New Legendary Hero: Eirika

Poimagic

Just now, daisy jane said:

duh. thanks. :) 
there aren't more bow knights. 
Astrid would work as well. (for axe). 

I kinda think Astrid would be a bow knight.

If you want some serious outside picks:

- Lachesis
- Isadora
- Amelia alt
- Sully alt
- Lucina alt
- Kjelle
- Sophie

The DS FE ladies need to reclass to Great Knight.  Amelia can also go Great Knight if she's promoted in a certain way.  Lachesis gets her axe via Master Knight, and Isadora can wield axes, though it isn't pretty.  I don't think Fiona can wield axes, but if she could, it would be hilarious.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

@Ice Dragon Issue is that my units are never that far apart, so she'd basically have a 19 MT weapon.  If she has the right combination of durability and speed, I might be able to run a sorta-budget build with Swift Stance and Flashing Blade.

Or I can be really stupid with a Wo Dao+ and Noontime.

Flashing Blade can't be equipped by cavalry, though. The only inheritable skill that increases Special charge rate that cavalry can equip is Heavy Blade, which is why Storm Sieglinde is so good.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I don't think Fiona can wield axes, but if she could, it would be hilarious.

If memory serves, Fiona promotes to Silver Knight, which has lances and bows.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Flashing Blade can't be equipped by cavalry, though. The only inheritable skill that increases Special charge rate that cavalry can equip is Heavy Blade, which is why Storm Sieglinde is so good.

Why do I keep thinking that she's an infantry unit, despite the fact that two of her incarnations aren't?  Oh, right, because the only one in my barracks is infantry.

Unless she can beat her brother in an arm-wrestling match, it would most likely take a bit to make Heavy Blade work with her (something like Hone + double Goad with a Drive Atk thrown in there for good measure. . .which I think exists as a seal, but I'm too lazy to look it up).  But on the VERY off-chance that it does, I might be able to work with that!  Pity that she isn't a lance unit, because I bet Reprisal Lance and Heavy Blade make a pretty amusing combo.

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Right now, my entire hope for this banner is that it means that Eirika, Hector (Thunder Armads), Brave Lyn (Swift Mulagir), Marth (Exalted Falchion) and maybe the general-pool-summonable Tikis (Divine Mist) get their Legendary versions' weapons via refinery update to start Book III.

I'm hoping we get most of those refinements soon, but I think it's a bit soon for Eirika's. I think past ones have all been at least a month after the upgraded version was released.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pity that she isn't a lance unit, because I bet Reprisal Lance and Heavy Blade make a pretty amusing combo.

I'm hoping one of these days we'll finally get weapon parity where every weapon effect is available on every weapon type (swords, lances, and axes in one group and tomes in another group).

They need to stop sitting on their heels on things like the Reprisal series, the Litrserpent series, Firesweep Axe, etc.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm hoping one of these days we'll finally get weapon parity where every weapon effect is available on every weapon type (swords, lances, and axes in one group and tomes in another group).

They need to stop sitting on their heels on things like the Reprisal series, the Litrserpent series, Firesweep Axe, etc.

The issue is that at least half of every new banner has unique weapons. I said this when the convo about serpent tomes came up but i literally can't remember the last non seasonal mage to be released with a generic tome.

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Depending on how you look at it, Brave Weapons also count.

If Storm Sieglinde was just a flat stat check then it'll be more reliable than Braves, but as is Braves are basically just as reliable at generating extra special charge with a bit better combat to boot. (Only Sword Rein gets to use Braves on defense, of course, but the fact that Sword Rein's on a horse means that Eirika doesn't even have a unique EP horse niche.)

Off-topic edit:

@eclipse I wouldn't worry too much about stacking buffs for Heavy Blade. I use Heavy Blade Cordelia with a Spd Refine Slaying Lance and basically never run into problems with Heavy Blade triggering, mostly because I get my Hone and I deny the enemy theirs with AI manipulation.

But you only have the freedom to AI manipulate if you don't give yourself too many positioning requirements---it's why I pretty much never run anything other than Hone Type for buffs, with the rare Fort Type thrown in when I'm doing movement type quests. Positioning gets hilariously hard if you're trying to stack a bunch of goads, spurs, whatever while trying to trigger ploys etc.

Mind, Cordelia is 35 base Atk, but 14 MT weapon means that Eirika can be 30 base Atk and still be comparable.

Edited by DehNutCase

21 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

The issue is that at least half of every new banner has unique weapons. I said this when the convo about serpent tomes came up but i literally can't remember the last non seasonal mage to be released with a generic tome.

Canas, as the TT reward at the end of June.  If you mean last mage released into the summoning pool with a generic tome, that would be F!Morgan back in March.

In general, I think they need to stop introducing units with PRFs when it doesn't make sense.  Karla and Flying Nino really didn't need PRF weapons, IMO, and having so many PRFs pushes people to expect them for even more units.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

37 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Would Swift Mulagir really be any better though? It seems a lot more suited to baiting, where as Brave Lyn in hardcore PP. The rest would be nice if just for alternative options, even if Hector would still probably just run BA because that weapon is disgusting.

Admittedly, yeah, Swift Mulagir would probably be a bit difficult for Brave Lyn to take advantage of unless you run Goads/Wards/Drives (which I do, since I run her with my Reinhardt and his Goad Cavalry and their S Support), but the ATK/SPD bonus could be pretty good for her when you got it (the boost puts Brave Lyn at 49/52/55 ATK and 37/40/43 SPD before skills, and with her default skills that becomes 53/56/59 ATK and 41/44/47 SPD thanks to Swift Sparrow), and the RES bonus would be just enough to maybe let =RES or +RES Brave Lyn run a Ploy skill if you want (31 or 34 RES with Swift Mulagir, so as long as she isn't -RES you could run SPD Ploy Sacred Seal to maybe double more often, or DEF Ploy if you just wanna hit harder), so it might be a worthwhile choice for her (not sure it'd beat Brave or Firesweep, but if you never pull Faye and/or never pull/don't wanna kill your Klein/Gordin then it could be a nice alternative).

And I agree on Hector probably just running Berserk Armads (it's the entire reason why Love Abounds Hector is the only Hector I still have), and I mostly included Thunder Armads because it's one of the Legendary weapons that haven't been given to the original unit yet, though Thunder Armads still has a neat effect and should make Hector a slightly superior tank against physical enemies compared to Legendary Hector (L!Hector has 1 more DEF, but regular Hector has 5 more HP so he probably wins in terms of tanking physical foes, if nothing else).

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I'm hoping we get most of those refinements soon, but I think it's a bit soon for Eirika's. I think past ones have all been at least a month after the upgraded version was released.

I'm guessing we'll be getting Book III in December, so it will have been over a month since Legendary Eirika happened.

If we were to get it next month though, then yeah, drop Eirika (and maybe the Tikis) from that list (but hopefully give her Storm Seiglinde at some point).

20 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Canas, as the TT reward at the end of June.  If you mean last mage released into the summoning pool with a generic tome, that would be F!Morgan back in March.

In general, I think they need to stop introducing units with PRFs when it doesn't make sense.  Karla and Flying Nino really didn't need PRF weapons, IMO, and having so many PRFs pushes people to expect them for even more units.

I think part of the issue is how deep we are into most games' rosters we are. Any new banners from Fates/Awakening(non beasts oc) would be scrapping the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of popularity, and most of the less represented titles at least have all of their very popular/recognizable units in already. With players generally being less willing to pull for character alone as time goes on, IS likely feels pressured to make every new unit super unique and that's often done through weapons.

Due to her reputation from her base game, absolutely no one would pull for Karla if she wasn't top tier (which raises the question of why she was picked for that banner anyways) so that was likely the motivation there. 

It's not even about how many popular characters are left, units for a long time now have all been coming with amazing weapons and new or super rare skills.  So even if they released a new version of Lyn or Ike, if they came with some generic weapon it would be a huge letdown.  Cause just about every non seasonal unit is coming with a PRF, or a new skill or both.  Cause of this I think the vast majority of people DON'T pull for character alone and haven't for some time.  They pull for characters they love that also bring something new to the table, or at least are very powerful.  Once you set a precedent of almost every unit coming with a personal weapon, great stat spread, and new skill or even a unique skill you just can't go back on that.  I think they have constricted their creative space forcing really complex weapons and skills to add variety, they have also accelerated the power creep particularly in terms of skills.  

1 hour ago, colossus86 said:

Half of the reason why I'm saying that they've been sitting on their heels is the fact that it's been almost 2 months since the release of Combat Manuals, and they still haven't done anything at all with them despite the fact that there are many creative uses of them that could solve the problems this game currently has with resource availability.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Half of the reason why I'm saying that they've been sitting on their heels is the fact that it's been almost 2 months since the release of Combat Manuals, and they still haven't done anything at all with them despite the fact that there are many creative uses of them that could solve the problems this game currently has with resource availability.

Something like being able to buy 200 sp skills and generic weapons for arena medals would be a great QoL change that wouldn't bite into the bottom line too much, hopefully.

Edited by colossus86

Red Infantry: Marth (Fire), Ike (Earth)
Red Armor: ( - )
Red Cavalry: Eirika (Water)
Red Flier: Ryoma (Water)

Blue Infantry: Fjorm (Water), Lucina (Wind)
Blue Armor: Tiki (Earth)
Blue Cavalry: Ephraim (Fire)
Blue Flier: ( - )

Green Infantry: Lyn (Wind)
Green Armor: Hector (Fire)
Green Cavalry: Gunnthra (Wind)
Green Flier: ( - )

Colorless: Grima (Earth)

IIRC we're supposed to get 2 Colorless Legendaries after this, right? Assuming they want to fill out the chart first, it seems likely that we're going to get 3 Colorless and 1 Green in the future to achieve color balance (4 red, 4 blue, 4 green, 4 colorless) (assuming they want to do that).
That means:
- November: Colorless (Water/Res)
- December: Colorless (Wind/Def)
- January: Green (Earth/Res)
- February: Colorless (Fire/Spd)

Looking at my prediction it seems like IS messed up regarding the Element distribution. Both Red and Green have 1 missing element each.

Edited by The Priest

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can’t wait to get 1) no greens; 2) Sanaki.

At least she's the only one with Def/Res link. Perfect for those who want Spectrum Link Odin plays.

....we need more Link skills in the general pool :(

Why are the interesting skills always so hard to get? This would at least make builds more unique and fun.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

At least she's the only one with Def/Res link. Perfect for those who want Spectrum Link Odin plays.

....we need more Link skills in the general pool :(

Why are the interesting skills always so hard to get? This would at least make builds more unique and fun.

I don’t care about blowing 200 dew on Odin to make a joke unit into a slightly less a joke. He works well for me as a raven tome, and he’s going to stay that.

Looks like they decided to just go all in in Spd. Okay.

HP: 38
Atk: 31
Spd: 39 (my guess was 35)
Def: 27
Res: 21 (my guess was 26)

EDIT: Superbane in HP. Superboon in Def. Nothing of particular note.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Finally my luck changes.  First circle I finally get legendary Lyn!!!! +atk/-spd.  Also got Barst reposition other green on circle and WoM on the red.  Summoned a couple more reds in 2 circles afterwards, got +atk/-HP Silvia....finally I can promote her and ally support with Lewyn!  Nice.  

Anyways I am at 10 orbs.  I'll probably go red only, and green if no reds show up from now on.  

On one hand, my summoning luck has been atrocious.
Full list:

for free: 4★ Seth
90 → 85: 4★ Cherche
85 → 80: 4★ Fae
80 → 76: 4★ Gunter
76 → 72: 3★ Frederick
72 → 67: 4★ Cecilia
67 → 62: 4★ Lucius
62 → 57: 4★ Rebecca
57 → 52: 4★ Gunter
52 → 48: 5★ Sanaki — the one five-star I wouldn’t have wanted, and of course I got her, fuck me, right?
48 → 43: 3★ Sheena
43 → 38: 3★ Soren
38 → 34: 4★ Soren
34 → 29: 3★ Felicia
29 → 24: 3★ Setsuna
24 → 19: 4★ Cherche
19 → 14: 3★ Matthew
14 → 9: 3★ Kaze
9 → 4: 4★ Azama

On the other hand, we’re in the clear, boys:
Screenshot_20181031-143653.png

Update:
Screenshot_20181031-144645.png

Still not Spd Tactic.

Edited by Vaximillian

@Vaximillian Ahhh darn, at least Def/Res Link would be good for L!lucina whenever she comes back and if you get her! 

And Vengeful Fighter...hmm...do all your armour ladies have them if I recall correctly? (I remember Gwendolyn having them I think)

Haven't solved the map yet, that tight spacing is atrocious.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Ahhh darn, at least Def/Res Link would be good for L!lucina whenever she comes back and if you get her! 

And Vengeful Fighter...hmm...do all your armour ladies have them if I recall correctly? (I remember Gwendolyn having them I think)

>me getting Lucina
>cryalot.png

Gwendy and Sheena both have it from the two 8% Hectors from the previous banner, yeah.

So with weapons and skills included(Wave skill too), were are looking at 38 HP, 56 Atk, 45 Spd, 36 Def and 24 Res when she go solo. She has bane on HP and boon on Def(which I think you defineately want). Her plus side is speed, and downside is resistance obviously. Def+, Res- might be what we are looking for?

I don't think I need her, but I will try to summon from red orbs regardless. My orbs are safe. As for Legendary maps, I'll defineately bring the Rein against this.