• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Ahahaha

Actually doing it for the real DLC would've been nice, but this was good too. Man... can't wait what he does next for 2021...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Night was quiet.

Very little rain and 2-3 times the sound of thunder, that was it.

Thiugh the main thunderstorm shall arrive in the late morning.

Weather outside lets me hope.

Feels like jungle, 24 °C and humid air.

Could even sleep for about three hours, I didn't expect at all.

It rained for a very short while last night and now it's all humid.
Fun!
.... NOT!

Anyway, I beat Nero's story in Fate Extella last night. I did not expect it to be over so soon (only six stages), but I gotta say, it was a really fun experience from beginning to end. The final boss was awesome, too, not to mention legitimately creepy-looking.

Also, Gilgamesh showed up. This game really does have all the best Servant characters, doesn't it?

Next up is best fox girl route and after that, I'll probably take on the other Servants' side stories.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

basically me right now

Join the club.
Only I didn't get any rain today.
I hate this weather...

---

lol
FHoOJSD.jpg

For context, this is the character she was talking to:
latest?cb=20150813000342

'Blue Spandex Man' indeed. XD

1 minute ago, Falcom Knight said:

Hey, Liz!

Elizabeth was one of the very few memorable characters from Fate for me.

Easily my favorite one.

Piggy~!

In Extella, her intro cutscene has her singing a J-pop song.
This is the Guinness World Record holder for most prolific female murderer (because apparently, that's a category), I'll have you know.
The hell, Fate? XD

But that aside, I like her, too. She's funny.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Same, except at the time window of ten minutes when I was out.

That is either very lucky or very unlucky depending on how you look at it. Going by a previous post you made, I'd say unlucky would be more appropriate.

*Inhales* LET'S FUUUUUUUUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

basically me right now

Ah, this song. Certified banger. I first found out about it through Megamind.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

lol
FHoOJSD.jpg

It still baffles me that Fate lolified not one, but two serial killers (though Jack the Ripper's existence is still debated).

*Inhales* LET'S FUUUUUUUUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tbh I liked the music more than the gameplay, but as said several times before my skills in (action) platformers are non existent nowadays.

But that aside, I like her, too. She's funny.

She's cute and is a good singer.

Ah, this song. Certified banger. I first found out about it through Megamind

Can't say I'm too fond of this music, but this song described 100% accurately my situation today.

Though 80s is best decade of music.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It still baffles me that Fate lolified not one, but two serial killers (though Jack the Ripper's existence is still debated).

It also made at least three prominent figures in European history (Attila the Hun, Emperor Nero, and King Arthur) as well as several others into females. And that's not even all of them. That universe is crazy, I tells ya. But I like it for that, ngl.

Although Elizabeth's existence as a dragon loli does intrigue me to the prospect of a Nowi/Fae/Myrrh/Tiki-like character that is an absolute bloodthirsty monster. Would be interesting to see, I feel like. As a villain, of course, to avoid another Henry/Peri situation.

In Extella, Elizabeth is more the ditzy joke villain than anything else. Heck, she got into an argument with Li Shuwen over whether or not her being in the Lancer class is even appropriate when she uses her "certified Dragon Lance", as she calls it, as a microphone instead. It ends with her concluding that she should be called a "bard" instead, even though Li Shuwen called her a "bird".

10 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

She's cute and is a good singer.

Especially that last one. The song she does before you fight her is catchy as hell.

Described by the Blue Spandex Man as "so grating on his nerves he actually HEARD the grating".
I like it, personally. It's pleasantly upbeat. Although horribly unfitting considering you're slaughtering thousands of mooks while this plays...

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Although Elizabeth's existence as a dragon loli does intrigue me to the prospect of a Nowi/Fae/Myrrh/Tiki-like character that is an absolute bloodthirsty monster. Would be interesting to see, I feel like.

The absolute closest we've had to that is brainwashed Tiki but that doesn't count.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As a villain, of course, to avoid another Henry/Peri situation

No but see, Henry was actually a good character and his thing was more that he just liked making a lot of edgy jokes rather than being genuinely bloodthirsty.

Just now, Armagon said:

The absolute closest we've had to that is brainwashed Tiki but that doesn't count.

Yup, because that was a character getting brainwashed.

This should be a character that is that way by their nature. Admittedly, I want to see that mostly because I believe the fanbase's reaction will be hilarious. XD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but see, Henry was actually a good character and his thing was more that he just liked making a lot of edgy jokes rather than being genuinely bloodthirsty.

I'm not a fan of the guy. Never really found him funny, and if I may be honest, Awakening has some very good characters, but to me, Henry is not one of those.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm not a fan of the guy. Never really found him funny, and if I may be honest, Awakening has some very good characters, but to me, Henry is not one of those.

Well the point was more that it was justified with Henry and that's why it worked. Peri was just a shallow attempt at making Henry 2 without understanding why people liked Henry in the first place (but that's just Fire Emblem Fates in a nutshell).

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well the point was more that it was justified with Henry and that's why it worked. Peri was just a shallow attempt at making Henry 2 without understanding why people liked Henry in the first place (but that's just Fire Emblem Fates in a nutshell).

I see your point, even though for me, personally, Henry didn't work.
This actually makes Peri even worse as a bad attempt at a Henry with boobs, I just realize.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Olay, so I made level 50 so far in Neptunia. Exp on this game seems very high, maybe it's just me. Not that I'm complaining, of course, just different, I guess.

What is the last dungeon you visited story-wise?
Because that is insanely high level to still be early on in the game.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

32°C

Friggin' hell!
We're at 28 right now. Plus humidity. And no rain in sight.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What is the last dungeon you visited story-wise?
Because that is insanely high level to still be early on in the game.

Well, I just got the goddesses to join my party, so i'm assuming i'm pretty far?

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I just got the goddesses to join my party, so i'm assuming i'm pretty far?

That is pretty far, yes. Though there is still quite a bit of the game left.
Still level 50 is really high for that stage. I think I was like level 45 or something.
But on the other hand, I almost died more times than I'd like to admit, so... what do I know? XD

Who is your favorite character to play as so far?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

That is pretty far, yes. Though there is still quite a bit of the game left.
Still level 50 is really high for that stage. I think I was like level 45 or something.
But on the other hand, I almost died more times than I'd like to admit, so... what do I know? XD

Who is your favorite character to play as so far?

To be honest, I spent a bit of that time lost, (I didn't notice the point on the map telling me where to go) so I got way more EXP than I needed. I personally haven't had the pleasantness of being killed yet.

Neptune! Her moveset is very fun overall. she balances physical and magical attacks, so she can break and deal out damage well. her animations are cute, always a bonus in my opinion. :B): and her defence is very high, she hardly takes any damage! Plus, I've always like Nep as a character, so there's that too. She's currently the highest on my team at 56. I just think she's very flexible in what she can do and that's fun to me. Other than that, Nepgear is higher on my list so far. I've always liked magic, and that doesn't change here. She isn't quite as amazing as Neptune, but I enjoy her playstyle nonetheless.

And you? Who's your favorite?

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

To be honest, I spent a bit of that time lost, (I didn't notice the point on the map telling me where to go) so I got way more EXP than I needed.

That was me fairly early on. I got to level 20-something way before that would be a necessity and just curb-stomped everything for a while. XD

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I personally haven't had the pleasantness of being killed yet.

I actually got killed at least twice during the endgame stages, because some boss' attacks can get pretty crazy in terms of damage output. Some of them have some very far reaching attacks I didn't see coming, as well.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Neptune! Her moveset is very fun overall. she balances physical and magical attacks, so she can break and deal out damage well. her animations are cute, always a bonus in my opinion. :B): and her defence is very high, she hardly takes any damage! Plus, I've always like Nep as a character, so there's that too. She's currently the highest on my team at 56. I just think she's very flexible in what she can do and that's fun to me. Other than that, Nepgear is higher on my list so far. I've always liked magic, and that doesn't change here. She isn't quite as amazing as Neptune, but I enjoy her playstyle nonetheless.

The two Neps are very fun to play, I agree! Nepgear is especially useful in boss fights or against Metal Dogoos, because her magic brings down the Break Gauge faster than regular attacks can. The only problem I had with Nepgear, one that is my fault, however, is that I sometimes overestimated her range and just misfired several spells because of it, which wasted a bunch of SP.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Plus, I've always like Nep as a character, so there's that too.

👍
Nep is awesome!

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

And you? Who's your favorite?

I enjoyed playing as multiple characters (foremost among them being Neptune, Noire, Nepgear, Uni, Ram, Purple Heart, and Black Heart), but my absolute favorites ended up being Uni and Black Heart.
Uni is just amazing in regular dungeon exploration. You just lock on to an enemy and spam the attack button until that enemy is dead without them ever being able to do anything to you. She has insane range, too. She's just not that well suited for boss fights, though and she starts doing 0 damage if you're too close to enemies, which is why having her be an AI partner can be a hassle, sometimes.
Meanwhile, Black Heart's damage output in boss fights is insane. Her Burst Explosion spells destroys enemy break gauges and with the right Gem setup (a.k.a. just max her attack), she can do upwards of 10,000 damage in a single strike with her Air Layer or Fall Break skills (recommend Air Layer, because that one does six hits as opposed to just one). There were times where I broke a boss' guard and downed them before they could even recover once. That's how crazy she is.
Her animations are also very elegant and feel powerful, which I liked.

My favorite team to use was Black Heart, Neptune, Purple Heart, and Blanc for bosses, and the CPU Candidates (Uni, Nepgear, Rom, and Ram) for regular exploration.