Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Starting off the week with a Defensive Success against a guy who had no business losing a single unit~ I have to believe he must have been trying to lose~

I keep forgetting that people can see my feeble attempts at brute-force attacking them and blundering into all sorts of traps and buildings. Best not to think about that for the benefit of my ego.

I'm still conditioned to ignoring the mode so I frequently forget to click on the AR button on any given day about half the time. I've managed to remember often enough to get the grails for three days of fighting but I think I missed out on the second blessing last week - not that I'd ever use it. Still, I'm pleased that keeping T16 doesn't look like it'll be too onerous so I should get the 32 dragonflowers consistently from now on.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

This mode continues to make me despise it. One season, I can get to almost Tier 20, and the next I only win 3 matches on the first day, lose all my ladders and have one victory immediately invalidated by a full defense loss. I just hate how this mode requires you to play almost perfectly at all times without a chance to make up for it like arena does. It really isn't my scene and I wouldn't even care if even the lower tiers didn't get progressively worse by the week. 

I feel ya there. This week has started with me being just frustrated to no end. Curse the matchups I am getting this week.

Edited by Usana

Yeah, the main thing I hate in this mode is there being little room for error and being basically entirely unable to make up for the errors.

Edited by Anacybele

It would be really nice to at least be able to reset the map to the start of your last turn (probably limited to once per map since this would be easily abusable for positioning units with Ploy-ranged skills). I know I've screwed myself over before with misclicks or forgetting I need to kill enemies in a specific order to avoid activating Solo skills.

But then again, that's what ladders are for.

Got off to a decent start this week.  No ladders used yet, two deaths I think and only missed one Aether pot.  Using Hrid and Gunnthra as the leads of my team is nice.  I thought about using Eliwood too, but Gunnthra actually has the lowest Atk of my team, being beaten out by Olivia and Naga of all people.  I could try to Fortress their Atk lower, but I don't want to handicap them too much, lest I get walled out by something that Gunnthra can't one shot.

Last week was really rough, I struggled with offense a lot. About the only thing saving me was well timed defense successes and the losses that counted were on the smaller end. 

This week’s already looking a lot better with two five kill defense wins (though now I’ve changed my defense setup so we’ll see if it works well) and offense coming a lot easier. Thank god for bridal Fjorm. 

YWorst season ever, Alfonse is my only bonus unit since duma does not grant lift and had to rebless him. Just spent all aether to be rid of this week and won two matches in total. That’s 2/8 wins and 6/8 losses. No ladders. I want this season to be over. Fire/wind is pretty much my worst season combo.

Edited by Vicious Sal

Just won a match with only one unit lost. I switched the bonus hanger on to from Brady to Alphonse and it worked out better than I expected. He was actually the mvp of that clear after Micaiaha so rudely murdered PicnicLeon. Aversa's presence helped, but it's still impressive how he lived through like four units attacking him on the same turn and murdered half of them. I certainly won't be making fun of the bench lord anymore.  

Still only have won two matches this season. I have 1 wind legendary and 1 fire legendary so I can’t substitute units all that well and Alfonse is my only bonus unit. 

Will stay T21 luckily since this week i have had a perfect defense so far.

This week is going really bad for me. Not only can I apparently not win much, but my defenses are being absolutely hammered. Thank goodness for that Duma I pulled way back, else I would be down even worse. Not sure if I can maintain 21 this week if this keeps up.

Meanwhile my Anima Defense that has 0 business getting so much as 2 kills has gotten me 4 Successes this week~ I am seriously wondering if I'm being trolled by these people.

Coming off of yesterday where I got 3 complete losses (including wasting my last ladder; I'm really starting to feel the pain of Lv4 Offense in T21), I was given mercy by our lord and savior "P2W Game", fielding a lone 1* Wrys and managed to get a perfect run on an non-degenerate Armor team afterwards~  IDK if I'll get T23 again this week but just T22 to be safe is fine with me~

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

20 defense matches in a row (this week plus last week) without even a kill. 

If its the same defense map i tried 2 weeks ago on Friend battles. Then your Elise is kinda exposed to Null C-Disrupt.

EDIT: They should have made Naga the Dark Defense Mythic and Yune the Astra Offense unit. Naga on a Defense Team providing Dragon effectivness to 3 other units basicly shuts down any kind of Dragon Supertank

Edited by Hilda

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

Naga on a Defense Team providing Dragon effectivness to 3 other units basicly shuts down any kind of Dragon Supertank

You're still sorely underestimating how strong the best tanks in the game are.

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

If its the same defense map i tried 2 weeks ago on Friend battles. Then your Elise is kinda exposed to Null C-Disrupt.

It's still my defense map from week 1. ^^ Depending on the extra defense rewards I may overthink it. 

Null c-disrupt is not my main problem, I think. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

It's still my defense map from week 1. ^^ Depending on the extra defense rewards I may overthink it. 

Null c-disrupt is not my main problem, I think. 

Just redid your map with my current team Fjorm Eliwood Gunnthra double Naga. Your Lucina and Dancer Micaiah instantly died from baiting on the far right (destroyed structured). And the rest was no threat because they all are traped. You left no path open for your units to walk out. After that i proceeded to open a path and bait Sigurd. Elise got trapped by my Tactics room building (even then Fjorm would have taken 0 dmg). Sigurd died. Finished of Elise with Fjorm and Hector with Gunnthra on Turn 4 then proceeded to one shot your still traped Axe Flier in the right corner.

Your map is restricting the movement of your own units. If they cant get out because of structures, there is no real threat for me and i can bait one after one unit.

And Lucina + Dancer Micaiah can be baited to easy now since the Map update. all it needs is one supertank. + both onthe same colums = Bride Fjorm nullifies your dance and future vision

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're still sorely underestimating how strong the best tanks in the game are.

The only Dragon Tank so far that survived that slaughter was Fallen Tiki and that only because she was a bonus unit.

Idunn might be able to tank it too because she ignores debuffs.

Not saying that Infantry or Armor tanks wont work here. But Dragon Tanks dont

@Hilda My map was never good enough to be called "hard to beat" or even "nigh impossible to beat". My goal was from the beginning to surprise some players with unusual builds, like Bold Fighter/Galeforce L!Hector, WoM GF Cherche and instant Moonbow L!Lucina. 

Many players start with killing Cherche, but leave their ranged unit exposed. Hector breaks the wall (thanks to armored boots/healing tower), Elise attacks the ranged unit (but seldom kills her). Often enough Lucina kills the ranged unit in the end of turn 1. 

I don't know if it's because of Gunnthrá, but these weeks that plan didn't work well. I'll have to rethink everything, if the new rewards are worth it. 

Tested out L!Eliwood in a rematch today and got a perfect run~ Nah taking out a B!Hector is some fun stuff~

Second rematch was some double Grandscratcher, double L!Azura, L!Alm tomfoolery that I could do nothing against~ Was a pretty good set up, though~

Three ladders are still not enough. We need more. I'm tired of not having enough. Either that, or give us a sixth offensive unit already. Also, fuck teams with multiple refreshers.

Also... Only one defense win out of seven? I thought I made a really good defense team... Maybe I really don't know anything about this stupid game. Or at least this awful mode.

Edited by Anacybele

@mampfoid

Join the difficult defense map crew. We have pie.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also... Only one defense win out of seven? I thought I made a really good defense team... Maybe I really don't know anything about this stupid game. Or at least this awful mode.

Out of curiosity, what does the map look like?

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Out of curiosity, what does the map look like?

Map shouldn't matter. I find tough defense teams on any kind of map.

I did forget though, that my defense fortress is only lv. 3. I bet my team faced higher level offensive fortresses. When I can upgrade my defense one, that should help the problem, at least somewhat.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Map shouldn't matter. I find tough defense teams on any kind of map.

He's not talking about the terrain. He means your positioning of units and structures on the map as well as what builds your map is running.

Also, if you're having trouble with defense just watch the replays and see what players are doing to beat your map.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

The only Dragon Tank so far that survived that slaughter was Fallen Tiki and that only because she was a bonus unit.

Idunn might be able to tank it too because she ignores debuffs.

Not saying that Infantry or Armor tanks wont work here. But Dragon Tanks dont

Except they clearly do since you literally said so in the first two sentences. I'm not saying all dragon tanks just magically work. I'm saying that the best of the best tanks in the game don't care about effective damage, dragon, armor, infantry, or otherwise.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

He's not talking about the terrain. He means your positioning of units and structures on the map as well as what builds your map is running.

Also, if you're having trouble with defense just watch the replays and see what players are doing to beat your map.

Oh. Well, of course I try to position things strategically. Like, I put a trap in front of who I believe would be the most easily targeted unit otherwise. But I guess there could be more to learn about that.

My defense team right now, since I lack Duma and all, is built around legendary Eliwood's support. So I put in three units with the same Atk stat for him to buff, since the other units there have lower Atk. And I added seals that buff further, and legendary Azura is there because she's best refresher (and mine has perfect +Spd, -Def IVs on top of that).

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. Well, of course I try to position things strategically. Like, I put a trap in front of who I believe would be the most easily targeted unit otherwise. But I guess there could be more to learn about that.

My defense team right now, since I lack Duma and all, is built around legendary Eliwood's support. So I put in three units with the same Atk stat for him to buff, since the other units there have lower Atk. And I added seals that buff further, and legendary Azura is there because she's best refresher (and mine has perfect +Spd, -Def IVs on top of that).

The most common non mythic AR unit used is Aversa. She gains 10 hp from mythic buffs so outstacking her Hp won’t work. All units that get debuffed by her have panic status inflicted and a -3 to all stats. 

So you get -3 to all stats for every unit that is adjacent to another unit and all units that get the buff from Eliwood get that buff immediately turned into a penalty.

That’s why so many defense teams use only wards and drives and goads, since those are in combat.