• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

Priscilla or Faye, Faye or Priscilla? This is quite the dilemma.

On one hand, it’s Priscilla. One the other hand, I’ve already supported Priscilla and I actually have Faye.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that the double Tharja might have an effect.... probably not. :P Tharja likely winner.

Priscilla is the only unit who might have a chance, and I doubt it.

As for the other half, I'm going to guess that someone like Laslow is likely, but not certain about that.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The voting gauntlet begs to be scrapped regardless.

I don't agree with this sentiment.  It's fun to support your favorite characters, and it's interesting to see upsets, like Shanna's unexpected win.  Also, the reactions of the internet fanbase aren't indicative of the larger playerbase, I believe. 

Some people just take the gauntlet WAY too seriously.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's... a pretty boring gauntlet block. Better figure out which side may give me feathers...

And great, it's the Ayra situation all over again thanks to the banner situation (stats-wise, Rhajat has similar stats to Tharja's, only having just enough of a BST boost to bump her Arena scoring up (150 v. 148), and Rhajat doesn't have as ridiculous of a vanilla kit as Ayra's).

Stats and such from Gamepedia and Gamepress.

Rhajat's stats spread: 36/35/34/21/24

Default kit: Keen Gronnwolf+, Rally Def/Res, Distant Defense 3, Savage Blow 3 (available at 4*, implying that Rhajat would drop down to 4-5* once the Voting Gauntlet banner expires)

Basically, Savage Blow 3/Rally Def/Res fodder once the banner ends. Could also be Distant Defense 3 fodder if the player is willing to drop 20K feathers on her (with Distant Defense no longer being on 5* exclusive units).

Eh. While I'm upset, at least they told us and, most importantly, she isn't colour blocked by another unit.

That and apparently 3-unit focuses are better than 4? It doesn't help anyone who wants Rhajat AND one of the other kids, but if anyone wants one or the other...

I still think it's a bad move.

Seriously? This is who they choose for enduring love? Already, this gauntlet looks to be the most farcical yet :/ 

I'll take part for feathers but that is not the correct name for what at least three people in this banner have... and why include Priscilla with them? Her love isn't like theirs and isn't even the same kind if they really did have love.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Hair gauntlet was the best so far in terms of theme chosen.

Yup, that was actually a fun gauntlet that stuck to its theme. 

This isn't even sticking with the theme it has chosen. Trying to imply the stalkerish attitude Tharja has or the single-minded obsession Faye has as love is just disturbing to me. Maybe it's a case of taking a game too seriously, but urgh :/ 

It will be even worse when Tharja wins this gauntlet (I figure she probably will). Tharja becomes the winner of an 'Enduring Love' gauntlet :/ 

This is the first time I've really hated a gauntlet, and it hasn't even begun :/ 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

This isn't even sticking with the theme it has chosen. 

Priscilla’s childhood affection doesn’t fit either. None of the four women work with the stated theme. What were they even thinking? This is all probably translation issues. Or not.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yup, that was actually a fun gauntlet that stuck to its theme. 

This isn't even sticking with the theme it has chosen. Trying to imply the stalkerish attitude Tharja has or the single-minded obsession Faye has as love is just disturbing to me. Maybe it's a case of taking a game too seriously, but urgh :/ 

It will be even worse when Tharja wins this gauntlet (I figure she probably will). Tharja becomes the winner of an 'Enduring Love' gauntlet :/ 

This is the first time I've really hated a gauntlet, and it hasn't even begun :/ 

I don't know what's worse- this, or the fact they had to bring in a stalker to round out the numbers.

Ah well, one less incentive to play the half hours.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Priscilla’s childhood affection doesn’t fit either. None of the four women work with the stated theme. What were they even thinking? This is all probably translation issues. Or not.

That's a point... 

Does anyone who speaks Japanese know if it has the same sentiments in the title as the English version? I'm kinda hoping not, but I'm not going to stake a penny on it -.- 

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I don't know what's worse- this, or the fact they had to bring in a stalker to round out the numbers.

Ah well, one less incentive to play the half hours.

None of them are particularly healthy definitions of love, especially when it rounds Priscilla's up to incest. I always took her love for her brother as just actual sisterly concern. Pure and sweet. It feels like this is just twisting it because of the whole 'Disgusting' thing.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's a point... 

Does anyone who speaks Japanese know if it has the same sentiments in the title as the English version? I'm kinda hoping not, but I'm not going to stake a penny on it -.- 

None of them are particularly healthy definitions of love, especially when it rounds Priscilla's up to incest. I always took her love for her brother as just actual sisterly concern. Pure and sweet. It feels like this is just twisting it because of the whole 'Disgusting' thing.

I don’t think the japanese are suprised at the characters chosen for the Gauntlet. I’ve heard that it’s japanese name is called “Obsession’s Curse”. That title gives a much better idea on who the characters were going to be. And in retrospect, we should have seen it coming.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I don’t think the japanese are suprised at the characters chosen for the Gauntlet. I’ve heard that it’s japanese name is called “Obsession’s Curse”. That title gives a much better idea on who the characters were going to be. And in retrospect, we should have seen it coming.

Is that true?

Seriously, that is a way better name and fits the characters way more than 'Enduring Love'. Why can't we have that name? It actually makes sense, and doesn't insult the actual concept :/

Of these four Priscilla gets my vote, subject to change when the other four are revealed, of course.

In other news, can't say I'm happy about this basically being Yandere gauntlet, FE doesn't have any Yanderes I actually like...

5 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Google Translate renders 愛が溢れる as “Love is overflowing”. @Ice Dragon?

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Really? Then again, japanese words can have multiple meanings, so it could be either of them.

Your translation is the only one that makes sense with the characters chosen, but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pass this farce off as love and that is the true translation.

Unless it's a hidden pun thing and it's smarter than I give it credit for -.- 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Your translation is the only one that makes sense with the characters chosen, but it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pass this farce off as love and that is the true translation.

Unless it's a hidden pun thing and it's smarter than I give it credit for -.- 

Well, “overflowing” could mean “too much love” or  “suffocating love”, so it would make sense. Then again, this would really fit Camilla more than any other character, but I don’t she going to be in this Gaunlet.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Really? Then again, japanese words can have multiple meanings, so it could be either of them.

Yes, which is why we need to ask someone who actually speaks Japanese. Machine translations are woefully inaccurate.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Well, “overflowing” could mean “too much love” or  “suffocating love”, so it would make sense. Then again, this would really fit Camilla more than any other character, but I don’t she going to be in this Gaunlet.

Maybe. I still prefer your original name for it. It made so much sense and had a good theme. Even Priscilla's can be seen as it, since she ends up abandoning everything to search for her brother, but it doesn't twist her familial love into something more incestuous. 

Guess Soleil will be the 4* one, then. Which isn't surprising I guess, but 4* Rhajat would have been really convenient. Keen Gronnwolf seems like the weapon most able to benefit from the "negate enemy cavalry bonuses" effect, although I guess Divine Naga can do that as well.

Speaking of which, I hope refining stones get added to the gauntlet rewards, like sacred coins.

I’ll be hard-pressed to choose between Priscilla or Leon if he actually makes it. Upset to see Lucius still doesn’t make it to a gauntlet but I guess Priscilla works just fine.

41 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, which is why we need to ask someone who actually speaks Japanese. Machine translations are woefully inaccurate.

Agreed, especially if it’s google translate. Obsession’s Curse is fitting though and I like it even if it ends up being incorrect.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is nothing indicating that the other side will be more of the same, either, which is what I'm getting at.

In fact, only one two Voting Gauntlets so far has had the two sides be "more of the same" of each other.

What are you talking about?

Let's look at the past Voting Gauntlets:

• Princes vs Princesses: 4 princes and 4 princesses
  • Wyvern Riders vs Pegasus Knights: 4 wyvern riders and 4 pegasus knights
  • Battle of the Mages: 8 mages
  • The War of the Clerics: 8 clerics
  • Battle at the Beach: 8 summer banner characters
  • Choose Your Legends: 8 CYL winners
  • The Blood of Dragons: 8 dragon-blooded characters
  • Short-Haired Ladies vs Long-Haired Gents: 4 short-haired ladies and 4 long-haired gents

Of the 8 banners, only the 3 that were designated "A vs B" have meaningful differences between the two sides in how they relate to the gauntlet's theme. (One is just a gender divide, so I'm not even sure that qualifies as "meaningful".) Of the 5 that do not have "vs" in their title, like the upcoming one, the only distinction between the sides is that 3 of them have a gender divide. If you're saying those 3 don't qualify as "more of the same" just based on the gender divide, that may be true in a vacuum but it does not at all support the point you're trying to make here.

Correct me if I'm wrong to assume that this holds up in translation, but the way it looks to me is, if this was meant to be a gauntlet of one-sided lovers vs the objects of their affection, it would have a "vs" style title indicating that. It does not. Given that it's not named that way, precedent suggests that we shouldn't expect the gauntlet's other block to have any difference larger than featuring male characters who also hold "enduring love" but that the gauntlet could also just end up as majority female or exclusively female, like The Blood of Dragons and The War of the Clerics.

Edited by Othin