MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

you remind me of myself 5 years ago hehe

glad you're enjoying it 😄

Thanks!

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Edit: Literally me just turning my PS4 on:

20200728_074519.jpg.df23c2454960a7936836b88e3428924e.jpg

Oof. Sorry to see that. PS4's seem to be a lot more error prone than the PS3 ever did, from what I've heard from others about it.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

EuzIfA8.jpg

I don't know how to make a drunk Claude.

Tbf I don't know how to make a person drunk in general since I have no experience with that.

If my memories aren't wrong, there's someone in this thread who has experiences with it.

Maybe they can give me a little help.

byuT2ex.jpg

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also, @DragonFlames, i'm pretty sure this would be the snow map you were talking about earlier.

As you can see, these guys have blizzard magic ready to go, and are placed all over the place, so flier sniping wont work so well.

Good luck!

---

Megadimension Neptunia VII has 20 save slots. 20.
Holy crap.

Other than that, I'm making good progress through the Zero Dimension Arc. I don't know if it's because the damage formula for skills changed or if it's just me who got better at the game, but I remember this arc being one heck of a lot harder on my first playthrough.
Also, yay Orange Heart!
we0jTyL.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only 20? F

That's more than enough for me!
I rarely, if ever, use more than two or three. Unless it's an Atelier game with a time limit. I used every available save slot in the Arland trilogy.

Also

*Will be Venus intensifies*

Yes!

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Green exclamation points appear to represent the targets on the minimap in the upper right corner, and those exclamation points appear over them in the actual game. If you need to hunt enemies, the minimap will use a big orange circle to indicate where general area they may be found, the circle's color will fade if you're not at the right elevation. The orange circle is also used if you're tasked with finding information represented by golden speech bubbles. The minimap if you're not close enough for the exclamation point or circle to appear will use an arrow to point in the right direction on the rim of it.

So apart from the arrow, it's basically the same as 2/Torna's quest tracking where it's more compass-like.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Thus, I can confirm: Justice Train Million Arthur (the best character inspired by King Arthur, don't @ me) is well and truly gone.

IMG_20200716_134722.jpg?width=326&height=431

At least the rest of the DLC is free.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I love how Liberl feels like one large interconnected world, even if the paths between locations are a bit samey. The towns and NPCs really make it feel like a living, breathing world that I’d actually want to spend time in.

My favorite thing about the Trails world is how it expertly manages in to mix in a fantasy and modern world. You'll see more of what i mean by that in the later in later games, should you decide to play them.

Maybe my only gripe about the battling is how it seems like the easy answer to most situations is to spam arts and crafts, but maybe that’s just bad strategy on my part.

FC probably has the easiest combat in the series. Mainly because Chaos Brand (i think it was called that) is incredibly busted and there's no reason to use anything else outside of the last two bosses, which are the only enemies in the game that resist Confuse.

SC on the other hand can get pretty brutal.

I’m glad I discovered the series in joining SF because I wouldn’t have known about it otherwise.

Me too. I didn't know Falcom existed until after i joined. I'm grateful too, Trails ended up becoming my second favorite JRPG series and i'm glad Falcom is finally beginning to embrace the Switch, even if only in the West.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't remember this being the case in the PS4 version of the game, where skills would about the same damage as normal combos, sometimes even less so, at least as far as I can remember it (feel free to correct me on this). If they did upscale skill damage, this would be another change that I like, because after a while, skills became basically worthless to me unless I was fighting a Dark CPU.

My guess as to the reason these "changes" happened is that they ported the PC version instead of the PS4 one (someone who played the PC version might be able to shed some light on this).

Yeah, gonna have to echo Shrimp, i don't remember skills being that weak in the PC version.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Megadimension Neptunia VII has 20 save slots. 20.
Holy crap.

Was that not the case in the PS4 version? Because i remember the PC version had that much at least. I know because i made 13 save slots because i was paranoid about missing the true end requirements.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, gonna have to echo Shrimp, i don't remember skills being that weak in the PC version.

Confirms my suspicions that this is most likely the PC version ported over, then.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Was that not the case in the PS4 version? Because i remember the PC version had that much at least. I know because i made 13 save slots because i was paranoid about missing the true end requirements.

PS4 saves are... weird to say the least. Only very few games have a save slot screen that has the game's aesthetic, whereas many use a generic one that holds a lot of save slots (I don't actually know how many), Megadimension Neptunia VII on PS4 has the generic one. On the Switch, the game has its own save screen (like all the other games do), and I got surprised that there are 20 save slots instead of, like, 8 or something.
Bit hard to explain, admittedly.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's more than enough for me!
I rarely, if ever, use more than two or three. Unless it's an Atelier game with a time limit. I used every available save slot in the Arland trilogy.

0pkQHoZ.jpg

one playthrough btw

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

PS4 saves are... weird to say the least. Only very few games have a save slot screen that has the game's aesthetic, whereas many use a generic one that holds a lot of save slots (I don't actually know how many), Megadimension Neptunia VII on PS4 has the generic one. On the Switch, the game has its own save screen (like all the other games do), and I got surprised that there are 20 save slots instead of, like, 8 or something.
Bit hard to explain, admittedly.

Oh yeah, PS3 and onwards did do that. I know what you're talking about, PSP does it the same way.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

0pkQHoZ.jpg

one playthrough btw

That's a lotta saves!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, PS3 and onwards did do that. I know what you're talking about, PSP does it the same way.

Ah, that's good, then!
As I was typing, I thought to myself 'dear lord, this is confusing af'.

Edited by DragonFlames

I never ever heared of Falcom and especially Trails either when I joined the forum.

Some people (who were using avatars of Trails games) praised this series to me.

I couldn't say "no", so I have become what I am.

I'd say I'm more a Trails fan than Fire Emblem fan right now since this series would never tire me unlike of Fire Emblem mainly because of its characters and plot.

Trails is my favorite videogame series, and this even by a quite mile.

Edited by Julian Teehee

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That's a lotta saves!

I like to have one before every boss incase i want to revisit something.

I rarely replay games, however, very very often i replay parts of games. Example Trails in the Sky SC final dungeon, where i went through it like 5 times with different party members each

It can also be used to help people in dire need of saves 😄

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I'd say I'm more a Trails fan than Fire Emblem fan right now since this series would never tire me unlike of Fire Emblem mainly because of its characters and plot.

Other way around for me haha. I used to be much more into Trails, but now i am much much more into FE (mainly due to gameplay though)

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How? Where you trying to get all the endings?

I don'T remember if i got the bad/normal endings here or viewed it on youtube ngl xD

Fire Emblem still offers my absolute favorite videogame (Radiant Dawn), but as a whole series I'd rather play multiple Trails than Fire Emblem games.

The only Fire Emblem games I could play permanently (and also did) are FE5 and FE10.

As for Trails I have a super strong affection towards both Crossbell games and Sky 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I never ever heared of Falcom and especially Trails either when before I joined.

Some people (who were using avatars of Trails games) praised this series to me.

I couldn't say "no", so I have become what I am.

This is me with Neptunia.
I'd never have gotten to know that franchise without people here (Armagon and Shrimpy in particular, Armagon recommended the series to me, Shrimpy gave me tips and other help). And, thanks to these two, I found one of my all-time favorite games and my favorite franchise to take profile pictures from.

And while we're on the subject: it wasn't until Shrimpy posted music from the game that I went and bought Blue Reflection, which is another all-time favorite now.
So, thanks for that, Emperor of Shrimps!

So... in a nutshell, this Forum is responsible for me discovering two games that I love very dearly.

You can throw Fate on this pile, too, because while I did watch the anime series of my own accord, I kinda "forgot" about it until I talked about the series to Shrimpy, Caster and Strullemia on here. Without Caster, I would probably never have touched any of the Fate-related games that I have under my belt now.

If you guys ever wondered why I consider you my friends, there's your answer. Part of it, at any rate.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I like to have one before every boss incase i want to revisit something.

I rarely replay games, however, very very often i replay parts of games. Example Trails in the Sky SC final dungeon, where i went through it like 5 times with different party members each

Makes sense, makes sense!

I like to have them in games with some kind of time limit. In addition to my earlier Atelier examples, I made a new save at the start of each Chapter of Nights of Azure 2, just in case something went horribly wrong (since you're kind of on a time limit in that game, too). I also used multiple save slots for Persona 5, in case I wanted to go back and do anything differently.

But usually, I commit myself to one save file only, unless I want to start a new game without using New Game Plus and/or if I have a "main save" that I still do post-game stuff in.

It can also be used to help people in dire need of saves 😄

That's very nice!

xVnQpEK.png

I sure got my priorities straight

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You are welcome!

It's always a joy to see people enjoy stuff you loved and recommended^^

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But usually, I commit myself to one save file only

I used to do that as well, but i ended up regretting it because i always wanted revisit a particular section/boss haha

xVnQpEK.png

I sure got my priorities straight

Meanwhile I'm like "that icon he used for the Games folder is hecking adorable".
Priorities indeed!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You are welcome!

It's always a joy to see people enjoy stuff you loved and recommended^^

🙂
That is very true!

I used to do that as well, but i ended up regretting it because i always wanted revisit a particular section/boss haha

This is why I love it when games have a "refight boss" option, be it that they just respawn, like in Etrian Odyssey or Nights of Azure, or that they come back stronger in the post game, like the Dark CPUs in MegaNep. XD

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is me with Neptunia.
I'd never have gotten to know that franchise without people here (Armagon and Shrimpy in particular, Armagon recommended the series to me, Shrimpy gave me tips and other help). And, thanks to these two, I found one of my all-time favorite games and my favorite franchise to take profile pictures from.

And while we're on the subject: it wasn't until Shrimpy posted music from the game that I went and bought Blue Reflection, which is another all-time favorite now.

So... in a nutshell, this Forum is responsible for me discovering two games that I love very dearly.

Tbf pretty much all other series aside of Fire Emblem and Smash are attributed to this forum because FE10 was my first (tactical) JRPG. Since i loved it, I wanted to discover more (tactical) JPRGs. Some series like Trails, Tales, Xenoblade or Shin Megami or could convince and others like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy couldn't. I hate to say this but Neptunia belongs rather to latter category. Played one game for the PS3, but dropped it after about three hours. Well, happens. I'm still open for more new series. Still have some new series as backlog like Shining Resonance, Nights of Azure, Ni No Kuni...

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

meanwhile i am into a FE so much, i keep searching for and playing fangames

This was me 4-5 years ago when I was relatively new to FE. I went so far that I was even mentioned in MarkyJoe's LPs.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Meanwhile I'm like "that icon he used for the Games folder is hecking adorable".

Spoiler

Gjj3vTn.png

oXnq38g.png

cBLwB3a.png

You get them with the Deluxe edition haha. I've been using them for specific folders.

For example, i have IF as my Computer, Vert for games, BookHisty for Uni stuff, and Blanc for ninty emu folders

also notice how Nep, Gear and Plutie are recycle bins lmao. It's the reason why i don't use them haha.

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Some series like Trails, Tales, Xenoblade or Shin Megami or could convince and others like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy couldn't. I hate to say this but Neptunia belongs rather to latter category. Played one game for the PS3, but dropped it after about three hours. Well, happens.

All the time. Not everything is for everyone, after all. I did hear that the Re;Birth games fixed a lot of the issues the PS3 games had, but I understand that playing that game turned you off from the series.
It happened to me too with Xenoblade 2. I wanted to try it out because it was so praised here and while I did like playing it, it ultimately didn't grip me as much as it did others. I had to concede that that series isn't excatly my cup of tea. I still love to read you guys' posts about the games, though.

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Hide contents

Gjj3vTn.png

oXnq38g.png

cBLwB3a.png

You get them with the Deluxe edition haha. I've been using them for specific folders.

For Example, i have IF as my Computer, Vert for games, BookHisty for Uni stuff, and Blanc for ninty emu folders

also notice how Nep, Gear and Plutie are recycle bins lmao. It's the reason why i don't use them haha.

Aww, these are really cute!

Yeah... I probably wouldn't use those, either. Especially the Nepgear one is mean...

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah... I probably wouldn't use those, either. Especially the Nepgear one is mean...

The other nepgear one is prime ''research'' folder material xD

but who even saves that stuff offline nowdays