Who Should Be a Future Legendary?

12 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

This. I want more oc’s at least then people won’t complain about characters they hate getting legendaries since these characters are new. :p

But they've opened a can of worms now. If they stop now, that's preferential treatment to Ike and Ephraim.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

But they've opened a can of worms now. If they stop now, that's preferential treatment to Ike and Ephraim.

Prefencial treatment is expected with Ike unfortunely... Ephraim actually would make it feel insulting xDU

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

And it isn't insulting when they do it with Ike?

Well... yeah... but Ike can go free doing that because he is freaking Ike and fight for his friends.

Edited by Troykv

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Ike is the most popular and legendary lord that isn't from any of the new school FE games, so his favoritism makes sense. Ephraim being a legendary hero was just random on the other hand.

Edited by Zeo

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ike is the most popular and legendary lord that isn't from any of the new school FE games, so his favoritism makes sense. Ephraim being a legendary hero was just random on the other hand.

What does "new school" have anything to do with it? Why can't they be legendary?

Well if true, it's an easy skip.  I don't care if F!Grima has 180+ BST, is in her own tier above every other character, comes with hone dragons.  This is coming from someone who loves dragons.  I skipped Fallen Heroes, despite loving Hardin, and I'll skip this legendary banner too.  I refuse to support alts in anything but seasonal banners.  I'd like new hero banners to be actually 'new heroes', like characters that aren't in the game yet.  Same thing with the hyped new legendary hero we get once a month.  

Also nothing is owed.  IMO Ike and Ephraim as legendary heroes was a mistake in the first place.  It would be incredibly discouraging to cycle through every lord of every game as a legendary hero instead of using that slot for something much more interesting.  Like Anri, Altina, Mila, Naga, the twelve crusaders of Judgral, or more original characters.  

I really hope the data mine is wrong.  Then again, if true, it will make it that much easier to save all my orbs for the Thracia banner.  Wow, 3 new heroes!  Last year that would be typical, or even less than most banners which often contained 4 or sometimes more.  This year it will be a record!  

43 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What does "new school" have anything to do with it? Why can't they be legendary?

Awakening and Fates are pretty much the FE games of the mainstream era. Before that the series had a considerably smaller western audience. Ike is massively popular in the west despite being from an older era as well as being popular in japan. As far as being legendary, he pretty much

Spoiler

killed God.

Other characters may be as legendary or even more legendary, but they typically aren't half as popular.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Ika has the abs to back it up! (although i would have rather had an OC)

I dont care, just stop with those rehashes and give us the OCs finally!!!

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Awakening and Fates are pretty much the FE games of the mainstream era. Before that the series had a considerably smaller western audience. Ike is massively popular in the west despite being from an older era as well as being popular in japan. As far as being legendary, he pretty much

Reveal hidden contents

killed God.

Other characters may be as legendary or even more legendary, but they typically aren't half as popular.

He had help.

Spoiler

Plus, that being clearly wasn't omnipotent or she wouldn't have lost. So, goddess little g.

They may not be as popular (though, I believe he is significantly less popular in Japan, but I could be wrong), but that doesn't mean they should worship the ground Ike walks on. There are other popular lords to pick from. Marth, Chrom, and Hector are no slouches.

Edited by Arthur97

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He had help.

Hide contents

Plus, that being clearly wasn't omnipotent or she wouldn't have lost. So, goddess little g.

They may not be as popular (though, I believe he is significantly less popular in Japan, but I could be wrong), but that doesn't mean they should worship the ground Ike walks on. There are other popular lords to pick from. Marth, Chrom, and Hector are no slouches.

But Chrom and Hector are also massively popular and other examples of mainstream popular units and popular units from the old era getting "yet another alt". It's less random and more in the vein of Ike, but it still contributes to the issue people have of units getting multiple alts instead of there being new additions.

In Ephraim's case it was just a bit more random even if he himself is still really popular. As far as being legendary... he's just as legendary as Hector if we're being honest. I went in a circle just now but really people are against alts no matter who the character is (unless it's Marth cause reasons), they'll just name different reasons depending on the character. If it's a popular unit, it'll be because they're already in the game, if it's a less popular (but still popular) unit, it'll be because they aren't amazing enough, if it's an unpopular unit, it's because they don't deserve it or aren't relevant enough.

It's lose-lose, really. Even if they'll still pull for them.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

But Chrom and Hector are also massively popular and other examples of mainstream popular units and popular units from the old era getting "yet another alt". It's less random and more in the vein of Ike, but it still contributes to the issue people have of units getting multiple alts instead of there being new additions.

In Ephraim's case it was just a bit more random even if he himself is still really popular. As far as being legendary... he's just as legendary as Hector if we're being honest. I went in a circle just now but really people are against alts no matter who the character is (unless it's Marth cause reasons), they'll just name different reasons depending on the character. If it's a popular unit, it'll be because they're already in the game, if it's a less popular (but still popular) unit, it'll be because they aren't amazing enough, if it's an unpopular unit, it's because they don't deserve it or aren't relevant enough.

It's lose-lose, really. Even if they'll still pull for them.

I can get the anti-alt mentality even if it doesn't bother me that much, but now that they started using other lords, stopping would be a bad idea. I wish they'd do some characters I liked more, but at least they aren't just made up for Heroes.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I can get the anti-alt mentality even if it doesn't bother me that much, but now that they started using other lords, stopping would be a bad idea. I wish they'd do some characters I liked more, but at least they aren't just made up for Heroes.

What I liked about Legendary Heroes was that it gave the game a chance to push it's story forward with unique new characters. When we saw existing characters were fair game, I saw potential for legendary characters that are part of FE's lore. I like Ike, Ephraim and the like and pulled for them, but I think it's a wasted opportunity. Why release RD Ike when "Gawain" could have wielded Ragnell instead? Why release a legendary Eliwood/Hector/Lyn when you can use one of the actual "Legendary" heroes from that world like Athos, St.Elimine, Roland, etc.

I understand that these characters were more or less "Legendary" by the end of their games, but... we already have them in the game. I'll still pull regardless if I like the character, but it's still a disappointing prospect.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

What I liked about Legendary Heroes was that it gave the game a chance to push it's story forward with unique new characters. When we saw existing characters were fair game, I saw potential for legendary characters that are part of FE's lore. I like Ike, Ephraim and the like and pulled for them, but I think it's a wasted opportunity. Why release RD Ike when "Gawain" could have wielded Ragnell instead? Why release a legendary Eliwood/Hector/Lyn when you can use one of the actual "Legendary" heroes from that world like Athos, St.Elimine, Roland, etc.

I understand that these characters were more or less "Legendary" by the end of their games, but... we already have them in the game. I'll still pull regardless if I like the character, but it's still a disappointing prospect.

I had a similar idea of using lore characters (I still want a playable Anri in some game), but in the end, they don't have the appeal.

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Why release RD Ike when "Gawain" could have wielded Ragnell instead? Why release a legendary Eliwood/Hector/Lyn when you can use one of the actual "Legendary" heroes from that world like Athos, St.Elimine, Roland, etc.

Because the latter wouldn't earn IS and Nintendo nearly as much profits as the former. They're always going to go with what's most favorable for their bottom line whether we like it or not.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Because the latter wouldn't earn IS and Nintendo nearly as much profits as the former. They're always going to go with what's most favorable for their bottom line whether we like it or not.

The real truth. People will continue to complain, but chances are they're still going to spend all the same. An odd cycle, it is.

The goods news is that the lords are limited, and Fire Emblem got new main games at pace of 2-years... Enough time to put all the current lords in legendary banners (and even some new).

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

tfw when people asked why  IS do this and that and Heroes and almost all of it can be answered with one single answer: money

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

There was a poll within the past couple years where Ike surprising took no. 1 that was Japan only. The only non-lord to appear in the top 10 I think was Finn, something to be said for a veteran of three wars.

But while Vanguard Ike eventually would have been an expectable and good addition, Brave Ike was still recent enough to me that Ike didn't need a new self until late Summer at the very earliest if you ask me.

57 minutes ago, Troykv said:

The goods news is that the lords are limited, and Fire Emblem got new main games at pace of 2-years... Enough time to put all the current lords in legendary banners (and even some new).

Introducing Legendary Ephraim 2! The difference? Ummm.... *insert BS excuse here*.

I don't want rehashes! If you're going to give me hash, make it hash browns! I'd rather have   Athosand Bramimond.  And Altina, and Soane, and Ordwin and Iote and every single Crusader!

Vanguard Ike should have been more differentiated from normal Ike.  He pretty much has a bit more BST and a 4CD Aether.  He's just a better version of regular sword Ike.  Legendary Ephraim is also an alt, but at least he is very different from regular Ephraim.  Different movement type, different weapon, different playstyle.  

I think the people who complain aren't spending on these alt banners.  I certainly am not.  Also I mean one new character a month?  That gets old fast.  Hardin is February, Morgan is March.  I mean I guess it makes it really easy to save orbs, since new characters are so rare and come so infrequently, we'll have many orbs to pull for them. 

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Vanguard Ike should have been more differentiated from normal Ike.  He pretty much has a bit more BST and a 4CD Aether.  He's just a better version of regular sword Ike.  Legendary Ephraim is also an alt, but at least he is very different from regular Ephraim.  Different movement type, different weapon, different playstyle.   

Agreed. On top of that, PoR Ike's statline didn't make any sense in the first place. His basic setup in PoR itself was being a beefier SM and then in here, his speed is his lowest stat excluding res.

27 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Agreed. On top of that, PoR Ike's statline didn't make any sense in the first place. His basic setup in PoR itself was being a beefier SM and then in here, his speed is his lowest stat excluding res.

My guess is that the devs wanted PoR Ike to have a different statline compared to Ryoma.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

My guess is that the devs wanted PoR Ike to have a different statline compared to Ryoma.

Oh yeah, forgot about Ryoma. I guess they were worried people would either say Ike was just a power creep of Ryoma if he had a similar but better distributed statline, or inferior if he had a similar but less optimized one.

Now we have Ike with more strength than the BK, but way less speed. Not a big deal, just seemed weird is all.

18 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

tfw when people asked why  IS do this and that and Heroes and almost all of it can be answered with one single answer: money

well i stoped giving them money for the last 2 months altogether. Mostly because there is no point because everything is getting powercrept by something else and for PVE and Arena content the built Teams i have are enough and i stoped caring to get into highest rank of AA. The Scoreing system is busted and only favouring Armores, which i really dont like to play as, so i am content with rank 1000 - 5000 and if I fall out of that, then so may be it.
Also the fact they havent reworked the 3, 4 and 5 Star pools makes me also meh. The only reason nowadays to make me pull is if i want a skill that will further one of my exisiting units/teams, or if its a hero i really like, which hasnt been much the case lately. I think i pulled last for M Morgan for TT and pulled a posessed Celica for her B skill thats it. Gladly i was lucky on the pulls (M Morgan was free lol)

Another reason is also the upgradeable weapons now. I have rather started to save feathers and upgrade units that got a new personal weapon. Its slow but its steady!