Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, what the hell happened with the Smash community? That's some turn of events... like, wow.

What did I miss? I mean apart from the usual, given my involvement in online communities amounts to LPs and FFtF... and LPs in FFtF.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

What did I miss? I mean apart from the usual, given my involvement in online communities amounts to LPs and FFtF... and LPs in FFtF.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/super-smash-bros-esports-community-rocked-by-rape-allegations/?itm_source=21&itm_content=1x7&itm_term=2376504

Sexual abuse and rape allegations against multiple Smash pros.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, @DragonFlames when I meant "why is there no sprint button" I meant in the overworld. I don't really need to sprint in battles. 

4 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Whooooo boy. Tl;dr, a bunch of pro Smash players from the Brawl and Smash 4 days turned out to be pedos.

Here's the megathread containing everything.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Jeeze. That's a lot more serious than I guessed. I was kind of expecting some controversy over some character... not this.
Edit:

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, @DragonFlames when I meant "why is there no sprint button" I meant in the overworld. I don't really need to sprint in battles. 

Whooooo boy. Tl;dr, a bunch of pro Smash players from the Brawl and Smash 4 days turned out to be pedos.

Here's the megathread containing everything.

....And it got more serious. I don't even follow competitive Smash... and I recognize a bunch of these guys.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin

16 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Jeeze. That's a lot more serious than I guessed. I was kind of expecting some controversy over some character... not this.
Edit:

....And it got more serious. I don't even follow competitive Smash... and I recognize a bunch of these guys.

Yeah, it's getting out of hand, quickly. I wonder how the situation is going to be handled, honestly.

25 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Edit:

And it isn't just smash, sadly.

The whole FGC as well. Prez of evo is in that mess as well.

Toxic bastards

27 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Makes me sick and angry thinking about how so many of these people got away with this for years.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I dont even know what to think about all of this. It's really sad that people cant feel safe anymore, though.

It just proves once again that you can't trust anyone.

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh is that how it is? Because of Smash Ultimate, i was under the impression that DQ music was more prevelant in the games. I'm wrong in that assumption, then?

I feel like you're twisting my words now

I meant that Dragon Quest games tend to have an OST on the lighter side with the amount of tracks. I don't even think that's a bad thing, I just think generally, except probably the newer games, that's generally how it goes, smaller OST=/=not as prevalent or important

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Maybe so but i feel like even blocking isn't as good as just moving away. Enemies attack too quickly to react with a block and since enemies are just standing there most of the time, i can't actually predict when an attack is coming.

I was like that at first, too, but somewhere down the line, you realize the tells some enemies have. It's a matter of getting a feel for it, really.
One moment you're like "wtf is blocking for, it's impossible!" The next you're like "huh, that easy, is it? Wow".

She was absolutely making that up lmao.

Ngl, i didn't think she'd show up this early. She felt out of place compared to everyone in the prison.......actually, with how she dresses, she'd be out of place anywhere so i take that back.

Book skirt. That is all. XD

I think i missed one in the prison, am i allowed to go back later or am i just fucked?

Nah, don't worry. The things respawn, actually.
I just meant to tell you that these are useful.

On the subject of Tales music real quick, the only song from the series i know has stood out to me is the Tales of Zestiria OP. It's a banger and the same band later went to make this absolute banger from Promare.

The Zestiria OP is actually one of my least favorites in the series.
It's still a good song, of course, but I like nearly every other one better. Now, the anime OP on the other hand...

Berseria's is my favorite Tales OP alongside Xillia 2's.

Yeah i'm fine with it. There's a few kinda cringe edgy lines but i don't think it's really a detriment to her character. I just think even good edgy characters inherintly are a bit cringy at times. Jin from Xenoblade 2 is a great character but he literally pulls out the "nothing personal kid" card in the first chapter of the game.

LIGHT SPEED!
That was my personal "Jin cringe" scene.

Also, whenever the topic of Jin comes up, I have to remind myself that it's not the Dynasty Warriors Jin Kingdom.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I thought that's what you meant.
Also, now that I think about it, there should be one, actually. If you're playing on a controller, try one of the shoulder buttons (equivalents to ZL or ZR, if present). Those should let you go faster if you hold one of them down in conjunction with the control stick. Unless I have that confused with a different Tales game.
Sorry for not remembering before now.

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Caster said:

meant that Dragon Quest games tend to have an OST on the lighter side with the amount of tracks. I don't even think that's a bad thing, I just think generally, except probably the newer games, that's generally how it goes, smaller OST=/=not as prevalent or important

Ah ok. I was more confused on what you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, whenever the topic of Jin comes up, I have to remind myself that it's not the Dynasty Warriors Jin Kingdom.

Can relate. Sometimes I see the name "Fei" brought up but usually it's in reference to the Street Fighter character and not the Xenogears one.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, now that I think about it, there should be one, actually. If you're playing on a controller, try one of the shoulder buttons (equivalents to ZL or ZR, if present). Those should let you go faster if you hold one of them down in conjunction with the control stick.

I'm playing with Switch Pro Controller (in-game it shows up as a 360 controller though) and I've pressed every button in hopes of sprinting but none seem to work. The B button is walk but that's about it.

Artoria who?

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Later on you will get something to traverse fast with in the overworld iirc

Yup, that too.

A flying snowboard of all things.

Just now, Armagon said:

I'm playing with Switch Pro Controller (in-game it shows up as a 360 controller though) and I've pressed every button in hopes of sprinting but none seem to work. The B button is walk but that's about it.

Then I have that confused with other Tales games. My bad!
But as Shrimpy said, there will be another mode of transportation that is faster later on.

Mhm, it's Xenoblade Chronicles.

It was easily by favorite game from 2020 which has not Trails in the title.

Not as phenomenla as 2, but still an amazing game overall.

Melia's story was not very long, but still enjoyable.

Must replay it because I missed one quest noppon.

the only song from the series i know has stood out to me is the Tales of Zestiria OP.

Not gonna lie, this is the worst intro by far and only one I dislike, even with lyrics.

And actually it already gives a bad impression of this game.

Zestiria was and is the black sheep of Tales for me.

I know people consider "Dawn to the New World" as this, but I haven't played this one yet since I can't bring myself to play through Symphonia.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

We talking Majora's Mask time or Atelier time?

Idk what you meant since I haven't played first game and don't know what Atelier time is suppossed to be.

What I meant in postgame you have to walk through areas (including puzzles) and beat battles in given a limit timit.

The farer the progress, the more you will be conflicted with this time limit.

It will become extremely tedious and repetitive overall.

Berseria seems to be interesting. I'd honestly say at least for myself it's the only one I've actually thought about playing. 

Berseria is a great game, my favorite of this series.

The character cast, plot and gameplay are amazing.

Only the dungeons could have been a bit more creative.

Edited by Falcom Knight

9 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I know people consider "Dawn to the New World" as this

This always makes me sad, to be honest.
I mean, it could be the "first game bias" talking (as in, the first game in a series you like will always be special to you), but I had so much fun playing this game and it got me invested in the Tales series as a whole. To this day, even after having played many Tales games, I still consider it one of my personal favorites (although it was since beaten by the two Xillias and Berseria).
If there was a black sheep in the Tales series for me, it'd definitely be Graces f. I couldn't really get invested in that one.
There are some funny moments, sure, but the rest was not that great to me. Or memorable (for example, I completely forgot the name of the protagonist. That's the level of forgettable we're talking right now). The OP wasn't that great, either, tbh.

Edited by DragonFlames

Emil's appearance daunt many people from what I read.

Graces was not great either.

Not as poor as Zestiria, but still my second least favorite completed game.

Also Graces's main protagonist is easy to memorize. 

He has the same name as the best unit from Thracia 776.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

Emil's appearance daunt many people from what I read.

Yup, they call him a wimp and such. I like exactly that facet about him. Especially since he does grow out of it eventually.

Just now, Falcom Knight said:

Also Graces's main protagonist is easy to memorize. 

He has the same name as the best unit from Thracia 776.

Marty?