Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

If Micaiah gets a Brave, I wonder if they'd just use her Light Priestess outfit and give her a staff. It would be kind of cool for her to use Yune's outfit and get some sort of dark magic.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

If the next mythic hero is Micaiah I'll laugh knowing IS is playing 4d chess with the female side.

It’ll probably be her or Alm IF they’re really playing 4d chess. 

Nino has a good chance of getting a Brave variant this time. 

11 hours ago, daisy jane said:

but she may get enough votes to get an alt (Nephenee, i mean) that would be nice for us who actually like alts. 

Yeah but Chrom just may win if I try hard enough so do I use my votes to show my support for the smaller characters, or use them in a way that I may, unlikely as it is, win?

3 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Yeah but Chrom just may win if I try hard enough so do I use my votes to show my support for the smaller characters, or use them in a way that I may, unlikely as it is, win?

that's what makes it so tough

i decided i'll vote for my favourite characters not in game to show support. whomever is chosen i'll probably like them anyway.

24 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

I would like to send feedback (of sorts) about some of the missing characters, as presented below:

Reveal hidden contents

myxcco3623c21.png?width=510&auto=webp&s=

Is there anything I should tweak (as well as characters I should add) before I send this?

Shiharam's name is spelled Shiharam.

I'm kind of surprised they forgot Lekain, if only because they remembered the other Begnion senators.

You could maybe add Elbert from Blazing Blade, if only because he isn't there. And maybe Brandon Reed from the same game, for the same reason.

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

If Micaiah gets a Brave, I wonder if they'd just use her Light Priestess outfit and give her a staff. It would be kind of cool for her to use Yune's outfit and get some sort of dark magic.

I doubt they would. All the CYL so far are different from canon in some way. Ike taking Greil's outfit + Urvan, Celica literally being in Alm's spot instead considering shes got Royal Blade and some of her comments from Forging Bonds, etc. They are attached to their own world in some way, but not directly what they are in their own games.

Im throwing my votes towards Miccy and Tharja. Id like to see either one of them win, maybe with the heat being on Fates so much lately and Awakening being less of a punching bag Tharja stands a slight chance. That and I would like to see what they would come up with for either of those two. Though tbh my guess is its going to be Micaiah and Eirika this year.

As far as the male side goes, probably Reinhardt. I am legitimately curious what they would do with a CYL Reinhardt.

Edited by Tolvir

Two Osian votes down, five to go.

17 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I doubt they would. All the CYL so far are different from canon in some way. Ike taking Greil's outfit + Urvan, Celica literally being in Alm's spot instead considering shes got Royal Blade and some of her comments from Forging Bonds, etc. They are attached to their own world in some way, but not directly what they are in their own games.

Wasn't Lucina just in her normal Great Lord outfit?

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For second vote goes to Camilla. A brave alt will be the peak of her power.

You know, a morbid part of me wants to see her win. Not enough to vote for her, but still, I'd laugh.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Nailah definitely seems like one of the highest-scoring units, but it's hard for me to imagine her beating Azura for the blue spot. I guess it's possible?

That's how A Hero Rises works. Nothing stopping them from doing a successor event in its place with a different reward method, right?

True on Azura. I think the only realistic factor that might bring about the upset would be Altzura fatigue.

For the second part, as far as game structure goes, that is true, but given how much IS seems to like patterns, I'm a bit hesitant to say they'd rework it that much. I'd imagine they'd still want a chapter leading up to the choice, and I don't know how much overhead would be involved in getting the CYL summoning circle to automatically appear at the end of the chapter. But then again, they've surprised us in the past.

@bethany81707 In terms of wording, looks good to me. Maybe a bit overly formal, but not like that's going to hurt in this situation.

Tossed a vote to Edward.

Probably going to toss votes to Ross and Ilyana since I'm pretty sure those are my favorites that aren't in the game still. Maybe Ewan as well.

After that, probably just going to give the rest of my votes to Marth. Could vote for Chrom, but Marth's probably going to win regardless, and he deserves it anyways.

I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Tharja, Camilla or Eirika. I don't really want Micaiah to win, but they could at least give her the Light Priestess outfit and utterly bust her with Rexaura and a crazy kit. Then there's Brave Nino which would just be amazing.

Edited by Zeo

Wow, I guess voting days end and begin at 7PM PST. Well, voted for Elena again! For those of you who are joining me in trying to get her into Heroes, even if you are contributing only 1 vote, thank you very much! Even if she doesn't win (though it would be great if she did somehow; think of how cute she'd look in an outfit similar to Ike's or Griel's!), raising awareness brings us closer to this end goal! :D

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Two Osian votes down, five to go.

Wasn't Lucina just in her normal Great Lord outfit?

She was but she was also using a completely unknown weapon. And you still have the rest of that CYL who were all completely separate.

They could do that with Miccy, but I would find it incredibly lazy considering they gave Ike his Vanguard version for Leg Hero and a special version for CYL.

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I'd imagine they'd still want a chapter leading up to the choice, and I don't know how much overhead would be involved in getting the CYL summoning circle to automatically appear at the end of the chapter. But then again, they've surprised us in the past.

The problem is not getting the summon circle to appear. The problem is that you need to give the player an option to back out so that they aren't locked out of the rest of the game while they make their decision and implement a way for the player to come back and make their pick if they do choose to back out.

I have ideas that are theoretically possible without significant effort, but how easy they would be to implement depend on how the game's functionality is structured.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem is not getting the summon circle to appear. The problem is that you need to give the player an option to back out so that they aren't locked out of the rest of the game while they make their decision and implement a way for the player to come back and make their pick if they do choose to back out.

I have ideas that are theoretically possible without significant effort, but how easy they would be to implement depend on how the game's functionality is structured.

I'm legitimately blanking, but I'm assuming CYL1 & 2 gave that option based on what you said? But yeah, true. There are ways that don't seem too terrible, but who knows.

Whelp, Eyvel got a vote today. Decided to make a list of candidates so I didn't have to go through all the games' rosters every day.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Reddit has Anna and Camilla as top candidates, Twitter has Anna and Camilla as top candidates, Gamefaqs has Camilla as top candidate and here it just looks like everyone voting randomly.

Guess I'll just be taking my free Alm and erasing this CYL from memory. Next years just going to be Three Houses fiesta as well!