Will Hrid finally be playable? (Yes)

indigoasis

So, I already knew about this beforehand, but I want to give credit to @Diovani Bressan for pointing out what I wanted to discuss on this thread in the Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links thread on page 2387 (that's a lot of pages...). Anyway, voice clips for Hrid were found in the data for Heroes, and you can listen to them here.

With that out of the way, what are everyone's thoughts? I really want to found out who his voice actor is, because he sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't figure out who it is. Also, how do you think he will be obtained? I really hope that IS release him through Grand Conquests, similarly to how they released Kaze. I think it would be a perfect opportunity to do it, and everyone will be able to get him for free. I think it would serve as a nice surprise. If not, I can still dream.

I think he'll be released soon, probably as the next legendary hero.

I do not think he'll be in Grand Conquests. If he was, he would have been included in last night's update. Also, if they do any more GC bonus units, they'll probably be fairly minor characters like Kaze. OCs have been much flashier than that.

I don't care if he becomes playable. I will care if he gets the same undeserved legendary label like two of his sisters got.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Also, if they do any more GC bonus units, they'll probably be fairly minor characters like Kaze.

You say that, but Hrid actually has less story significance in FEH than Kaze in Fates. Honestly, being a throwaway bonus would perfectly suit Hrid given everything he didn't do.

I am guessing he will be the new legendary, since as others have said his stats and other info was not found in the datamine.  I would be very happy if he was a GC unit like Kaze, but I don't think they will give anymore free units out that way.  Anyway I just want him and Bruno to be playable since every other OC has a playable version.

I'm looking forward to him. Kinda hoping if he is a legendary, they give him out as a Book 3 intro thing like Fjorm. Was hoping to skip this legendary to keep saving up for when they finally get around to RD or another game I actually care about, but Ol' Nerdy will make that awfully difficult. Speaking of, his voice has really grown on me.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Following what I commented in the Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links thread on page 2387  (you're right, that's a lot of pages...), I believe Hríd will be the next Legendary Hero, as well as I believe IS will start to put more than 4 Legendary Heroes per banner, because there is a wait time for 3-4 months for some heroes and having more that 4 heroes in the banner will reduce this time.

I don't believe Hríd will be a GC reward because we already have all the data from Grand Conquest in the Sonic Boom Fire and Ice update. The next update will be on the same day of the Legendary Banner, November 27th, which will probably have the rest of the content until Version 3.0: Legendary Banner, Legendary Battle, Forging Bonds, Voting Gauntlet, BHB Revival, Three Heroes Quests and "Heroes with Ward Skills" banner. But it's weird that we got his voice clips in the data. Maybe someone forgot to delete it, or just left it on purpose, similar to how the summer units were leaked this year.

I don't mind if Hríd is a Legendary Hero or not. Honestly, I would prefer to have Hríd as a normal unit in the summoning pool, since we already have 4 Legendary Sword Users (Ike, Ryoma, Marth and Eirika). Hríd would be the 5th Sword user, which is too much... While we are getting too much Legendary Sword Users, we are also getting too much Red Tome GHB units...

At least I hope he has a good skill set.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Following what I commented in the Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links thread on page 2387  (you're right, that's a lot of pages...), I believe Hríd will be the next Legendary Hero, as well as I believe IS will start to put more than 4 Legendary Heroes per banner, because there is a wait time for 3-4 months for some heroes and having more that 4 heroes in the banner will reduce this time.

I don't believe Hríd will be a GC reward because we already have all the data from Grand Conquest in the Sonic Boom Fire and Ice update. The next update will be on the same day of the Legendary Banner, November 27th, which will probably have the rest of the content until Version 3.0: Legendary Banner, Legendary Battle, Forging Bonds, Voting Gauntlet, BHB Revival, Three Heroes Quests and "Heroes with Ward Skills" banner. But it's weird that we got his voice clips in the data. Maybe someone forgot to delete it, or just left it on purpose, similar to how the summer units were leaked this year.

I don't mind if Hríd is a Legendary Hero or not. Honestly, I would prefer to have Hríd as a normal unit in the summoning pool, since we already have 4 Legendary Sword Users (Ike, Ryoma, Marth and Eirika). Hríd would be the 5th Sword user, which is too much... While we are getting too much Legendary Sword Users, we are also getting too much Red Tome GHB units...

At least I hope he has a good skill set.

who has to say he has to be red as a sword user. Legendary heroes have allways bent the boundaries. FGrima being the first colorless dragon (and the only one). Lyn was the first colored Archer. Hrid could very well be a our first colorless physical damage melee.

29 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Hrid could very well be a our first colorless physical damage melee.

That's actually a pretty interesting concept, and I'm curious as to how it might work. It might even bring back the TA+Raven Tome combo, but I doubt it.

45 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Another red legendary right after we got barely just got Eirika definitely seems like a bit much. I like the idea @bottlegnomes pitched where we could get Hrid as a Book III unit like we did with Fjorm in Book II, although he still might be a legendary hero if that were the case. I can also agree with that last sentiment, although the only weapon type Gharnef would've been able to use was red tome since dark magic is in that category. Granted they could've chosen a different character, but oh well.

15 minutes ago, indigoceans said:

Another red legendary right after we got barely just got Eirika definitely seems like a bit much. I like the idea @bottlegnomes pitched where we could get Hrid as a Book III unit like we did with Fjorm in Book II, although he still might be a legendary hero if that were the case. I can also agree with that last sentiment, although the only weapon type Gharnef would've been able to use was red tome since dark magic is in that category. Granted they could've chosen a different character, but oh well.

We just got Eirika as a sword unit, as well as we just got Aversa as a Red Tome GHB unit. Also, Gharnef came out of nowhere because he doesn't have any connection to any current event on Heroes! I am a little sad we didn't have a Shadow Dragon banner too...

Anyway, I don't know about we getting Hríd as a Book III bonus. Book III will probably introduce new original characters, and I hope one of them is a free unit. Maybe a free beast unit... who knows!

I also believe the Forging Bonds Event will be based on the Nifl siblings, and having the Legendary Banner starting on the same day the event starts can be related.

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think the Voting Gauntlet is going to be Nifl vs Muspell

Oh, yeah... the VG can be based on Book II too... If it happens, I don't know who to choose... Maybe Gunnthrá again, since I picked her in the Legendary Voting Gauntlet and she is a fun unit to use. Also, if the VG is Nifl Vs Múspell, we will probably have a rerun of the "Generals of Múspell" banner as the VG Banner.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't care if he becomes playable. I will care if he gets the same undeserved legendary label like two of his sisters got.

You say that, but Hrid actually has less story significance in FEH than Kaze in Fates. Honestly, being a throwaway bonus would perfectly suit Hrid given everything he didn't do.

Would Book 2 be any different without him? Not much. Hrid did try to assassinate Surtr all by himself though. Sure he failed, but the fact that he survived and escaped from such a dangerous and likely historical foe with only an injury is pretty legendary in itself. I'd say he's also significant in that he's one of the few Nifl royals and few relatives of Fjorm that survived the tragedy of the Muspell invasion. 

Edited by Arcphoenix

I'm sure he'll get in, either as the next legendary or in some other unknown way at the moment. I agree he did next to nothing in the story and all he really has to him is liking his design, but I don't think he'll be skipped. I think he has even less reasoning to be a legendary than Gunnthra was if going off what we witnessed in the story, but maybe just the fact he's the prince and did stuff off-screen will be enough to be legendary even if we didn't get to see him do anything ourselves.

So before people get excited about Hrid becoming a legendary hero as that is the next big banner coming up, keep in mind that legendary banners usually get their own content update before the banner release, so the chances of him showing up as legendary hero is very unlikely.

I was just thinking about the forging bonds event next week and I am wondering if he will be given out for that since they always have 4 units be a part of it.  I have a hard time seeing Hrid as the legendary hero with his voice clips being in the game before that banner.  I just really hope that he is a free unit, since I want him and with my luck I won't be able to pull him at all.

Okay, so based on his surviving Surtr (who is a green unit) I'm thinking he'll have tankier stats and be a red unit. While his being a sword-user isn't a new thought, I had to rethink it with the suggestion that he could be a colorless sword-user. While it could be cool, it would require reworking to include a new weapon type like that, and we saw evidence of colored bows and daggers, and of colorless dragonstones well before their actual introduction. So, he's likely to be a red sword unit. And while I'm sad that Ylgr turned out to not only not be legendary, but also not an armored staff-user, I'm very happy that she's in the game, and hope that her brother winds up being another legendary unit. That said, I don't know how likely that is to come to pass. IS seems to be trying to "clean out the closet" with book 2 characters. We've gotten a bunch of them in the last couple months, and it's a bit strange that Hrid wasn't included with Ylgr and Surtr. That leads me to believe that he'll be a GHB unit or a TT reward. So, probably a TT reward since we're getting Gharnef as the next GHB and it doesn't make sense for Hrid to be introduced far into the future unless he comes back into the story with some unexpected relevance at a later date. We know he's at least worked with Bruno before, so who knows? Besides, voice clips means he's in the game, not necessarily playable (sadly.) The other option I guess is for him to be a free unit. I don't think this is very likely, though, unless he . Could be included later on alongside Bruno as part of some secret group the players haven't been entirely aware of before then, though. Like, a sort of underground parallel "Order of Heroes." Sounds book 4-ish to me, though, with them being revealed more in full towards the end of Book 3. Their purpose? Fighting off the skulking evils in the world (like Hrid opposing Surtr (clearly, that one got out of hand) and Bruno trying to figure out how to defeat Embla: the dark god who has his grip on the Emblian royal family's blood.) So, slow-moving but powerful threats that would affect the world at large. This is also why book 3 would be good for introducing this group, since, well, we're fighting death. Maybe Alfonse winds up joining this group secretly in the end? I could see how his path thus far would lead to that, being tactical by nature and already having ties with Bruno. Plus, well, having such strong, personal reasons to opposing some ridiculously big bad. (Which seems to be the theme, here, if the rest of my speculation is what IS is going with.)

Anyway, I hope he's a tanky peg knight. That'd be cool. High HP, fairly high def, good res, and probably slow. Would make for an interesting unit. All this is based on how well he did against Surtr in book 2, though. Seems less like he got out unscathed and more like he just had enough vitality to survive those heavy hits. (So, HP.) Odds are he's another armor, though, as much as I hope he's a peg knight. 'Course, armors aren't known for being good at escapes, and Hrid did escape Surtr when the assassination plan started going south. Maybe he escaped on his Pegasus - to the skies, where Surtr couldn't follow him?

Those are my hopes and theories on all that, anyway.

Honestly, while I understand the idea of Hrid being Book 3's freebie is a possibility, I would find it strange.

I mean, you would think that if we were going to be a free character for Book 3, it would be a brand new character that would tie in more closely with the themes of the book. Hrid might have a small role to play as King of Nifl, but Nifl is unlikely to have that big a role in the story. On that note, I would find it strange if they made him Book 3's freebie as I don't anticipate him having much of a role.

You would think they would advertise their brand new upcoming characters more once Book 3 came.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, while I understand the idea of Hrid being Book 3's freebie is a possibility, I would find it strange.

I mean, you would think that if we were going to be a free character for Book 3, it would be a brand new character that would tie in more closely with the themes of the book. Hrid might have a small role to play as King of Nifl, but Nifl is unlikely to have that big a role in the story. On that note, I would find it strange if they made him Book 3's freebie as I don't anticipate him having much of a role.

You would think they would advertise their brand new upcoming characters more once Book 3 came.

mmmm i could see a motivation in actually trying to get Gunnthra back from the underworld... I mean she is his sister.

Edited by Hilda

18 hours ago, Hilda said:

mmmm i could see a motivation in actually trying to get Gunnthra back from the underworld... I mean she is his sister.

I don't think Gunnthra is in Hel's world. Hel outright says they get "those undeserving of a higher reward" which would make sense for someone as violent as Surtr. Gunnthra however I doubt would be undeserving, and would probably end up in their version of heaven (which I guess would be Valhalla or whatever their world uses).

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think Gunnthra is in Hel's world. Hel outright says they get "those undeserving of a higher reward" which would make sense for someone as violent as Surtr. Gunnthra however I doubt would be undeserving, and would probably end up in their version of heaven (which I guess would be Valhalla or whatever their world uses).

Good point. Of course, whoever Hel kills him/herself would probably be brought into his/her world, which would explain why he/she kills Kiran. The player doesn't quite "belong" in the FE universe.