• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Hey, nice haircut you have there.

[...]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯, good luck.

Double thanks. :-) 

13 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I believe units with lots of alts won't be on the top of the list. Oh, Cordelia has 2 alts?

I don't know, it doesn't keep people from voting for Camilla, Tharja, Eirika, Azura and so on. 

As far as I remember, Cordy didn't get negative reactions for her alts. 

32 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

As much as I don't care for her as a character, I think her summer alt had the cutest swimsuit.  I could see myself wearing something like that!

Still not going to vote for her - I have more pressing matters to attend to.  Good luck!

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know, it doesn't keep people from voting for Camilla, Tharja, Eirika, Azura and so on. 

I think that there are some people like me, who think that a brave version isn't the same at all than a regular alt. I know that some people don't want alts for their favorite character, but just the Brave version.  This is maybe why people keep voting for those who have already many alts.

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Before we knew it was Cordy and not Caeldori, I remember some people saying that if it's Cordy then it's bad, because she already had her bridal version. Like always, there are some people to complain. But yeah, Cordelia isn't the one who get the worse reactions for her alts.

Good luck for Cordelia! I'm curious about how she's going to look if she wins

Edited by Drakhis

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have more pressing matters to attend to.

Aren't you voting at all? 

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Good luck!

Thanks!

Good luck getting a beautiful swimsuit and a shell lance+

2 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Like always, they are some people to complain.

Exactly this. Complaining people are often loudest, so we can't predict who will win in the end. 

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

This is maybe why people keep voting for those who have already many alts.

Yeah, you may have a point here.

I'd like to get a "darker" version of Cordelia or just a Dark Flier. I wouldn't even mind the fallen theme (don't know if it makes sense for her though). 

1 minute ago, Drakhis said:

Good luck for Cordelia!

Thanks, good luck for Camilla as well! 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, you may have a point here.

Hey, I'm voting for someone who already has an alt because in my opinion, neither appearance really feels like her.

I'm not sure why I expect a third attempt to be more well-written, but it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

I wonder who'll win on the female side of the voting, I believe units with lots of alts won't be on the top of the list. 

You see the problem is that even if people here agree they don't want someone with many alts, they aren't really on the same page on WHO should be voted instead. It seems all of the bandwagoning is for Marth, Alm, even Eliwood and Alphonse I see getting more serious campaigning for than any woman besides maybe Micaiah, but even with her I seem to find more people that don't want her to win still, and she is also, with Zelgius, one that doesn't get boosted by the combined votes. Other Tellius gals ger the boost but Tellius is always unpopular, just like the japanese esclusive games. I honestly see the pegasisters getting the bigger boost, but that won't put them in top 10 anyway. This lack of organization in choosing a common candidate might put another OC in top 2. Or maybe it will just be Awakening Anna and Camilla.

Daily vote for Kent.

Part of me thinks Camilla will win second place for females mostly because no one knows who to back apart from Micaiah, while Camilla fans seem pretty determined.

I think if they show halftime results again, things might be different.

*Shrugs*

I'll keep voting Kent regardless ^•^

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

That's probably because they were spaced out better and are relatively small in number. When we got beach Cordelia it felt ages since the bridal version. And having two alts isn't too bad. It reflects on Cordelia status as one of the most popular Awakening characters without going overboard with it. I don't think two is any reason for controversy just yet. Its only when its three to four alts and no end of them being in sight that people start getting really annoyed.  

35 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Daily vote for Kent.

Part of me thinks Camilla will win second place for females mostly because no one knows who to back apart from Micaiah, while Camilla fans seem pretty determined.

I think if they show halftime results again, things might be different.

*Shrugs*

I'll keep voting Kent regardless ^•^

There's definitely also a portion of people voting for Camilla for the memes.

Edited by zuibangde

I joined the Micaiah hype train for today, but tomorrow I think I'll have to give F!Morgan or Sanaki a vote, then I should probably give a male character one; they tend to receive fewer overall, if memory serves, which means your votes weigh more heavily

28 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

28 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Both of these make me very sad. Again, it's the double standard that gets me more than anything: Camilla getting a million alts is fine but as soon as other characters get one they're considered to have too many to win CYL?

33 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

True. My friend said he was tempted to until I told him I might actually murder him if he did. I wouldn't mind if he actually liked Camilla, but not for that ><

Alm and Marth has the advantage now that their points from different titles will be merged.

As for the ladies, I heard Micaiah, Nino and Eirika are popular ones. Guess we'll find out.

1 minute ago, Alastor15243 said:

I’m new to this, so sorry if it’s obvious, but do they give us any way to know how many votes characters are getting? Or is this entirely blind until they select the winner?

Last year they showed the mid-term results, but there's nothing for sure if they'll do again.

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

Hey, I'm voting for someone who already has an alt because in my opinion, neither appearance really feels like her.

Yeah, there are probably many different reasons to want an alt of character X/Y. 

2 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

I'm not sure why I expect a third attempt to be more well-written, but it's worth a try.

Good luck getting a Tana you can fully agree to. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That's probably because they were spaced out better and are relatively small in number. When we got beach Cordelia it felt ages since the bridal version. And having two alts isn't too bad. It reflects on Cordelia status as one of the most popular Awakening characters without going overboard with it. I don't think two is any reason for controversy just yet. Its only when its three to four alts and no end of them being in sight that people start getting really annoyed.  

Yup, I can see that time is a big factor. Getting different alts in few months raises grudge. 

The other reason why Cordelia could dodge the alt-ire was that her Summer banner was 100% alts and had Camilla as the rage-magnet back then. 

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Both of these make me very sad. Again, it's the double standard that gets me more than anything: Camilla getting a million alts is fine but as soon as other characters get one they're considered to have too many to win CYL?

It's almost as if different people, from different backgrounds, think different things.

Like the Fates fans are chill about alts, they won't make them suddendly hate a character.

Meanwhile the fans of older games get petty over stuff like Eirika "stealing" Knoll's spot on the banner, or "Sanaki shouldn't have come before Ike, now I hate her forever" or "Tiki isn't even a protagonist, why is she legendary and not Seliph?"

The thing that sabotages old characters' chances the most is the ability of older fans to get petty over minor offenses.

Like some people are saying that Marth doesn't "deserve" the votes because his legendary version is "enough"...

Marth should have more versions than any other character, what's people's problem?

yesterday i voted for fury, today my vote went to astrid

i'll probably vote for leanne or sigurd tomorrow, and then rath

if they release the midterm results the day after tomorrow and two characters among the top 3 (micaiah 1st, selkie 2nd and nino 3rd, for example) have a really small gap (just like camilla and eirika last year), i'm definitely gonna vote for the character i thinks deserves to be higher

i'm pretty sure marth and alm are gonna win (which is kinda boring if you ask me, marth already has 2 very good alts and there's no chance alm's not gonna get one sooner or later), so i''m more inclined to vote for female characters, which are the ones i'm really worried about

Edited by Yexin

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck getting a Tana you can fully agree to. 

...Oh yeah. Eh, I'm willing to split the difference on that and say Tana at least got a fairly competent base version.

No, it's Sanaki I'm hoping for a good version on. Since she was a 5* exclusive I never got, I never realised how bad her lines were for the depth Tellius explored on the topic of 'coronated at five' until Bridal Sanaki got people talking about her again- and the common impression of her, even outside that topic, was of a bratty half-pint.

5 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

...Oh yeah. Eh, I'm willing to split the difference on that and say Tana at least got a fairly competent base version.

Yeah, both versions we got of Tana are good and looking great. But since I never played Sacred Stones, I didn't know what SS players expected of her. 

6 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

No, it's Sanaki I'm hoping for a good version on. Since she was a 5* exclusive I never got, I never realised how bad her lines were for the depth Tellius explored on the topic of 'coronated at five' until Bridal Sanaki got people talking about her again- and the common impression of her, even outside that topic, was of a bratty half-pint.

Ah, Sanaki. I didn't play her game either (can't say if her lines are in character), but I don't like the looks of the flying brides in general. 

10 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Does anyone know which male has the most alts and how many. I think the person who has the most has five alts and Camilla is on alt seven or eight.

I think it’s Chrom, Xander, Ryoma, Hector and Ephraim, all of which have four versions. Could be missing someone, though. 

Edited by Jave

9 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Does anyone know which male has the most alts and how many. I think the person who has the most has five alts and Camilla is on alt seven or eight.

Males are right now on four max. Chrom, Takumeme, Xander, Ephraim and Ryoma. Camilla has six