November's Mythic Hero Arrives! Altina: Dawn's Trueblade

Coolmanio

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ophelia and Igrene already trivialize him. Altina isn't going to make it all that much worse.

Pulse Smoke trivializes Ophelia and Igrene basically just got released. This is the real nail in his coffin.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ophelia and Igrene already trivialize him. Altina isn't going to make it all that much worse.

Every time I've seen B!ike in PvP has been unimpressive. Hell, every time he shows up in my AR-D, he dies to my Silvia. (Granted, my Silvia is a hilarious Galeforce abomination that's one Time's Pulse inheritance away from being perfect.)

I'm hoping Altina's introduction makes people leaning on B!Ike wake the hell up. PvE where the enemies are unoptimized is his stomping grounds, not PvP where 90% of the playerbase has an answer to your supertank.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Pulse Smoke trivializes Ophelia and Igrene basically just got released. This is the real nail in his coffin.

Pulse Smoke does squat to a player-controlled Ophelia because it only activates if the unit survives combat... which they won't. And that's ignoring the fact that I've never seen Pulse Smoke on a defense team in the first place because it honestly sucks on defense for that exact reason.

And a player-controlled Ike is still perfectly safe because Altina is an Astra Hero, not Dark or Anima, meaning she'll rarely appear on defense teams. Well, other than the fact that he still dies to Ophelia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I think B!Ike remains one of the best tanks in player hands, even if I could see Altina in Flierball defense maps. 

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Every time I've seen B!ike in PvP has been unimpressive. Hell, every time he shows up in my AR-D, he dies to my Silvia. (Granted, my Silvia is a hilarious Galeforce abomination that's one Time's Pulse inheritance away from being perfect.)

Ohh, I would like to see that Silvia. Would you mind to share her build? 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ohh, I would like to see that Silvia. Would you mind to share her build? 

99dcde405b.png

To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why I ended up doing this, but it's gotten results. I really hope we get a Desperation seal in the future though, because having to choose between that and Lull Spd/Def is maximum suffering.

Already posted my reaction in the guessing thread, but yeah, she's a surprise. Not sure how I feel about her, but we'll see if I get her considering I'm pulling red for Sothis. Wouldn't complain about getting her, I think. Still, I'm conflicted. Also, sad that Lif isn't here yet. I was really looking forward to pulling for him.

2 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why I ended up doing this, but it's gotten results. I really hope we get a Desperation seal in the future though, because having to choose between that and Lull Spd/Def is maximum suffering.

That looks beautiful! 

Why the parasol, does her team bring a lot of debuffs? 

Lull skills are great, but don't you use WoM? 

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pulse Smoke does squat to a player-controlled Ophelia because it only activates if the unit survives combat... which they won't. And that's ignoring the fact that I've never seen Pulse Smoke on a defense team in the first place because it honestly sucks on defense for that exact reason.

And a player-controlled Ike is still perfectly safe because Altina is an Astra Hero, not Dark or Anima, meaning she'll rarely appear on defense teams. Well, other than the fact that he still dies to Ophelia.

I meant player controlled Ike. I've never seen Pulse Smoke on a defense team either. Ike is done on defense teams but for Raid teams he's still lost a bit of steam thanks to Altina, but since she's not Dark or Anima like you said she won't be too bad for him. I stand by Ophelia being trivial to deal with on defense teams with him if you have Pulse Smoke. Igrene on the other hand, is a problem.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If that's your reasoning, then it doesn't stack up.

• Black Luna comes from the Luna line.
  • Radiant Aether comes from the Luna or Sol lines.
  • Sirius comes from the Noontime line.
  • Lunar Flash comes from the Moonbow line.
  • Regnal Astra comes from the Astra line.
  • Noba's Zeal comes from the Astra line.
  • Fire Emblem comes from the Draconic Aura line.
  • Ice Mirror comes from the Sacred Cowl line.

There are far more examples of uninheritable Special skills than inheritable ones, and all uninheritable Special skills are third tier skills. We've only gotten 2 non-staff third tier Special skills post-launch that have been inheritable: Blue Flame and Ruptured Sky.

Dual wielding two-handed swords is every weeb's dream.

Thats not my reasoning, my reasoning is that she is the first Mythic Hero that comes with an exclusiv weapon and 2 exclusiv skills. We havent had that at all (ecxept for Marth but his exclusiv skill is just Breath Breaker basicly and thats years ago). Beside the fact that she has  no desirable fodder option, so i firmly believe Twin Blades will be inheritable.

Besides the line I am talking about have secondary conditional effects:

Blue Flame (Bonfire, Glowing Ember): Secondary effect being adjacent to an ally
Ruptured Sky (Draconic Aura): Based on opponents ATk, secondary effect if foe is Beast or Dragon bumps that up to 40%
Twin Blades (Glacies, Iceberg): Based on Res, secondary effect disables damage down reduction from skills (not specials)

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

(ecxept for Marth but his exclusiv skill is just Breath Breaker basicly and thats years ago).

That's a weak reason to make an exception for the one case that throws a wrench in your argument.

Beside the fact that she has  no desirable fodder option, so i firmly believe Twin Blades will be inheritable.

Legendary Marth also has crap for fodder. Having three exclusive skills just naturally comes with the drawback of having fewer inheritable skills, and that means there's a lower likelihood of having any standout skills among them.

Furthermore, Legendary Leaf also has 3 exclusive skills with his S Drink. And if you say that's not exclusive, then Radiant Aether also can't be counted as exclusive to Legendary Ike because it's also on Valentine Ike. (Also Ragnell and Raijinto while I'm at it.)

Besides the line I am talking about have secondary conditional effects:

Disabling percentage damage reduction from skills "only if the opponent has a skill affected by it" is not a conditional effect. No more than Sirius healing you "only if you do damage" or Ice Mirror adding damage to your next attack "only if you have another attack to make during this round of combat".

Edited by Ice Dragon

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That looks beautiful! 

Why the parasol, does her team bring a lot of debuffs? 

Lull skills are great, but don't you use WoM? 

NY!Laev has Kumade+, Chill Def and Chill Res (and Restore+ to ensure the debuff advantage is always on my end), and I have both the Light and Dark shrines. Debuffs are fucking everywhere on my map, it's great.

WoM dancing is handled by Ninian, and Silvia's out in front so she doesn't need it as badly. It's hilarious to see people barge in with a supertank thinking BBBF H!Jakob is the only threat, only to suddenly get memed by a Silvia with a functional 70 Atk / 60 Spd. More than once she's clowned on a weakened B!Ike (B!Micaiah loves suicide bombing him for some reason), popped Galeforce with help from L!Hector, then killed the dancer/B!Lucina buffing him.

...I realized while typing that that every new thing I typed added another layer of horror for those who realize the implications.

Edited by Some Jerk

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's a weak reason to make an exception for the one case that throws a wrench in your argument.

Legendary Marth also has crap for fodder. Having three exclusive skills just naturally comes with the drawback of having fewer inheritable skills, and that means there's a lower likelihood of having any standout skills among them.

Furthermore, Legendary Leaf also has 3 exclusive skills with his S Drink. And if you say that's not exclusive, then Radiant Aether also can't be counted as exclusive to Legendary Ike because it's also on Valentine Ike. (Also Ragnell and Raijinto while I'm at it.)

Disabling percentage damage reduction from skills "only if the opponent has a skill affected by it" is not a conditional effect. No more than Sirius healing you "only if you do damage" or Ice Mirror adding damage to your next attack "only if you have another attack to make during this round of combat".

1. Marth had desirable fodder when he was released, and the statement of it being a Breath Breaker still stands
2. S Drink as you said was allready present on regular Leif, so not exclusiv. Legendary Ike is really an old Legendary unit by now. And Radiant Aether is present on Valentine Ike with no Alondite together duh, while Raijinto is only present L!Ryoma with Bushido.
3. Its still conditional, The special does the same damage, the only condition is if it ignores damage reduction which is conditionally based if the opponent uses a Special or a Skill to reduce damage. Its add effect is conditionally, its just based on the foe's skill set.

Twin Blades will be inheritable.

30 minutes ago, Rinco said:

People on reddit already calculated her stats based on the combats shown.

Hide contents

38 Atk

20-22 Spd

30 Def

35-37 Res

Spoiler

From what I calculated, she has 35 Res... So from what you have here, I expect: 42 HP, 38 Atk, 22 Spd, 30 Def, 35 Res = 167 BST

32 minutes ago, Hilda said:

1. Marth had desirable fodder when he was released, and the statement of it being a Breath Breaker still stands

Atk/Spd Bond is a very niche skill. It's actually more desirable now than when Legendary Marth was released due to the increase in availability of Guidance-like skills and skills that rely on proximity (like Divine Breath and Triangle Attack).

Infantry Flash is even more niche.

So no, he didn't have desirable fodder when he was released.

And Binding Shield is more than "just Breathbreaker" because is more importantly also a Sweep skill. Saying it's "just Breathbreaker" is pretty much the same as saying Ashera's Chosen is "just Iote's Shield".

2. S Drink as you said was allready present on regular Leif, so not exclusiv. Legendary Ike is really an old Legendary unit by now. And Radiant Aether is present on Valentine Ike with no Alondite together duh, while Raijinto is only present L!Ryoma with Bushido.

Did you forget vanilla Ryoma exists and has Raijinto?

Either you count all of these skills as "not exclusive" or you count all of these skills as "exclusive".

If the former, than something clearly doesn't work because that would mean Legendary Ike has zero exclusive skills and Legendary Ryoma only has one exclusive skill. If the latter, then your argument clearly doesn't work because both Legendary Marth and Legendary Leaf have 3 exclusive skills with one of them being an exclusive Special.

You can't just pick and choose when you want to count a skill as exclusive or not.

"Legendary Ike is old" is not a valid argument for why his exclusive skills are shared with other units. Fjorm and Gunnthra are both older and still each have 2 exclusive skills.

3. Its still conditional, The special does the same damage, the only condition is if it ignores damage reduction which is conditionally based if the opponent uses a Special or a Skill to reduce damage. Its add effect is conditionally, its just based on the foe's skill set.

That is bullshit. Blazing!

It's still conditional. Fire Emblem still does the same damage and buffs himself. The only condition is if it buffs his teammates receive a buff, which is conditionally based on if he has teammates. Its additional effect is conditional; it's just based on the team composition.

It's still conditional. Sirius still does the same damage. The only condition is if it heals herself, which is conditionally based on if the attack dealt enough damage. Its additional effect is conditional; it's just based on whether or not the Special did damage.

It's still conditional. Noba's Zeal still gives the Galeforce effect and inflicts himself with Gravity. The only condition is if it also inflicts Gravity on his cohort, which is conditionally based on if he is doubled up. Its additional effect is conditional; it's just based on whether or not he is doubled up.

It's still conditional. Ice Mirror still does the same damage reduction. The only condition is if it adds damage to her next attack, which is conditionally based on if the opponent actually did enough damage for it to be reduced and if she still has another attack left over during the same round of combat. The additional effect is conditional; it's just based on the order of combat and how much damage the opponent did. TWO CONDITIONS! EXTRA CONDITIONAL! WOW!

No, Twin Blades does not have a conditional effect. Disabling enemy skills "only if the opponent has them" is no more conditional than the ones I just listed above, which, by the way, are not conditional.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:
  Hide contents

From what I calculated, she has 35 Res... So from what you have here, I expect: 42 HP, 38 Atk, 22 Spd, 30 Def, 35 Res = 167 BST

Spoiler

They said it could be from 35 to 37 Res because the game rounds down damage, so 37 Res still makes her special deal 14 extra damage

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Just to correct your sentence: Marth has Infantry Flash, not Infantry Rush, which is even more niche. I believe no one uses that on him.

Oh... Rush is the Heavy Blade one. I only remembered that Marth had the Flashing Blade version and that "rush" is clearly a speed-related word.

51 minutes ago, Rinco said:

People on reddit already calculated her stats based on the combats shown.

Reveal hidden contents

38 Atk

20-22 Spd

30 Def

35-37 Res

Spoiler

Oh wow, she's a lot slower than I thought she would be.

@Rinco

Spoiler

Oh, ok. Actually, having more Res will be better, so she can be a better mixed tank unit. I was expecting her to have lower Def, because she has two ways to boost her Def: Her A skill, Ashera’s Chosen, and her C Skill, Atk/Def Oath 3.

Also, 38 Atk... I wouldn't be surprised if she has a Atk super boon.

@Mercakete

Spoiler

Not to mention the Spd-5 from her weapon... 15-17? Even slow units, like Lukas, will be able to double her.

@Ice Dragon

Yeah... It's pretty easy to be confused with these Infantry type skills. I always need to think if the Heavy Blade one is called Infantry Rush or Infantry Push, because I rarely use it... lol

About Infantry Flash, I never used it. I gave an Atk Wave Skill to my Marth (don't rebember which one).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Diovani Bressan

Spoiler

Interesting, since the myrm line is supposed to be really speedy. Well. So much for that, especially with skills that null skill-based doubling. Man, I wish I'd gone for Adrift M!Corrin...

Just now, Rinco said:

Just realized that with B!Lucina near her, she'll proc her special in each round of attack on enemy phase. In Vantage range that will be huge.

Yep... another Hero that will be broken with Lucina... Not to mention that next Weekly Banner is Brave Lucina. I may have to try for her.