Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm SUPER happy to see Eliwood and Nino up near the top, but I'm saddened that it appears that Marth and Eirika aren't doing as well as I thought they would. Might throw them a vote or two. But then...Brom...now I'm conflicted.

Alm is on top of that list so I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't mind seeing Eliwood beat Marth but I also wouldn't mind Marth beating Eliwood either. Its about even for me. But if you're worried then there's still hope for Marth. The poster specifically says he looked at the English speaking players and Marth primary fanbase is in Japan. Sure, he has Smash and being ''iconic'' in the west too but Marth games are much warmer remembered in Japan. So if Marth is already being very high in the western poll he should easily dominate the Japanese one. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Today's choice: Sedgar

Pretty sure he's got a better chance at this than Tomas, but I like too many obscure characters!

I wonder what his SD growths, let's say as a Horseman, would produce as stats in FEH. Growths:

160/80/85/85/0 (well his Res gives him a weakness, just OHKO with Breath/Tome)

6 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Her lines only really feel in-character if you squint and take her at her worst scenes, with a line squeezed in there about having a sister that doesn't reflect how it's presented in the game at all.

With the herons in now, I'm reminded of one her best scenes. Her innocence and idealism of a child, combined with her status as Empress, through this unique combination alone could she and did she apologize to Reyson and Leanne for the massacre.

If she wasn't a child, could she have been so humble as to be willing to bow down before those who rejected her near-divinity? Sigrun suggests perhaps not, that "maturity" in understanding her status would make her think not. If she was not Empress of Begnion, she in her forgiveness could not have done penance on behalf of an entire nation. 

Next year, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, will find itself interesting, if predictable. 3H should sweep in at least one alt per gender, whether its newness can swipe both slots will a question. Will oldie XYZ find themselves has-beens to the newcomer }{-? Who would sweep the top? Lords obviously need apply, but anyone else? Will there be a quirky beloved by many character like Gaius? Will there be another seductress? Time will only tell. 

If Marth wins, I can see them going full retro. 1990 no-pants outfit, wielding Mercurius, and having trainee stats to reflect the original effect.

If Alm wins, all I want is that they give him a bow.

What could they do with Eliwood?

As for the girls' side, the question about Eliwood also applies to Nino. I will bet against Azura, because of the backlash from her legendary alt.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

So, thinking more about Eliwood:

Being a dark horse gives him a big advantage: not already being saturated with alts. He's a 00s era lord with only one alt, a seasonal he got last year. That seems like a pretty good place to be right now, CYL-wise, and it's a distinction he shares with Micaiah. Also, unlike Chrom, I think Eliwood has a shot at maintaining a lead against Marth past the midway tally, or even pulling a turnaround like Veronica. Midway tallies can benefit underdogs a lot that way, pulling in people who wouldn't have gone for it until seeing they've got a shot.

Taking the Reddit post at face value suggests Alm/Eliwood and Nino/Micaiah. This is possible, but it does have a problem: we've never had two winners from the same game before. Could certainly be a first, especially if these winners don't need vote totals as high as the previous ones. And there have been characters who got close on the previous CYLs despite sharing a game with a winner: Hector and Chrom in CYL1 and Eirika in CYL2. At the same time, the fact that Eliwood seems to be only doing well now that Lyn and Hector are out of the way suggests he may be particularly susceptible to conflicts with other FE7 characters. But maybe not so much Nino as the other lords?

We can't rule out the possibility that the Reddit post is using a sample that over-represents FE7 fans, for whatever reason. It also could be over-representing a more alt-averse section of the fandom, which fits Alm's sky-high votes, and I think those two sections of the fandom have a lot of overlap. So any or all of those four could easily be doing worse than they look.

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Her lines only really feel in-character if you squint and take her at her worst scenes, with a line squeezed in there about having a sister that doesn't reflect how it's presented in the game at all. People joke about Sanaki being a dev favourite because she got first dibs on Tellius presence and Tellius seasonal presence, but I highly doubt anyone writing her had ever played her games.

I generally disagree with this, as I think her lines still fit her character fairly well.  One, in the Order she's generally interacting people unfamiliar to her, so it makes sense that she would act the empress most of the time.  Two, she comes across as a bit tsundere, but she probably never learned how to really express her feelings due entering politics at age 5 and having to learn how to deal with Begnion's senate.  Third, if she comes across as a bit of a bratty half-pint to people unfamiliar with her character, that's possibly a bit intentional, if you remember the Greil Mercenaries first reactions to her stating her rank.

Is she a bit flanderized?  Yeah, but that's unfortunately to be expected with the current writing direction emphasizing character traits rather than developing them, especially given the limited characterization given in Heroes.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

day 2 and still voting on Severa. I doubt anything is gonna come of it but I gotta support my fave. I will spare one or two votes for third/second place when midterm results roll around. Curious to see how that one is gonna look.

Edited by Ottservia

1 hour ago, Chrom-ulent said:

As for the girls' side, the question about Eliwood also applies to Nino. I will bet against Azura, because of the backlash from her legendary alt.

Eliwood crosdressing as Roy? Family does seem to be the recurring theme of the Brave banners. 

Likewise Nino can either style herself after her two boys....or after her mommy. 

5 hours ago, Drakhis said:

I think that she can reach top 1. She can beat Azura, Camilla, and Eirika. The thing is I don't know if Nino will be at the top. I saw this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aiw55i/cyl3_first_24_hours_twitter_analysis/ I know it's not fully representative of the final votes, but Nino can get this place. But there is something weird with this thread: Marth being third.

Now my dream units for Cyl 3 would be Marth, Alm, Micaiah, and Camilla. Before this Cyl, I didn't think much about Micaiah, but now that I'm seeing people who support her I want her to win. There is so much love from fans for her.

Hmm I guess I will have to give few votes to Camilla too. I do not particularly like her but still better more of her then Micaiah. 

If Marth wins, I can see them going full retro. 1990 no-pants outfit, wielding Mercurius, and having trainee stats to reflect the original effect.

If Alm wins, all I want is that they give him a bow.

I'd guess Eliwood would dress as Elbert, as a lance cavalry with the Rex Hasta.

Brave Eliwood could take Aureola or Apocalypse while Nino can either take after Jaffar or take the other Divine Tome Brave Eliwood didn’t take. As for outfits for Eliwood, ceremonial garb or Elbert’s clothes. Elbert’s clothes woth a tome would make him the best looking male magic user. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

26 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Eliwood crosdressing as Roy? Family does seem to be the recurring theme of the Brave banners. 

I'd prefer his mother. I don't know what they were planning with her, maybe FE7 Trial Maps, but her NPC data in FE7 has her as a Bishop with Staff, Light, and bizarrely A Anima- reminiscent of FE6 Trial Map Guinevere.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sain's sword. Swords are more heroic according to him. 

Other way around.

Kent:
“Sain! Why aren’t you using your sword?”

Sain:
“The lance is more heroic. A knight should look heroic, don’t you think?”

https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/scripts/game-script/lyns-story/chapter-1-footsteps-of-fate/

8 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Sound good, but what would be Sain's weapon of choice. Sain's Lance? 

Verdant Lance or Womanizer Spear. His epithet is “Green Lance” and he’s a well-known womanizer. 

Back to topic, Aureola matches well with Eliwood’s ceremonial garb while Elbert’s darker clothes would look pretty well with Apocalypse. 

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Other way around.

Kent:
“Sain! Why aren’t you using your sword?”

Sain:
“The lance is more heroic. A knight should look heroic, don’t you think?”

https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/scripts/game-script/lyns-story/chapter-1-footsteps-of-fate/

Really? Huh, I suppose I was just projecting me finding swords more heroic then. Its been some time since I last played Blazing.

46 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Likewise Nino can either style herself after her two boys....or after her mommy. 

Roy’s outfit wouldn’t look good on Eliwood; he’s got a bigger and taller frame. Roy’s a short person. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Roy’s outfit wouldn’t look good on Eliwood; he’s got a bigger and taller frame. Roy’s a short person. 

That's what makes it funny :^_^: Eliwood would be stuck in an outfit for a boy several years younger than him with tight pants and a shirt so short it leaves his belly exposed ala Sothe.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Really? Huh, I suppose I was just projecting me finding swords more heroic then. Its been some time since I last played Blazing.

Probably Sain finds them more heroic because of their potential "manlier" look; after all he's a skirt chaser.

Edited by Troykv