General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

The fact that you can say no to your opponent while taking no handicap is broken. Which is why I'm not fond of Thunder Armads and Great Flame

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The fact that you can say no to your opponent while taking no handicap is broken. Which is why I'm not fond of Thunder Armads and Great Flame

Is it though?, you can break out of them using guaranteed follow ups and its not like Myrrh and Hector win many speed checks. Additionally Great Flame and Thunder Armads have effects that can be canceled without damaging them first which could be situationally easier than half healthing them.

4 hours ago, colossus86 said:

Is it though?, you can break out of them using guaranteed follow ups and its not like Myrrh and Hector win many speed checks. Additionally Great Flame and Thunder Armads have effects that can be canceled without damaging them first which could be situationally easier than half healthing them.

Conditions that can be cancelled out, yes. But the unit doesn't take penalties like someone who uses WF would. And this is something that says "foe cannot". The weapons themselves aren't too reliant on the foe. Heck, Myrrh is naturally bulky so it's not a big problem to rely on a foe to do something

Edited by silveraura25

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Conditions that can be cancelled out, yes. But the unit doesn't take penalties like someone who uses WF would. And this is something that says "foe cannot"

The reason they don't have penalties is because they have conditions that are easy enough for the player to disable.

Holy crap, SEVEN new weapons? That's insane. Though I had been crossing my fingers for an Eliwood update in the same vein as Merric because I don't want him to be a worse Brave Roy, and possibly lean in to his weird niche of "I've got high res as a melee unit so if only my dragon killing sword could kill dragons in this game".

Edited by Glennstavos

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy crap, SEVEN new weapons? That's insane. Though I had been crossing my fingers for an Eliwood update in the same vein as Merric because I don't want him to be a worse Brave Roy, and possibly lean in to his weird niche of "I've got high res as a melee unit so if only my dragon killing sword could kill dragons in this game".

I just saw it. Ogma, Navarre, Palla, Est, Catria, and 2 Robin.

I only have Catria as 5* from these, I really hope her weapon refinement will be fun.

38 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Out of all the characters for this refining update the one I'm most excited for is mRobin. Please get something good.

Agreed. Robin has basically been the poster boy for "outdated characters that need a refinery update" from the start, and I'm surprised it's taken this long.

@Diovani Bressan I'd lean towards res. HP decreases both her physical and magical bulk while res only decreases her magical bulk.

I can't get over the nagging suspicion that the whitewings will have disappointing refinements, but I think that's more me being paranoid than anything in particular.

Anyway, curious to see what they all end up being and they could all use it, plus I like pretty much all of them. Might convince me to finally train up the Robin's, Navarre, and Ogma.

@bottlegnomes Hm... I need think about the IVs...And about the Whitewings' weapons and refinements, I don't want to be negative about it. I was expecting a Slaying Wo Dao sword of Saber and he got a +3 to all stats and Distant Counter effect when special is ready in his refinement. I can see all three having a stats buff when near a flying ally.

@Diovani Bressan They aren't especially exciting, but I feel like people really underestimate wrath + slaying wo weapons. They guarantee you a minimum 20 damage attack every turn after reaching a fairly easily obtained HP threshold. Saber's weapon is pretty solid, and a heck of a lot of fun, but I'm not sure he would've been significantly worse with a Nameless Blade reskin. I'd have to actually check to see one way or the other.

As for my worry, it's really nothing more than paranoia since I've invested pretty heavily in two of them.

I'm hoping for something akin to Brynhildr for the Robins. Both of them have high defense for a mage, with 25/29/32 for M Robin and 29 for F Robin. 

Tactical Bolt / Tactical Gale

Base effect - Grants WTA against colorless foes.

Refine Effect - If foe uses bow, magic, dagger, or staff and unit's def > foe's def +1, foe cannot make a follow-up attack. 

Edited by Etheus

I want both of the Robin weapons to have the Litrowl base effect or at least add to their bulk. Guard 11 as a refine would be nice.

I'll be a bit annoyed if both weapons just come with Close Counter since both of my Robins already have it.

Henry

Crow's Shadow

Mt: 14

Base Effect: +4 to Attack/Resistance when initiating attack.

Refine Effect: WTA against colorless units.

2 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Henry

Crow's Shadow

Mt: 14

Base Effect: +4 to Attack/Resistance when initiating attack.

Refine Effect: WTA against colorless units.

Honestly, I can see it being the opposite:

Base Effect: Raven Tome;
Refine Effect: Mirror Strike 2.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want both of the Robin weapons to have the Litrowl base effect or at least add to their bulk. Guard 11 as a refine would be nice.

I'll be a bit annoyed if both weapons just come with Close Counter since both of my Robins already have it.

Interestingly enough female Robin had a owltome in tap battle

I've got all these guys promoted except for Ogma. And I've been holding off on Ogma to decide if +Atk or +Spd is more optimal since I've got both in the docket. It was really more of a question of whether I'll give him a firesweep sword in the future. Glad I waited since I always keep units on their prf weapons when available.

Since all of these guys are available as low rarity or as free units, I'm not expecting too crazy effects myself. At least not before you pump Dew into them.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Same. I already have Close Counter on my beautiful M!Robin.

I actually already gave him the serpent tome (forgive me I forget the name), which the built-in distant defense is GREAT for. So I'm worried that this new tome won't actually be able to beat the free distant defense. But hopefully because they took only FOREVER to refine him, that it's gonna be something awesome.

But I will keep my hopes low just in case.

It's nice to see the Whitewing Sisters to get an upgrade. They were my favorite characters to play as on Echoes. 

I already have Palla and Est ready to promote to 5* and I still need another Catria since I've used my previous ones to inherit skills for other characters. 

These characters are pretty easy for me to get though so I might do +10 builds for each. 

So I was looking over Est to see what sort of unique weapon might suit her, and I realized why the hell doesn't she have the trainee bonus? Like if there was ever a unit to give it to from a lore perspective, I'd think she'd be the best candidate.

@Sunsurge Blarserpent+. I used to wish I had F!Morgan so I could feed my M!Robin his daughter for that tome, but now that he has his Prf coming I don't care as much (and thus will probably get pitybroken by her now that I don't really desire her any more).

I'm hoping that M! and F!Robin get different weapons, since they have different names (unlike Fir and Karel, who both got Nameless Blade). Hoping for something like

M!Robin
Tactical Bolt | MT 14 | Grants Advantage vs. Colorless Units. | Skill-Refine: When adjacent to an ally using Sword, Lance, Axe or Dragonstone, grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +3 during combat and unit can counterattack regardless of distance.

Male Robin gets a boosted Blarraven by default, and gets a Saber-style Our-Bonds-Give-Me-Strength that gives him Close Counter and All Stats +3 as long as he's next to a melee ally.

F!Robin
Tactical Gale | MT 9 | Inflicts SPD -5. Unit attacks twice when initiating combat. | Skill-Refine: When adjacent to an ally using Sword, Lance, Axe or Dragonstone, grants ATK/SPD/DEF/RES +3 during combat and damage is calculated using lower of foe's DEF or RES.

Female Robin is more pie-in-the-sky compared to M!Robin, but here she employs Leif's tactic of stealing from her foes after beating them to procure a copy of Dire Thunder from one of the many Reinhardts that have been eaten by her Wolftome. The skill-refine is another Saber-style Our-Bonds-Give-Me-Strength, but instead of Close Counter, F!Robin's All Stats +3 comes with Sorcery Blade when she's next to a melee ally, letting her circumvent her questionable ATK (38 with this Tactical Gale, 41 when next to a melee ally) with adaptive damage. It won't make her the next Reinhardt (he has greater movement, higher ATK, can get Hone Cavalry for an easy +6 ATK whereas F!Robin needs either Rally ATK/SPD+ or ATK Tactic 3, Reinhardt doesn't have anything that requires him to have specific allies while F!Robin needs at least one melee ally to get her best results), but I think it would improve F!Robin considerably.

On another note, the Whitewing weapons are something I've been expecting for some time now, and since they're pretty much guaranteed to get that Triangle Attack thing that was in the last datamine (IIRC it required a certain amount of nearby Flying allies and granted a stat boost and a guaranteed follow-up attack), how I feel about them really comes down to the base weapons. I know I speculated on what they could get earlier in the thread, but I want Palla to get a 16-MT Wo Dao to help with her not-so-great ATK stat, Catria to keep her Slaying effect because it's pretty good on her, and Est to either keep Armorslaying since the Triangle Attack lets her double so I'd be okay with her keeping Armormurder or pick up an 11-MT Brave Lance so she can get near-guaranteed quads with proper positioning (preferably with Moonbow/Death Blow 3/Heavy Blade 3 to drop a Moonbow every other hit during that quad).

I have no idea what Ogma could get since I don't use him (got pitybroken by him once, fed his Brave Sword+ to my Hana), though his statline is pretty alright. Maybe he could get an 11-MT Brave Sword with optional Chill DEF 3? Would that work well for him?

I hope Navarre's Scarlet Sword is a Wo Dao at base since as far as I know that's his thing (or at least, it's exclusive to him in Fire Emblem Warriors) and it would help him deal better damage despite his lower ATK. To speculate on the Skill-Refine, I'd like to see Special Spiral 3, to make Scarlet Sword into something of an off-brand Dark Mystletainn that can run Wrath for +20 damage on Special activations and could run double-Brazen ATK/X and Blazing Wind to deal massive damage once per turn (since he'd be at 1 CD after killing someone unless you had an ally with Infantry Flash nearby and Navarre outsped his foe, which is possible but hardly guaranteed). I could see him ending up with reskinned Dark Mystletainn though, and I wouldn't complain about that.

Edited by ILikeKirbys