Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Chosen Ones!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2018 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

You actually care about this mode?

Did I say I did? I only said I was glad to see my side and one of my favorite characters win. I wouldn't actually miss the VG at all if it went away. I get more unhappy with it than happy, tbh.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Did I say I did? I only said I was glad to see my side and one of my favorite characters win. I wouldn't actually miss the VG at all if it went away. I get more unhappy with it than happy, tbh.

Enough to celebrate his victory, so I guess whenever it's convenient. But hey, whatever gets you through the day

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Well if we're going off the CYL then by that logic Surtur is the most popular male antagonist that's not BK.

Well aside from CYL, the only other comparison is the official popularity poll held by Nintendo... and he scored even worse there.

Just now, SlipperySlippy said:

Well aside from CYL, the only other comparison is the official popularity poll held by Nintendo... and he scored even worse there.

It saddens me that not many like poor Frederick. But I'm also kind of used to it, because beyond Ike and Ephraim, all my favorite characters are unpopular...

Wow, I am now glad to have gone with my gut for this. Ephraim actually managed to pull it off. This kind of victory isn't exactly clean, but I am just glad the victory feathers made up for the lack of effort I put into this gauntlet. I barely participqted in this one amd finished in the 60ks this round. Really I am not even feeling this mode as a feather resource anymore, since you earn a lot more from GC.

@eclipse Yeah, I do realize that not everyone who likes Veronica is like that. Guess I am still salty from back when I tried clearing the Abyssal LHBs. I just remember all the people talking about how people who couldn't do it only had themselves to blame for not choosing Veronica as CYL2 freebe, which didn't helpy frustration at the time. 

Edited by Nanima

Oh, that reminds me

When I was looking at the leaderboard for team Ike on Saturday (yes, that was several days ago, I know) the number 10 ranked person had an Eirika lead and was named "VALTER NO". Number 11 person had a Valter lead and was named "VALTER YES".

That made me laugh and I had to take a screenshot.

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I just remember all the people talking about how people who couldn't do it only had themselves to blame for not choosing Veronica as CYL2 freebe, which didn't helpy frustration at the time. 

People said this shit? I didn't pick Veronica because I wanted to pick Ephraim instead, so it's my fault I can't clear Abyssal? Bullshit. We can pick whoever we want, we shouldn't be REQUIRED to pick a certain character to clear something. Also, wasn't Abyssal added AFTER the banner dropped? How were we supposed to know which of these CYL units was best for it?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The Japanese official one is the only one I'm aware of, but I disgress

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh, that reminds me

When I was looking at the leaderboard for team Ike on Saturday (yes, that was several days ago, I know) the number 10 ranked person had an Eirika lead and was named "VALTER NO". Number 11 person had a Valter lead and was named "VALTER YES".

That made me laugh and I had to take a screenshot.

Yeah, that’s pretty good.

I saw a guy with a Lloyd lead named “LINUS SUCKS” earlier which might be a brick joke to this guy from a VG or two ago that I noticed.

Spoiler

aY2rHAc.png

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People said this shit? I didn't pick Veronica because I wanted to pick Ephraim instead, so it's my fault I can't clear Abyssal? Bullshit. We can pick whoever we want, we shouldn't be REQUIRED to pick a certain character to clear something. Also, wasn't Abyssal added AFTER the banner dropped? How were we supposed to know which of these CYL units was best for it?

Meh. The Abyssal “rewards” aren’t really worth the effort of going through all that inflated stat nonsense. The fact that it was just repaints of older rewards killed any interest I had, if any. 

Commas beat non-commas, justice has been done.

Ranked 2000-odd in both army and overall which is a good recovery since I played the first round very poorly out of laziness.

Edited by Humanoid

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It was mostly due to Phoenixmaster's guide which allowed a lot of F2P players to clear the Abyssal maps. Those without Veronica didn't really have much of a chance at clearing it (though I heard rumours of being able to clear it with other healers but I didn't have the seals to confirm their claims). That's where I mostly encountered comments of that nature, about how people should have waited and seen the signs that Veronica would be like BraveLyn, i.e. the unit used in all the guides. Which is a bit unfair to people who really want to pick their fave. I get that sometimes you need certain kinds of units for certain kinds of challenges, but to limit it to one specific unit that not everyone is going to have is a bit dumb. There probably are ways to clear it as a F2P with no merges and without using Veronica, but it's difficult to do so when LHBs are as time limited as they are.

4 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It was mostly due to Phoenixmaster's guide which allowed a lot of F2P players to clear the Abyssal maps. Those without Veronica didn't really have much of a chance at clearing it (though I heard rumours of being able to clear it with other healers but I didn't have the seals to confirm their claims). That's where I mostly encountered comments of that nature, about how people should have waited and seen the signs that Veronica would be like BraveLyn, i.e. the unit used in all the guides. Which is a bit unfair to people who really want to pick their fave. I get that sometimes you need certain kinds of units for certain kinds of challenges, but to limit it to one specific unit that not everyone is going to have is a bit dumb. There probably are ways to clear it as a F2P with no merges and without using Veronica, but it's difficult to do so when LHBs are as time limited as they are.

Actually there's a better guide than Phoenixmaster's, but the youtuber is not well known, he gives the concept (it's no commentary) while Phoenixmaster just gives the tactic. Hell, he even posted the guide earlier than Phoenixmaster.

14 minutes ago, Exozinx said:

Actually there's a better guide than Phoenixmaster's, but the youtuber is not well known, he gives the concept (it's no commentary) while Phoenixmaster just gives the tactic. Hell, he even posted the guide earlier than Phoenixmaster.

brotel, and possibly many more japanese youtuber 

25 minutes ago, Exozinx said:

I think I saw one that could have worked, but I would have needed to promote two units to 5* and didn't have the feathers. Another one I just didn't have the seals for and lacked the resources to upgrade them. Another reason why the LHBs being so limited is ridiculous. Guess I now have to save up on feathers and Sacred Coins for the end of every month just in case I need something.

14 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

brotel, and possibly many more japanese youtuber 

brotel used Veronica.

Brotel's Robin abyssal didn't use Veronica, to my knowledge. I think it was their guide that I used to beat Robin abyssal.

I saw a Marth abyssal guide without Veronica, but I didn't have the specific fodder to do it at the time.

I mean there isn't much to celebrate in victory in voting gauntlet, Veronica was by far the most popular everyone knows that.  Multipliers can screw anyone though, we've seen it many times since they were introduced.

Hey what was Feh talking about, pay attention to the winner?  Does everyon get a free Brave Ephraim?  If so that would be something to celebrate, he is the only hero from this guantlet I don't have.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

We can pick whoever we want, we shouldn't be REQUIRED to pick a certain character to clear something. Also, wasn't Abyssal added AFTER the banner dropped? How were we supposed to know which of these CYL units was best for it?

You can pick who ever you want and manage your Barracks however you wish, but keep in mind that players who spend little to no money have to manage their resources more carefully. And sometimes, even if a free player manages their resources the best they can, they cannot have it all without spending real cash.

While a lot of players rushed to pick their favorites in CYL2, a lot of other players also learned their lesson from CYL1 and refrained from making rash choices and waited instead. The Focus is not going anywhere in the foreseeable future, so it does not hurt to see if there are difficult content coming up that may require a specific Hero.

The one thing I don't understand is people celebrating a victory for a mode that, earlier, they were talking about how much said mode sucks...

I'm not one to speak, I've never been on the winning team for a while now, but it'd feel like a hollow victory, knowing my team won in a honestly quite stupid event... but hey, feathers! I can afford another 5* promote.

By the way, did anyone ever get my BB!Ninian as an ally? I know @Ginko mentioned he did (your welcome by the way :) ).

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Hey what was Feh talking about, pay attention to the winner?  Does everyon get a free Brave Ephraim?  If so that would be something to celebrate, he is the only hero from this guantlet I don't have.

Same actually, All the summoning I did the other day just rewarded me an extra (bad natured) Hector and 2 Death Blow 4 fodder. Still have yet to legit pull Veronica to, and the banner is going to end before I can afford another mass summoning session...

Edited by Xenomata

I mean, I get why Veronica is a very good choice for f2p players, but ultimately I think I'll be fine with my choice of Ephraim. I needed another high-scoring armor unit for my arena score, and after using Veronica in my friends' accounts (they free-picked her), she makes things WAY too easy. If I get Veronica naturally by pulling her out of a summoning pool I will use her, but she does kind of make things too easy for me.

Veronica getting a horse AND a personal staff with Sothe's buff/debuff effect AND innate wrathful staff was a mistake. I don't care if Xander and her brother taught her how to ride a horse, she would've been plenty powerful without a horse if we kept everything the same about her. I thought IS thought cavalry was too powerful or something?