Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Megadimension Neptunia VII and Cyberdimension Neptunia have awesome English dubs, to be fair (Cyberdimension's is slightly better, I'd say).
The dubs for the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth games are... less good, shall we say. They're not terrible, but they're really stiff and oftentimes emotionless.

But the thing with Compile Heart games in particular is that in the dubbed versions, many lines that are voiced in Japanese are not in English, so I understand when people like to play those games in particular in Japanese (like me with Mary Skelter).

Yeah, I really enjoyed it as well! It could on FF X's level of stiff...

Oh, that's interesting.

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yuri Lowenthal does a pretty good job as Marth, although I agree, his JP VA is a bit better.

I don't think he captures Marth's "gentle" temperament nearly as well as his JP VA does.

Edit: slightly ninja'd on that one.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Made another one:

Spoiler

RC9-395-J1H

It gives a ton of power ups, so beatable imo.

Yeah. Just a bit more space to stop and rest in between the tough parts.

Am afraid the latest update doesn't quite fulfill this criterion because it's basically bullet hell.

Will work on something softer then.

Edited by Julian Teehee

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I can definitely say that I’m glad people talk about what they love. Not only it is great to see other people enjoying what they enjoy, but without people talking about games they love, I wouldn’t have discovered Trails or Ys, two series that I find myself wanting to either continue playing or get into in the first place. Who knows? I may find even more series that I’ll enjoy if people keep chatting about what they like, and maybe I can do the same for them by talking about what I like. It’s a positive experience all around.

So. How were the wiki articles for those games? If there were as good as they were for Fate I understand why you would have enjoyed it so much!
...That aside.

I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday, I was just frustrated and my depression was coming back and acting up, I just didn't feel very good and took it out on everyone else. My preference would be if people could tone down on the Trails talk at least a bit for now... since me getting so exhausted seeing people talk about a game I don't want to play it, isn't the best mindset for me for a game I promised my girlfriend I would at least give a fair shot someday. But I can't force anyone, so, that's fine, if no, I suppose.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How many chapters does FC have?
Since the goal seems to be to get recommendation forms from all four guild branches, I'm guessing it'll be four or five chapters. That's my prediction!

prologue + 4  iirc

8 minutes ago, Caster said:

But I can't force anyone, so, that's fine, if no, I suppose.

try to ignore stuff you aren't interested in, that's what i do anyway.

10 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday, I was just frustrated and my depression was coming back and acting up, I just didn't feel very good and took it out on everyone else. My preference would be if people could tone down on the Trails talk at least a bit for now... since me getting so exhausted seeing people talk about a game I don't want to play it, isn't the best mindset for me for a game I promised my girlfriend I would at least give a fair shot someday. But I can't force anyone, so, that's fine, if no, I suppose.

We talk about Xeno all of the time here as well though (at least I do!). And I don't think the non Xeno fans feel left out.

It's just a way of expressing ourselves, which is a good thing, really.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

try to ignore stuff you aren't interested in, that's what i do anyway.

Teach me how to become illiterate, then.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

We talk about Xeno all of the time here as well though (at least I do!). And I don't think the non Xeno fans feel left out.

It's just a way of expressing ourselves, which is a good thing, really.

I am aware, but it's also not a lie I become more disinterested in trying something the more people talk about it around me. That's not a lie, that's just how I feel. If it was just one person I wouldn't really care, but it's like, half of everyone here, and my interest just fades.

18 minutes ago, Caster said:

So. How were the wiki articles for those games? If there were as good as they were for Fate I understand why you would have enjoyed it so much!
...That aside.

Look. I've already said that I shouldn't have tried to get into something that I wasn't really interested in with Fate. I was just trying to know enough to be able to chat about it when the topic was brought up (although I did watch the anime, which was good), but I realize and have already admitted that that was stupid. I should've just stuck to what I liked. I get it.

Is there a reason you felt the need to be sarcastic about it and point that out to me again?

Trails and Ys, on the other hand, are something I genuinely enjoy and am glad someone recommended them to me.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Look. I've already said that I shouldn't have tried to get into something that I wasn't really interested in with Fate. I was just trying to know enough to be able to chat about it when the topic was brought up (although I did watch the anime, which was good), but I realize and have already admitted that that was stupid. I should've just stuck to what I liked. I get it.

Is there a reason you felt the need to be sarcastic about it and point that out to me again?

Trails and Ys, on the other hand, are something I genuinely enjoy and am glad someone recommended them to me.

I'm sorry, I was just trying to joke about it.
It did feel insulting when you said it, though. 

I'm sorry, I'll just shut the fuck up, I don't know how to even poke fun properly when I'm in this shitty mood, I should just fucking leave again, ugh...

awF8AMz.png
Strike 2.
*insert "You were the chosen one!" Star Wars meme here*

---

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

prologue + 4  iirc

Ha! Knew it!

Also, I got it wrong before. There are FIVE recommendations I need, not four.
Also, also, I finished Chapter 1 just now. Just thought I'd let y'all know!

---

Whenever I see Xeno talk, I get frustrated at the fact that Xenoblade 2 was yet another game that ultimately didn't really click with me.
I don't get frustrated at the Xeno talk itself, however, more at myself for not enjoying it as much as others do. Sometimes, at least.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I'm sorry, I'll just shut the fuck up, I don't know how to even poke fun properly when I'm in this shitty mood, I should just fucking leave again, ugh...

Stay here!

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hope you enjoy yourself!
If nothing else, the music is awesome.

We need more music anime that is actually about music and not idol bullshit.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

On a side note, Love, Chuunibyo & Other Delusions is to this day one of my favorite anime.
But I haven't seen too many, so... yeah. XD

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Huh

It's usually loved though. This is the first time i ever hear it's divisive

From what i was told, it pretty much just depends on whether or not you'd find the characters annoying.

I'd probably be fine with them but as i've said, i'm still in anime burnout. If i watched Chuunibyo and ended up disliking it, that would've just made the burnout continue. Whereas K-On is universally praised inb4 i end up disliking it.

But even if i break free from my burnout, i'm still done with keeping up with seasonals. Keeping up with seasonals is actually bad for your health, i can't believe a lot of anime fans do that.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I usually prefer english dubs as well

Except for Nep

Same. Along with Atelier, i prefer Japanese dub there as well. Well, in the games that have dual-audio anyway. Cause Atelier doesn't have English anymore.

But most of the time, English dub for me.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I keep misreading Clock Up. For some reason, I always forget the "L"...

LMAOOOOO

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Although I admit I tend to be partial to JP VAs because they’re usually better quality than the English dubs, imo.

No that's just because you don't actually understand Japanese. 

For real though, Japanese voices only sound better because we don't actually have a solid grasp on the language and we can't legitamtely gauge the quality of it. If you actually do understand Japanese, then it's different. Although i will say even to a non-native speaker, some JP VAs are just immediatly recognizable. Takehito Koyasu is a prime example of this.

Of course, this isn't to say the English dubs are better but we're able to say "yeah this English dub kinda sucks" or "yeah this dub is good actually" because we actually understand it. 

Even with all that in mind though, it's all preference in the end. I like to watch most anime with JP simply because that's the original language, though sometimes, i would make exceptions (JoJo Parts 1 and 2, for example). Same with foreign movies. When i marathoned the Godzilla franchise earlier this year, i watched all of the non-American ones in Japanese, because that's the original language.

7 minutes ago, Caster said:

Teach me how to become illiterate, then

Just scroll over them. Ezpz.

It's how i feel about Dragon Quest and Finaö Fantasy for example. I don't think i will ever play them, but if people are talking about them, i don't go and tell them to stop.

You know what else? I dropped Trails, and it really hurts sometimes to talk about it, as i used to really love the series (it was my uncontested #1!), but i enjoy seeing people enjoy stuff i enjoyed more than making them stop because of some stuff i hate. It's why i also avoid Cold Steel groups in Falcom chats, because i don't want to bring more toxicity into the mix.

Basically
Instert Shulk Image here

You can also start a Fate discussion, but it's only me, you and Draggy (who needs to vn)

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Whenever I see Xeno talk, I get frustrated at the fact that Xenoblade 2 was yet another game that ultimately didn't really click with me.

I don't get frustrated at the Xeno talk itself, however, more at myself for not enjoying it as much as others do. Sometimes, at least.

It's too bad that you feel that way, but that doesnt mean you wont enjoy other Xeno games, you know.

I'm pretty sure me and Armagon are the only ones who mention Xenosaga around here, though. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just scroll over them. Ezpz.

It's how i feel about Dragon Quest and Finaö Fantasy for example. I don't think i will ever play them, but if people are talking about them, i don't go and tell them to stop.

You know what else? I dropped Trails, and it really hurts sometimes to talk about it, as i used to really love the series (it was my uncontested #1!), but i enjoy seeing people enjoy stuff i enjoyed more than making them stop because of some stuff i hate. It's why i also avoid Cold Steel groups in Falcom chats, because i don't want to bring more toxicity into the mix.

Basically
Instert Shulk Image here

You can also start a Fate discussion, but it's only me, you and Draggy (who needs to vn)

I guess... I guess it's just this and my issue with discussion hurting me wanting to play a game and the fact that only Draggy really actually takes any suggestions of series I enjoy. Lots of people keep sayin' they love hearing people talk about things they love and want to try it out, but barely anyone has done that for me, even off this site (some people, sure, but barely any) half the time I need to beg anyone to actually try out something for me that I really love.

I don't know, I'm probably in the wrong, as usual, I know I always am, and it's what I'm always told, I can't even joke properly, after all, without hurting everyone around me.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

I'm sorry, I was just trying to joke about it.
It did feel insulting when you said it, though. 

Well, I apologize for that. I never intended to insult anyone. I was just trying to learn about something that other people enjoyed and went about it poorly. My bad.

Please, there's no need to stop commenting. I wouldn't want someone to make me feel unwelcome to comment here, and I hope I haven't done that to you. If I have, I apologize again.

A good example for me would be KH. Everyone here shits on the series big time, but that doesnt mean that I cant talk about it, even if they dont take interest, Im sure they still care about how I feel. Basically, even if your responses arent optimal, people here really care about your feelings.

That sounded really cheesy, didn't it?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We need more music anime that is actually about music and not idol bullshit.

Agreed!
K-On is that, basically. But it also develops the characters really well.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But even if i break free from my burnout, i'm still done with keeping up with seasonals. Keeping up with seasonals is actually bad for your health, i can't believe a lot of anime fans do that.

I never did that, actually.
But I'm a very casual watcher, anyway, so I'm not exactly a good example, I feel like.
I can count the series I actually followed on one hand: Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Digimon Xros Wars (regrets), and... that's it. That's it?
Wow...
Anyway, everything else, I watched long after it first released.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

LMAOOOOO

Yeah... at first, I was like "wait, that can't be right!", then it sorta became habit and now I think my brain just does it on purpose. XD

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And who probably has some unpopular opinions on Fate stuff as a whole... like, for example, really liking the Extraverse.
Also, I'll get to the VN eventually. I just have to find a way to get it, and then to get it to work.
Unless a Linux compatible version exists, otherwise, it'd have to be my WinXP virtual machine that I have for making PDFs.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

It's too bad that you feel that way, but that doesnt mean you wont enjoy other Xeno games, you know.

After everything I've read about XB1, I'm really not too tempted to try that game out.
I like reading people's posts about the games, but I can't see myself playing another game in that series, in all honesty. I tried it out, found it's not for me, though I am happy I got to see it for myself.
Sorry about that!

Seriously people can shittalk videogames as much as they want unless wrong facts are brought up.

Videogames are a trivial topic.

If it becomes a much more personal matter like politics, economy, enviroment or health, then it's a complete different thing.

With videogames being trivial I mean they have a lower value than the four mentioned terms in the phrase above.

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Have you made stage(s) I could test?

I didn't yet, becaue i don't think i can create a good one xD

Maybe soon ™️

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And who probably has some unpopular opinions on Fate stuff as a whole... like, for example, really liking the Extraverse.

...that isn't unpopular though

the only Extraverse thing that is really not liked is the Anime

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, I apologize for that. I never intended to insult anyone. I was just trying to learn about something that other people enjoyed and went about it poorly. My bad.

Please, there's no need to stop commenting. I wouldn't want someone to make me feel unwelcome to comment here, and I hope I haven't done that to you. If I have, I apologize again.

It's okay... just like... look, I know, this series is honestly hell to get into. It took me a while to actually love it overall. 
I guess just in my eyes I think people should give it a fair shot (I am going to do the same for Trails... I just... need to get over some frustration, I had this same phase with Fate, so, no it's not just this specifically)
Like, fuck, man, I don't even care if you want to just play the fucking Fate cooking game coming out, I just think the way you went about it was bad and showed very minimal of what people enjoy a lot of this series, especially the wiki part.
I know VN's aren't for everyone. If the gameplay of the Extra remake is better when we know more of it I would probably suggest giving it a shot, because I really like Extra besides the gameplay.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

A good example for me would be KH. Everyone here shits on the series big time, but that doesnt mean that I cant talk about it, even if they dont take interest, Im sure they still care about how I feel. Basically, even if your responses arent optimal, people here really care about your feelings.

That sounded really cheesy, didn't it?

Well, you definitely sounded like a Kingdom Hearts fan.

I get you, I'm sorry. I know I'm overly emotional and not always in the right mood to actually have conversations... I know, trust me.

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

Seriously people can shittalk videogames as much as they want unless wrong facts are brought up.

Videogames are a trivial topic.

If it becomes a much more personal matter like politics, economy, enviroment or health, then it's a complete different thing.

With videogames being trivial I mean they have a lower value than the four mentioned terms in the phrase above.

The reasoning you quit FF6 was more upsetting than any political opinion.

I know, I'm sorry, Jules. 
I'm just not in a great mood, you've known me for a while, so I'm sorry you still have to put up with my stupidity.

Don't worry, I take everything!

Practice makes perfect!

By doing all my testruns I think I could improve my 2D platformers skills a little bit, so two birds with one stone.

@Caster

I know you put a higher value on videogaming than I do, so I can somewhat understand.

You apologized, and I accept, so let's end this discussion right here.

FFVI was bad to play on emulator, that's why I got aggravated by the boss.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a release for Switch, so no chance to try replaying it for me right now.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Just now, DragonFlames said:

After everything I've read about XB1, I'm really not too tempted to try that game out.

I like reading people's posts about the games, but I can't see myself playing another game in that series, in all honesty. I tried it out, found it's not for me, though I am happy I got to see it for myself.
Sorry about that!

I did say "Xeno series", that includes Xenosaga as well. And considering you like turn based games, I think the battle system would be much more interesting to you. 

Also, it's alright not to like it, I'm not going to try and force you. Just cause I love the series to death doesnt mean you will. We see different things In it, which is fine! 

Just now, Caster said:

Well, you definitely sounded like a Kingdom Hearts fan.

I get you, I'm sorry. I know I'm overly emotional and not always in the right mood to actually have conversations... I know, trust me.

I'm just there for Aqua and the gameplay at this point! 

Seriously now: people dont like the story, they dont like the inclusion of Disney, etc. That's okay, not liking it is completely fine! We all have different tastes in style! I wouldnt get angry at someone who says "the story is trash". Thats their opinion, which I enjoy hearing their views.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

...that isn't unpopular though

It's not?
Okay then! *Neps in relief*

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

the only Extraverse thing that is really not liked is the Anime

>.>
<.<

Uh...
Oops.

The only thing I dislike about the Fate/Extra anime is the portrayal of male Hakuno. He's very generic and emo compared to his in-game counterpart (the English version is much better, though, because Billy Kametz is a voice-acting god). And the fight scenes are kind of meh early on (they get better later, though).
Everything else, I actually liked. Sure, it's not the best thing ever, but it's good enough.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I did say "Xeno series", that includes Xenosaga as well. And considering you like turn based games, I think the battle system would be much more interesting to you. 

Also, it's alright not to like it, I'm not going to try and force you. Just cause I love the series to death doesnt mean you will. We see different things In it, which is fine!

Xenosaga has turn-based combat? That changes things...
Maybe I'll try one of those out, then!