• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf

Are the drop rates for the collection quests in Agniratha 0.5% or something?

I cleaned up the whole place (and some areas with markers even twice or thrice) and i don't even have 40% of the items needed

Wtf

Luck based. Sometimes you can get them in one swoop or you can be there for a while. Xenoblade 2's collection is much better. And Torna even more so than 2. 

22 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wtf

Are the drop rates for the collection quests in Agniratha 0.5% or something?

I cleaned up the whole place (and some areas with markers even twice or thrice) and i don't even have 40% of the items needed

Wtf

The markers save time but yeah, it's still annoying when they don't show up. For the enemy drops, i had to rely on Riki's Yoink in order to get some of the items i needed because they just refused to drop otherwise.

Only way to get item spheres to respawn is: warp to different area -> save (the game autosaves when warping to a different area so this step is skipped) -> reload the autosave -> warp back to previous area -> collect needed items (so long as the game says yes).

Once again, this is something the later games improved on and DE should've absolutely included but didn't for some reason. Xenoblade X still has the item spheres (but you can exchange for any item with tickets) but Xenoblade 2 and Torna have set collection points that give you multiple items at a time and a lot of them are near Landmarks, making farming items consistently easy (especially once you know which collection points are more likely to spawn certain items).

Edited by Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Stuff DE didn't fix that should've been fixed, basically

Basically. It's funny, DE has the best quest tracking in the series but it forgot to bring in all the other improvements from the rest of the series.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X still has the item spheres (but you can exchange for any item with tickets)

Well, not collectibles, just enemy drops.

For collectibles, I jump in a Skell, because in a Skell, item crystals get visually bigger and tend to clump closer together than on foot. And a Skell in vehicle mode drives over open fields smooth and fast, so you can sweep an area in short order if enemies don't get aggro'ed.

More importantly, I consult these fan-made maps for collectibles.:

Spoiler

DAJLKdZ.jpgJd67DpO.jpgpiO2XrS.jpgOS6OZdv.jpgOKZG8yX.jpg

They've never failed me.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

:concern:

Well let me rephrase, the way it's done is the best. Marking the items you need on the map and having a shown path lead you to it is very good (especially since the original had no quest tracking at all and you were basically needing to use the Wiki). Xenoblade X does the shown path thing but it doesn't mark items, i think. And Xenoblade 2 and Torna have a compass-like quest navigation instead of a path which can mess some people up but i've personally never had a problem with it. (both X and 2/Torna mark enemies, at least i'm pretty sure X does).

But like, if you take DE's quest tracking and combine it with 2/Torna's collection points, that's the perfect quest tracking right there. DE's quest tracking is really only held back by the fact that it's in Xenoblade 1. But the concept itself is good and i would love to see it return.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, not collectibles, just enemy drops.

For collectibles, I jump in a Skell, because in a Skell, item crystals get visually bigger and tend to clump closer together than on foot. And a Skell in vehicle mode drives over open fields smooth and fast, so you can sweep an area in short order if enemies don't get aggro'ed.

Ah. But still, collectibles are faster to gather in Xenoblade X than in 1/DE. Even without a Skell, sprinting is a thing.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More importantly, I consult these fan-made maps for collectibles.

Are these from FrontierNav? Because that's a very good site, yeah. I've used it for Xenoblade 2.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

<--- so unlucky with item drops, he returned to Colony 9 to craft gems instead

Awww that's sad! Hopefully your luck turns around!

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are these from FrontierNav? Because that's a very good site, yeah. I've used it for Xenoblade 2.

These I find by just typing in "Xenoblade Chronicles X collectibles map" and I find them on Imgur. I know of the site you're talking about and I tried it a few times, but interactive maps I can muck up with a misclick and then struggle to find my way back to what I wanted to look up. 

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Xenoblade X does the shown path thing but it doesn't mark items, i think.

A blue dot will appear on the Wii Gamepad map for the locations of NPCs, enemies, areas you must visit, treasure chests, and valuable items- those that are one-of-a-kind and take the form of a red crystal.

Green exclamation points appear to represent the targets on the minimap in the upper right corner, and those exclamation points appear over them in the actual game. If you need to hunt enemies, the minimap will use a big orange circle to indicate where general area they may be found, the circle's color will fade if you're not at the right elevation. The orange circle is also used if you're tasked with finding information represented by golden speech bubbles. The minimap if you're not close enough for the exclamation point or circle to appear will use an arrow to point in the right direction on the rim of it.

There is the magic Follow Ball Tatsu gives you too, but all of the above information makes it sooooooo forgettable and unused, you just don't really need it.

Besides finding collectibles, the one place where this quest systems fails is enemy materials- the game doesn't direct you on the Gamepad or minimap to the specific location of any enemies that could drop what you're looking for. It does however usually name one specific species or at least family and a specific region of Mira where you could find that material. For instance, take this step from one quest I finished earlier today:

Achieve all objectives

• "Gather two red thallus antennae from faded thalluses or others in Oblivia."
  • "Gather two elemental clusters from oc-servs in Sylvalum."

There is a select few quests where normal quest navigation is disabled. The Orphe quest involving Senirapa Water, if you pick the choice split to save the dying Orphe and find more Senirapa Water, doesn't tell you where to find it. "Optional but better path on a quest" stuff like that in a handful of other instances has to be found. And the three Off the Record missions are designed to get you thinking by giving you poetic clues to what you need to do but who in the world would find Lyla's Galdr?.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

These I find by just typing in "Xenoblade Chronicles X collectibles map" and I find them on Imgur. I know of the site you're talking about and I tried it a few times, but interactive maps I can muck up with a misclick and then struggle to find my way back to what I wanted to look up. 

A blue dot will appear on the Wii Gamepad map for the locations of NPCs, enemies, areas you must visit, treasure chests, and valuable items- those that are one-of-a-kind and take the form of a red crystal.

Green exclamation points appear to represent the targets on the minimap in the upper right corner, and those exclamation points appear over them in the actual game. If you need to hunt enemies, the minimap will use a big orange circle to indicate where general area they may be found, the circle's color will fade if you're not at the right elevation. The orange circle is also used if you're tasked with finding information represented by golden speech bubbles. The minimap if you're not close enough for the exclamation point or circle to appear will use an arrow to point in the right direction on the rim of it.

There is the magic Follow Ball Tatsu gives you too, but all of the above information makes it sooooooo forgettable and unused, you just don't really need it.

Besides finding collectibles, the one place where this quest systems fails is enemy materials- the game doesn't direct you on the Gamepad or minimap to the specific location of any enemies that could drop what you're looking for. It does however usually name one specific species or at least family and a specific region of Mira where you could find that material. For instance, take this step from one quest I finished earlier today:

Achieve all objectives

• "Gather two red thallus antennae from faded thalluses or others in Oblivia."
  • "Gather two elemental clusters from oc-servs in Sylvalum."

There is a select few quests where normal quest navigation is disabled. The Orphe quest involving Senirapa Water, if you pick the choice split to save the dying Orphe and find more Senirapa Water, doesn't tell you where to find it. "Optional but better path on a quest" stuff like that in a handful of other instances has to be found. And the three Off the Record missions are designed to get you thinking by giving you poetic clues to what you need to do but who in the world would find Lyla's Galdr?.

Whoa...

Your like an encyclopedia of info for Xenoblade Chronicles X, makes me look pretty small time in comparison. I know alot about the combat, but that's about it. 

It's super awesome that you know all of that!

Edited by lightcosmo

Just have finished watching the Cold Steel III run.

Sean Chiplock is such a nice guy despite his interests are......... questionable at least.

He literally flipped out when Millium was shown for the first time.

Nah seriously, he's a cool guy even if he voiceacts the least exciting main protagonist in the Trails series.

Edited by Julian Teehee

>Airship

>Heading into a core

I see we are pulling a Trails

Let me guess

I am at penultimate dungeon now, right?

Btw, what's that ''Obstacle in our path'' remix played in cutscenes called?

Edited by Shrimperor

Downloading Megadimension Neptunia VII right now. I am so very excited for this!

@Armagon: The launch sale you told me about does apply to the game. I got it for 23,99€ instead of 29,99€.
Also, I checked the DLC and got the free stuff along with Nepgya, Umio (who this time come together instead of individually), Nitroplus, and God Eater. Thus, I can confirm: Justice Train Million Arthur (the best character inspired by King Arthur, don't @ me) is well and truly gone.

Oh, and there seems to be a bunch of other DLC "missing", as well, such as the Colosseum Battles and most of the weapon and costume stuff. Maybe they've included those in the base game?

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Just have finished watching the Cold Steel III run.

Sean Chiplock is such a nice guy despite his interests are......... questionable at least.

He literally flipped out when Millium was shown for the first time.

Nah seriously, he's a cool guy even if he voiceacts the least exciting main protagonist in the Trails series.

I can shed some light on this: Sean Chiplock himself said some time ago that Millium is his favorite character due to being reminded of his girlfriend during the scene where Millium jumps on Rean to wake him up in CS1. He actually ships Rean x Valimar. XD

Well, I hadn’t planned on really getting back into Trails in the Sky FC yet (intending to finish RD first) but the past few days have been pretty stressful and I needed to play something relaxing to take my mind off everything (although I’ll still be making my way through RD as well). This time I pulled a save file from around where I left off and got the PC version to continue with.

Wow. This game is great. I got hooked really quickly. The story, characters, and world are so charming. Estelle in particular is probably one of my favorite video game characters ever. She’s just so likable and her personality and attitude are very endearing to me. Kloe also stands out quite a bit as a character. She’s sweet and reserved, but is just as strong a character as the other mains.

I love how Liberl feels like one large interconnected world, even if the paths between locations are a bit samey. The towns and NPCs really make it feel like a living, breathing world that I’d actually want to spend time in.

The battling is enjoyable and simple enough for me to understand, so that’s nice as well. I prefer turn-based to action RPG style battling (although Rune Factory 4’s battling was really fun as well), and Trails’s battle system is probably my favorite out of the turn-based RPGs I’ve played. Maybe my only gripe about the battling is how it seems like the easy answer to most situations is to spam arts and crafts, but maybe that’s just bad strategy on my part.

And the soundtrack. It’s amazing. God-tier music. Beautiful. *chef’s kiss*

I haven’t played a game that put a visible smile on my face in a long time, but Sky FC has done that multiple times as I’ve been playing. It’s been a very memorable experience so far. I’m glad I discovered the series in joining SF because I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Downloading Megadimension Neptunia VII right now.

enjoy 😄

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

-snip-

you remind me of myself 5 years ago hehe

glad you're enjoying it 😄

Edited by Shrimperor

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

enjoy 😄

Thanks! ^^

---

fA9dKMc.jpg

The hype is real!

So, download is done, some updates and first impressions, because there are some differences to the PS4 version of the game, which is surprising, but we'll get to that.
First things first, about the "missing" DLC: Everything that has been Free DLC on the PS4 version (with the exception of the level cap ones) is included in the base game. That means the DLC Colosseum fights and the Japanese voice over option are already there.
Then, the game's performance. I haven't played it in TV mode yet, but in handheld mode, it runs pretty good. It has a lower framerate than on the PS4, but that's to be expected, really.

Now, to the "differences" I talked about. For one thing, they changed some sound effects, like for opening item boxes and for hitting things during battles, the latter of which I appreciate, because battle sound effects were really loud on PS4 and drowned out the music a lot. They've scaled the volume for "battle effects" down considerably, which is nice.
The other thing is that skills do frankly ridiculous amounts of damage. When my characters do barely 600 damage with their regular combos, throw out a skill, and you'll see numbers upwards of 2,900. I don't remember this being the case in the PS4 version of the game, where skills would about the same damage as normal combos, sometimes even less so, at least as far as I can remember it (feel free to correct me on this). If they did upscale skill damage, this would be another change that I like, because after a while, skills became basically worthless to me unless I was fighting a Dark CPU.

My guess as to the reason these "changes" happened is that they ported the PC version instead of the PS4 one (someone who played the PC version might be able to shed some light on this). Or it's not just a straight port. One of these two.

5s7GO11.jpg
Graphics aren't too bad, either, as you can tell from this screenshot.
Funny Nep Face is a nice bonus, of course (and maybe I'll use it as a profile picture one of these days).

Just now, Shrimperor said:

yeah, i don't remember skills being that weak xD

Especially Magic and higher lvld ones

Understood! So they did port the PC version of the game instead. Or at least they implemented hypothetical changes made for the PC version into the Switch one.
Thanks for the info! ^^

Okay, so onto the next chapter of Super Thracia:

First off, the boss of the chapter--

SuperThraciaEnglish005.png.8699f3a8fd46d9210a28a36fce7937ef.png

Tiltyu changed her name to Sigune, although I like the portrait. Her stats are crazy, my highest stat on my team is Leif at 26 spd, so yay.

Then to make my life more miserable, they have these jerks placed everywhere.

SuperThraciaEnglish007.png.f6ea7248ba34e71ebe2f3e642735a139.png

Also, @DragonFlames, i'm pretty sure this would be the snow map you were talking about earlier.

As you can see, these guys have blizzard magic ready to go, and are placed all over the place, so flier sniping wont work so well.

Edit: Literally me just turning my PS4 on:

20200728_074519.jpg.df23c2454960a7936836b88e3428924e.jpg

Edited by lightcosmo