October New Heroes Speculation/Wishes

Fabulously Olivier

Wants and expectations  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • FEH Original
    • Cipher
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • FEH Original
    • Cipher
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Multiple games/themed
  3. 3. Do you find lost lore theory compelling?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Wait and See

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2019 at 12:05 AM

18 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

More than the popular villain Gangrel, I consider the fact that we still don't have the complete original formation of shepards to be a glaring omission. We have people that joined later like Libra, Cordelia, Panne and even Henry, but we are still missing members that were already in the team before Chrom met Robin. A single banner with Miriel, Kellam and Vaike would close the gaps really well. Add Emmeryn for the sake of having a character with popularity and to complete Chrom's family.

Actually it's not only Awakening. Basically every game has the problem of characters from the very early cast still missing.

Personally I think the lack of early cast members doesn't always have to be a problem. Sometimes the starting cast just isn't particularly strong. 

For the Shepherds we have the immediate starting members like Frederick and Lissa as well as some of the bigger hits like Cordelia. The ones that haven't made it in yet like Miriel, Kellam, Vaike and Ricken are some of the weaker additions and aren't really a necessity for me. 

For me Roy's starting crew has always been incredibly weak. Wolt has value due to his bond with Roy and Marcus is of course very important but characters like Allan, Lance and Bors always struck me as logical characters to skip. They are starting characters but they don't seem as popular as someone like Lugh or as interesting as Niime, or even Chad. 

For Archenea I personally have always been an advocate for giving preference to the true heavy hitters like Hardin or unique goofballs like Xane while placing less prominence on the bare bonsey Christmas Knights and Draug. 

And in Genealogy its very funny to add Arden but Sigurd's other two knights seem like some of the poorer additions in comparison to Lex, Azelle or Bridgid. They are part of the starting team but their relevance was only very brief. 

The starting teams all being the same class also doesn't help as some inclusions makes others obsolete.  Most red and green knights do have varied personalities to tell them apart but adding every single one of them would still lead to an overabundance of sword wielding red knights and lance wielding green knights. 

In some cases its different. The Greil Mercenaries are introduced as one giant family, they are all decently prominent for minor characters and as a team they are all popular. I think not having the entire Greil mercenary is a bigger loss than not having Roy's starting team. To a lesser extend this goes to the villagers from Echoes too. They are all very much tied to Alm not only due to joining him from the beginning but because they are depicted as a really close bunch. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally I think the lack of early cast members doesn't always have to be a problem. Sometimes the starting cast just isn't particularly strong. 

For the Shepherds we have the immediate starting members like Frederick and Lissa as well as some of the bigger hits like Cordelia. The ones that haven't made it in yet like Miriel, Kellam, Vaike and Ricken are some of the weaker additions and aren't really a necessity for me. 

For me Roy's starting crew has always been incredibly weak. Wolt has value due to his bond with Roy and Marcus is of course very important but characters like Allan, Lance and Bors always struck me as logical characters to skip. They are starting characters but they don't seem as popular as someone like Lugh or as interesting as Niime, or even Chad. 

For Archenea I personally have always been an advocate for giving preference to the true heavy hitters like Hardin or unique goofballs like Xane while placing less prominence on the bare bonsey Christmas Knights and Draug. 

And in Genealogy its very funny to add Arden but Sigurd's other two knights seem like some of the poorer additions in comparison to Lex, Azelle or Bridgid. They are part of the starting team but their relevance was only very brief. 

The starting teams all being the same class also doesn't help as some inclusions makes others obsolete.  Most red and green knights do have varied personalities to tell them apart but adding every single one of them would still lead to an overabundance of sword wielding red knights and lance wielding green knights. 

In some cases its different. The Greil Mercenaries are introduced as one giant family, they are all decently prominent for minor characters and as a team they are all popular. I think not having the entire Greil mercenary is a bigger loss than not having Roy's starting team. To a lesser extend this goes to the villagers from Echoes too. They are all very much tied to Alm not only due to joining him from the beginning but because they are depicted as a really close bunch. 

What about Julian and Lena? What category do they fall under for you when it comes to Archanea characters? I always thought it was criminal how Julian and Lena weren't in the game at launch and still have yet to be added

27 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What about Julian and Lena? What category do they fall under for you when it comes to Archanea characters? I always thought it was criminal how Julian and Lena weren't in the game at launch and still have yet to be added

For me I see them like I do Ogma and Merric. Very fine, okay and passable but also a lot less interesting than just about any of their respective archetype that came after them. 

Julian is a very decent fit for an Archenean addition. For a minor thief he's actually pretty prominent and he has ties to other characters. After Hardin and Xane Julian should be the most deserving Archenean character left to add, but I'd waste little time in choosing Matthew or Chad over him. 

But I also don't really see Julian as a member of Marth's starting team like Draug or Gordin. He's more someone they recruited along the way so my impression of Julian doesn't really matter in my previous post. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally I think the lack of early cast members doesn't always have to be a problem. 

Solution: change it up a bit. We have Stahl with a sword and Sully with a lance. They could give a sword to Lance to reference the infamous support conversation about his sword training.

And Kieran is an example of a red cavalier that uses an axe.

Well yeah, if we need a start team, the choice should be the Greil's Mercenary; because they don't have the problem of having two cavaliers and characters designed pretty much as a function and not as a character.

I'm not sure who will the october new heroes will be, but I'm sure it' wouldn't be the farfetched heroes. 

Now they have  a pattern of story chapter tied with FB, paralogue tied with TT, and one set each month. The october TT certainly is Halloween one, so we can rule out Farfetched Heroes as it's another paralogue.

There's some patterns lately with tt+ being for seasonals and "new heroes" sticking with forging bonds and all. But we can't forget last year brave redux was 3 focus and Aversa completing the forging bonds... farfetched isn't totally out of the table.

26 minutes ago, AndreS said:

There's some patterns lately with tt+ being for seasonals and "new heroes" sticking with forging bonds and all. But we can't forget last year brave redux was 3 focus and Aversa completing the forging bonds... farfetched isn't totally out of the table.

Last year CYL is also FB, yet this year we got TT alongside CYL. It's not about seasonal or New Heroes, it's about paralogue or story chapter. This year CYL haven't broke the pattern of paralogue= TT, while August's banner is both New Heroes.

Edited by DraceEmpressa

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Last year CYL is also FB, yet this year we got TT alongside CYL. It's not about seasonal or New Heroes, it's about paralogue or story chapter. This year CYL haven't broke the pattern of paralogue= TT, while August's banner is both New Heroes.

true. unless they plan two paralogues for october, which is indeed less possible, we'll have to wait a little for farfetched 2019... 

I think putting Elphin and Lalum on the same banner would ultimately not be good for Binding Blade's future prospects. Heroes has pretty much been good about adding dancers, even if they weren't popular on CYL (Silvia, Lene) so they see gameplay benefit in adding them, at least. Binding Blade's best chances at getting a banner are probably to add Elphin and Lalum to the game, so they're best spread out in two different banners.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:21 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... the next banner is a Special Heroes Banner... What if the next one is the Farfetched Heroes?

Well, I just hope the banner is something that I can easily skip.

Special Heroes are always seasonal ones, not anything else. It won't be Farfetched. It'll be Halloween.

I forgot Farfetched was ever a thing though. That one probably is next after the Halloween banner.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Special Heroes are always seasonal ones, not anything else. It won't be Farfetched. It'll be Halloween.

I forgot Farfetched was ever a thing though. That one probably is next after the Halloween banner.

"Hm... the next banner is a Special Heroes Banner... What if the next one is the Farfetched Heroes?"

You didn't understand what I wrote, did you?

The next one as the next banner after the special heroes banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

"Hm... the next banner is a Special Heroes Banner... What if the next one is the Farfetched Heroes?"

Then you should have said "the next one after that." Otherwise, it just looks like you're talking about one banner, not two. xP

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

...That sorta sounds like you said "since the next banner is seasonal, it's gonna be Farfetched", not gonna lie.

"Hm... the next banner is a Special Heroes Banner...what if the one after that is the Farfetched Heroes?"

There we go.

As for the runner-up banner, it'll likely be around November as usual. The first runner-up banner was mid-November into December, and the second one was late October into November.

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...That sorta sounds like you said "since the next banner is seasonal, it's gonna be Farfetched", not gonna lie.

"Hm... the next banner is a Special Heroes Banner...what if the one after that is the Farfetched Heroes?"

There we go.

As for the runner-up banner, it'll likely be around November as usual. The first runner-up banner was mid-November into December, and the second one was late October into November.

Oh... my bad.

And yeah... I hope we get the Farfetched banner later this year, because it's a paralogue instead of a Story Chapter, and we need this story to go faster. Compared to the others books, that had Chapter 13 in September, Book 3 is kinda late. We just got Chapter 11.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh... my bad.

And yeah... I hope we get the Farfetched banner later this year, because it's a paralogue instead of a Story Chapter, and we need this story to go faster. Compared to the others books, that had Chapter 13 in September, Book 3 is kinda late. We just got Chapter 11.

Although paralogue is the most likely scenario, they might as well put them in a story chapter. It's not impossible.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Farfetched will come late October or some time in November.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Super Endriu said:

Although paralogue is the most likely scenario, they might as well put them in a story chapter. It's not impossible.

I am still not sure... I would prefer Farfetched Heroes in a Story Chapter, but I believe we will get the "Oh! More Brave Heroes appeared!" nonsense again in a paralogue instead of a Book 3 Story Chapter with the Farfetched Heroes.

CYL 3 was like the others, with a paralogue, so Farfetched 3 may be a paralogue as well.