SERENES POKEMON DRAFT LEAGUE: Drafting Thread

Shoblongoo

59 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...so it looks like we're on indefinite hiatus until we get a sub. I'm getting a lot of Pokémon related questions in my interview thread.  I'll throw out an ad there and see if anyone else wants to come in. 

I'll also ask around some today

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ShoblongooLook man, I wasn't asking for preferential treatment in drafting order. I just read through the thread, and even though I appreciate the offer, the Seed I placed isn't what I took objection to. In fact, I kind of like having the double pick. It lets me do stupid shit like Megarupt+Trick Room under everyone's nose, when no one has great answers to that. No, the problem I had was that you appeared nettled previously; is that fair to say? Then I get hit with a .002xxx percent chance of my draft position. Let's be honest: there's only so many ways to take that.

For example, let's say you're playing a game with a pretty significant RNG element to it. Let's suppose also that you have a friend/SO/whatever, and he or she is irritated with you. Not livid, just irritated. Now let's give that person complete control over the RNG of said game. Would you have better luck than usual, or worse luck than usual? If I'm playing Fire Emblem, and it's my gf in this example, I can tell you for a fact that I'm not hitting shit, I'm not dodging shit, and all my level-ups are ass. I'm not saying you did or didn't do anything. I'm saying that I don't believe for a second that most people's gut instinct in that instance is that it's all coincidence. Is that fair?

Since you tagged me in another topic pretty recently, I'm assuming that you're open to the possibility of resuming this. However, as I understand it you're waiting on other people who might want to take over, so I'll tell you what: if you get a response within X amount of time (whatever you guys are willing to wait) from someone who wants my draft, then great! I wish you all good luck in that case. If not, then I'm willing to come back for the next round, and would be willing to abstain on any picks that I missed (idk if there even are any tbh), having left voluntarily, until drafting is complete. 

If neither of those work out then just do one bye per week or something

9 hours ago, Deltre said:

Since you tagged me in another topic pretty recently, I'm assuming that you're open to the possibility of resuming this. However, as I understand it you're waiting on other people who might want to take over, so I'll tell you what: if you get a response within X amount of time (whatever you guys are willing to wait) from someone who wants my draft, then great! I wish you all good luck in that case.

Never wanted you to leave in the first place; put that offer out purely because I wasn't sure if you were coming back, and I'm looking to get this thing moving again as quickly as possible.

At this point I wouldn't even look at giving you a guaranteed top seed in the next round as "preferential treatment." Just a correction to a statistical anomaly that never should have happened in the first place, because as you pointed out; 0.002% chance of 3 rolls in a row is kinda horseshit. (although again; I really don't feel like you've been disadvantaged by it)

Your up. Take your pick, lets get moving. 

Everyone just get the angsting over bad RNG out of your system now.

You know once we actually start playing--people are going to lose to misses on 95% hit rates and flinches and freezes and lucky crits. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Time for tier updates.

Emboar is now RU and Passimian is now NU. So anyone who wishes to use the Boar, now is your time.

It's really up to @Shoblongoo whether we draft Emboar during the end of RU or during NU. Drafting it in NU would give everyone a larger chance to snag it without interfering with any RU plans, but RU is now the current tier it's in. No one is finished with RU drafting so, so I see no harm in drafting it in RU.

Edited by Emerson

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

At this point I wouldn't even look at giving you a guaranteed top seed in the next round as "preferential treatment." Just a correction to a statistical anomaly that never should have happened in the first place, because as you pointed out; 0.002% chance of 3 rolls in a row is kinda horseshit. (although again; I really don't feel like you've been disadvantaged by it)

You do what you feel you have to do wrt that. Pretty sure I've made my position perfectly clear.

This round was hard as hell. Salazzle/Pangoro. Final answer.

@Emerson

While we're talking about rulings though, what's the stance on Silvally? Is it being drafted as one entity or as each separate incarnation despite being one mon technically speaking. It's basically a non-pick without its ability, and we've fudged things before for Gren. Asking for a friend.

Imma say my stance on Emboar and Passimian is that they can be drafted in either the tier they just moved to or just dropped from. 

Since they were technically in both tiers during the drafting period, and I don't think either one is so good that being able to pick them in either tier breaks the draft. (it just gives players more options)

Silvally will count as a single entity, because all Silvally forms are PU and the only difference between them is what item Silvally holds. Silvally forms are separate picks, because different forms reside in different tiers.  

The Gourgeist forms will also all count as a single pick, because they are all PU.

Meowstic-F and Meowstic-M will count as a single pick.

The Wormadam forms will all count as a single pick.

________

The Rotom forms, however, are all separately draftable in their respective tiers because they are tiered separately.  (i.e. The Oven, the Fan, the Refrigerator, and the Base form are still up for grabs)

Additionally

ALL ALOLAN FORMS ARE SEPARATE PICKS FROM THEIR BASE FORMS, REGARDLESS OF TEIRING

Edited by Shoblongoo

Well, I was going to pick Rhyperior, but tbh I think have enough Water weaknesses at this point.

So I guess I'll grab Ribombee and have the fastest Sticky Web in the game.

@DisobeyedCargo

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Silvally will count as a single entity, because all Silvally forms are PU and the only difference between them is what item Silvally holds.

Silvally-Steel is actually in NU, while the rest are indeed all within PU.

NU picks are now open! As promised...

1. deltre
  2. x-naut
  3. disobeyed cargo
  4. michelaar
  5. nym
  6. ether
  7. emerson
  8. shoblongoo
  9. shoblongoo
  10. emerson
  11. ether
  12. nym
  13. michelaar
  14. disobeyed cargo
  15. x-naut
  16. deltre

...had to reroll 12 times to get this pick order. Jesus christ @Deltre ; the RNG hates you...  

You've got first pick of the tier buddy.

available options: 

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/nu/
https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/bl4/