June's Legendary Hero Arrives! Hector: Marquess of Ostia (June 28 ~ July 5)

Coolmanio

Just now, Garlyle said:

I think the reason why IS is making all Hector a green armored unit is because you only saw Hector wielding an axe.

And because otherwise Hector Emblem would be too op.

Hector has access to swords in FE7 and lances in FE6/13. Which is more basis than a lot of seasonal weapons.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I mean, people love Ike.

As they should. He has more going for him than most lords. It's easy to lump people into liking him for his strength, as with Hector, but he earns that by having a great arc within a well realized setting. He comes across as more grounded and more flawed than most other lords.

It's easy to point fingers at popular characters because they're popular. Hell, I cringe at the amount of fanservice given to Marth when, for example, in Fire Emblem Warriors every single character stops just sort of giving the man fellatio in support conversations. He is so insultingly perfect from my perspective, and the lackluster writing in his games haven't given him room to earn that. But I wouldn't call Marth fans out for it; they just see something that I do not.

Edited by Etheus

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

[Ike] earns that by having a great arc

I must have played some different Path of Radiance. Oh well. This is not the time and the place for this anyway.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized this would have been the perfect opportunity to have a banner with Hector, Valentine Hector, and Legendary Hector on it. Hector as the regular 5-star-exclusive, Valentine Hector because the seasonal rotation is at the Valentine banner, and Legendary Hector as the Legendary.

And I would pull so hard from that banner.

I was thinking the same thing, as well as for Lyn, but Elise showed up instead of Brave Lyn.

But for real I'm surprised they would let themselves fall behind to now three green seasonals. They'll be moving on to Spring next month, I assume, and that also has two greenies. How will they catch up now?

Edited by Glennstavos

Fire seems a bit odd to me. I mean, for one lightning does make sense to coincide alongside fire. But the last LH was a lightning character and he was associated with water, which was honestly more odd. But the other fact is that Eliwood represents fire and Lyn represents wind. So I find it odd that Hector would also represent fire. I figured if anything it'd be earth. Hmm, this is okay though. I really hope we get a fire Eliwood, but the likelihood of Roy is greater I'd say. Darn shame too.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

i wonder if you combine thunder armads with wary fighter, does that mean he cant be doubled even if the oppnent uses bold fighter or axe breaker and outspeeds him? much like double QR lets original hector double dispite wary fighter?

5 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I think this'll probably be a non-stack-able effect making Wary Fighter as effective as an empty slot outside of the case where Thunder Armads' effect is not active and Wary Fighter's condition is met.

2 hours ago, Azuni said:

It most likely will stack, because it looks like 2 flags of 'Enemy cannot followup' which is similar to the 2 flags of 'Hector can followup' with that Armads+wary+QR seal effect.

Based on known game mechanics, they should stack. Follow-up attacks activate based on adding 1 for every effect that guarantees a follow-up attack (including having Spd 5 higher than the opponent) and subtracting one for every effect that prevents a follow-up attack (note that having Spd 5 lower than the opponent doesn't prevent a follow-up and doesn't subtract 1) with the follow-up happening if the final value is 1 or more.

You can easily test this by fielding a low-level Setsuna with Assassin Bow and an inherited Daggerbreaker against the Bowbreaker dagger user in Navarre's Grand Hero Battle. Setsuna has 2 stacks of follow-up prevention (Assassin Bow and Daggerbreaker), and the dagger user has 2 stacks of follow-up guarantee (Bowbreaker and Spd advantage), which should cancel and prevent the dagger user from performing a follow-up. Setsuna will be able to perform her own follow-up because she has two stacks of follow-up guarantee (Assassin Bow and Daggerbreaker) against the dagger user's 1 stack of follow-up prevention (Bowbreaker).

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Kind of underwhelmed but i’m still pulling green anyway to get any of the green units. Don’t have Myrrh, Steady Breath is nice and Hector would be good.

My sentiments exactly. I could use another Steady Breath, and I missed out on Myrrh on her banner. Another Hector feels meh, but if his IVs are better that my LA!Hector, I might sack the latter for a character that needs DC.

The Legendary Banner is looking rather good, however I am not sure if I will pull on this all that much. A third Axe Armored Hector isn't really doing it for me and I already have Brave Ike and Myrrh. So I may skip out on green (unless I get 5 green stones ofc) if I do pull.  

I don't have any of the blue units and LA!Lyn was a unit I was aiming for when her banner was around. So pulling aiming for Lyn sounds fun, I wouldn't mind a Morgan or an Ephraim either.

Both Elise and LA!Roy are units I am missing and want, so Colorless is up for consideration.

Finally for the red units being featured I have Legendary Ike from the Xenologue. Leif is a unit I wouldn't mind getting, but he isn't someone I care for exactly. Christmas Tharja is the only unit I want from the reds, but the other two units being featured are there.

Perhaps I will cave and spend some F2P orbs on the banner, but as of now I will do just a free pull and hope for the best.

So, even though I'm really know feeling Hector, and I feel meh towards Ike, green is still probably what I'll pull on. For Myrrh of course, but also because Steady Breath and DC are some skills I can definitely use as fodder.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

It's easy to point fingers at popular characters because they're popular. Hell, I cringe at the amount of fanservice given to Marth when, for example, in Fire Emblem Warriors every single character stops just sort of giving the man fellatio in support conversations. He is so insultingly perfect from my perspective, and the lackluster writing in his games haven't given him room to earn that. But I wouldn't call Marth fans out for it; they just see something that I do not.

Marth's situation is somewhat complicated, and IMO somewhat mirrors Tharja.  But that's a convo for another thread.  Regardless, why did you feel the need to trash a character here?

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Marth's situation is somewhat complicated, and IMO somewhat mirrors Tharja.  But that's a convo for another thread.  Regardless, why did you feel the need to trash a character here?

To illustrate a point. Disliking a character - especially a popular one - does not justify lumping those that do into a group. While I dislike Marth, I acknowledge that others may like him for reasons other than just being the first lord. Some may like his self-critical attitude. Some may like his chemistry with Caeda in Warriors (of which I might count myself included). Others may simply appreciate his character design or applaud him for not being a traditionally masculine protagonist. Perhaps there is something more to him in some other media (like the Manga), which I have no knowledge of.

Ike and Hector seem to be victims of stereotyping - as if they are only popular because they are potrayed as gods among men. I think there is plenty of room to like either for other reasons.

Hector has a great family tragedy (the death of his family members to sickness and knowledge that he may develop the same). He shows selflessness and loyalty when he takes up Armads to help his comrades, knowing its curse.

Ike is a different protagonist from the norm. He's down-to-earth. He's abrasive to authority, stoic, brash, and has no desire to become part of the pomp and circumstance of the nobility. It's interesting to see him forced into a position of command and nobility and working in that position despite his discomfort. It's interesting to see his open perspective of the Laguz in a world taught to hate them. It's interesting watching him go from a trainee to a hero over the course of Fire Emblem's longest (and IMO most well-realized story).

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet again, it is Hector. I like the guy, he is the only lord who I would shed a sincere emotional tear for if they all got hit by an ICBM (burned in a fire and kicked off a cliff I can't say), but this is too much.

What have all the other lords done that makes you despise them to the extent you wouldn't even feel sad at their deaths? 

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Three Hectors, yet No Beards. I'm disappointed IS, very disappointed. Is this really such a bad design?

latest?cb=20170508103958

This is FE6 Hector. The popular Hector is FE7 Hector. Also, FE6 Hector really let himself go. I know that beards are considered “in” now but wanting a character just for facial hair is pretty silly. 

12 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What have all the other lords done that makes you despise them to the extent you wouldn't even feel sad at their deaths? 

I don't despise them at all, I would offer my pity and sympathy as I would to the loss of any good individuals (IRL and fictional alike), that was just a way of me saying the only one whom I have a personal bond with is Hector. Perhaps that came off as too cold and I chose my wording poorly, I can see how it would now that you point it out. 

18 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

This is FE6 Hector. The popular Hector is FE7 Hector. Also, FE6 Hector really let himself go. I know that beards are considered “in” now but wanting a character just for facial hair is pretty silly.

And if went purely off FE6 Hector's actual stats, he'd massively lose on Str (18 as a 20/20 General? Apparently beards eat muscle.), also have dirt Spd, and funnel most of it into Def, and place the rest into HP and Res.

Then again, doth FEH goest offeth original game stats? Karla of Blazing suggest that not be so of time always. Wherefore is her Str in Elibe itself? For at base a Bartre in circumstances worst can endure her swordplay enough so as to win her affections to the forces of lord Hector. And at potential peaked, it is most likely that her Str remains below the realm of the twenties by two or three.

30 minutes ago, Etheus said:

To illustrate a point. Disliking a character - especially a popular one - does not justify lumping those that do into a group. While I dislike Marth, I acknowledge that others may like him for reasons other than just being the first lord. Some may like his self-critical attitude. Some may like his chemistry with Caeda in Warriors (of which I might count myself included). Others may simply appreciate his character design or applaud him for not being a traditionally masculine protagonist. Perhaps there is something more to him in some other media (like the Manga), which I have no knowledge of.

Ike and Hector seem to be victims of stereotyping - as if they are only popular because they are potrayed as gods among men. I think there is plenty of room to like either for other reasons.

Hector has a great family tragedy (the death of his family members to sickness and knowledge that he may develop the same). He shows selflessness and loyalty when he takes up Armads to help his comrades, knowing its curse.

Ike is a different protagonist from the norm. He's down-to-earth. He's abrasive to authority, stoic, brash, and has no desire to become part of the pomp and circumstance of the nobility. It's interesting to see him forced into a position of command and nobility and working in that position despite his discomfort. It's interesting to see his open perspective of the Laguz in a world taught to hate them. It's interesting watching him go from a trainee to a hero over the course of Fire Emblem's longest (and IMO most well-realized story).

It's okay to dislike characters, but this wasn't the topic to bring it up in (WTF does Marth have to do with this banner) - and combined with the hyperbole in your description, that puts you firmly in that camp.  Time, place, and tone are very important.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if went purely off FE6 Hector's actual stats, he'd massively lose on Str (18 as a 20/20 General? Apparently beards eat muscle.), also have dirt Spd, and funnel most of it into Def, and place the rest into HP and Res.

Then again, doth FEH goest offeth original game stats? Karla of Blazing suggest that not be so of time always. Wherefore is her Str in Elibe itself? For at base a Bartre in circumstances worst can endure her swordplay enough so as to win her affections to the forces of lord Hector. And at potential peaked, it is most likely that her Str remains below the realm of the twenties by two or three.

A FE6 Hector could be noddle-armed and then have the rest of his stats spent on HP and Res for a mixed tank version of Hector. No Armads. Perfect TT reward or as a GHB. A free Sheena of sorts. 

As for stat accuracy in FEH to the source material, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. Micaiah is a rather...recent example of a unit that’s true to her source material. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I've noticed no one is really upset with Hector even though he is the 3rd, and we are getting a 4th.  Even though all Hectors are same movement type and weapon type, all have a different version of Armads and all come with distant counter.  

I think Hector is hard to get upset with it regardless of how many alts or how much variety within those alts, he is just a man's man.  

18 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I've noticed no one is really upset with Hector even though he is the 3rd, and we are getting a 4th.  Even though all Hectors are same movement type and weapon type, all have a different version of Armads and all come with distant counter.  

I think Hector is hard to get upset with it regardless of how many alts or how much variety within those alts, he is just a man's man.  

Clearly I needed to sound more upset in my posts

20 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

He hasn't gotten as many alts as Lyn and in as short a timeframe. Though it is boring how IS has been so unoriginal with him. I wish they'd do something actually different with him for a change. CYL better have a Hector of a different color all together.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He hasn't gotten as many alts as Lyn and in as short a timeframe. Though it is boring how IS has been so unoriginal with him. I wish they'd do something actually different with him for a change. CYL better have a Hector of a different color all together.

I'm personally upset about Hector, he has a CYL alt coming very soon, and I personally don't like him, but I do agree with you about how unoriginal he is.

Do you think there's a chance we could see Sword Hector for CYL?

Also, why are we even dragging Marth into this? You didn't even have to mention him, wyd? He has nothing to do with this banner, there's a time and place for everything but not now. :/

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

I'm personally upset about Hector, he has a CYL alt coming very soon, and I personally don't like him, but I do agree with you about how unoriginal he is.

Do you think there's a chance we could see Sword Hector for CYL?

Also, why are we even dragging Marth into this? You didn't even have to mention him, wyd? He has nothing to do with this banner, there's a time and place for everything but not now. :/

Yeah, CYL Hector should get a sword, and if he doesn't, I'm literally going to go wtf. xP

...Uh, I didn't say anything about Marth?

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, CYL Hector should get a sword, and if he doesn't, I'm literally going to go wtf. xP

I'm thinking it will be a sword, but maybe it could be a spear as well.  A staff would be pretty hilarious but that may be what CYL Celica gets.

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Clearly I needed to sound more upset in my posts

Well not literally 'no one' but in general it seems not many people are upset with this.  I'm wondering if it is a guy thing too.  Like I think more people would be upset about a 5th Lucina than a 5th Chrom.  

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't directed at you, as Marth was brought up earlier on this page before your posts and not in a complimentary way.

Hopefully the CYL Hector isn't Armads again, it was already boring enough at 2, now we're at 3. Hector surely is popular enough to rake in the money without always having Armads glued to his kit. Hector's alts are just blatantly powercreeping each other bit by bit in some form, at least Lyn/Camilla/etc alts had completely different movement/weapon combinations.