Who Should Be a Future Legendary?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Person doesn’t equal character. Giygas is a overarching antagonist (judging from what scraps I’ve heard about Earthbound). All Witch Celica does is lunge at Alm and get pierced by his dick stand-in Falchion. They are not comparable in any capacity. Celica should have not been on this banner at all.

Agreed. Who do you replace her with?

I wonder if we have enough choices for a second Fallen Heroes banner+1 GHB.

Edited by Vince777

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Person doesn’t equal character. Giygas is a overarching antagonist (judging from what scraps I’ve heard about Earthbound). All Witch Celica does is lunge at Alm and get pierced by his dick stand-in Falchion. They are not comparable in any capacity. Celica should have not been on this banner at all.

That was just an attempt at a stupid joke on my part. If you don't think witch Celica qualifies as being a character, that's fine with me. 

5 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Agreed. Who do you replace her with?

I would replace her with Mareeta if we need another possessed sword using girl.
She isn’t the greatest choice either, but hey, she actually appears in gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I would replace her with Mareeta if we need another possessed sword using girl.
She isn’t the greatest choice either, but hey, she actually appears in gameplay.

I vote for petrified Eyvel.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

You have to use Assist skills to move her.

We'll just have Effie Smiting her over mountains and through walls.

Assist skills need to be allowed to be used on enemies. Two Effies could play volleyball with her.

49 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Cause a lot of the people playing Heroes are doing so because they are fans of the main series.

I'd be curious to find out how many pulled on the Morgans banner, and see how it compares to how many pull on the Thracia banner.

Doesn't mean they actively like most of the characters. That's hundreds of characters. Look at SD, it had so many throw away characters, but apparently you think we should be rooting for them. A lot of characters probably fall into the "I don't really care" category.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't mean they actively like most of the characters. That's hundreds of characters. Look at SD, it had so many throw away characters, but apparently you think we should be rooting for them. A lot of characters probably fall into the "I don't really care" category.

I like my baldheaded twins, Roger Rogers, Setgar, Gordin and Radd. Especially the Radd fanfics

Edited by silveraura25

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Most people who are fans of the series have many characters they like.  Unless they've only played one game or something.  

I think we definitely shouldn't be rooting for alts.  Such a consideration should only be argued when only the most obscure characters are left.  Alts are dumb and a waste.  Let's dress Corrin as bunny, then a cat, then a cow, then make her a mage, then a flier, then an armor, a dagger user.  Yeah much better than adding many of the important characters that have yet to be added.  

There are still so many semi-popular characters that need to be added into the game, (such as every single awakening child, half the cast of the Tellius games, most of FE7 and 8) that you could go another 2-3 years at the old rate before you even have to touch the blank slates from NM and SD but they have cut down the rate early in by reducing banners to 3 characters unless the character wears a silly outfit and now they cut the new characters to 2. If they wanted to add some surefire alt into each banner to draw whaling or whatever they should increase the banners back to 4 and make it 3 new and 1 alt, because it is frankly insulting to see something like chrom on an awakening child banner when basically all of them aren't in the game yet

10 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

If they wanted to add some surefire alt into each banner to draw whaling or whatever they should increase the banners back to 4 and make it 3 new and 1 alt, because it is frankly insulting to see something like chrom on an awakening child banner when basically all of them aren't in the game yet

It would've been insulting if that banner was called something like "Children of Awakening", but it wasn't. It was named something that alluded to Chrom, not to any of the members of Awakening's Gen 2.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It would've been insulting if that banner was called something like "Children of Awakening", but it wasn't. It was named something that alluded to Chrom, not to any of the members of Awakening's Gen 2.

Even more insulting then, that shows that they are prioritising a banner about an alt (when they already have seasonals and Legendary hero banners for that) over a banner that is about new characters.

A Lucina alt was on my list of worst fears for awakenings child banner but Chrom alt isn't much better 

Edited by Mackc2

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

A Lucina alt was on my list of worst fears for awakenings child banner but Chrom alt isn't much better 

At least we didn't go over 4 alts

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yet. I'll honestly be shocked if there isn't both a legendary Lyn and a legendary Lucina by the end of the year. 

:sob:

Legendary alts are more boring than the other alts based on the current patterns, Legendary alts so far have been the promoted form of a hero, (ie Vanguard Ike, Great Lord Ephriam) limiting their potential to be anything really unique or particularly interesting. The standard summoning alts all seem to be what if's, actual alternate forms of characters so there is more potential to do something out there like dark mage Erika or CYL Ike wielding his fathers axe or Robin actually possessed by Grima (even though I don't consider Grima an alt) ect, still not happy that they are there but at least there is the potential for something interesting there. 

But considering they are seemingly going for colour balance and 90% or the likely legendary heroes wield swords we will see how long that lasts 

Edited by Mackc2

11 hours ago, Lewyn said:

4. Also another thing I've played every game so I have tons of characters I like.  I think it is very selfish to want many versions of a favorite character over introducing the first version of a character that is other peoples favorites.  Since Lewyn came up, he's my favorite.  However I would never want an alt of him outside of seasonals after he gets in, cause it is a slap in the face to every other character who has yet to get into the game.  

28 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Most people who are fans of the series have many characters they like.  Unless they've only played one game or something.  

I think we definitely shouldn't be rooting for alts.  Such a consideration should only be argued when only the most obscure characters are left.  Alts are dumb and a waste.  Let's dress Corrin as bunny, then a cat, then a cow, then make her a mage, then a flier, then an armor, a dagger user.  Yeah much better than adding many of the important characters that have yet to be added.  

So you're saying wanting the company to release a banner that will barely profit them isn't selfish? It's like asking a shop to have 90% discount and then expecting the seller to be okay with the loss of profit.

IS or Nintendo isn't a charity organization, they'll want as much more money as many other commercial company do. They could make the summon rate and alts is as brutal as any common gacha, yet they keep it  this way. A business means benefit to both the customer and the seller. No one wants to do business when only one side is benefited. 

Why take the risk when you can play it safely? Case in point, Male Corrin and Eliwood isn't that unpopular, but they are free because IS expected them to not sell if they are  in the banner. and chill, there is no full alt permanent banner yet, Hardin is a new character because maybe pushing armor-anti cavalry conspiracy I guess, they really want to sell armor so why sell cavalry when they can sell armor.  They are still continue to release new characters. Alts is just safe precaution in case of the new semi-popular units didn't sell as expected.  The fact that last year banner was full of Fateswakening seasonals is the very proof they are doing this business very carefully , minimizing risk as possible and that's how you do business. They not ignoring the semi-popular characters is already plausible.

Most people like many characters from the franchise. Now the question is, are they the whales? Most are either only like specific waifu/husbando or competitive player who give minimum care about their units as characters. And alts sells the most to both of these category, which is why IS will continue adding them as long as it sells. 

Speaking about taking slots, you know what is more annoying? Bound Hero Battles. We could have Grand Hero battles every two weeks, new characters that is free, but no, people like more orbs because FE have that few of antagonistic characters. 

Not liking alts, yeah, go ahead. But from the way it is you sounds you seem to force your opinion on people about how alts shouldn 't exist and how dumb it is. People who are happy with their faves getting alts or expecting more alts are not shitting on people whose faves haven't got in yet, so why must you belittle them? 

All in all my last line  is, think of it from business/producer perspective. 

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Fallen Celica made me angry for several reasons.

One, she stole Beloved Zofia from an imminent Brave Celica.
Two, she isn’t even a character. She literally existed for a minute in a cutscene.

I was irritated that she didn't have Wings of Mercy or Warp Powder or something. This is Witch Celica. The one thing Witches are known for is warping. Give her a warp ability!

And don't worry about Brave!Celica. She'll probably get some kind of suped up version of Beloved Zofia that lets her counter with magic. Either that or Ragnarok Omega.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

You're making some grand conclusions and some assumptions.  Really, people who play feh don't care about the majority of fire emblem characters?  Please.  Also me not pulling for Corrin is fine, cause the people who like Corrin would pull for him.  That's the point.

Also your extreme example isn't what I'm talking about here.  Some super obscure character that only a 'miniscule' amount of people would pull for, that isn't what I'm talking about.  Also there are more than enough major characters with sizable followings to add for the game to last a very long time without resorting to making it 90% alts a month.  At this rate it will be a century before all the popular characters are released.  Finally yes seasonals, something we get every month.  That is more than enough for alts.  Serious alts?  What is that?  Make believe stuff like Glepnir Eirika?  Fine then make the new hero banners more than 3 heroes so you can fit in an alt.  We are getting smaller new hero banners and they are being 1/3 to 2/3 alts.  We are getting seasonals which are all alts, then the  monthly legendary hero which is an alt.  My opposition is incredibly soft, you'd have to be super in love to alts to be okay with getting a single new character a month. 

Not really on assumptions. As others have said, FE's cast is huge. Even someone who likes lotsnof obscure characters, like me (I want Ralph for God's sake), won't care about a majority of the cast. On top of that, last I remembered learning, most FE fans, at least outside Japan, are Awakening and Fates fans. A lot have never touched older games. On top of that, 50% of the series has never been released outside Japan meaning only people willing to ROM or import have played them. So given all those things, even if the Fates and Awakening thing isn't true anymore, it's actually a pretty safe assumption that most FEH players font care about a majority of the characters.

As for our Corrin example, my point was you in that case literally don't even matter in their decisions. It doesn't matter what you support because unless you're spending on one or the other your feelings take a backseat to the people who are spending. If you really want to do something, spend on the new character even if you don't like them. 

Anyway, everyone, me included, keeps talking about this in terms of money, but if people are spending they they clearly want the character. Some will spend regardless, but if one character gets way more people to spend, then doesn't it seem to follow that more people actually like and want that character?

My obscure character was an extreme example, yes, but it was to one show that a hardline stance against alts in the general pool is selfish and two provide a more easily workable example of, once again, what most characters are to most players for all the reasons stated. Even if a new character appeals to 20% of the audience and an alt appeals to 25% of the audience and annoys 10%, is the new character really better? More people like the alt and some people will be annoyed regardless.

I feel like we're getting sidetracked, though. You asked why some people prefer alts to new characters. It comes down to "who the hell is that?" vs. "I like them and they're a cool new unit in a cool new outfit." It's really not difficult to see why people would prefer one to the other.

I would like new characters (again Ralph), but to act like people who are okay with alts are selfish or to attribute it to "waifu culture" just seems condescending.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I was irritated that she didn't have Wings of Mercy or Warp Powder or something. This is Witch Celica. The one thing Witches are known for is warping. Give her a warp ability!

And don't worry about Brave!Celica. She'll probably get some kind of suped up version of Beloved Zofia that lets her counter with magic. Either that or Ragnarok Omega.

I know a lot of people don't seem to want it, but I'm still hoping for staff Celica. Or colorless breath Celica.

Edited by bottlegnomes

13 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Not really on assumptions. As others have said, FE's cast is huge. Even someone who likes lotsnof obscure characters, like me (I want Ralph for God's sake), won't care about a majority of the cast. On top of that, last I remembered learning, most FE fans, at least outside Japan, are Awakening and Fates fans. A lot have never touched older games. On top of that, 50% of the series has never been released outside Japan meaning only people willing to ROM or import have played them. So given all those things, even if the Fates and Awakening thing isn't true anymore, it's actually a pretty safe assumption that most FEH players font care about a majority of the characters.

As for our Corrin example, my point was you in that case literally don't even matter in their decisions. It doesn't matter what you support because unless you're spending on one or the other your feelings take a backseat to the people who are spending. If you really want to do something, spend on the new character even if you don't like them. 

Anyway, everyone, me included, keeps talking about this in terms of money, but if people are spending they they clearly want the character. Some will spend regardless, but if one character gets way more people to spend, then doesn't it seem to follow that more people actually like and want that character?

My obscure character was an extreme example, yes, but it was to one show that a hardline stance against alts in the general pool is selfish and two provide a more easily workable example of, once again, what most characters are to most players for all the reasons stated. Even if a new character appeals to 20% of the audience and an alt appeals to 25% of the audience and annoys 10%, is the new character really better? More people like the alt and some people will be annoyed regardless.

I feel like we're getting sidetracked, though. You asked why some people prefer alts to new characters. It comes down to "who the hell is that?" vs. "I like them and they're a cool new unit in a cool new outfit." It's really not difficult to see why people would prefer one to the other.

I would like new characters (again Ralph), but to act like people who are okay with alts are selfish or to attribute it to "waifu culture" just seems condescending.

I know a lot of people don't seem to want it, but I'm still hoping for staff Celica. Or colorless breath Celica.

Why on the world would Celica be a breath unit? Staff I can see, since she has one healing spell, but Breath seems as random as making Eirika a dark mage (oh wait...)

Just now, Jotari said:

Why on the world would Celica be a breath unit? Staff I can see, since she has one healing spell, but Breath seems as random as making Eirika a dark mage (oh wait...)

Evil Celica was Dumas vessel, Brave Celica is Milano vessel, Mila is a dragon. Really, though, it was a stupid idea I had and they coincidentally announced colorless breath units like a week later, which I thought was funny.

TL;DR: Bad joke on my part.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Evil Celica was Dumas vessel, Brave Celica is Milano vessel, Mila is a dragon. Really, though, it was a stupid idea I had and they coincidentally announced colorless breath units like a week later, which I thought was funny.

TL;DR: Bad joke on my part.

I'd rather just get Mila