Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, both versions we got of Tana are good and looking great. But since I never played Sacred Stones, I didn't know what SS players expected of her. 

I can't speak for other SS fans, but I certainly had a well-established and built up image in my head of Tana as a head-strong, confident bride to match Ephraim and keep him in check. I'm fairly sure that, while Tana has some of these traits, that they're much more downplayed in SS itself, and her more playful, younger-sister character is more accurate. It's certainly never been anything I hated.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ah, Sanaki. I didn't play her game either (can't say if her lines are in character), but I don't like the looks of the flying brides in general. 

Her lines only really feel in-character if you squint and take her at her worst scenes, with a line squeezed in there about having a sister that doesn't reflect how it's presented in the game at all. People joke about Sanaki being a dev favourite because she got first dibs on Tellius presence and Tellius seasonal presence, but I highly doubt anyone writing her had ever played her games.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Her lines only really feel in-character if you squint and take her at her worst scenes, with a line squeezed in there about having a sister that doesn't reflect how it's presented in the game at all. People joke about Sanaki being a dev favourite because she got first dibs on Tellius presence and Tellius seasonal presence, but I highly doubt anyone writing her had ever played her games.

Because of these cases I'm happy that I played Heroes first, despite some spoilers. 

For example looking at Cordelias Awakening art was so much more pleasure and playing Chrom and Robin was easier compared to what we got in Heroes (OG versions). 

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Trust me, I thought about this a lot before CYL3 started. I'd like to vote for others, but that'd be a luxury now.

2nd Vote in:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20190123-072159_Chrome.jpg

You're doing great work.

1 hour ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Well all of my votes are going to Micaiah, so there's that. I hope she can place top 2! ^.^

I think that she can reach top 1. She can beat Azura, Camilla, and Eirika. The thing is I don't know if Nino will be at the top. I saw this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aiw55i/cyl3_first_24_hours_twitter_analysis/ I know it's not fully representative of the final votes, but Nino can get this place. But there is something weird with this thread: Marth being third.

Now my dream units for Cyl 3 would be Marth, Alm, Micaiah, and Camilla. Before this Cyl, I didn't think much about Micaiah, but now that I'm seeing people who support her I want her to win. There is so much love from fans for her.

Edited by Drakhis

15 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I saw this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aiw55i/cyl3_first_24_hours_twitter_analysis/ I know it's not fully representative of the final votes, but Nino can get this place. But there is something weird with this thread: Marth being third.

I'm SUPER happy to see Eliwood and Nino up near the top, but I'm saddened that it appears that Marth and Eirika aren't doing as well as I thought they would. Might throw them a vote or two. But then...Brom...now I'm conflicted.

Alm and Marth.

Nino and Micaiah.

That is how I’ll see it.

I’m giving more to Marth, he deserves it. Alm is likely winning currently, based on these results on reddit. How many days in does the halfway placing announcement come in?

22 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Alm and Marth.

Nino and Micaiah.

That is how I’ll see it.

I’m giving more to Marth, he deserves it. Alm is likely winning currently, based on these results on reddit. How many days in does the halfway placing announcement come in?

I think it was after Day 4 last time.

1 hour ago, Drakhis said:

I think that she can reach top 1. She can beat Azura, Camilla, and Eirika. The thing is I don't know if Nino will be at the top. I saw this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/aiw55i/cyl3_first_24_hours_twitter_analysis/ I know it's not fully representative of the final votes, but Nino can get this place. But there is something weird with this thread: Marth being third.

Now my dream units for Cyl 3 would be Marth, Alm, Micaiah, and Camilla. Before this Cyl, I didn't think much about Micaiah, but now that I'm seeing people who support her I want her to win. There is so much love from fans for her.

OMG, that Nino. I will believe it when I see her win. By the way remember there also Heroes player who don't speak english, especially japanese players. Don't trust this data too much.

1 hour ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Alm and Marth.

Nino and Micaiah.

That is how I’ll see it.

Pretty cool that Alm's getting a lot of love. And Marth, too.

37 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

OMG, that Nino. I will believe it when I see her win. By the way remember there also Heroes player who don't speak english, especially japanese players. Don't trust this data too much.

Yeah I don't think that this data is what's going to happen, but he used Twitter for his data, and he took every tweet (From Japanese people too), so the problem is not people who don't speak English, but people who don't use twitter.

I just think that it will be really strange if Marth isn't one of the winners.

Edited by Drakhis

If Marth doesn't at least come second, I'll cry. Don't get me wrong, I love Alm and Eliwood, but...but...Marth.

That being said, I'm taking those early results with a grain of salt, as there are a lot of ways for it to not be completely accurate.

Only way I see Marth not winning is that if his fans get a bit too confident and decide “I’m voting for other characters since Marth’s got this one in the bag”, which is something I’ve seen plenty of people doing. 

Looking at top contenders from last time:

Males:

1. Marth (37,192)
  2. Alm (18,716)
  3. Reinhardt (15,931)
  4. Chrom (13,833)
  5. Male Robin (10,912)
  6. Takumi (10,407)

Females:

1. Camilla (28,166)
  2. Eirika (27,503)
  3. Azura (20,430)
  4. Loki (16,811)
  5. Nino (15,532)
  6. Micaiah (15,493)
  7. Female Corrin (15,833)
  8. Tharja (12,469)

Thoughts on individual characters:

Males:

• Marth was by far the highest-scoring, with almost twice as many votes as any other male. He did, however, get his first two alts this year, one being legendary. I think that'll help satisfy his fans and make it closer than it looks, but he's still in a very strong position. The vote sharing could make his fans overconfident, but if we get midway results again and they show him falling behind, I'm sure many will flock back to him, determined not to let him miss it a third time in a row. (And I do think midway results are likely.)
  • Alm still has no alts. He's the only character on this list who hasn't gotten a new version since CYL2, and his only existing version is getting quite old. Also he'll likely have the benefit of many of Celica's voters. I could see him overtaking Marth for first place, but I could also see him falling behind if the enthusiasm for him in the wake of SOV turns out to be fading. (Personally, I'm rooting for him.)
  • Reinhardt got his first alt this year, and it was a New Heroes alt. That might be the worst kind of alt for CYL score, due to them being similar to CYL alts, as well as the fact that they've gotten a lot of backlash. I think it's built resentment towards him in the already small FE5 fandom, and while most of his CYL2 votes probably came from people newly introduced to him through Heroes, I imagine that support is also declining somewhat.
  • Chrom got his third alt this year, also a New Heroes alt. I think he's less likely to be affected by it than Reinhardt, since he's in a more stable fandom position and he's had alts before. He's likely to get some amount of boost from being added to Smash, but who knows how much. I'm guessing he takes third place on the male vote. He could beat Alm if Alm's votes come up short, but unless they skip the midway totals, I don't think he can maintain a lead over Marth. (Although to be fair, the midway totals didn't save Marth in CYL2.)
  • Male Robin got his second alt this year, Takumi got his second and third. They're pretty far behind and I don't think they have a reason to catch up. Their situation doesn't strike me as likely to change much for better or for worse.

Females:

• Camilla got her third, fourth, and now fifth alts since CYL2. Despite the backlash, it seems like it may not be deterring her fans as much as for other characters, but it could also lead to hate-votes for contenders. Honestly, I don't know what to expect from her, but I'm guessing midway results will hurt her. (Assuming they happen.)
  • Eirika got her first alt in the middle of CYL2, and her second and third afterward. Significantly, she got both a New Heroes alt and a legendary one, making her arguably the only character on this list with multiple "pseudo-CYL" versions. She could get propped up by Ephraim voters, though, as well as a Marth-like sentiment of being cheated out of a CYL win, so who knows. (Personally, I love Eirika, I have three of her versions and I hope to get the fourth eventually, and I'm not sure even I can say a CYL Eirika would add much at this point.)
  • Azura got her third and fourth alts since CYL2, both fairly recently. Furthermore, neither of them were seasonal, although Adrift feels kinda seasonal-ish and Adrift Azura is particularly unusual. Still, it's similar to Eirika's situation in making it feel like whatever CYL might offer is already pretty well covered. PA Azura might also contribute, since despite being a seasonal unit, she seems like she'd be plenty well at home on a non-seasonal banner.
  • Loki was the only character on this list not to have a version at all before CYL2, and she got one in Farfetched 2. That seems like it should take most of the wind out of her sails, and with all the OCs that have been added recently (both normal versions and alts), I think there's a lot less incentive to vote for new ones in general now that there's an expectation that they'll be added at the end of the book.
  • Nino and Micaiah got their first alts this year: a New Heroes one for Nino and a seasonal one for Micaiah. Seems like a relatively unchanged situation to me, but it sounds like they're getting a lot of support. I don't want to jump too much to conclusions based on any one way of measuring current votes, since they all could get thrown off by an insufficiently representative sample, but I can see a big jump for the two of them being explained by the four who were above them all crashing while they don't. (This also fits how the Reddit post reports the two of them being well behind the top males, just with the other females all behind them in turn.)
  • Female Corrin and Tharja each got their second alts this year. Like Robin and Takumi, I don't see a reason for them to meaningfully change.

There's also the possibility of dark horses. As I said, I don't want to jump too much to conclusions based on surveys, but the Reddit post does suggest Eliwood has jumped way up from his previous scores - perhaps Lyn and Hector voters finding a new home. I've been skeptical when people brought him up, but maybe he'll pull it off. Based on that same post, though, Alm and Marth will give him plenty of trouble. Unlike last time, I don't think we'll see an OC dark horse. Bruno is still missing but I think the excitement has faded.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Only way I see Marth not winning is that if his fans get a bit too confident and decide “I’m voting for other characters since Marth’s got this one in the bag”, which is something I’ve seen plenty of people doing. 

He was 11.000 votes ahead of Alm last time and this time New Mystery and Shadow Dragon votes will be counted together, right? That'd be a freaking exodus of votes. 

3 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Well all of my votes are going to Micaiah, so there's that. I hope she can place top 2! ^.^

My money's on Nino and Micaiah taking top 2. 

@Jave The Japanese in particular would probably vote for someone else. Legendary Marth is basically their ideal, definitive version of Marth. It’s Marth at his peak. Nothing else will top it. 

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

I've seen the same thing.

Here what I think is happening now:

- Alm's fans: We have to vote for Alm!

- Marth's fans : He will win, so I'm voting a woman ( Because she can win / Against someone )

I've seen so many times this. (More the first one, for Micaiah, than the second one against Camilla and Eirika)

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

My money's on Nino and Micaiah taking top 2. 

Eirika had almost twice as many votes as them last year, and Azura was some 5000 ahead too; do you think alt fatigue will tank them or do you believe Micaiah and Nino will simply skyrocket? 

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Male Robin got his second alt this year, Takumi got his second and third. They're pretty far behind and I don't think they have a reason to catch up. Their situation doesn't strike me as likely to change much for better or for worse.

I've seen little vocal support for them, myself. I think the male side in general is a lot calmer simply because people think they know who the top two will be. Personally I think the top 20 is almost as exciting as the top two.

14 minutes ago, Thane said:

Eirika had almost twice as many votes as them last year, and Azura was some 5000 ahead too; do you think alt fatigue will tank them or do you believe Micaiah and Nino will simply skyrocket? 

I've seen little vocal support for them, myself. I think the male side in general is a lot calmer simply because people think they know who the top two will be. Personally I think the top 20 is almost as exciting as the top two.

Don’t base things too much on last year’s results. Alt fatigue is very real this time around. Eirika went from 0 to 3 alts in the same year while Azura has 5 versions of herself. We could be in for another Veronica situation on both sides this time. 

Leif will most likely drop like a rock. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Don’t base things too much on last year’s results. Alt fatigue is very real this time around. Eirika went from 0 to 3 in the same year while Azura has 5 versions of herself. We could be in for another Veronica situation on both sides this time. 

Of course, but I wouldn't base everything on what's said on Serenes and Reddit either; there are plenty of fans who aren't as vocal and who might vote for better known characters.

Definitely would like to see Micaiah win this though, don't get me wrong. Maybe her and Sanaki, that'd be a great combo, although I'm not sure Sanaki will get many votes, 'specially after Heroes kind of butchered her.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Of course, but I wouldn't base everything on what's said on Serenes and Reddit either; there are plenty of fans who aren't as vocal and who might vote for better known characters.

Definitely would like to see Micaiah win this though, don't get me wrong. Maybe her and Sanaki, that'd be a great combo, although I'm not sure Sanaki will get many votes, 'specially after Heroes kind of butchered her.

The mid results can’t come soon enough. 

Micaiah has a pretty good chance to make it to the top 2. Sanaki however, not so much. The whole bride thing caused part of the west to go insane. She could get a seasonal alt, though. 

2 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I am willing to bet all of the orbs I've used that you can get one of the four for free like before. I would like Alm to win so he could have his first alt. 

I think we will. It’s tradition at this point.