to give Lachesis her debut in this TT, she only has the basic hone RES seal to buff Tailtiu. Also the lack of Rehabilitate hurts a bit (gave it to every other healer except her), because its taking a lot of turns healing Ardens 70 HP with physic/Imbue. The team works surprisingly good, even if Arden wants Death Blow and Bonfire more than I thought. 

Edited by mampfoid
Tailtiu

Ugh. Finally reached 100k. Not bad for just having Arvis/Arden but wouldn't want to go through it again (I was just lucky I had more spare time this TT period)

At least most maps were pain-free, unless it's the Eldigan/Lachesis map and it's full of cavalry/mages...

Now just SP grinding/levelling Arden and my new 4 star Lachesis. Might as well use them to get HM, this is about as much use as Lachesis will get...

I know I’m feeling the grind when I gradually stop caring and start rushing every battle =P . Out of pure curiosity, I timed myself; one Stamina bar of L7s took about 22 minutes. Oh well...it’ll be over soon.

Shoot, I'm only at 80K. I should split the remaining grind between today and tomorrow. Can't leave those feathers on the table.

Arvis has been the best 20% unit ever to be stuck with. Recovery Ring plus Ardent Sacrifice and being a good mage make him an excellent carry for generic teams. In fact, I would say this TT's bonus unit list was deceptively thoughtful.

22 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

[...]

Arvis has been the best 20% unit ever to be stuck with. Recovery Ring plus Ardent Sacrifice and being a good mage make him an excellent carry for generic teams. In fact, I would say this TT's bonus unit list was deceptively thoughtful.

Arvis has been great in this TT, true. But I can't agree on the bonus units: 5 out of 8 are red, all of the 40% units are 5* exclusive and available only since a short period of time. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Arvis has been great in this TT, true. But I can't agree on the bonus units: 5 out of 8 are red, all of the 40% units are 5* exclusive and available only since a short period of time. 

Having so many be red is annoying. Especially since the only ones I have are among the reds ones..

I wanted to HM farm Eldigan and Arden but I'd have to gimp my points to not have too much red on the team. I'd rather keep getting perfect runs to protect my sanity journeying to the 5K range.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

At least they have the advantage against Julia. Even Arden can survive Julia one time with his massive HP.

i think we just lucked out with Arvis being available though as a good Julia counter. The sudden announcement and period to get 40% was undesirable. Really wish they gave out calendars again

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Having so many be red is annoying. Especially since the only ones I have are among the reds ones..

I wanted to HM farm Eldigan and Arden but I'd have to gimp my points to not have too much red on the team. I'd rather keep getting perfect runs to protect my sanity journeying to the 5K range.

Well I got Eldigan to 2000 HM (has been at ~700 before TT), Arden to 1000 HM (actually running him), Arvis and Sigurd to 3000 HM. 

It's just difficult to have more than 1 bonus unit on the team, because most of them are red. 

Just now, mcsilas said:

At least they have the advantage against Julia. Even Arden can survive Julia one time with his massive HP.

i think we just lucked out with Arvis being available though as a good Julia counter. The sudden announcement and period to get 40% was undesirable. Really wish they gave out calendars again

Compared to Veronica, Julia is not much of an issue. She got a slight boost in comparison to the other 4 units in the last map, but you don't need to have a special plan for her. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Well I got Eldigan to 2000 HM (has been at ~700 before TT), Arden to 1000 HM (actually running him), Arvis and Sigurd to 3000 HM. 

It's just difficult to have more than 1 bonus unit on the team, because most of them are red. 

Exactly. It'd be nice if I had Dierde or Tailtiu so I could more comfortably fit Elidgan and Arden in for a while, while keeping a 40% bonus.

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Exactly. It'd be nice if I had Dierde or Tailtiu so I could more comfortably fit Elidgan and Arden in for a while, while keeping a 40% bonus.

I just got Tailtiu as a 4* unit and promoted her to 5* just to have a bonus unit of another color, even if the TT is nearly over and even if her bane is -SPD. 

33 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I just got Tailtiu as a 4* unit and promoted her to 5* just to have a bonus unit of another color, even if the TT is nearly over and even if her bane is -SPD. 

Now that's some TT dedication. 

I'm gonna try to get into the top 5k tonight and hopefully won't need to play too much again tomorrow to retain it. 

31 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Now that's some TT dedication. 

I'm gonna try to get into the top 5k tonight and hopefully won't need to play too much again tomorrow to retain it. 

I was missing a blue blade tome infantry anyway. 

Goodluck for your 5k mission. 

Haven't been doing as much TT lately due to my focusing on Halloween contracts in Team Fortress 2.

Current score: 224,911

Current team:

3* +Spd/-Atk Serra

+2 Brave Lyn

+Spd/-Res Deirdre

+2 +Atk/-Def PA Azura

Hey, I didn't have a 40% bonus either (for this one or the last tempest) and I still have 139,615 points.

That's rank 4,109 though.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea. I haven’t even broken 100k yet, too pissed at no 40% bonus.

Ouch, forgot about that, sorry. Better luck next TT then, I hope they will return to l give people more opportunities to get a 40% unit. 

Gah...The struggle is real. IDK what it is about this TT, but it's been dragging on forever. I just have the last two rewards to get. I'm this close and gosh darnit, I want those three orbs. I don't care about the crystals. Like at this point, I've got over 300k, and I only use them for emergency leveling. Lachesis maxed out HM, so I switched her out for Elise. I might keep going and see if Sigurd and Inigo will max out...

Edited by Rafiel's Aria
"Max out" and "make out" mean very different things.