Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

I'm literally only pulling red. Everyone else that I care for in other colors I have, but hot ab do I want Hrid. Don't even care that I have a ton of sword cavs. Will be a bit miffed if Laev and Ryoma show up instead, but hopefully 300 orbs is enough to get him.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'm literally only pulling red. Everyone else that I care for in other colors I have, but hot ab do I want Hrid. Don't even care that I have a ton of sword cavs. Will be a bit miffed if Laev and Ryoma show up instead, but hopefully 300 orbs is enough to get him.

while sniping legendary is bad - if you just do red (and don't get broken on the way) - simulator says that you should get at least 1. (I can run the math for you  to give you the median if you'd like. 

33 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Werewolf master race unite. I guess now that I think of it, the wyvern could just eat people so she leaves no trace..

This I could get behind. lol That's a very clever assassin as long as the wyvern's hungry. Maybe Hrid should have had a wyvern.

Though honestly, I probably would have liked for him to have a pegasus if just to break a few stereotypes. But IS is pretty set in their ways.

Well, I can definitely count on always being wrong with my legendary predictions.

And yikes, the powercreep. Obviously it's been around for a while, but lately it feels much more blatant. Surtr and Hrid (assuming he has a good statline) are disgusting.

Only pulling blue.

After the Fire and Ice banner, there would have been blood if Intsys hadn't released Hrid here. Of course, there's still complaining about him, as there always is at this point. Yeah, they should have put him in the former banner or at least not had Eirika precede him. It's good he isn't infantry at least. Anyway, this ks the first LG banner in a long time I am going to pull on. My priorities are:

Red: I've been wanting Ryouma for a long time, but always had other priorities. This is the first time I can make an honest attempt at him, so I do hope I can get at least one with good IVs. Hrid looks nice, and my only Sword cavs are Exalted!Chrom and Xander, so he still has a spot to fill. I'll keep one if I get two, but otherwise I'll just let him stay until I can pull an Ares with decent IVs, so I can give DC to Oboro. Laeveteinn is more than fine with me, since I've witnessed first hand the crazy things she can do with her sword.

Blue: B!Lucina is the big hit for me here. Her assist skill fascinates me and her line-up is pretty great overall. I'd be happy to get her. B!Hector is pretty insane as a unit, so I can see myself replacing Hardin with him. Although not if his IVs end up sucking. Either way, it'd give my Halloween Henry access to Bold Fighter.~ S!Cordelia is my designated Lance!Cav, so fixing her -Atk Bane would be very useful for me.

Green: Gunnthra would be useful as my second green tome cav other than Cecilia. It's always nice to have options, especially since my Cecilia maxed her HM long ago. Innes is someone I am fond of, though nowhere close to being a fav. Nontheless, it would be nice to have an Axe Fliers not named Cherche. Kana doesn't interest me much, but I wouldn't hate having her.

Colourless: I would love to get both Nina and Noire, but sadly F!Grima sours me on the colour as always. I have her with perfect IVs and at +3 now, and no desire for more seeing as I rarely use her anymore anyway.

So yeah: Red->Blue->Green->Colourless

Blue all the way. with Legendary Lucina, who I really want, and Hector to get my current Hector up to plus 10, or at least plus anything is my goal. Not that I'm putting more than 20 orbs into this, gotta save up for the Radiant Dawn banner.

Looks awesome. More cavalry with synergy for my existing units is great for me. Red is crazy good this banner, and even though I would like getting other Legendaries (especially more Gunnthra), I may have to snipe red depending on how my luck goes.

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Part of the problem was the fact that they insisted on having colored bows and daggers, which significantly shrunk the pool of potential colorless Legendary Heroes.

Coloured bows and daggers were a huge mistake along with… many bad decisions they have made. But coloured bows and daggers are pretty high up there.

45 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

So the whole pattern of two legendary heroes per game has been broken. Also, same weapon and move type can repeat the next month. 

Patterns don’t mean anything because there are no and has never been any patterns.

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

but it would be weird to have a green and blue and not red., yah? 

Doesn't mean it has to be Alm and doesn't mean it has to be a Legendary Hero, even.

We have Niles as a colored bow seasonal character and Flora and Ylgr in the standard pool as colored daggers.

Hrid’s current reception is nearly 3,000 likes to around 300ish dislikes as of writing. “Vocal minority” my ass. Clearly the people complaining about the idea of him showing up are the smaller group here.

10 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Hrid’s current reception is nearly 3,000 likes to around 300ish dislikes as of writing. “Vocal minority” my ass. Clearly the people complaining about the idea of him showing up are the smaller group here.

Not caring is also a opinion

52 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Hunting for specific characters/fodder isn't a good idea on legendary banners unless there's multiple characters within a colour that you desire. I'd wait for RD myself. If you want DC, wait for a banner with Hector assuming he's the only green focus unit. 

tks, i tought the 8% was better for sniping a specific hero. =/

11 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Oh, sorry, I was too busy factory resetting my damn phone to even spare a dislike for this trailer.

Joy, another Cavalier that power creeps Xander.

13 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I think he's over rated as much as the next guy but unless Hrid does something to make me hate him as much Surtr, then the hatred on him is just dumb.

Huh. Well, there goes my theory of Legendary Hrid returning in Book 3 as a matured king of Nifl. Anyway, I’m not particularly enthused by this banner.

• Red: Hrid looks interesting, especially synergizing with Guunthra. Of course getting him would mean I have 4 wind legendaries. Ryoma would be very useful, and I don’t particularly care about Laevatain.
  • Blue: Looking very nice. I’ve got L!Lucina, but with +Res/-Atk she really could be better. B!Hector is always handy, and I wouldn’t mind S!Cordelia.
  • Green: Kind of meh. I’d like a Guunthra merge, but she’s not a priority. S!Innes has to compete with Michalis and Minerva, and I don’t care about Kana.
  • Grey: F!Grima is thoroughly unnecessary at this point, while Nina and Noire are okay, but nothing more.

Probably going to take the first circle, then snipe reds and blues until I get a 5*.

8 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

tks, i tought the 8% was better for sniping a specific hero. =/

It's divided up evenly among the 12 focus units. So 0.67% for a particular hero. Of course once you start colour sniping, your chance increases but that is true for 3 person regular banners as well which have a 1% rate per hero.