Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

A guy with a Wolf avatar feels awkward in a game where people call mafia a Wolf.

Also Elimina is Ran?

i want to read into that gorf stuff about Ran meta and knowing it.

Naana’s reactions to being called our don’t sit well with me. Mostly gut, I need to get better footing.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Votals
(1) Red RyuMello
(4) Donald Trump: Magnificence Incarnate, LaserGuy, Omega., Refa
(1) ShinoriEvanManManMan
(1) JohnCarterAnimal Midwife
(4) Naanamoonbird, manti, Elemina, Shinori
(3) Animal Midwifedyachei, JohnCarterDonald Trump
(1) Magnificence IncarnateRed Ryu
(4) Omega.SB., Shattiel, Ichigo, Naana
(1) dyacheiOrihime

(4) Not Voting: Alpha Male, Fable, Ryanyb, Ryker
With 24 alive, it takes 16 to hammer.

You have ~6 hours until deadline at 6/19, 10 pm EDT

8 minutes ago, Refa said:

IMO you should look at Yolo's posts in the past two (maybe three?) pages and update your read there, and then hit me up with your scum reads.

I read everything from my last post but my dog was running around like an idiot in the background so nothing went in and now I have to do it again :weary:

1 minute ago, SB. said:

I read everything from my last post but my dog was running around like an idiot in the background so nothing went in and now I have to do it again :weary:

The dog giveth and the dog taketh away.

8 hours ago, Omega. said:

All Gorf has done is shamelessly push consensus wagons. His Elemina case was unbelievably bad. Me and Gorf have been playing with Ran for years. Ran/Elemina is a frozen AF wolf. Like he pretty much always comes into the thread D1 and is like, "Hey everyone, I'm a wolf" and outs himself. His pushes/cases have no energy to them as wolf. He's probably a villager here and one of the last people who should ever be lynched. The difference between his wolfgame and what he does as a villager is night and day and I couldn't believe Gorf could be so bad that he's actually spending so much time shitting on him.

Idk dude if Gorf hasn't played for years I can see why he'd be rusty on meta. I was pretty bad at reading a lot of SF people who are obvtown/obvscum early on even when we still played actively years back and I don't think a misread here is criminal. 

In a world where the Elemina case never happened, where would you put him? 

@Refa What do you think of Marth? Idr if you already said this but I'm reading his catchup post and I didn't really follow along with any of it except for the Orihime part. ISO Omega and tell me that Marth would be convinced by his Gorf vote and say it's good because I really don't see it, even if he thinks Omega is town (which is a maybe? I think he reads better/more involved in recent posts but I'm not sure if that's just him being a wagon or what yet).

1 minute ago, SB. said:

@Refa What do you think of Marth? Idr if you already said this but I'm reading his catchup post and I didn't really follow along with any of it except for the Orihime part. ISO Omega and tell me that Marth would be convinced by his Gorf vote and say it's good because I really don't see it, even if he thinks Omega is town (which is a maybe? I think he reads better/more involved in recent posts but I'm not sure if that's just him being a wagon or what yet).

2 hours ago, Refa said:

@Magnificence Incarnate Your catchup post was weaaaaaaaak.  Your Dyachei and Naana reads seem at odd with each other.  Why is Orihime scum, I don't get where you're coming from on this one.  I can see why Town!Orihime would be frustrated here when she's townreading the two main wagons.  It reads differently to me than the last game where she didn't support the main (mislynch) wagons but never tried to argue against them.  Your Shinori meta seems hilariously wrong to me.  He's frozen as scum?  Shinori?  Are we talking about the same guy here?  @Shinori Back me up here and tell this guy that you're better than that as scum. =)

These are my thoughts on his catch up post.  Hesitant to vote just because of Marth's history but I didn't like it.

Omega's original Gorf vote was just him voting Gorf and stating that Gorf should know better than to lynch Elemina, correct?  I remember not being convinced myself until he elaborated on it in the last few pages (especially with the comparison), so yeah.

7 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I don't think omega not trying to egg on the fight is indicative of his alignment.  For one the via/naana argument didn't have much to do with reads and more to do with how naana wasn't trying to respond to any questions.  Two omega usually takes a stance in case of players tunneling on each other if you check his meta on the other two games that he has played here.  This wasn't the case between via and naana so I think you're wrong here with the meta read. 

Two,  I know that this is before naana voted dyachei, but what do you think of the vote and the self Pres comments?  You've not really addressed the interactions between naana/dya/midwife which looks sketchy given your omega vote, I feel like you'd push omega harder at this point. Especially since midwife and naana have taken the spotlight for this phase. 

Also too reply to your earlier question about evan/midwife: I didn't pay much attention to his tpp play but I remember him going aggro at via and getting lynched for losing the Tdome with him. Which is kinda different from what he's doing this game but I'm not going by meta wrt my stance on Evan, can't really go off of meta over one game where he got lynched d1. With midwife its more that they haven't followed up on any of their questions,  they seem to be a michelaar type of player. 

I don't think Omega would necessarily egg on the fight because I don't know if he'd think it was productive or not. I'd expect more of a decisive action either way to continue or stop it than a weird diversion post but it makes more sense at least with after he reminded me that he had the question for Via earlier. Don't think it was a good move but I could see a world where town!Omega does that. Tbh I am totally lost on what meta read you're talking about and I don't want to check.

I think this was something Naana said right? Honestly I just didn't see it as important and I was townreading Naana anyway. I did say that I thought the Naana/Dya interactions looked weird on Dya btw but I don't get how this is relevant. Also Midwife's stuff all came in the middle of the night for me and I got nothing out of them (I actually had to ISO them to check that they existed whoops), @Refa WHILE I'M HERE my early toneread on Midwife was basically that they reminded me of a townie I met on mafiascum once and I didn't glean scum intent from what they were doing even though they were getting shit for it. It's not a confident read and it's weakened over time considering I kind of thought they'd flaked after earlygame completely but that's where it came from.

The last paragraph is fair.

7 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I don't think omega not trying to egg on the fight is indicative of his alignment.  For one the via/naana argument didn't have much to do with reads and more to do with how naana wasn't trying to respond to any questions.  Two omega usually takes a stance in case of players tunneling on each other if you check his meta on the other two games that he has played here.  This wasn't the case between via and naana so I think you're wrong here with the meta read. 

Two,  I know that this is before naana voted dyachei, but what do you think of the vote and the self Pres comments?  You've not really addressed the interactions between naana/dya/midwife which looks sketchy given your omega vote, I feel like you'd push omega harder at this point. Especially since midwife and naana have taken the spotlight for this phase. 

Also too reply to your earlier question about evan/midwife: I didn't pay much attention to his tpp play but I remember him going aggro at via and getting lynched for losing the Tdome with him. Which is kinda different from what he's doing this game but I'm not going by meta wrt my stance on Evan, can't really go off of meta over one game where he got lynched d1. With midwife its more that they haven't followed up on any of their questions,  they seem to be a michelaar type of player. 

I don't think Omega would necessarily egg on the fight because I don't know if he'd think it was productive or not. I'd expect more of a decisive action either way to continue or stop it than a weird diversion post but it makes more sense at least with after he reminded me that he had the question for Via earlier. Don't think it was a good move but I could see a world where town!Omega does that. Tbh I am totally lost on what meta read you're talking about and I don't want to check.

I think this was something Naana said right? Honestly I just didn't see it as important and I was townreading Naana anyway. I did say that I thought the Naana/Dya interactions looked weird on Dya btw but I don't get how this is relevant. Also Midwife's stuff all came in the middle of the night for me and I got nothing out of them (I actually had to ISO them to check that they existed whoops), @Refa WHILE I'M HERE my early toneread on Midwife was basically that they reminded me of a townie I met on mafiascum once and I didn't glean scum intent from what they were doing even though they were getting shit for it. It's not a confident read and it's weakened over time considering I kind of thought they'd flaked after earlygame completely but that's where it came from.

The last paragraph is fair.

3 hours ago, Refa said:

@Naana Why was the dude locktown reading AM scummy?  I can guess where you're coming from here but I want to hear it from you.

It was really halfassed and felt like scum white knighting town with the way jinrou was repeating it.  I reread the slot though and think it's town.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:22 PM, wolfy said:

holy fuck this catchup is awful.  This is up to ~40

Every single midwife post in the first 30 pages of this game makes me want to, hm im not sure how visceral I can be on this site, I'll just say go lie down in some gravel in a rundown park underneath a slide and just wait for kids to repetitively jump on me as they come down the slide while slowly getting covered and snow, letting the frostbite rot away my limbs.  The argument that contribution should = a pass is bad and contradictory.

pretty sure moon is town here because she'd be freezing and forcing bad content if she wasn't.  
also evan isn't yelling rude things at people and spamming votes, take a tl as positive reinforcement.  

shinori's fine
i think im gona lock via town and just leave that to ride

I honestly can't remember anything omega sb and elmina have said

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

I'm currently at work and might be here for longer than initially planned because someone just walked out so I'll probably only make small pats like so in between customers

Ha sucks to suck

43 minutes ago, LaserGuy said:

##Unvote
Trump looking better. Don't really want to lynch him right now.

@Red Ryu Hey man, we going to see some content out of you soon? You've been saying that you're catching up for like 24 hours now. Pages 20-60 are not required reading.
##Vote: Red Ryu

Workong on it at work 

44 minutes ago, SB. said:

Idk dude if Gorf hasn't played for years I can see why he'd be rusty on meta. I was pretty bad at reading a lot of SF people who are obvtown/obvscum early on even when we still played actively years back and I don't think a misread here is criminal. 

In a world where the Elemina case never happened, where would you put him? 

Yeah, I have some doubt with Gorf. I may be being biased but I mean, damn, Elemina has been a free read for both me and Gorf over at least a dozen games I'd guess.

Without that case, I actually don't think I'd have a problem with him and might instead go for Marth. Marth picked up on the badness in Gorf's case, but it's not hard to do as either alignment. Like, if Gorf is villager, then Marth has mostly focused his content on Gorf and that's just not enough for me.